• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I guess, on a practical level, three mafia members are unlikely, or there at least isn’t much to tie three individuals together in a way that makes sense. If Perse, Phan and I were all three mafia, there wouldn’t be much tying us all together.

A lot makes sense if you tie me to Phan or Perse to Phan, but not much to tie me to Perse (except through Phan). Perse and I have been at each other’s throats for almost the whole game. Sure, mafia members obviously cast suspicion on their own to make themselves seem innocent when the other flips mafia, but besides that, I can’t think of any way we’ve helped each other.

It makes some sense, then, that most of us are assuming there are only two mafia. Since it’s difficult to tie me to Perse, it would have to be someone out of the main three suspects. But basically everyone else is townlocked, so that’s highly unlikely.

Looking back, I do understand the assumption there are only two mafia, and I find myself agreeing with it. Of course I would since it’s the only realistic way I’m innocent, but if we work with the most likely setup of out enemies, we can more accurately strategize instead of assuming the worst.

Also, I’m not sure if I already did, but I vote Phan.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Before the EoD, I'm calling on @windskull to reconsider his vote for Phantump. I don't like the idea of losing an innocent if Phan or Persephone are innocent. I also feel like Tanuki is a much safer bet because DW turned out to be innocent and he protected our healer last night.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Even though I'm still pretty sus of persephone, I think I agree with Equita yeah. I'll go ahead and vote Tanuki but I'm gonna cry if Equita is wrong somehow ;n;

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Day 4 has ended. Please wait while the votes are counted.

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Tears streamed down Ashwood’s face as the human glared at the Raichu. Flower petals littered the makeshift aisle, the crumpled remains of their relationship.

“Why?” Ashwood asked hoarsely. “How could you do this? I thought what we had was special! And—and you do this! I can’t believe—after everything we had—The choking sobs turned into a raging scream. “KILL DESPER!”

Slowly, the other team members likewise call for the Raichu’s demise. Desper’s lips curled in a small smile as he watched fingers of his fellow Pokemon and people point at him.

As the votes tallied more and more against him, Desper’s grin only grew. Behind him, the ground contorted and unfurled into a decaying tree with a single rope hanging.

Bones clawed out of the ground to lift Desper up to the noose and form the skeleton of a horse. “I guess he wasn’t an uncatchable outlaw after all.” It was Desper’s voice, but didn’t sound like him at all. The voice echoed around them all, whispering into their ears, their minds.

Desper’s form melted before their eyes, leaving a shapeless ghoul with a yellow grin in his place. “Congratulations,” it spoke. All at once, all light vanished. The entire landscape disappeared into endless night.

Tanuki has been lynched. He was Mafia.

Night 4 begins and will continue until Midnight UTC/8 PM EST October 25.

Final vote:

Current vote:
2 Shiny Phantump: Tanuki, Persephone
4 Tanuki: Waffle, Equitia, Shiny Phantump, windskull

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
People and Pokemon alike rub the sleepiness from their eyes and rise from their beds. The hearts pound with fervent anxiety as they look around. With so few of them left, it doesn’t take long at all to register what nightly events had transpired.

“Luna?” Ashwood calls out, half-hoping that perhaps the young girl is simply hiding somewhere.

But the only answer is the cackling and moaning of the ghouls left behind.

Luna (Waffle) was eliminated. She was Innocent. Day 5 begins and will end in 48 hours at Midnight UTC/8 PM EST October 27.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I checked Shiny Phantump last night and got "Successful", so yeah

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
["Did you really think I wouldn't notice?" Shimmer cackled as she let glimmers of fairy energy dance on her fingertips, pointing at the braixen. "You really should have thought that one through better. Now... I think it's about time we end this little game, don't you?"]

I watched Waffle and saw Shiny Phantump, so yeah.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
After seeing inarguable evidence, unvote: Phantump. Vote: Windskull

Clearly Phantump is pulling a Fusion. Windskull's the tru scum

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
You can't fool me, Phan. I know you're innocent.

Top Bottom