• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Fanregion Supreme 1 Corpse

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
No I totally didn't forget to post this corpse, why do you ask?

Hi hi welcome to the 2022 Fanregion Supreme 1 Corpse! Thanks to all the wonderful writers for participating :D

Fanregion Supreme 1

Part 1
Harrison sighed as he walked alongside his starter Pokémon, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Boring ass day, huh, bud?" He said as he glanced down at the Quilava fusion.

It snorted and shook itself, spraying stray bits of magma.

He smiled slightly. His starter was nothing special, of course. Almost every Pokémon in the Burrera region had been gifted by the gods of the Sky-Dwellers, and thus had inherited the gods' DNA.

It just so happened that Harrison's starter had been blessed by the only god to reside within Burrera: Heatran.

The most well-known and accepted myth told that the god had given "birth", so to speak, to the second earth, below the crust of the first earth. The denizens of the first earth had eventually come to be known as the Sky-Dwellers, and the gods of the first earth, the "legendaries" as they were called, shunned Heatran, and banished him to the core of the planet, never to be seen by any humans, Sky-Dweller or not, again.

Of course, that was all only a myth, passed down through thousands of years.

Strangely enough, there were no myths regarding how or why the Pokémon of this region had come to be blessed by all manners of gods anyways.

History didn't matter right now, though, for he was on his way to challenging every Arena in the region, and maybe eventually becoming the Champion!

As he had only just started his journey, he would be heading to the first Arena, nestled within the town of Bludsworth.

He took another look at his only Pokémon: the standard body shape of Quilava, but with eyes that very much resembled the inside of a lava lamp. The colors of the 'mon itself were more reminiscent of Heatran than Quilava, with a bronze coat and silver underbelly. Magma, this species's substitute for blood, occasionally leaked out from the spots that, on a regular Quilava, would be used for flames.

The two of them settled into a brisk walking pace; Harrison planned to arrive in Bludsworth before the end of the day, and from the looks of it, the sun would be setting soon.

At some point along the road, he ran into a trainer. Next to her was a red Golbat that had multicolor-feather wings, and then there was also a Shroomish.

Harrison squinted, and his Quilava sniffed curiously at the Shroomish. He couldn't see anything unusual about this Shroomish, which meant…

"Holy crap, where'd you get a Fallen Pokémon?!" He blurted out.

The other trainer stopped and smiled slightly as she looked at the Shroomish. "I got this little fella in the Axehead Forest. It's right next to Bludsworth. If you go there now, you might be able to find one too!"

Harrison grinned and quickly thanked the girl before sprinting in the direction of the forest.

Eventually, he and his starter made it to Axehead Forest. The trees were plentiful, and the ground was slightly marshy, his shoes sinking into the grass with every step.

"Heh, must rain here a lot…" He remarked to himself.

Quilava gingerly walked, ears flat against its head. Harrison stopped when he heard something rustling in a nearby patch of foliage. He quickly grabbed a Pokéball from his backpack, and crept closer.

A small, avian Pokémon walked out from the bush, sniffing at the air curiously. It was an Archen, though it was white in color, and had black sclera. Its wings, though remaining feathery, were green, and the tips of the feathers were sharper than usual.

Harrison blinked at the 'mon. Well, it wasn't a Fallen 'mon, but it was something, at least. Now, if he could figure out what this one was gifted by…

"Oh! Are you… a Shaymin 'mon?"

The Archen tilted its head as it looked up at Harrison. It let out a chirp, and stared intently at the Pokéball he was holding.

His brain took a few seconds to catch up with what was being implied, and once it did, he stupidly fumbled the ball and dropped it on the damp ground. He picked it back up and held it out to the Archen. "U-Uh… do you… wanna come with us?"

The 'mon chirped again and pressed its nose to the ball, and was absorbed into it with no resistance at all.

Click!

Well, sweet. Now he had two members to his team. Harrison quickly got out of the forest, and once he was out, let the Archen out of its ball.

It was very common for trainers in the region to have their team in their Pokéballs at all times, but some people kept their ace, or any rare Pokémon, such as Fallen 'mons, out and about.

The sun was already beginning to dip below the horizon, and that was the signal he needed. No time to waste.

"Alright, c'mon guys!" He called to his team as he rushed ahead. Quilava and Archen quickly followed.

Once he got to Bludsworth, it would be time to challenge the first Arena.

AbraPunk

Part 2
The Arena was large and coated in a layer of sand. Rocks and boulders were scattered all over. Was this a Rock type Arena, or a Ground type? No wait, the Arenas were themed, not typed. So this was probably a desert themed Gym.

The Arena Master was a tall woman with tanned skin and long, white hair. Of course she would be the Arena Master.

"Wessina," Wes chuckled cooly. "Wasn't expecting to see you here. It's been so long."

"Don't you mean 'wesn't'?" Wessina grinned. "First rule of the Ultra-Trainer League: Expect the Wes."

She tossed a Pokéball in the air, and a Flygon emerged.

"I thought the first rule was 'Don't talk about the Fight Club'," Wes said.

"That too. The League 'round here is il-League-ul. If you get caught, you could face punishment by death. And a fine." Wessina spread out her arms. "Send out your Pokémon."

"Alright then: Archen! Go!"

Wes threw his Pokéball, and Archen flew out.

"An Archen, huh?" Wessina scoffed. "It's not an Eeveelution. What a pathetic Wes you are."

"You don't have an Eeveelution."

"I have a Mega Flygon, which is even better."

"A what now?"

Wessina took out a Mega Sock, which began to glow in rainbow colors. Flygon was enveloped in rainbow light as well, and when the light exploded away, there it was: Mega Flygon. It looked like a regular Flygon, but with even more wings.

Wes grimaced, making an anime "ngh" from deep within his throat. How would he and Archen stand a chance against Mega Flygon? If they couldn't defeat the first Arena Master, how would they even get to the other four?

Torchic W. Pip

Part 3
“In the Origigon Region, we have access to Mega Stones you couldn’t even dream of in Unova!” Arena Master Spade boasted. “In fact, I don’t think Unova has any Mega Stones! Or even any other kind of gimmicky transformation mechanic!”

Suddenly, something in Sharpe’s pocket grew ice-cold. It was the Lock Stone Professor Palm gave him when he arrived in Origigon! “Unova might not have any gimmicks… but your region does! Lock Stone, activate!” Sharpe whipped the strange padlock-shaped rock out of his pocket, and pressed it to the Nega Pebble that had gotten stuck in his shoe many days ago. A cloud of darkness billowed out of Archen as she began to change form.

“Wha- what’s going on!” the Mega Flygon said, stepping backwards in fright.

“It’s Nega Evolution!” Sharpe declared. “A special transformation that only base-form Pokemon can achieve! As the exact opposite of Mega Evolution, it’s logically the perfect counter to it!”

Master Spade gasped. “But… how!? According to legend, Nega Evolution can only be achieved by a trainer who has absolutely zero faith in their Pokemon! Not even the slightest shred of respect for them! And the feeling has to be reciprocated, too!”

Sharpe grinned and stood up straighter. “That’s right! Everything on our journey has been leading up to this moment! Every obstacle we faced, every challenge we failed to overcome, built up our mutual loathing more and more! By carefully nurturing every grudge and finding ways to resent even the tiniest of each other’s flaws, we’ve formed the strongest anti-bond in all Origigon! An anti-bond which- wait, why is she smaller?”

The cloud of darkness surrounding Archen had cleared up, revealing a scrawny, almost featherless bird who looked like she was just a few days away from hatching. “Waaaaa!” she bawled, tears flowing from her eyes. “We’re gonna lose and it’s gonna be all your fault, like always! I hate you!”

A voice emanated from the Pokedex clipped to Sharpe’s belt. “Nega Archen, the worst bird Pokemon! This ancient creature is thought to have been the very first Pokemon to accuse their opponent of cheating when they lost a game, and their whiny tantrums are the ancestor of all modern rage-quitting! Their ability, Nega Defeatist, activates as soon as they engage in any form of competition, convincing them that winning is completely hopeless and leading them to focus solely on making the experience as unpleasant for their opponent as possible!”

Sharpe stared at Nega Archen’s diminutive form in stunned horror. “But… but she still counters Mega Evolved Pokemon, right?”

“No? As the opposite of Mega Evolution, Nega Evolution makes Pokemon weaker, not stronger. I don’t know why you thought that would be a counter.”

“I don’t know, I thought it would be like matter and antimatter or something! Hey, Archen, why don’t you touch Flygon and see if that makes him explode?”

“NO!” Nega Archen shrieked.

Sharpe groaned. “Fine, let’s just get this battle over with...”

“Battle?” Arena Master Spade said. “In Origigon, we don’t practice your barbaric Unovan Pokemon blood sport, which is completely illegal here! No, we settle our differences the civilized way… with CARD GAMES!” With a single fluid motion, the Arena Master unslung the card table strapped to his back, unfolded it, and slammed it to the floor. Hydraulic lifts sprung to life underneath the arena, raising up four plastic folding chairs as trapdoors slid open with mechanical whirrs.

“Wait, what? Is that why everyone’s been acting so weird when I challenged them to a battle?” Sharpe asked. “Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?”

“The fact that the arena masters’ names are Spade, Heart, Diamond, Club, and Joker didn’t tip you off?” Flygon said.

Master Spade laughed. “Here in Origigon, we don’t follow your barbaric Unovan custom of telling people what the laws are! Virtuous people should just know in their hearts what the rightful course of action is! And at this moment, the rightful action is… A GAME OF SPADES!” He doffed his top hat and pulled out a deck of cards, then began dealing four hands on the table at a furious rate.

Sharpe sighed. “Fine, whatever. At least we have more chance at winning a card game than a battle at this point.” He and Archen took up seats on opposite sides of the table, while Spade and Flygon took the other two. “Hold on, what was the point of Mega Evolving Flygon if not for a battle? And shouldn’t you have shuffled that deck before you started dealing?”

“The answer to both your questions is the same: Mega Flygon’s ability, Spade Force!” Spade announced triumphantly. “It lets him generate a mighty wind that only effects spades!” On cue, Flygon beat his wings, and a strange clockwise wind blew around the table. Certain cards flew out of each hand and were replaced by others.

“Hey, that’s cheating! You’re being a cheating poopy-head!” Archen declared.

“Card-game-related Pokemon abilities are considered fair play in Origigon!” Spade declared, smiling triumphantly. “Now, I believe you have first bid, Sharpe.”

Sharpe looked at his hand. His mouth gaped open. “What the- It’s literally just spades! You gave me all the spades!”

“Now now, giving your partner hints about your hand’s composition is against the rules!” Spade chided.

“So is using Pokemon abilities to render the game completely pointless!” Sharpe protested. “I’m forced to bid thirteen, since I’m going to take every trick this round no matter what anyone else does! We might as well be playing solitaire!”

“Now you see why shuffling the deck didn’t matter! I’m going blind nil!” Flygon declared, having not even looked at his cards.

“This is stupid! I’m not bidding anything!” Archen whined.

“I’ll also bid blind nil!” Spade declared. “Now, let’s play!”

There followed thirteen of the most pointless rounds of Spades Sharpe had ever played, as his hand full of spades, being the trump suit of the game, won every single trick.

“We all made our bids! Since Flygon and I both bid blind nil, we get 400 points while your side only gets 230 for your bids of nil and thirteen! We’ll play one more round – remember, the game ends whenever a team reaches 500 points, and then whoever has the most points is the winner! And since we’re going to be doing the exact same thing again, that’ll be us!”

Sharpe stood up. “This is pointless. If you’re just going to cheat like that, I’m not even going to bother playing.” He took a single step away, then the ground of the arena rumbled. Panels in the floor slid back, uncovering a deep pit immediately behind Sharpe. He wobbled for balance, narrowly avoiding falling in.

“Careful, Sharpe – if you lose a game of Spades against an arena master, you’re banished to Sphades, the Card Game Underworld! I wouldn’t resign so quickly if I were you!”

“What the frick is ‘Sphades’!?”

“Basically it’s just a big hole with sharpened metal spades at the bottom we’re gonna shove you into,” Flygon said.

Sharpe stared into the pit in horror. Far below, the bits of light that managed to reach the bottom glinted off something sharp and metallic. “Falling down there would kill me! I thought you said blood sport was barbaric!”

“Not blood sport in general – just your Unovan blood sport!” Spade explained. “What’s barbaric is that your Pokemon battles don’t end with the loser dying! Only the strongest must be allowed to survive! Allowing losers to live is perverse!”

“Unbelievable...” Sharpe muttered, and sat back down. Spade took the stack of tricks Sharpe had piled up and began dealing again, once more without even bothering to shuffle.

“I’ll go blind nil myself this time,” Sharpe said.

“Very well! Blind nil for me, too!” Flygon announced.

Archen looked at her cards. “I’ll bid ten. Not like it really matters.”

“I bid blind nil! Now, make your play, Sharpe!”

“Hold on.” Sharpe held up a finger and waved it at the arena master. “You’re forgetting one rule – when only one partner bids blind nil, they’re allowed to trade two cards with their partner before the game begins!”

“So what? Your side will still have all the spades, so you’ll still get all the tricks!” Spade sneered.

“We’ll see...” Sharpe traded the five of clubs and the ace of diamonds to Archen, and received the two and three of spades. He played the four of clubs. Flygon played the three of clubs, while Archen played the five of clubs that had just been traded to him.

Master Spade stared at his cards in horror. “Wha- no! It’s not possible! How!” With trembling hands, he was forced to play the six of clubs, winning the trick. He’d lost his bid of blind nil, for -200 points. “Wait! I can still win! I just have to make you take a trick!” He threw down the two of hearts.

However, Archen simply ended up winning the trick, playing the four of spades. “Wow, breaking spades already? Who would’ve guessed! It’s almost like her entire hand was spades or something!” Sharpe said. Archen proceeded to win every other trick in the game, closing out with the Ace of Diamonds. “Archen and I won our bids with two bags, so we gained 302 points this round – while your score didn’t change, since one of you won a bid of blind nil and the other one lost, canceling each other out! We win 532 points to 400!”

The ground began to rumble. “No! How could you have known not to look at your cards!? Or which ones to pass to your partner!? You must’ve cheated somehow!” Spade accused.

Sharpe laughed. “I didn’t cheat – I simply remembered the order cards were played in last round! Since you didn’t bother to shuffle, I knew exactly where everything was! Your crappy dealing dealt you your own death!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Spade screamed as he plummeted into a pit that opened beneath him.

“Ironically my Levitate ability would’ve saved me from this fate if I just hadn’t Mega Evolved so I could cheat!” Flygon announced, before plummeting into his own pit.

“YES! We actually won something for once! And also two people just died horrible deaths right in front of us, but mostly the former thing!” Sharpe pumped an arm in the air. “I’m glad you didn’t just give up when things we’re going against us!”

“The only thing a Nega Archen likes more than accusing their opponent of cheating when they lose is the vindication of winning when their opponent actually is cheating!” Sharpe’s Pokedex beeped.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Nega Archen muttered. “I guess we have to defeat Arena Master Heart next?”

“Right! Let’s do it together, buddy! I still loathe you to an extreme degree, of course.”

“Same.”

Together, the unlikely pair of Nega Archen and Carl Sharpe, terrible trainer but surprisingly skilled card player, had managed to defeat Arena Master Spade and narrowly avoid banishment to Sphades, the Card Game Underworld – but will their luck hold against the notoriously decapitation-happy Arena Master Heart!? Find out on the next episode of The Origigon Challenge: A Totally Original Fan Region, Do Not Steal!

The Walrein

Part 4
Carl strode through the doors to the next arena as Archen struggled to keep up beside him with awkward hops. "Watch out!" Archen squawked. "Remember, Arena Master Heart is prone to..."

"Off with his head!"

Archen stopped, looking frantically in the direction of the voice. There stood a scowling woman, crown atop her head, pointing a scepter with a heart at its head towards Carl.

Carl pulled a card out of his deck and struck a dramatic pose, holding the card forward. It was a Reverse Uno card. "No, off with your head!" he countered, and Arena Master Heart's head flew off her body, her face still set in a surprised gasp.

Carl returned to his normal stance, looking around. "Is that it? Did I win?"

"Of course not," said Arena Master Heart's head in indignation from its spot on the ground. "Victory with a single card? Unheard of! Servants, bring me my deck!"

"Then I accept your challenge!" Carl said, striking a pose again. "Bring on your best cards!"

A group of floating Luvdisc levitated up to the Arena Master's body, some picking up the hem of her dress, another plucking a deck of cards out of her pocket and bringing it to her head. The Arena Master frowned as she examined the cards.

"Have a taste of my Nega Reverse Beam!" she announced after a moment, the Luvdisc picking out the card and displaying it. "Your Nega Archen will now become a regular, just Archen!"

Archen blinked as his creepy inverted coloration suddenly inverted itself into the simple yellow, red and blue of a normal Archen. He examined his wings in wonder. Had he just become... normal? After a life of bullying, of being ostracized for his uncanny inverted shading and white outlines, Arena Master Heart had simply fixed it? Given him the chance for a normal life, instead of being here exiled with Carl, who might have been well-meaning and a good card player and all but was, yes, kind of a terrible trainer?

"Archen, don't worry! I have my own Nega Reverse Beam!"

...And then it was back. Archen sighed in defeat.

"I summon the legendary Pokémon Molzapart!" Arena Master Heart snapped; the Luvdisc threw the summon card in the air, and Archen and Carl watched in awe as a multicolored swirl of light manifested into a giant bird, part Articuno, part Zapdos and part Moltres.

"If some trainer thinks he can capture it, nothing can stop it from killing the trainer and his pokémon and use its psychic powers to make everyone forget the trainer, even his parents," said Carl's Pokédex helpfully.

Dragonfree

Part 5
This was bad, thought Carl. Very bad.

Here he was, fighting a crazed Lyuvdisc who had summoned an immensely powerful hybrid who not only could kill him but erase every memory of his existence as well.

Fortunately he had something to deal with this exactly sort of situation.

"Go, Mothmad!"

He tossed a Pokeball, sending out a strange bipedal moth-like Pokemon.

"What IS that?" inquired Arena Master Heart.

"Mothmad, the Mothman Pokemon," sputtered Carl's Pokedex. "It is a Bug/Dark Pokemon that lurks along roadways to scare travelers. Its Ability, Obfuscation, directs all psychic abilities back to sender!"

"Wait wait oh shi-" yelled Arena Master Heart.

"Swiggity swoggity your powers are boogity," said the molthmad.

Molzapart looked around in confusion .

"Who am I? What am I? Why can I feel my body screaming?"

"The source of your suffering is that ugly pink fish!" Carl yelled. "Kill it and you'll be back to normal?

"Wait, no, you don't understan-" Arena Master Heart started to splurt.

Too late. She was obliterated by a lightning bolt. As one does.

Molzapart separated into its component Legendary birds, though they kept looking around saying "who am I" "what am I".

"...You can get their memories back, right?" asked Carl to his mothmad.

The mothmad shrugged.

"...Oh well. Now we've dealt with a local chapter of the evil team we should go find a Gym."

The boy and his mothman proceeded to go find one of the Banara Region's gyms.

-------

They eventually found one. A Grass-type gym run by one Bromelia.

"This is perfect for you, Mothmad!" exclaimed Carl.

"Sure yeah whatever," muttered the mothmad.

They entered the gym, and were greeted by a dark room. Then suddenly a screen featuring Bromelia popped up.

"Greetings, challengers! Are you ready for some hi octane action?"

"High octane action? In a Grass gym?" chuckled Carl. "Are you craz-"

Suddenly vents opened. Carnivine poured out of the vents.

"Here's your Gym challenge Trainer!" said Bromelia. "Feed my Carnivine snacks before they snack on YOU!"

Umbramatic

Part 6
The region of Iusih was weird.

The gym challenges were unlike any other region. Instead of solving a puzzle, battling a bunch of trainers, herding Wooloo, or whatever, they took inspiration from a crisis from the past of Sinnoh, when it was still known as Hisui. A trainer, one of the first in the region, calmed the rampaging Noble Pokemon by throwing their favorite foods at them, all while trying not to get killed by some of the strongest Pokemon in the region.

So the gym challenges of Iusih had the unfortunate gym battlers throw food at the gym leader's Pokemon, all while trying not to get killed by them.

Sure, there were some safety precautions to make sure nobody actually died, but that mostly just consisted of an ambulance constantly at the ready.

Bromelia was one of the most notorious of Iusih's gym leaders. Her Pokemon were all chosen by not how good they are at battling, but which grass-types could inflict the most pain to a human. Usually she just sent out her Sceptile and had them give the trainers a few nasty cuts, but on days she was in a particularly nasty mood, she sent out her Carnivine.

Like today.

Honestly, with all the reports of severed limbs that Carnivine has caused, it was no wonder the region of Iusih had its membership to the League League revoked for "unecessary cruelty".

("It builds character!" Carl remembered his dad saying when that happened. He liked his dad, but he was always too fond of violence for his liking.)

And he wasn't in the mood to lose an arm or a leg today. Or any day, for that matter.

So he came to a decision.

"I quit."

"What?!" Bromelia asked, arm frozen in the middle of throwing out Carnivine's pokeball. "You quit? You haven't even tried!"

"I quit. I'm gonna start a new life in one of the ranger regions, instead of throwing my life away here in Iusih. I heard Oblivia has workplace safety laws."

IFBench

Part 7
“No!” Boss exclaimed. “I need you. Iusih needs you. This team needs you.”

She launched into the usual ministrations and begging I expected, prattling on about how the work was important, I needed to consider the team first, and even threw in a classic ‘you should be grateful to have a job like this’ and ‘you youngins never appreciate hard work’. I zoned out, giving a few nods and ‘uhuhs’ just to string her along, while I mentally planned my move to Oblivia.

A friend of mine mentioned how Oblivia had just overthrown their evil team, which always meant plenty of great job openings. A golden opportunity. Or perhaps I could try Paldea, although there was rumbling about some group called Team Star, and if they were anything like the other space-related villain teams like Galactic and Rocket that would be tricky...

I’d heard Orre was trying to improve but it was also super overlooked by everyone, so Oblivia would probably remain my best bet-

“I’ll give you a raise.”

That caught my attention. I snapped out of my thoughts, focusing back on her. “How much?”

Boss smiled sweetly, almost patronizingly. “Fifty cents.”

“Fifty cents?” I scowled. “I almost died from clipping through the floor into the giant vat of grain behind our base!”

“I understand you’re upset but please-”

I rolled my eyes, unable to stop myself. “Upset isn’t even the beginning of it. I joined Team Corn because I believed in our goal, of creating infinite farmland by flattening all the mountains of Iusih and controlling the world. But if I can’t even do my job safely then there’s no point in me sticking around. At least a nice top-down region like Oblivia won’t have these kinds of bugs. And our base sucks,” I added. “The load times are horrendous for your employees. I could understand if the goody two shoes protagonists had to have load times, but why do we? All we do is stand around waiting for some random kid to battle us! You still haven’t even patched the glitchy wall in the bathroom! A wild Rattata has been stuck in the wall for the past two weeks!”

Shock, then anger blossomed on her face. “How dare someone like you rebuke such a generous offer and have the gall to insult this glorious team. I’ll have you written up-”

Brilliance struck me like a lightning bolt. I gave her my best smug smile. “You can’t write up someone who’s not an employee.”

Boss’s veins were almost popping off her forehead now. She spluttered with rage.

And then it dawned on me.The pieces fell into place. The perfect path to success. A glorious ladder leading towards all my hopes and dreams. “I challenge you to a pokemon battle-duel. If I win, I become the new leader of Team Corn!”

A battle-duel was a rarely used form of one-on-one battle only done in Iusih. As long as both parties accepted, almost anything could be wagered, so usually people were very careful about having one.

Boss quickly regained her composure. She smiled primly. “I refuse your challenge.”

A cheshire-grin formed on my face before she even finished her sentence. She’d fallen right into my trap card. “Ah but now that I’ve quit, that means... I’m a customer. And the customer-” horror crept across her face “-is always right.”

Boss let out a Exploud-like howl of despair and fury, even as she stepped back to give us room to battle. She reached for a pokeball from the oversized designer purse she carried.

[Boss Karen is forced to accept your challenge! Boss Karen sent out a Primleeva]

The strange pink and gold bipedal pokemon emerged, flipping its hair dramatically as it sashayed into position. The visor across its face oddly resembled a pair of oversized sunglasses, which it perched on top of its head as it regarded me with its trademark scowl.

I grinned. There was only one pokemon I trusted to settle this battle-duel. “Go Mangerhowl!” My starter emerged, a tall, stilt-legged wolf pokemon with ginger fur and black streaks, and mud caked around his paws. Ground and Dark type vs a Fairy and Electric. This would be fun.

“According to battle-duel rules, you go first,” I said.

Boss Karen glared. “Use Demanding Tone!”

Primleeva stormed across the field and let out a harsh cry. My ever faithful Mangerhowl bore it well, though I could tell it had weakened his defenses slightly. It didn’t matter. I was overleveled for this fight. “Mangerhowl, Use Mudslide!”

The battle didn’t last very long. Even with Primleeva’s best efforts, Mangerhowl was just too tough. After a few minutes, Primleeva lay before it, fainted, and he howled triumphantly.

Boss Karen returned her pokemon and slunk up to me. “You win. Team Corn is yours.”

A broad grin formed on my face, and my heart began to race. Only a little bit ago I’d been ready to throw it all away, join a different evil team. But now I was the leader of my own evil team. And where Karen had failed, I intended to succeed.

No more buggy bases with glitched walls. No more clipping through the floors and loading times ruining productivity. I would treat my grunts right, give them raises for performance, plenty of rest days, and cultivate the good qualities I saw in them. Paid holidays for my non-essential staff. With a great team, anything was possible. With a great leader, Team Corn’s name would become known far and wide.

Iusih was a region of dangerous mountains and valleys and cliffs and crevices. Under my rule, Iusih would finally evolve, and the land would finally be transformed to its truest state - infinite farmland.

First Iusih. Then the world.

Flyg0n

Top Bottom