• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon DW's Drabble Bingo!

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Well look at that, I actually did finish; did the bottom row of my bingo card. All of them are over a hundred words by a fair bit, and none of them are quite as tied to the prompts as I would've liked, but I had fun writing these up regardless.

Lost
Lute didn’t know how long he’d been here. Or where he was, for that matter. The path he came into the forest didn’t seem to be the way out.

He was counting his steps, trying to do anything to keep himself sane. 998,143, 998,144, 999,145. The number seemed so big, but with legs shorter than the grass he was walking through, it felt like like barely moving. Lute was attacked by a pidgey shortly after he first came in; his little legs were almost the death of him- thank Arceus his spores released in time to slow it down.

Something moving caught Lute’s eye. It was on his left– no, his right, he could’ve sworn it was on his left an instant ago. It was bright; red and green and white. Stood out against the night like a beacon. And it seemed like it was trying to come right towards him.

A hawlucha. He need to release his spores now or–

“Hey there little guy,” the hawlucha said. “Lute, right? My name’s Marion.”

Darkness
It was occurring to Marion that there was probably a reason rescue teams didn’t go dungeoning at night. The dungeon had seemed much more… shifty, than any she’d visited during the day. She could walk down the same corridor twice, just minutes appart, and be pretty dang sure she wasn’t ending up in the same place. And she couldn’t see anything. Which made her less sure of whether or not she had just ended up in the same place she came from, but still pretty sure.

These were both strong reasons for Marion to stay home at night.

But. There was a morelull stuck here, who had a very worried older brother, which was a very strong reason for Marion to be here looking for him.

She puffed out her chest and kept moving, until she saw a faint blue glow in the room she was about to enter. Lute.

Without warning, Marion was on the opposite side of the room. She was now very sure the dungeon was extra shifty tonight.

But Marion would not be deterred, sprinting down towards the morelull, the only thing in the room she could see, moving fast so she could make sure the dungeon wouldn’t shift her away again. Lute’s light shifted to a bright red; that was nice, he was trying to get her attention.

“Hey there, little guy,” she said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. “Lute, right? My name’s Marion.”

Escape
“Um…” Lute took a few steps back. “You’re not going to eat me, are you?”

The hawlucha– Marion– flapped her cape indignantly. “Eat you?” she said. “Of course not! I’m a rescuer. I came here to get you out of here.” A rescuer. He was in a dungeon.

Marion reached out with a claw and scooped Lute up without warning. He froze. “Hey, its okay, don’t be afraid,” Marion said, “I won’t hurt you; I just thought it’d be faster if I carried you, alright?” She slowly move the claw she was holding him in to place him on her back. Lute rooted himself into her feathers– this might be his only way out.

Marion walked for a while, chattering about everything under the sun. About her favorite foods, about her family, about how much she love her job as a rescuer–

“Um… if you don’t mind me asking,” Lute interjected. “don’t rescuers usually have badges to teleport them out?”

Marion flapped her wings with indignation again, nearly knocking Lute off. “Well, yeah, of course. But I decided not to bring mine! I needed the exercise!” she paused. “Besides, we’re almost out. I think."

Marion was right, Lute could see the exit. He’d be home with his family before sunrise.

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Heya, was a bit drained on time and energy tonight, so I decided to give a random drabble collection my last burst of energy for my Week 3 reviews of Review Blitz before hitting the hay. Yours seem to have gone a bit under the radar, so let's see what we can do to fix that, huh?

Lost

Lute didn’t know how long he’d been here. Or where he was, for that matter. The path he came into the forest didn’t seem to be the way out.

Oh, so this is a Mystery Dungeon setting, huh? Since this feels very 'Mystery Dungeon' right now.

He was counting his steps, trying to do anything to keep himself sane. 998,143, 998,144, 999,145. The number seemed so big, but with legs shorter than the grass he was walking through, it felt like like barely moving. Lute was attacked by a pidgey shortly after he first came in; his little legs were almost the death of him- thank Arceus his spores released in time to slow it down.

Yeah, see above. Though how long has Lute been stuck in here anyways?

Something moving caught Lute’s eye. It was on his left– no, his right, he could’ve sworn it was on his left an instant ago. It was bright; red and green and white. Stood out against the night like a beacon. And it seemed like it was trying to come right towards him.

Lute: "Oh, that ain't good."
:uhhh:

A hawlucha. He need to release his spores now or–

“Hey there little guy,” the hawlucha said. “Lute, right? My name’s Marion.”

Lute: "Hell... o? Who are you again?" ^^;
Marion: "Someone looking for a way out. You seemed like you needed a bit of help yourself there."

Darkness

It was occurring to Marion that there was probably a reason rescue teams didn’t go dungeoning at night. The dungeon had seemed much more… shifty, than any she’d visited during the day. She could walk down the same corridor twice, just minutes apart, and be pretty dang sure she wasn’t ending up in the same place. And she couldn’t see anything. Which made her less sure of whether or not she had just ended up in the same place she came from, but still pretty sure.

Small typo there.

These were both strong reasons for Marion to stay home at night.

Marion: "Not least of all since I'm pretty sure that I'm supposed to be diurnal." >v<

But. There was a morelull stuck here, who had a very worried older brother, which was a very strong reason for Marion to be here looking for him.

Oh, so that's what Lute is. I kinda wonder if that should've been a bit more explicit in the first drabble.

She puffed out her chest and kept moving, until she saw a faint blue glow in the room she was about to enter. Lute.

Without warning, Marion was on the opposite side of the room. She was now very sure the dungeon was extra shifty tonight.

Marion: "Me and my luck, seriously." >v>;

But Marion would not be deterred, sprinting down towards the morelull, the only thing in the room she could see, moving fast so she could make sure the dungeon wouldn’t shift her away again. Lute’s light shifted to a bright red; that was nice, he was trying to get her attention.

“Hey there, little guy,” she said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. “Lute, right? My name’s Marion.”

Oh, so it's a perspective flip of the last drabble. That's a neat spin on things there.

Escape

“Um…” Lute took a few steps back. “You’re not going to eat me, are you?”

The hawlucha– Marion– flapped her cape indignantly. “Eat you?” she said. “Of course not! I’m a rescuer. I came here to get you out of here.” A rescuer. He was in a dungeon.

Lute: "You know, it sure would be nice if you had some sort of easily visible badge or whatnot that 'mons like me could see." >_>;
Marion: "I'll... need to keep that in mind for the future, really. ^v^

Marion reached out with a claw and scooped Lute up without warning. He froze. “Hey, it's okay, don’t be afraid,” Marion said, “I won’t hurt you; I just thought it’d be faster if I carried you, alright?” She slowly move the claw she was holding him in to place him on her back. Lute rooted himself into her feathers– this might be his only way out.

... Wait, if Lute is rooting himself into Marion's feathers, how easy (or not) is it for him to disentangle from it? .-.

Marion walked for a while, chattering about everything under the sun. About her favorite foods, about her family, about how much she loved her job as a rescuer–

“Um… if you don’t mind me asking,” Lute interjected. “don’t rescuers usually have badges to teleport them out?”

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who found that strange.

Marion flapped her wings with indignation again, nearly knocking Lute off. “Well, yeah, of course. But I decided not to bring mine! I needed the exercise!” she paused. “Besides, we’re almost out. I think."

de7.png

Since, you know. This feels like a way for things to needlessly go wrong in short order.

Marion was right, Lute could see the exit. He’d be home with his family before sunrise.

Well luckily for Lute, that day is not today.

I thought that these were some cute drabbles, though the fact that Lute and Marion seem to have firm identities as characters makes me wonder if they actually originate from another story outside of these drabbles. I thought that they were decent, if obviously sticking to the very "100 word story" end of the scale for drabbles, but they still could've used a second pass through them to smooth out some typos here and there.

But altogether I thought that these were a cute batch of breather short stories, and it makes me curious if you have any other stories in mind for Lute and Marion @DawningWinds . Since hey, they're a cute combo, and it might be fun to see those two again sometime.

Top Bottom