• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Drabble Tag!

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Prompt: Over Nine-Thousand
(Note: This is intended to be a sequel to my response to the "Last in the World" prompt; it probably works better if you read that first.)
---
She’d decided that she preferred being alone to this.

She’d used to like visiting home. She’d kind of liked wandering freely.

Not more than having a family, but the man with the needles wasn’t family. She could still feel the pain where he’d stabbed her last, days ago. There was still a mark.

He said he was sorry. That he didn’t want to do this to her. “But with over nine-thousand failures, it’s the only option,” he’d said one time.

But not doing it at all was an option. He wasn’t trapped in a cell, being forced to do it.
---
Next prompt: Blur

thenatureking

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. lopunny
Previous Prompt: Blur
---
By her trainer's will, this was a gothita's punishment.

A steel-shelled shuckle bulleted against the walls of her Trick Room. Each violent collision left a painful mark in Marionette's mind that was mirrored in the indigo bruises blooming in inky blots along the psychic glass.

But there for her was the Above Mother and all that She sent. Visions. Secrets. True knowledge. It came to Marionette in a blur of distant stars and warped ancestor memories, and she knew. She knew why Humans called the unforgiving karmic energy "Payback".

By Marionette's own enduring will, her trainer would know it, too.
---
Next Prompt: Sweet Darkness

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Previous Prompt: Sweet Darkness

Ugh, this Halloween candy is super-old, John thought. Into the trash it goes-

The apartment's lights cut off. "I am the sugar that swirls in the night!" a voice called out.

"What? Who-"

"I am the taffy that's no laughing matter! I am the caramel that makes evildoers' hands sticky! I am... SWEET DARKNESS! And I'll make you pay for throwing those innocent treats into the garbage!"

John squinted and saw a cape-wearing Alcremie approaching him in the gloom. "I was just throwing away expired candy!" he protested.

"Now, let's get delicious!" The Alcremie smiled.

John was never seen again.

Next Prompt: To Denounce The Evils Of Truth And Love

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Prompt: To Denounce The Evils Of Truth And Love
---
"To denounce the evils of truth and love!" she twirled around the set.

The director stood up in his chair and slapped his script against his armrest. "Cut!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned.

"Not enough?" the actress brushed the pink wig aside. "I do feel like I'm not quite getting-"

"Too much! Nobody's that overdramatic!"

Suddenly, the roof crashed in, and the set conveniently transformed into a dark, starry background with a big red R.

"Prepare for trouble," a magenta haired woman said, dramatic lighting highlighting her announcement.

"Never mind, Sue," the director sighed. "you're doing great."
---
Next Prompt: "I didn't do it"

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
prompt: "I didn't do it"

---

"I didn't do it," N said slowly.

The courtroom burst into chaos.

Eyes narrowed, the prosecutor looked up from her sheaf of papers. "There are multiple eyewitness accounts in which you said, 'From the ground, rise up! The castle of Team Plasma! Surround the Pokemon League!' Are these your words?"

"More or less."

"Did you then intend the castle to appear, severely damaging the League?"

"No reasonable person can expect a castle to appear when asked, no more than you could expect a pokemon to answer a question." N shrugged. "I didn't do it. Truly. What a strange, unproveable coincidence."

---

next prompt: music prompt??
* doesn't have to be about zinnia, or ORAS, or dragons, or anything related to when that song plays in the games; I just think the violins slap

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Prompt: Zinnia's Theme
==============
Every world had a Voice of Life. A being that was the embodiment of life as much as Xerneas, a soul made from bits of every other soul, the planet itself given a voice.

In one world, the world of only Pokemon, the Voice was a Hydreigon, summoning humans to combat the Bittercold. But what of the world of humans?

Some say that the Voice was Zygarde, the embodiment of balance. Some say it was the young green-haired man whon could understand Pokemon.

One Magma grunt, with a Whismur she summoned herself, knew otherwise.

The Voice departed, to find Rayquaza.
==============
Prompt: Tree of Life

Last edited:

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: Tree of Life

A miles-long line of Pokemon stretched from the Tree of Life. Xerneas antler-poked the Corphish at the front, immediately evolving him into a Crawdaunt.

"Thank you, lord Xerneas! I've been waiting all my-"

"NEXT!" Xerneas shouted, shoving him aside.

Magearna strolled over. "Great news! I've got a plan to end these long lines!"

"Really?" Xerneas perked up.

"My railgun will fling a stream of Pokemon directly into your antlers, which will-"

"Alright, SCREW THIS!" Xerneas bellowed. "Violence! Everyone evolves via violence now!"

Stunned silence reigned. A moment later, an optimistic Emolga bit a Mankey on the ankle. The fight began.

Next Prompt: The Cake Was A Lie

Captainnemo

just a small ant on a highway
Pronouns
her/hers
Prompt: The Cake Was A Lie

"Okay I have the SS Anne Ticket and I traded two Pokemons which know the moves surf and strenght into my copy of Pokemon Blue.
Now I just have to go to the Vermillion Harbor use strenght on the mysterious truck and I finally have a Mew."

"Bro it's not going to work."

"It will!! The guy in the chatroom assured me that if I follow the instructions Mew will appear."

"It's a mythos."

We will see who's right. I just use strenght on this truck and Mew will.... Why doesn't it work!?"

"Told you the cake is a lie."

"My whole effort in vain..."

Next Prompt: Cat And Mouse

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Prompt: Cat and Mouse
==============
The Delcatty dashed through the dungeon corridors, desperate to escape their Raichu pursuer.

They saw the electric mouse emerge from one of the walls, courtesy of the yellow and blue scarf they wore. Why did they ever think throwing the mobile scarf was a good idea?

In desperation, they dug into their bag, and ate the warp seed within. They teleported to another room, but they could already hear the crackling of electricity.

They tried to run, but they couldn't. They felt so exhausted...so thirsty, so hungry...

It was a game of cat and mouse, and the mouse was winning.
==============
Prompt: Harmony Scarves

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: Harmony Scarves

"Hey, remember that time in Purifying Cave when my Harmony Scarf glowed and merged with Mew, and then you popped out of Mew's body?" Froakie asked.

"Yeah, that was pretty wild," said Chespin.

"Hi guys! Wanna see a magic trick?" Fennekin said, approaching the duo.

"Sure!"

"Alright! Hey Froakie, there's something in your ear. It's... a coin!" Fennekin announced, producing a golden Poké.

"Nice!" Chespin said.

Fennekin grinned. "Thanks! And, hey, there's something in your ear too! It's..."

Froakie's eyes widened. "Wait, don't-"

"... a scarf!" Fennekin said, yanking it from Chespin's ear. The grass-type fell to the ground, dead.

Next Prompt: "What have you done!?"

Captainnemo

Pronouns
her/hers
Prompt: "What have you done!?"

As I opened the front door, my nose was assaulted with the smell of something burning.

"Not again," I sighed and ran toward the kitchen.

Through the smoke I could see Clefairy and a burning pan on the stove. My eyes began to sting and I started to cough.

"Clefairy, what have you done again!?"

Quick I put the lid on the pan to extinguish the flames.

"Why are you always trying to burn the kitchen??" I asked and opened the windows.
The pink Pokémon titled his head and looked at me with innocent eyes. I rolled my eyes and hugged him.

"I just can't be mad at you."

Next prompt: A good bargain

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: A good bargain

"Let me get this straight," Mareep said, "if I join up with you, you'll give me food, shelter, and companionship, and in exchange-"

"I use you as a shield to block assault-rifle fire!" Mary said.

"Um, yeah, no."

"Okay, what if I employed you in a sweatshop to manufacture assault rifles 24/7 instead?" Mary asked.

"Super-no!"

"Alright, how about if I chuck you into lakes and you electro-kill all the fish for me?"

"What is wrong with you!?" Mareep asked. "Make a normal offer!"

"Well, there is one other way you could be useful..."

Dinner was mutton that night.

Next Prompt: This isn't even my final form

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
prompt: this isn't even my final form

{Now you'll see the true power of a pokemon who loves their human!} Charizard shouted triumphantly.

Blastoise rolled her eyes. All pokemon loved all humans. That was the point. But today Charizard clearly needed to be as shonen as possible.

{For my friends! Mega Gigantamax Plus Ultra Evolution Z Squared!} Charizard began moving in a way that could loosely be described as dancing. Behind him, Red appeared to be brandishing an oversized, beaten dead horse, presumably for the Plus Ultra.

{And now! Together as one! We started out small, long ago—}

Blastoise sighed and waited patiently for the knockout.

next prompt: pokemon legends

Last edited:

Captainnemo

Pronouns
her/hers
Prompt: Pokemon legends

Rayquaza is floating. Weightless, numb, rigid, lonely. The heavenly being hovered high in the sky, where no Pokémon and no human would ever see it. It watches over the world and only intervened when its power is needed. Memories of the relentless battle between land and water flood through its mind, recalling the fateful day it put Kyogre and Groudon into a deep neverending sleep. Since then it had become quiet. Rayquaza rules the sky, but its realm is empty and insignificant. It had already stopped counting hundreds, even millions, of years. Because where there is nothing, time stands still.

Next prompt: The power of evolution

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Prompt: the power of evolution

They were made anew. Bigger. Bolder. Stronger.

Graveler flexed their arms (all four of them!) in wonder. This new form was better than their previous one in every way. And…they had legs now! Powerful, indestructible legs that would carry them great distances!

Graveler proudly marched forward with a newfound swagger. Nothing would stop them now! They would rule this side of the mountain, no one would ever dare challenge them, they were the ultimate—

Smack.

New legs fumbled over each other and Graveler found themself face-planted in the dirt.

Perhaps, they mused, they should master the art of walking first.

Next prompt: “You were saying?”

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: "You were saying?"

"Say, Oranguru, what do you think of Zoroark?" Toxtricity asked. Beside him, Sawk and Miltank paused their conversation, turning intently towards Oranguru.

"Zoroark? Bah! Nasty, deceitful beasts, the whole lot of 'em! Wouldn't trust one further than I could swing on a daisy chain! In fact, I'd even say that the only good Zoroark is a dead Zoro... ar..." Oranguru trailed off as one by one, the three Pokemon surrounding him dropped their disguises to reveal three snarling Zoroark.

"You were saying?" 'Toxtricity' prompted.

"Uh... because living Zoroark aren't just good - they're great! Right, guys? ...righ- AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH! NOT THE FACE!"

Next Prompt: Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I am incomplete, without a piece of myself.

My world crumbles, I cannot hold it together alone.

Amidst the ruins, I have one hope, one chance to be complete again.

A thing called Cosmog. The key to recovering what I have lost.

Only, my hope has been stolen. A twisted creature with the face of someone I thought I could trust has stolen my hope away.

I will not let this stand. I will not let go of my hope. I will retrieve it, no matter the cost.

I am coming, my love. I promise we will be together again.

Next Prompt: The End

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: Never Stop

A Quaxly stood before a contraption bristling with gears, flywheels, magnets, and sundry other mechanical devices. His wings trembled as he reached out and threw a switch on the device. And then... absolutely nothing happened.

"Yes! YES!" he cackled. "I've done it! I've created the world's first limited motion machine! Take THAT, Eighteenth Law of Pokédynamics! They didn't even care enough to laugh at me, but who's not laughing now, huh? Who's not-"

With a loud popping sound, two of the machine's gears spontaneously transformed into a Klink, which began to spin. The whole machine sprung into motion.

"No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Next Prompt: A Lesson Is Learned, But The Damage Is Irreversible

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Torchic, your drabble was gorgeous and inspiring. So good.

Your prompt song was fun to listen to on loop as I wrote this drabble. I hung onto certain lyrics/feelings in the song, like:

Electricity cracked through smog. The smell of rotting flesh seared Bill’s throat.

The harpooning thunderbolt burned blue, not yellow. Nitrogen comprised Earth’s air; charged nitrogen glowed blue. Blue, the color of the most torrid and ardent star.

Magneton hurtled an electrical field to protect Bill. But they could not reach Surge.

Surge fell. Ions shrieking around his body. Blue, the deadliest light.

Would he ever again see the sun-pink ocean? Back when it was blushing more brilliantly than ever. When Surge was framed by foam, a spray of sweat arching from skin after working for days on the Cottage repairs.

Next prompt:
common wildflowers, invasive wildflowers, weeds

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Prompt: common wildflowers, invasive wildflowers, weeds

Zacian trekked through Eternal Meadow, gazing upon her work. A vast meadow of flowers as far as the eye could see, the beauty of nature in floral form.

Looking at one of the Eternal Blooms, she saw a Petrify Bush choking it, the massive flower's petals wilting to feed the purple vines. Unfortunate, but fixable with a quick cut.

It was a simple matter of removing a weed. Zacian slashed her sword precisely, severing the parasitic vine without harming the Eternal Bloom.

She had put down her sword long ago, but even now, sometimes, she still found use for it.

Next Prompt: Shadow Tera Type

Top Bottom