• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fic Rec and Review Archive

K_S

Yes, my fav 'mon match up with TR's, what of it?
Title/Link: The Drawing Board chapter 4

Genre: Pokemon OT, genre analysis

Rank: Teen, mainly for language and some not too horridly detailed 'mon abuse,

Author: Against.The.Current.

Why I'm recing it/summary: A variant of "challenging the 'mon world system" and the "trainers are wrong" without running into the pit falls of the mainstream of that genre. So we've a 'mon story with no battling, no trainer's journey where the trainer had the wrongness shown in stages, rather the MC it's a out of universe insert who has a fuzzy clue as to where she is, and when she takes her bearings, realizes what world she landed in is...

Her groan of utter irritation can be heard a 'verse away.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. custom/moka-mark
  2. solrock
I think the index post is fully updated now with all the posts on this thread, but I haven't yet combed through and pulled allll the recs from the 7 Day Fic Challenge thread. That'll be a project for another morning. 😤

K_S

Yes, my fav 'mon match up with TR's, what of it?
I found more fics... sharing one though since rules and all that...

Made for Team Rocket

by JFSindel
Link: MfTR
> Seems to be settled in Teen for the moment, as there's some alluded gore and evil but nothing much showed thus far.

> Pokemon Manga centric, a spin-off of the Yellow/SPECIAL arch focusing on the spiritual nature of the series.

> adventure intrigue (stories in starting stages so this may change)

> Optional: It Seems Team Rocket-centric considering one of the narrative forces is Gio and he's the present head of TR.

> Length and status ongoing multi-chapter with short chapters each update.

> Why you're recommending the fic? Honestly, anyone who starts poking into the spiritual side of the manga gets my attention since it's a rare topic even broached. The fact that the main antagonist is still connected with the Forest of Viridian (a melding of eldritch abomination/landscape/and something from Miyazaki's head) and the present protag is a child raised by the said Forest and is half-feral for it... It's an interesting starting point to the tale where the underlings of TR are wondering if their Boss is losing it, unable/unwilling to challenge his power either way, and the villain of the hour seems to be sliding between worlds/awareness from the physical world to the metaphysical at a drop of a hat. This spin of Gio contrasted to the sweet, innocent if feral, Yellow has been a treat to read thus far.

Top Bottom