• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Favorite Pokémon

QueenSilver

Youngster
Pronouns
She/her
Celebs was probably one of first movies I saw, and I loved it. Froslass is two of my favorite typings and she kicks butt.

Attachments

• 465A691C-989F-43A4-B2D4-0345F618B2AC.jpeg
    465A691C-989F-43A4-B2D4-0345F618B2AC.jpeg
    659.8 KB · Views: 8

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
I'm dichotomous in that I'm a fan of a ton of ground and flying types with a few norms/odd and ends thrown in.

My top six for casual play would be

Persian, obvious as I'm a cat person and utterly unprepentent, Kanto version only though not a fan of Alola or Galar subtype.

Rhydon, eh I'm a fan of the classics, not a fan of his later evolution but his first and "second" I like.

Nidoking, the godzilla vibe from something that starts as a bunny amuses me to no end.

Krookodile, two of my fave colors and adorable to boot.

Swellow, Originally it'd be a Pidgeot here... but between Jaden animations and my own nuzlock in Hoenn... I jumped boat.

Weavile, the mix of icy stealth ninja, and flufed feathery crest, are wins across the board.

love

Memento mori
Pronouns
he/him/it
Partners
  1. leafeon
Sylveon is my favorite. It's pretty and fabulous and has touchy-feely ribbons! Ninetales gets an honorable mention, though.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The entire Chikorita line. The Cyndaquil line is a close second.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
MMM KAY here we go
For the purposes of this exercise, I excluded legendaries. This is roughly my order of favorites for all time.
https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite-list?favs=FJEDM5K4CcCoExFOJSE2AZEAFmLK
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 22.21.27.png

My fav legendaries are
1. Ho-Oh,
2. Groudon,
3. Latias
4. Yveltal,
5. Solgaleo

Mostly in that order.

It should be noted Orbeetle somehow won a spot in my top three.
You see, back when I played SW/SH for the first time, I already looked at the full dex. I didn't want any surprise uglies (sorry Incineroar, but u ugly compared to Torracat).
But when I started playing, I met little Blipbug. And I was like, wait.... I don't recognize this one. There's nothing I enjoy more than the thrill of discovering a new mon, so I kept him on my team. Named it Galahad (I was going for a knights theme, sue me)
It evolves into Dottler, and I love it. Saved my hide in battle many a time.
Then... then one miraculous day it evolves into Orbeetle. My heart soared. I begin battling more. Not only do I enjoy its design, but I'd never had such a surprise battler before. In dynamax dens, he was invaluable!!! Light Screen/Reflect was a lifesaver, combo with Bug Buzz and Psychic for stab bonus. Absolutely awesome.

So yeah. He somehow beat Tyrantrum, and almost everyone else.

Some notable mentions who aren't here, in no particular order:
Linoone/Zigzagoon (I really love Linoone even more than I knew!!! Cute long boi, so fuzzy
Mightyena!
Toucannon!! What a bird!!!
Rockruff/Lycanroc (midday mostly)
Houndoom
Swellow (PRETTY)
Braviary
Metagross
Altaria
Garchomp
Sableye
Sceptile
Bolthund
Quagsire
Krookodile!!!!!!!!!

You may have noticed a pattern.... I love dragons, cute dogs, big rock bois and squishy things (Gastrodon, Swampert, Quagsire)

Also... Hoenn. Just.... Hoenn. 90% of my favs are Hoenn

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I keep forgetting to post this! I drew my favorite pokemon of each type back in August. (So hard to choose!)
GRxIftq.jpg

Juazm6L.jpg

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
I keep forgetting to post this! I drew my favorite pokemon of each type back in August. (So hard to choose!)
I can't help but notice there are plant themes in all of those (except Breloom, but fungus is close enough, right), and several are at least part grass or bug type :P

I started doing the Pokemon Picker but I just kept choosing every Water-type I saw lol

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I can't help but notice there are plant themes in all of those (except Breloom, but fungus is close enough, right), and several are at least part grass or bug type :P

Yeah, I picked a plant (or fungus) for each one as a unifying thing. And because I love plants. 💚 If I could only train one type (break my goddamn heart, but) it would probably be grass. Throw torterra, lilligant, lurantis, tropius, shiinotic, parasect, and gourgeist in there. I think ^ that favorites list actually represents ground-types most strongly though at 4/18, then flying at 3/18.

Last edited:

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
OldschoolJohto, those drawings are amazing!

Just mentioned this in my intro post, but my two favorites are Gyarados and Togekiss. Gyarados was the first pokemon to ever do the "ugly duckling" thing (stick with this weak pokemon for 20 levels and it turns into an intimidating beast), and Togekiss is a very versatile sweeper, besides being adorable.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
unknown.png

Yeah, you can definitely see where my tastes lie with this list. I excluded legendaries and made sure to name every pokemon in only one category. Overall, my favourite pokemon is Hydreigon with Greninja and Lucario being close second and thirds respectively.

Rueful Raven

Youngster
Pronouns
she/her
raven's faves.jpg

My favorites of each type! Some of these might seem a bit random, but what can I say?

Honorable mentions who didn't make the cut: Zangoose, Seviper, Sceptile, Swalot, Corviknight, Reshiram, and Shelmet!

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Omg, @Rueful Raven, we’re rival rocks. 🌞🌛 I also had roserade, crookodile, and staraptor in my list, though, and torterra is among my honorable mentions. 👌

ArielDiancie

Fanfic Writer/Reader and Hardcore Pokemon Fan
Pronouns
She/Her
Diancie is my all time favorite which is funny becauseit was also the first giveaway card that I recieved from a friend of mine, I still have her in my Pokémon Moon game and if anything were to happen to that save file (because I have had one corrupt on me before) I would have no idea what to do. Generally I prefer the more cute designs after that followed by more sophisticated ones

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Rowlet will always be my fav. So round, so squishy. I even have a Rowlet plushie in my bedroom.

myuma

I still think about y%#'()_*{\\"'&36)%("'$&''&(15y
Pronouns
she/her
I'm also somebody without a clear favourite. As a kid I really liked Milotic, but now I really like cute, small Pokémon, such as Hoppip, Mincinno, or Vulpix.

edit:

I'm not familiar with post gen 6 Pokémon at all, so none of those feature in my favourites list, haha

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
I like Volcarona. It's beautiful, has great stats, and a reliable typing along with several moves to counter said weaknesses.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Alright, it's been almost two years, time to update my favorites list!

1. Chikorita line
2. Oshawott line
3. Treecko line
4. Tropius
5. Snivy line

Juliko

The number one Deerling fan!
Pronouns
She/Her
I have a lot of favorites, personally. But my absolute number one favorite Pokemon of all time is Deerling. I mean, look at it! It's an adorable pink Bambi deer with a flower on its head and changes color with the seasons!

Top Bottom