• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Drabble Tag!

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Prompt: Shadow Tera Type

"But you just said 'your character can have any tera type'!" Tornadus protested.

"Even actual shadow Pokemon aren't 'shadow-type'; they just use shadow moves, which are technically typeless!" Mew snapped, hovering above her GM screen.

"But it's super important to my character's backstory! I wrote three entire paragraphs for that!"

Meloetta rolled her eyes. "C'mon, you just want to deal super-effective damage to everyone with Tera Blast."

"It wouldn't be to everyone; just to anyone who was dumb enough to not also pick shadow as their tera type!"

"Oooh, oooh! Can I have glitch tera type?" Thundurus asked. Mew groaned.

Next Prompt: But they were all of them deceived, for another Ball was made

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Prompt: But they were all of them deceived, for another Ball was made.

It had to be the most pointless feature in existence.

Wes rubbed his temples as Rui, eyes bright with delight, threw out Neo’s pokeball for the tenth time. The Espeon emerged in a shower of gold sparkles and glitter, yowling triumphantly. But the worst part of all was the sound effect that accompanied the ball opening—like a shrill, dying firework.

FWEEEEE.

Ball capsules. Wes already hated whoever came up with the idea.

“Please stop, I’m getting a headache,” he groaned.

Rui laughed. “All right, all right, we’re done.” She returned a dejected-looking Neo.

But Neo had other ideas.

FWEEEEE.

Gods-dammit.

Next prompt: All is fair in love and war

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Prompt: All is fair in love and war

He didn't want to believe it.

He'd been certain it was just the effect of his Envy, but as always, his Envy was never misplaced.

His heart twisted into a sickening knot as he watched that silver-headed attention whore lay a kiss down onto her perfect lips; his lips. She hugged him like she never wanted him to pull back.

It was there he declared war. He wanted him dead.

If that vile man was dead, then she'd have no choice but to be his and his alone. To love him alone.

Because all was fair in love and war.

Next Prompt: Mew has fleas

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
It was a pillar of lightning like an elder sequoyah. I clung to Noivern's scruff as he tucked out of the way—barely. My labcoat's flapping was deafening.

"What the fuck is this thing?" Valerie called to me from the back of her togekiss.

One answer: a joltik with eyes like quadruple sapphire moons and tarsi that could wear F-150s like roller skates.

But that much seemed plain enough to see.

"They say drinking the blood of a god grants great power," I shouted instead.

"Yeah?"

"Well, a certain research subject might've breached containment to frolic in the long grass..."

Mew has fleas
Next prompt: phantom pains

Last edited:

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
phantom pains
-
There's a void in Altomare that never stands still. It has Latias's shape and voice.

The void's never where she expects it. It does not live in a nest that has space enough for two. It does not echo her keen across the waves. It does not, in fact, do anything at all, except vanish when she turns for it.

She had a symmetry to her, once, like a reflection in quiet water. But the ocean they quelled only fragments endlessly on the shore, nothing but foam.

So she roams. In Hoenn's vastness there's something, someone, somewhere. There must be.

-

next prompt: that trope you've always wanted to do

Last edited:

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: That Trope You’ve Always Wanted To Do

All it takes is one touch for the disguise she’s so carefully crafted, worn like a second skin for so many years, to melt away and reveal the geist underneath. Red pupils shrink to pinpricks, and wafting tendrils of hair curl and unfurl like smoke. There’s no mistaking what she is, and Cynthia’s eyes flash dangerously with recognition. The baneful fox. Zoroark.
Her claws meet stone as she backs up against the wall. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run— unless—

“Luculia, wait!“

The wall gives way to her incorporeal body, and Cynthia can only grasp at the shadow left behind.

Next Prompt: Harvest Festival

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
Prompt: Harvest Festival

Hilbert and Hilda walked through the festival, holding hands as they both looked around. Countless vendors lined the streets, their merchandise varying from soft Mareep wool to hearty carrots grown straight in Mistralton's greenhouses.
Loose leaves crunched with each footstep, blowing with the cool wind. The pair of trainers stopped in their tracks, distracted from the sweet warm smell of apple cider. They stopped at one of the booths, ordering a bag of apple cider donuts.

While trainers continued celebrating, a wild Sawsbuck watched from the woods. Loose leaves fell from its antlers as the season Pokémon sniffed the air.

Next Prompt: Stuffed toys

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Stuffed Toys

"Mom always says good food doesn't grow on trees," Xiuxiu said through a full mouth she padded along. "This place is gonna blow her mind."

"Doesn't it seem... too convenient?" I asked. "Like... maybe it's a trap or something."

"Oh, please," Xiuxiu said. "Don't be paranoid. Someone's growing a whole orchard as a trap. Pffft. As if—"

The conversation was killed by a sound like a volcano erupting; the bush just next to us exploded.

"Get outta my cotton fields, ya damn stuffuls!" a human voice called after us as we fled. "I'll shoot ya dead if ya come back!"

next prompt: the mon who sold the world

Last edited:

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
>looking for a new ancient forgotten deity to pact with in hopes of gaining ultimate power
>find giant ghost centipede with grudge against Arceus called Giratina
>Giratina says I can have the 'Distortion World' if I help him conquer the 'Matter World'
>ask if the Distortion World is a normal world or a non-euclidean nightmare dimension
>they don't understand
>pull out illustrated diagrams explaining the difference between normal worlds and non-euclidean nightmare dimensions
>Giratina laughs and says "it's a good world, sir"
>sign an irreversible blood pact with Giratina
>they show me the Distortion World
>it's a non-euclidean nightmare dimension

Next prompt: I name thee "Annihilator"!

Top Bottom