• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Dorm Hall - 3rd Floor

Night 2 - Coleane and Gen - The Rapping Demon Next Door

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen couldn't sleep.

His ears were really good now. Annoyingly good. Extremely sensitive, enough to hear loud and clear what would have been very faint noises to him as a human.

Like the sounds of what sounded like an eldritch horror rapping in the next dorm over.

He flattened his ears against his head, whimpering as he clutched tightly onto the plush Mareep he had gotten from the Skill Swap shop. If he hugged it tight enough, it felt like he was back home in Goldenrod.

"Can't sleep?" Coleane asked, looking up from her conversation with Ta Writeer to share a concerned look with her Oshawott partner.

"No...my ears are so s-sensitive now, and...what is even h-happening next door?!" Gen asked, gazing at the wall, where he heard the words "stupid hoe" on repeat. It was so grating on him, it made him want to scream.

"Huh! I can't hear anything!" Coleane said, looking at the wall. "That's really cool!"

"It's more l-like a curse," Gen grumbled, flicking his tail. "I d-don't want anything to d-do with it. I want my human ears b-back."

"Oh..." Coleane said, looking down. "Well...I'm sure you'll get them back eventually!"

"Thanks, Coleane," Gen said, a tiny smile appearing on his face.

<><><><><>​

Last edited:
Night 2 - Coleane - Written in Aether

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Journer
Resting at a Pokemon Center...

Gilded Gaggle of Goofs

#serious
Ta Writeer: https://www.shoutotnews.com/hoenn/groups/new-aether-foundation-site-in-hoenn

Ta Writeer: @wingsofachampion you should probably see this

Sad Snom: Oh dear.

wingsofachampion: oh no.

wingsofachampion: they're still after me? what do they even want with me?

Ta Writeer: probably want to "conserve" you

Ta Writeer: ive heard some wacky stuff about them

Ta Writeer: and my research has turned up all sorts of shady things

Ta Writeer: me and tapestry had a convo in dms about some of it

Ta Writeer: suffice to say hes livid at them

Delino: Jeez.

Delino: Guess all that stuff about conservation really was all just a cover.

Delino: And they're still at this, after you did that with with the whatever seed?

wingsofachampion: blast seed!

Tapestry: Oh, can they just fuck off already?

Tapestry: I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

wingsofachampion: at least me and gen are safe on this island.

wingsofachampion: though there was that one person who said he wanted to kill all humans and really scared gen.

wingsofachampion: hope my team will be ok though.

Delino: Hold on, one person who said what?!

wingsofachampion: yepperdoodles. really weird, but was nice to us.

Ta Writeer: thats really weird

MonDegreen: Yeppers. Glad they're at least nice to ya!

Delino: I want to go to this island myself. See what kinds of insane happenings are going on.

wingsofachampion: maybe you can after the festival! ill ask xenide.

Delino: Appreciated, but I doubt that'll work out.

wingsofachampion: there were also real heroes there.

wingsofachampion: i wish i could be like them.

wingsofachampion: i wanna save the world!

MonDegreen: Hey! You're a hero to me! You've let me be friends with a real Pokemon!

MonDegreen: :hug:

Sad Snom: What do you mean by "real heroes"?

wingsofachampion: said they were recruited to save the world.

Delino: Huh.

Delino: What's the world even in danger from? You're the biggest news the world's had since Team Rocket.

wingsofachampion: don't know.

Ta Writeer: maybe theyre just lying?

wingsofachampion: don't know.

Sad Snom: Whatever is the case, we're here for you, Wings.

Delino: Ye! We're all here to help!

MonDegreen: Yeppers!

Ta Writeer: im gonna do more research to try to figure out whats going on with aether. hope itll help some

Tapestry: And so will I. You stay safe out there, alright?

wingsofachampion: thanks, friends.
<><><><><>​

Last edited:
Night 2 - ??

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
At some point during the night, a note is slipped under the door...

And lo, behold when Solgaleo carries the sun to its highest place
Then take shelter behind the Dauntless Shield
And take care to keep this secret
Breathe not a word, no not to a soul

What a strange note! Is it nonsense? Or could it be a code of some kind...?

Last edited:
D2: Wes & Nate, snooping in the hallwayyyy, five feet apart cuz they’re not gay 🎶 (part two!)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
[[ Continuing from first floor. ]]

Mightyena let the eevees' trainer scratch behind her ear for a few seconds, then gave his hand a quick swipe with her tongue. She moved over to Nate next, nudging his hand with her nose so he reached down to rub the side of her jaw. Mightyena looked back at the eeveelutions and tried a friendly wag. "I guess your human likes to battle a lot, huh?" she asked. "Mine gets into fights all the time. He's always getting into trouble."

Well, Nate still wasn't entirely sure what all that had been about, but hopefully that was the end of it. What the hell was happening out in Orre, anyhow? He almost wanted to ask more, but on top of that obviously being a super fucking bad idea... other worlds, right? Maybe. It might not be relevant anyhow.

He nodded to Wes. "Sounds good to me. I think the door's on you, though. I ain't got anything on me that'll do for that lock."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Mightyena looked back at the eeveelutions and tried a friendly wag. "I guess your human likes to battle a lot, huh?" she asked. "Mine gets into fights all the time. He's always getting into trouble."
Neo’s eyes lit up and he raised his tail excitedly. “He battles lots! Almost as much as us!”

Novo chuffed and spoke in a low growl. “He picks too many battles that he shouldn’t.”
He nodded to Wes. "Sounds good to me. I think the door's on you, though. I ain't got anything on me that'll do for that lock."
Wes grinned. “Don’t mind if I do.”

He made quick work of the lock and pushed the door open. @Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Reena's room was much like the other third floor rooms, the notable difference being hers had plenty of blankets and pillows and an extra-large bed. Judging by the Drampa fur on it, it seemed she was used to sharing a bed with him. Despite the short time frame, it seemed as if Reena had made herself right at home. Her clothes had been neatly hung in the closet and she'd set out some snacks on a countertop. A picture frame sat on the nightstand featuring her and Drampa on a beach in Alola, building a sandcastle. Various plushies of pokemon were scattered on the bed and a few on the floor.

Everything in the room seemed normal. Given that she seemed to be from Alola, perhaps she'd gone down to the beach simply to sightsee and enjoy the sand.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
It sure looked cozy in here. Wes hadn’t ever interacted with Reena, but the contents of the room spoke of a soft and kind person. For some reason, he found himself wondering if she and Rui would have become friends.

He shook his head and began rifling through the nightstand. Neo and Novo, in no need of a command, began sniffing about the room.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Mightyena laughed at Novo's comment. "I know! And mine wants to fight humans he can't beat all the time. I can't believe how he..."

She trailed off when Wes opened the door to Reena's room, revealing a cozy, well-lived-in-room. Mightyena started forward immediately, peering around corners and sniffing hopefully, but of course there was no one there. For a moment she paused and rested her chin on the drampa hair-covered bed, staring morosely at a discarded plush.

"Hey, come on," Nate said, giving her a brief scratch on the back of the neck. "Let's see if we can find something in here that'll help them, okay?"

Mightyena let out a gruff snort and stepped back from the bed, then started sniffing around at the floor, moving with grim purpose.

Nothing seemed obviously out of place. Nate poked around industriously, looking especially for anything that might speak to Reena's trip here so far: a camera or a journal or even some old receipts or other papers.

[[ @Flyg0n Foresight ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Despite the best attempts at probing, it doesn't seem like there's much more to learn. A fresh journal, seemingly bought for the trip and with one page about Reena's excitement for the trip. A few snacks from the shop, and another picture of Drampa and her. Everything seemed perfectly ordinary.

Nate used Foresight! Nothing seems out of the ordinary!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
After a few minutes of combing through the place, Nate closed yet another empty drawer and sighed, running a hand over his head. "Find anything over there?" he asked Wes. "We've got nothing."

Mightyena whined and brushed against his side as she went past. She picked up an axew plush that had been knocked to the floor and replaced it on the bed with the rest.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
After a few minutes of combing through the place, Nate closed yet another empty drawer and sighed, running a hand over his head. "Find anything over there?" he asked Wes. "We've got nothing."

Mightyena whined and brushed against his side as she went past. She picked up an axew plush that had been knocked to the floor and replaced it on the bed with the rest.
Wes huffed in frustration. “No. Nothing. I guess we weren’t likely to find much here, since this isn’t where they were abducted.” Still, he’d hoped for at least something.

Novo padded over to Mightyena and lightly rubbed up against her side, giving her a small reassuring purr. Neo sat on his haunches with a defeated sigh.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah. Might've been an impulse thing, whoever it was just saw Reena and Drampa out there and decided to grab them. But the scizor guy, that had to be planned." Nate shook his head and sighed again. "Good to know we ain't even safe in our room at night and some dick with a grudge could just teleport in and grab us at any fucking moment." A place this fancy, he definitely would have expected the place to have teleport blockers installed. Incompetence, or was this coming from one of the higher-ups?

Looking around at the hotel room with its smiling pictures and carefully-arranged plushies, little-kid shit scattered haphazardly around, Nate couldn't feel anything but... tired. Empty. Right now, all of a sudden, he really wanted to be fucking gone. "Guess we might as well head out," he said. "I could use a fucking drink."

Mightyena gave Novo an appreciative nudge with her nose. "Thank you," she said. "Good luck taking care of your trainer. I can tell you're both strong. But I don't know... how any of us is supposed to stop something like this."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Yeah. Might've been an impulse thing, whoever it was just saw Reena and Drampa out there and decided to grab them. But the scizor guy, that had to be planned." Nate shook his head and sighed again.
Wes shook his head. “Something tells me that none of these disappearances have been an impulse thing. There’s a reason for them, I think. Just wish I knew what that reason was.” And if we should be searching for living victims or…not. He figured he’d keep that last thought to himself.
Right now, all of a sudden, he really wanted to be fucking gone. "Guess we might as well head out," he said. "I could use a fucking drink."
The heaviness of the situation was affecting him too, it seemed. Wes nodded wearily. “You know. I might take you up on that offer earlier.” Anything to take his mind off of things for a little while.
Mightyena gave Novo an appreciative nudge with her nose. "Thank you," she said. "Good luck taking care of your trainer. I can tell you're both strong. But I don't know... how any of us is supposed to stop something like this."
Neo brightened, recovering quickly from his earlier disappointment. “We can take them! We are strong!”

Novo twitched his ears at his brother. He wasn’t so convinced, but decided to humor him for now. “They’ll regret messing with us if they try.”

And with that, they made their way out of the room.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

Night 3 - Coleane and Gen - Humans, Heroes, and Heartbreak

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen waddled into his and Coleane's dorm, smiling brightly. He had a new uncle now! He had family with him now!

"Coleane! I—" Gen said, before abruptly stopping, as he saw the state his trainer was in.

She was curled up on the floor, tears streaming out of her eyes. Her phone was on the ground, off. And a human plushie was held tightly in her wings, as if she was desperately holding onto it.

"...Coleane?" Gen asked, waddling over with a concerned look on his face. "Wh-what's wrong?"

"...I found out that bad humans exist," Coleane whimpered, holding the human plushie tighter.

"...oh."

Gen knew how much Coleane looked up to humans. She was always raving on about them to him, telling him about how cool they were and how cool he was for being one. Gen...he definitely preferred being human to being a Pokemon, so he could see the appeal. But he didn't want to be treated as being special for it.

But seeing her like this...

Gen waddled over towards the Tropius, and snuggled against her neck, putting his arms around her in a hug. "...i-it's ok. Just...because there's some b-bad humans, doesn't mean there's v-very many bad ones."

"...really?" Coleane asked, the tears slowing a bit.

"...yeah. There's...definitely some bad humans. Like Giovanni, and Lance, and...a few more. But...they're rare. Most humans are good," Gen said, holding onto his friend. "Like me, Wallace, Odette, Jade, your friends...lots of good humans."

"...ok. Thanks, Gen," Coleane said, a tiny smile appearing on her snout.

N2: Odette Calls Her Brother, Who Is Equally As Not Sleepy(TM)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette twirled her empty glock around her index finger, staring up at the skylight mindlessly as her ears fixed on Enora lightly snoring next to her. She found that no matter how much she tried, she couldn't fall asleep. Whether it was from the events of the day, or the talk she had with Steven, or the light squeak of the perch Odile was swinging on as she downed a bag of saltwater taffy, it was hard to tell. Sometimes she really hated being such a light sleeper.

Maybe, subconsciously, she was nervous. She'd brought the stupid gun along with no real intention of ever having to take it out, and yet here she was. Feeling like she might actually need it. If there was a chance other trainers had been taken out of their rooms, who's to say any of them were safe...

Of course, that was why Odile planned to stay up all night. The 'mon didn't need to sleep much anyway, and she was dead set on playing guard. A psychic type would be a walk in the park for her, so she didn't appear phased by the idea in the slightest. It allowed Enora to breathe a sigh of relief, because as much as she had initially wanted to contribute to the watch, she wasn't an Eon cut out for staying up much past midnight. She was out like a light before the clock even struck 1am.

Odette had wished she could have done the same. Sleep might have saved her from her full head. Or, perhaps not. Night terrors were still a thing.

Was she just fucked? Probably.

She caught the gun in her palm and thumbed the trigger. The cartridge for it lay just within arms reach on her night stand, so worst case scenario, she could just reach over and load up. With two very powerful Pokemon surrounding her, she probably wouldn't need to even if a threat did arrive. But, she'd learned the hard way that it was often better safe than sorry.

She groaned. "Fuck me," she said in an almost inaudible whisper.

A full mind didn't make for good sleep. She felt like she needed to drain it out somehow. However, Odette didn't want to rouse Enora, and Odile had talked enough about her feelings today. Clovis and Guzma were most likely sleeping by now, and they were worried about her as it was. She couldn't call any of her 'mon without waking them either, and she didn't want to send Loic on a frenzy.

Noel, maybe? His sleep schedule was a little harder to follow nowadays, so she wasn't sure. Acadia would have been a good choice, but she was never in bed later than 10pm. If Noemie wasn't sleeping, she was out partying. Basille was dealing with choreographing a tour right now, and Claude was like her--not one for the feeling discussion. He'd surely listen, but she didn't want to put him through that right now, no matter how much he insisted. She was in a weird mood as it was, and didn't want to make herself feel worse.

Hau was either sleeping or high off his ass, and neither were good prospects for having a meaningful conversation. Plumeria was also undoubtedly asleep, and Gladion...should be sleeping. Lillie was automatically out. Bless her soul, but she'd pop if she heard even an inkling of the shit going on inside Odette's head.

Vienna and Bernard were options. But they were also very worried about her going on this trip; more than Clovis and Guzma had been. She didn't want to stir that. Marieanne might have been able to keep cool, but she needed her beauty rest...

This would have been so much easier if she didn't care about anybody's sleep, good gods.

Then, she made it to the last name on her roster, and she immediately wondered why she didn't think of him first.

She reached over to the night stand and grabbed her phone, flicking through her passcode and pulling up her messages. She navigated to his name, high up on her list.

Armel.

Are you awake?

His response came mere minutes later.

Mmhm. Call me.

It was nice having a sibling; one who didn't ask any questions. He picked up on the first ring.

"You know, Peach, you really shouldn't be up this late," Armel said in a mockingly stern voice.

"Speak for yourself, Apple."

"How's your trip?" he asked. "Does it look just like Alola, like I swore it would?"

Odette rolled her eyes. "No, I actually think it's nicer." In some ways. Not all.

She heard him chuckle, and it sounded like he turned the page of something. "How do you feel? Have you had to partake in any battles yet?"

She pursed her lips as she adjusted her blanket. "One. But with Enora. I haven't had a desire to power Odile up just yet."

"Mm, that's good. You're best to conserve your energy, anyway," he said reassuringly. "But I assume that's not why you wanted to talk."

She exhaled slowly through her teeth. Where could she even start?

"Feeling reminiscent. Mind full."

Armel was silent for a while. No page turning, nothing rustling. Eventually, though, he sighed.

"If I'm being honest, I've found myself in the same boat," he said. "You know how spotty my memory tends to be, and yet...those bits and pieces come around at the worst times."

She nodded hard. She knew he couldn't see it, but she didn't care. "Truly."

Another sigh from him. "Well, we can sit on the line and be uncomfortable together, or I can indulge you in a long and very drawn out dissertation about how much I hate these new sketching pencils I just got."

It took a second, but Odette soon chuckled. "Are you going to remember a whole dissertation?"

"Peach, I might be the amnesiac of our duo, but rest assured that things do stick."

Odette chuckled once more and settled back into her pillow, suddenly feeling a little less alone. "I'll let you talk my ear off about pencils if you let me explain the difference between contemporary and jazz dance for you again."

Last edited:
Night 3 - The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb could not sleep that night. He tried to relax by sitting on the bed while watching some Pokémon battles on TV, but the disappearances and everything that was said about them plagued his mind. How was he going to enjoy the vacation now? What if he was next for kidnapping? What if he wasn't able to contact Mom? Would Zack and Jack be able to save him if he went missing?

Meanwhile, standing on the bathroom sink in front of the mirror, Zack was adjusting the feathers of his crest. He pulled two of them down, having them resemble bangs over his eyes. He moved his head lightly side-to-side, letting them sway with his movements. "Hmmm... Maybe just one?" He pulled one of the feather bangs back up, keeping one over his right eye. "Yeah, they'll love this. 'Sides, it's not blindin', so it's a bonus." He moved a wing through his crest and pointed a feather at his reflection as he smiled. "You're still beautiful."

There was the sound of fluttering outside, and the Pidgeotto went to see. Jack flew into the room from the balcony outside, landing smoothly on his nest bed.

"Jack-o, my man!" Zack waved a wing to his friend. "Been doin' more detective work?" He laughed. "No, really, what were ya doin' out there by yerself?"

The Farfetch'd remained silent for a moment. All the stress of the day was catching up to him, so he had to stay calm. "Yeah, I looked around some more."

"Any news about the Drampa and his human?"

"Everyone has their own hypotheses about that. Apparently a yellow psychic was involved in this."

Zack gasped in shock. "Alakazam?"

Jack shook his head. "I doubt it." He looked up in thought. "Then again, his Trainer gives me bad vibes..."

"Was it that lady's Hypno? The one with the portal ring?"

"Nothing's been confirmed nor denied yet."

"Was it a Xatu?" Zack pointed a feather finger at Jack. "That feather has to be an answer!" He looked down in embarrassment. "No, wait, those aren't yellow."

Jack sighed, exasperated. "Nothing here makes sense. Maybe we should just wait for the police to give us leads."

"WHAT!?" Zack screeched in shock, startling both Jack and Seb, the latter turning his attention to the Pidgeotto. "You trust the police to do this!?"

"Zack, they're trying to find the culprit here," the Farfetch'd responded with insistence. "All we can do is help them find any evidence that might pop up."

"No!" Zack swung a wing to the side, glaring. "Have you seen how useless the police can be? They couldn't even stop Team Rocket!"

"That was because they were well-hidden," Jack argued back.

"Yeah! That's why I'm not gonna help the dumbest and weakest people ever! If a fight breaks out here, they're gonna be the first to fall! Let a hero do it! Let me take the villain down!"

"Zack, we don't know who or what we're up against. If you keep being reckless, you'll go down alone."

"Well, if I go down, I still wanna make a big impact before that happens." Zack crossed his wings over his chest. "Let them remember my sacrifice."

"Don't be stupid, Zack," Jack muttered, holding his head into his wings. "What would happen if we lost you? What would Seb do?" He started to tremble a bit as he his some tears behind his wings. "What would I do without you?"

"You can stay with your dumb police force after I'm gone. For all I know, you're as weak and useless as them."

Jack stayed silent at that moment. There was nothing he could have said to make Zack stop. Nothing he said made him realize his wrongness. The Farfetch’d just shook and cried silently. He didn’t need to be mocked for crying. Nor did he have to say anything else to make things worse

“You know what I said is right, right?” Zack averted his gaze. “Yeah, suck it up and cope with—” The Pidgeotto noticed his Trainer at the edge of his vision. He stopped himself when he saw his expression.

Seb was not glaring with a stern gaze, nor did he look disappointed. His head was lowered slightly, and there was fear on his face. He did not understand what his birds said, but judging from the volume of their quacks and warbles and their body language, he assumed they had a heated argument. Infighting. He knew it when he saw it.

Why did it have to happen at night? Why when he was worrying about his safety and everyone else’s? He didn’t need this.

“Oh… crap…” Zack’s wings went limp as he stared in horror. “Seb, I’m so sorr—”

“Quiet,” Seb muttered loud enough.

The Pidgeotto was at a loss for words. Did he actually hurt Seb? He actually hurt his friends?

“I don’t wanna scream. You screamed enough. I-I don’t want anymore of t-that.” Seb slowly raised his hand, pointing at Jack. “Whatever you said t-to Jack, please, take i-it back… and s-say sorry.”

Zack looked back-and-forth between the bed and the tree. Sorry for what? For being right? For so long, the news always displayed ten-year-olds saving the world from rampaging Legends and evil teams whilst the police were shoved into the background and acted as janitors after everything was done. A real hero would go directly to the fight instead of wasting time asking for the police to help—or even worse, join them. And with all the disappearances happening and all the clue-searching, it was starting to feel like a waste of time.

But he counted on Seb to help him be the hero the world needed…

For a moment, he considered flying away. But he wouldn’t be able to save his friends if he wasn’t with them. Seb was his first friend ever since he arrived at Kalos after his home was taken over. He owed this human everything for being let into the team. It didn’t feel right repaying him with an ungrateful abandonment.

For a brief moment, he wanted to slap Jack in the face for ever suggesting that the police could do something. But his Jack-o was his guide in life. As much as he wanted to keep arguing, part of him felt like he’d be going in circles if he did. He wasn’t the smartest, and that was why he also counted on this Farfetch’d to help him, even if he didn’t always listen.

Zack fell to his knees, feeling defeated. He moved a trembling wing over his face, feeling despair fill his will.

“I-I-I-I-I… j-j-just… I just…”

He took a sharp breath. His throat became strained.

“I just wanna be a hero… What should I do now?”

“Just… listen…” Jack managed to mutter despite his soft sobbing. “Apologize… Make it right.”

“Oh… Right… I have to…” Zack mumbled. His mind remembered the faces of the ones he annoyed on the ship. That beautiful shiny Sylveon… The wrathful empress… Her demonic clone… “I… I’m such a disgrace, aren’t I?”

The Pidgeotto laid on his back with a wing grasping his head. His soft cries were a mix of sobs and laughter. He was lost in denial and regret.

“How will I make it up to everyone now? …Ahahaha…”

Jack sniffed and swept away his tears, regaining his composure. He looked at Zack with a stern expression. “Who are you talking about?”

“The lady… and that villain… Ah, no, she’s not the baddy here… Uhuh…”

“Oh, them. They’ll definitely try to kill us on sight. Maybe the Sylveon will be willing to listen to your apology?”

“Yeah… Alm-most forgot… S-Sorry, guys…”

“I’m sorry, too.”

Zack eventually calmed down and gave a long, final sigh. “I feel good. Weird…”

“We’ll be better in the morning,” Jack replied.

“I still won’t be helpin’ the cops… But I’ll still help with the detective work.”

“Thank you.”

“I’m glad we were able to let it out tonight,” Seb whispered as he laid down on the bed. He closed his eyes. “Good night, boys. Tomorrow should be better.”

“Hopefully,” Jack muttered. “Good night, then.” He laid on his nest bed, starting to sleep.

“G’night,” Zack whispered, feeling exhausted after having cried for so long. “So… It all takes not helpin’ for the bad guys to win, eh? …Well… Will a big ‘Sorry’ to y’all be enough help?”

Night 3 - Gen - A Note

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hello.

If you're reading this, I was the next one taken. I don't know if I've been kidnapped, or worse.

My name is Gen Taranz. I live in Goldenrod City in Johto in my world. I have a mom and dad and little brother and now an uncle too. If you can get to my world, please tell them I'm sorry, and that I love them with all my heart.

And...if you can somehow rescue me and Coleane...thank you.

Gen stared at the note he wrote for a few seconds, before laying it words-down on the floor, and waddling to his bed.

It's Still Night 3 For Ayumi Because I Said So and I'm Overdue For a Scene So Nyeeeeh

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
The dorms were quiet. So blessedly quiet.

In the corner of the lofty room, Vera was out like a light. Curled protectively around her, like a persian, was a large gengar with a yellow ribbon tied around its right ear. Not far from them, Ayumi was splayed out on the soft bed, taking in every second of provided comfort. It seemed that everyone had gotten up and left for the day but Ayumi stayed right where she was. For one, she was intently trying to make up for all those lost hours of sleep (courtesy of Vera) but more importantly, she had a lot of things to think about.

Dreams.

She'd been having visions again but in the form of dreams. Odd for certain, but this was a different universe, she couldn't expect things to play by the rules she knew. They began the second night, so her chat with Kimiko had to be the trigger. They had to be considering their subject matter.

Her first dream had been about two birds. One black, one white. The black bird was large, imposing, and wrathful; chasing the small, cunning, and spirited white bird through dimensions. She, the black, would rip down any wall or obstacle that stood in the way of her pursuit of He, the white. He had stolen something precious from her. Ayumi could tell just by looking at the black bird's eyes. Though eventually, the black and the white finally met face to face, but Ayumi didn't get to see what happened next. It ended seconds before the black bird's talon's wrapped around the white bird's neck.

<Stars. They are stars.>

The gengar curled up around Vera lifted its head to look at Ayumi.

"What does that have to do with anything, Dusana?" Ayumi groaned, not even bothering to commune properly. It didn't matter. They were alone.

Dusana looked up towards the skybox.

<They belong in our sky.>

Hmm. Now wasn't that interesting. "Well, that might explain why I got a vision of them then. But why only things from our universe specifically?" Ayumi wondered, sitting up and now seriously considering everything she'd seen thus far.

Dusana, in turn, cocked her head to the side, appearing deep in thought.

<All you can see. I think. Methods of communing here very different to communing at home. Can only sync with home and home-beings.>

Right. That made sense but there was something else bothering her about those two...

"Dusana, you know better than anyone else that I only see things when they're important. You say that the two birds are stars, yet I felt a mortal tether to them. Didn't you?"

Dusana frowned. In an instant, she perched herself onto Ayumi's head and shoulders. The sight would've been comical for any witness but Dusana barely weighed anything to begin with. Vera hadn't budged an inch.

<I did. Called them stars because their spirits shone like them.>

"Uh huh. You know more about this than me. Did you notice anything else significant?"

There was a long pause before finally...

<They bore a child. Bright like the sun. Starchild.>

"You mean to say...?"

<I do.>

Ayumi was stunned into silence. That couldn't be right, they were just rumours, surely it couldn't be right and yet...

<Can't do anything now. Starchild's light already snuffed. You know this. Deep down.>

A pang of sadness ran through Ayumi. "Yes... That is... rather unfortunate," she forced out beneath the weight on her chest. "Poor Lifeflame. She must've been truly torn up inside."

<Mhm. Rainbowfeather and Zephyrstreak were too... We're getting sidetracked about something we have no power over. Tell me about other vision.>

Ayumi couldn't help the small - now bittersweet - smile that crept along her features whenever she thought of the names the ghosts gave to the Minstrels but Dusana was right. She hadn't even gotten to the vision she had last night.

"I didn't get much of a glimpse of it but have you seen that strange pokémon that the blonde boy has?" Ayumi asked. "My second vision had a pokémon just like that. Obviously not the same one, it looked a bit different and one of the prongs of that helmet had been broken off, it had to be from our world again." She paused. "It was mostly uninteresting," she admitted, "but again, there was a small thing that managed to catch my attention."

Though Ayumi didn't see it, Dusana tilted her head in question.

"It...no, she spoke of her world - our world - being brought to ruin by some kind of beast. Is such a thing possible? Is that the fate our home is resigned to?"

A pensive frown crossed Dusana's features. Ayumi allowed her to watch the vision through her memories. She looked down at Ayumi and nodded.

<Home marches to doom if helmet-thing from home tells the truth. But march is very slow. Many, many years and descendants will pass before that.>

"How do you know that?"

<Helmet-thing from home's spirit is odd. Like, spirits from past feel old like stale water. Spirits from present feel fresh, like meat from fresh kill. Her spirit feels like seeing a new colour. Unborn. Shouldn't be possible, so must be from future. Feeling very strong, so far future. Just like how very old spirits feel like staler water... Did you see the Silver Beast?>

Ayumi nodded along to Dusana's attempt to explain herself. Dusana herself bobbed along a bit as a result. "How fascinating," Ayumi hummed. "A lot to process, that's for certain. And no. No I did not. I only have the strange pokémon's word." Indeed, it appeared that the only things holding her back from the cusp of a mental breakdown was the fact that the supposed apocalypse was going to happen long after she was gone from the world. It just left her feeling... Well, a bit lost.

<You're thinking too much again.>

Dusana's small huff brought Ayumi back down to reality. "I guess I am," she said with a weak smile. "Anyway, this chat has woken me up quite a bit. We should begin getting ready for the day, don't you agree?"

Dusana trilled as Ayumi went to grab her glasses, though she decided to remain on Ayumi's head as she prepared herself for the day. Vera woke up not long after, pridefully trotting in place for she had a dream where she singlehandedly became Champion of the Indigo League. Nobody could stop her now, not even in the waking world.

Night 4 - Count Your Blessings

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb was laying on the bed, in his pajamas and watching the news network on TV. It was showing clips of a new region that was being prepared to receive Trainers for their journey. There were bits featuring new species of Pokémon, with some narration describing their behavior and biology.

“Aw man, those new starters are so cool,” Seb muttered as he watched, anticipation in his expression. “I love birds, but I leaning more towards Sprigatito. Then again, I wonder if Quaxly will look cooler once it evolves.”

His focus shifted away when he saw Zack and Jack flying into his room from the balcony window, moving gracefully in the air. The Pidgeotto spun a lap before posing with wings stretched behind him, head raised, chest puffed, one leg stretched down and a knee bent forward. The Farfetch’d was behind him, wings stretched to his sides and his leek pointing above his friend.

“Hey!” Seb sat up and smiled at the synchronized movements in awe. “We’re you practicing that together? You were cool, especially with the poses!” He laid back down on the bed. “You can pose more tomorrow ‘cause we gotta sleep for what comes next. We still have a week and a few more days left.” He sighed. “Really wish this vacation was a bit more relaxing, though. I might be losing sleep with this mystery going on.”

As Zack flew onto his nest bed, Jack went to his Trainer’s side and gently put a wing on his head with a worried expression.

“Oh, I forgot how soft your feathers were.” Seb closed his eyes as he relaxed a bit from the touch. “Guess Zack isn’t the only one you’re looking after. I thought I was the one in charge. Well, I can always count on you. Thanks.”

The Farfetch’d chuckled a bit. It was a beautiful feeling, taking care of someone you were close to.

“You know, I’ve always wondered what you guys say. It’d be cool if you could talk like Coleane. No offense.”

Jack just shook his head in reassurance.

“You understand me just fine, but I seriously wish I could understand you.” He turned his head towards his Rotom Phone on the nightstand, opening his eyes to see it plugged into the charger. “I dunno, but you know how text messages work on phones, right?”

The Farfetch’d nodded.

“Well, go nuts with it.” Seb yawned. “So sleepy… Good night.”

Jack unplugged the phone and held it in his wings. He looked at it for a few moments before turning the screen on. There was a notification that he found strange. It was from some kind of chat server. Didn’t Seb say that he had no connection to any contacts? Maybe it was someone important or an extortionist. Either way, he checked to make sure it was safe.

The server he entered had a few familiar names. He saw the surname ‘Papadakis’, which he remembered belonged to Wallace (well, the alternate Wallace, as Seb called him). There was also Hazel. If she was also in that server, maybe…

“Whatcha lookin’ at, Jack-o?” Zack asked, perched onto a branch and looking down to his friend.

“Oh.” Jack turned around with a bit of surprise. “I thought you were asleep?”

“I don’t really feel that tired, honestly, and I wanted to check out what you’re doing.”

“Well, this will sound weird, but I found a chat server with everyone.”

“Everyone? As in everyone who came with us on the boat, right?”

“Yeah. I think this’ll help us catch up on any info we might’ve missed about the case.”

“Really now?” Zack tilted his head in curiosity. “Well, they do say that teamwork makes the dreamwork, eh?” He glided down towards Jack, landing beside him and sitting down. “Let’s check it out.”

The two birds spent the night talking with the others in the chat.

Night 4 - Ideas Borne of Misfortune

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
After her chat with Steven, Ayumi had begun doing some investigations of her own but unfortunately, none had come to any avail. The news of what happened at the cove had reached her ears quickly. The description of the events left her feeling a mixture of horror and disgust.

But within that terrible concoction came an idea. Ayumi could only hope that Manaphy wouldn't turn her away (though considering what happened, she couldn't blame them). She sat there on her bed, resting her head with one hand and tapping the bed with the other as she began to lay out each facet of her plan within her mind's eye.

"Dusana," she called softly.

In an instant, the gengar was seated right before her. She tilted her head at Ayumi.

"There's something I want to do tomorrow but I cannot do it without your approval," Ayumi began. "You know about that strange pokémon at the cove and its unique ability to cause individuals to swap bodies, right?"

<You mean to suggest...>

Ayumi nodded. "I do. I can use your abilities to investigate around the island undetected while you stay with and look after Vera." She gestured to the sleeping bulbasaur who oh so generously slept right in the middle of the bed. "For you, it should be no different to a possession or taking control of a shadow."

<But what about you?>

"I'm sure I can manage," Ayumi replied with a nervous chuckle. "Learning on the job, you know?"

Dusana looked unconvinced at her channeller's reassurances.

<Two conditions. One: You return to me as soon as you feel water-being's power fading. Don't want to find you all by myself from a place you left me in.>

"Of course," Ayumi replied with a nod. "You know I wouldn't dream of bringing any form of harm or distress to you." A pause. "And your other request?"

<You let me teach you on how to ghost.>

Top Bottom