• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Exquisite Corpse 2021 Themes

What theme(s) would you be interested in writing about?

• Ash Betrayal

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • NPC POV

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Pokémon Sports

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pokémon POV

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Journeyfic (if you're interested in a specific region(s), please comment with them!)

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Detective Pikachu

• Genre Switch Corpse (see explanation in first post)

• Reverse Corpse (see explanation in first post)

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
It's time for another round of Exquisite Corpse! If you aren't familiar with Exquisite Corpses, these are collaborative writing games where a group of authors get together to write a story on a given theme, with one twist: each author writes a scene based only on the last two sentences of the scene from the writer before them. This results in a chaotic story that lurches from one topic to another, plot threads appearing and being discarded just as quickly--but which can be surprisingly coherent. If you want to learn more or see how it works in practice, check out last year's event!

I've collected some potential themes from the Discord server, and now the goal is to narrow them down to three or four for this year's event. Vote for as many as you think sound fun! A couple of the proposed themes want a little extra explanation, so here's more information about them:

In addition to their two-sentence prompt, each writer gets a selection of genres (comedy, mystery, PMD, journeyfic, etc.) to choose from for their section. The corpse will therefore drastically shift genre from one section to the next!
Instead of starting with the first scene of the corpse and continuing to the last, the first writer of this corpse would instead write the last scene. Instead of sending the last two sentences to the next writer, the first two sentences of the scene would be sent along. Instead of each writer deciding what happens next, they'd be trying to figure out how the heck the story ended up in the crazy place it would be at the opening of the next scene!

I'm also looking for people who might be interested in running a corpse! It isn't difficult: I'll provide you with a list of participants in the order they should proceed in; your job would be to send them their prompt when their turn begins, follow up with them if they didn't send you their scene back by the deadline, and ultimately post the full corpse once you'd gotten scenes back from all the participants. You can't write for a corpse you're running, but depending on interest we'll be running multiple corpses per theme, so if there ended up being more than one for the theme you liked, you could participate and would simply get assigned to the instance being run by a different person. If you're interested in helping out, please comment below!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I'd be happy to run a corpse again if needed. Looking forward to the event!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'd be interested in perhaps running one sometime!

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I’m down to run one!!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I'd be up for running one again! Looking forward to seeing which themes get picked! (C'monnnnn Detective Pikachu...)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All right, looks like we have our themes. Thanks a ton to everyone who volunteered to run a corpse--I'll contact you once sign-ups close and we know how many of each theme we'll need.

Sign-up thread up shortly! See you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom