• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Dorm Hall - 1st Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 3 - Steven and Aggron

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven glanced over his shoulder as the barkeep closed up the Sap Sipper, locking the door for the early night. It was as Odette said, there was probably some kind of curfew in place as a safety precaution given what had happened that day.

The mood was glum as he and Aggron filtered into the main hall as their host requested. Mr. Montorzi’s short address didn’t help, and the news that they were no closer to finding Reena left him with even less appetite than he had prior. He skipped dinner entirely, opting to sit in silence as Aggron grabbed something for himself.

When Aggron was done, they left the hall and headed for the dorms. As they stepped inside, Steven paused in the threshold and looked down. His shoes were ruined. Formerly waterlogged, they were caked in mud and dust and grime that surely would never come out. His pant legs fared no better, splashed with the dried remnants of marsh water. He was an utter mess, and had been all day.

Without a word, he tossed his jacket haphazardly on the closest countertop, and headed straight for the bathroom.

An excessive amount of hot water later, Steven emerged from the bathroom, clean but no less of a mess. He sat down heavily on the edge of the bed and let his head fall into his hands.

“It doesn’t make any sense,” he said to the floor. “Why Reena? Why either of those other two trainers?”

Aggron perked up from his spot on the area rug, raising his head to listen. (He was sleeping inside for the remainder of the trip. There was no way in hell he was letting Steven out of his sight now.)

“I can’t make heads or tails of anything. There has to be something we’re missing, but what?”

The frustration in his voice grew and his fingers dug deeper into his scalp.

“There’s always a reason,” he muttered. “Always.”

Aggron rumbled a quiet noise of concern, and Steven sighed, finally sitting upright and meeting his partner’s stare with tired eyes.
“No, you’re right. Stressing over it tonight won’t help. I’ll get some rest, and we can pick it back up in the morning.”

Satisfied, Aggron nodded and settled back down in his place at the foot of the bed. He kept one eye open until he was sure his trainer laid down under the covers and turned out the light.

-----

Steven woke with a start, sending a few papers fluttering to the floor. He leaned down in his chair and gathered them up, placing them back on his desk in a neat stack. It was odd, though. He was in his office at the League, back in Ever Grande. Wasn’t he supposed to be somewhere else right now? Well, no matter. He must have dozed off while doing paperwork, not that this would have been the first time he’d done something like that.

But something was different. There was too much paperwork, way more than he’d ever seen. Boxes upon boxes were stacked in the room; on the floor, on chairs, on his desk. Mountains of boxes, all full of files.

Curiously, he peered into the nearest one and scanned the contents. He leafed through the folder tabs, trying to read the words, but every time his brain tried to focus, the letters slipped through his mind, blurry, unreadable. Frustrated, he pulled a file at random, and as he lifted it from the box his heart skipped a beat.

The word “MISSING” was stamped across the folder in bold red letters.

He dropped the folder on his desk as if it had burned him, the block letters glaring up at him accusingly. He quickly grabbed another folder from the box, convinced the first was just a fluke, but this one was marked the same as well. Three more folders came flying out, “MISSING,” “MISSING,” “MISSING.”

Steven’s chair scraped loudly against the floor as he pushed back from the desk, eyes wide in shock. What was this? Why were these here? Had he requested these files for some reason? Why would he do something like that?

He glanced around the room at the towers of boxes. They leered back at him, accusing. How could you leave us unopened like this? Leave our contents unread? You’re no different than all the rest.

Shakily, Steven slid his chair back up to his desk and picked up one of the folders. Again, he tried to read the words on the folder tab, (it looked like there were two, separated by a comma) and again the words smudged into an unintelligible mess right before his eyes.

He slipped a finger beneath the folder cover and paused, drawing in an uneven breath. There was an eerie air of familiarity to it. Like he almost knew what he was going to find inside. Slowly, he flipped the cover open, and his heart jumped into his throat.

It was a missing persons report. A little girl, age ten, from Alola. The report was recent, she’d only been gone 24 hours. A relative had reported her missing. There was a statement from her parents when the police came to their door. They claimed there must be some mistake. They didn’t even have a daughter—

Steven slammed the folder shut in horror and disgust.

Then, for some unknown reason, he reached into the pile and pulled out another folder.

The “MISSING” was there like every other folder, but at the top, beneath the still illegible header, were two handwritten words that he could read. Though, it was strange, because he couldn’t read Kalosian. Yet he knew exactly what they said. “Affaire classée.” Cold case.

He cracked open the cover and began to read. Another girl, older, from Kalos this time. It had been months since anyone had seen her, talked to her. Her friends had filed reports time and time again. The authorities ignored them. At this point, they said, she’d probably just run away—

A wave of nausea hit him with such intensity that his head swam.

He should just walk away, go find whoever put these boxes here and demand they remove them. He stood up from his chair in one swift motion. What a sick joke this was. He didn’t need to be reading these, seeing these.

But he stopped, as if drawn to his desk, to the folders, by some unseen power.

He reached down and plucked another one from the desktop.

No different than the others, same “MISSING”, same unreadable header, but when he flipped the file open, it was as if a hand of ice had closed around his heart.

A boy, eight, from Hoenn. Reported by the family housekeeper. Missing for a week. The ransom note was delivered on the third day.

The rest of the file was sparse, almost empty. But as Steven watched, words began to appear, written in slow, lopsided letters. Like they were written by a child.

They began to describe things that no missing persons report could ever have known. The grungy, run down apartment he had been taken to. The dirty mattress he’d been forced to sleep on. The shouts, the threats.

How?

“You better keep your damn mouth shut, kid, or I’ll shut it for you.”

This wasn’t—

The way the boy was such a good listener, he continued to keep his mouth shut for almost a year after they found him. S-i-l-e-c-t-a-v-e. The word was spelled wrong, as if sounded out letter by letter. M-u-t-i-s-m.

It hadn’t—

The way it continued until he met his best friend, Beld—

“Stop!”

With a shout, Steven spun and threw the folder at the wall. It exploded into a thousand shards, like glass.

------

He shot upright in his bed, head pounding, heart racing. It wasn’t real, it wasn’t—

There was a loud snarl and a crash as Aggron jolted awake. His tail thrashed in panic, slamming into one of the chairs and sending it skidding into the nearby wall. His horns glinted in the faint moonlight as he whipped around looking for a sign of the threat.

Steven heaved in another breath and realized he must have woken Aggron up with his shout. He slowly released his death grip on the bedsheets and tried to calm his terrified pokemon.

“Aggron,” he called, but only managed a weak croak. He coughed and tried again. “Aggron, hey.”

Aggron spun to face him on high alert, eyes still frenzied and ready to rend whatever was harming his trainer into tiny little pieces.

“Everything’s fine,” said Steven. “Just a bad dream.”

Aggron paused, taking in the words. Just a dream? But he’d shouted like someone was attacking. And his voice was shaky, like something bad had happened for real. Still tense, Aggron growled nervously. Metagross was always the one to take care of bad dreams…

“It’s okay,” said Steven, more steady this time. His breathing had slowed, but he was in no mood to fall back asleep. So he swung out of bed and padded over to his partner, resting a hand against Aggron’s snout. The steel was cool against his clammy skin. “I’ll be alright.”

Aggron’s rumbled reply was more than a little skeptical.

Steven gave a weak laugh. “Am I that bad of a liar? I think…” He trailed off, glancing back at the tangled mess of sheets that was his bed. “Would you mind if I slept here tonight?”

Aggron looked confused for a moment before he realized what Steven meant. Without another word, he lumbered to the bed and grabbed the extra pillows. He went back to his spot on the area rug and deposited them on the ground. With one claw, he snagged the corner of the comforter and dragged it from the bed as he curled up, tail tucked around to his snout, effectively making a nest of pillows against his side.

He cracked one eye open and stared at Steven. Well? Get in here.

Gingerly, Steven stepped over Aggron’s tail and settled down into the pillows, pulling the comforter over top. “Thank you,” he whispered. Aggron’s low reply vibrated through his body.

It took a while before Steven was ready to close his eyes again, the dream still searingly fresh in his mind. But the rise and fall of his partner’s breathing was a rhythm he could hang on to, something to ground him in reality that he was here and safe and it was all in the past now…

He finally fell asleep just as the sky began to grow light.

N3, Gladion and Hazel: Unease

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Sleep was sure to be a rare resource on the island that night. Hazel was an exception, sleeping soundly, holding Gladion against her chest protectively.

Gladion, however, was not an exception. He wouldn't get up, that would disturb Hazel and at least one of them deserved to sleep soundly. Instead, he pulled out his phone, newly functioning. Most of the numbers from his own world appeared to be disconnected. The ones that weren't, he assumed were simply assigned to different people, arbitrary strangers of the universe connected only through a 10-digit number. The new ones he had learned functioned, at least.

Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

This is Gladion. Phone is hooked up now.
Someone showed Hazel and I a sign language she can use. I can convey messages to/from her.
Hope all is well.

That was the easy one. Really, the contents hardly mattered. It was just a way of making sure she had the contact info if she needed it.

Conversation With: Two Contacts

Hope I'm not waking either of you up. Stuck with precautions on the mind.
Hazel's ball doesn't have a safety release. I'd destroy and replace it but there's no getting her microchip replaced.
I would like to leave the ball with one of you two so it's not on my person in the worst case.

She would be harder to contain like that. Maybe some of her bravado would be justified this way.

Or maybe they had one modified to ignore chips. Or maybe they'd just euthanize her if she proved hard to contain with no ball. The potential consequences of either choice weight heavily on him.

Conversation With: Two Contacts

Or maybe that's a bad idea.

An impossible question with impossible answers. Either choice could end terribly. He knew it was best not to dwell on the possibilities, but how could he not?

Conversation With: Odette

Do I have Hazel where you're from?

Odette hadn't seemed to. She knew Gladion. Hazel was nothing more than a lovely name.

If not, was I too slow, or did I lose her?

He deleted the message. He knew better than to ask questions he didn't want to know the answers to.

When did I get out? Do I look different where you come from?

As much as knowing of other Gladions unnerved him, it had also occurred to him that there could be others that weren't Gladion. Who got out too late, or not at all. Still, Odette's shared his name. That was a good sign, it wasn't what he would have chosen nowadays. Not now that he'd learned to value blending in, and the normalcy it brought. Or perhaps her Gladion didn't care about that because he couldn't seem normal either way.

He knew by now he wouldn't end up sending anything, but he typed up another message to delete. A question shouted into a void.

Am I out to you?

He closed his phone and set it on the nightstand, unsure whether he was feeling more comfortable, or less so.

Day 3: A Note for Steven

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Whenever Steven eventually returned to his room, he would find a note of his own waiting for him on the nightstand, evidently hand delivered.

The note was written in swift but neat handwriting.

Dear Mr. Stone,

I am so sorry I missed you this morning. I didn't think to specify a place and I think I missed you. But I also got distracted. After our conversation yesterday I started thinking a lot!

You're right, maybe there are things Nosepass and I can do. So we ended up doing a lot of practicing and experimenting with moves! There's some... Very important ideas I would love to discuss with you tomorrow. Urgently if possible. We can meet at breakfast of that's ok with you! I'll be waiting for you this time, I promise.

Immensely grateful,

Hayes and Nosepass

Something about the phrasing almost suggested more than just battle strategies?

Either way it was clear Hayes seemed to be faring well after his meeting with Steven. At least some good had come of this Festival for one party.

Night 4 - Steven and Aggron

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven tucked the plastic cutlery and paper napkin inside his empty takeout container and leaned back in his patio chair, satisfied. He and Aggron decided dinner in their room was the best option for the night. Steven was sure if he had to wait at a table for food to arrive, he'd have been asleep before it showed up. There was also a certain guilty pleasure from eating out of styrofoam containers, especially after such a stressful day.

Aggron happily munched on some berries he'd picked on the walk back from the dining hall. They made a nice complement to his meal, which already tasted better given that his trainer no longer was a ball of worried nerves. That, and he had a few nice rocks from the caverns as an after-dinner snack.

The sun was well on its way below the horizon as Aggron's gaze slid longingly back to the room where his precious rocks awaited. Steven didn't miss his partner's hint.

"Alright, alright, we'll head back inside," he said, picking up their empty dinner containers. "I should turn in early tonight, anyway."

Aggron huffed agreeably and shuffled his way into the room. He had already curled up on his rug and was gnawing at the first rock when Steven's voice cut through the quiet of the room.

"...What's this?"

Rock forgotten for a moment, Aggron sat up and turned toward where his trainer was standing in front of the nightstand, something in his hands. He grunted a question back; he didn't know what it was either.

"It's... It's a letter," said Steven, turning to show his partner, the surprise written clear on his face. "From Hayes."

Joy and concern vied for supremacy as he held the letter aloft for Aggron to see. "He's doing well, apologized for missing us today. But he said he's got news, something important. 'Urgent' he said."

His brow furrowed in thought, and Aggron knew sleep was no longer in the cards.

"I wonder what it is he wants to tell us so badly?" He shook his head. "Ah, I wish I had asked Amara for his room number instead. That way I could go talk with him tonight."

Defeated, Steven sat down on the bed, letter still clutched in his hands. "At least we're on the same page about meeting over breakfast. And sending letters to each other, apparently," he said with a small chuckle.

Aggron waited to see if his partner would continue, but as silence settled over the pair, he gave a snort to grab Steven's attention. His gaze flicked from the letter, to the bed's pillows (lovingly replaced by the cleaning staff), back to the letter, and then back to the pillows.

Steven was two for two with Aggron's hints for the night. "You're right, there's not much more we can do tonight." Carefully he tucked the letter into the nightstand's drawer and began to get ready for bed. "Gods know I need the rest."

Satisfied, Aggron settled back down to finish off his snack. Steven turned out the light to the sound of gentle crunching, and was asleep in a matter of moments.

Day 4 - Steven and Hayes compare notes

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven was still in a sour mood by the time he arrived at the dorms. The conversation with Irene still festered, a nasty reminder of Reena's fate, and now the fate of four trainers and their pokemon. He shuddered to think Hayes had been that close to being another casualty, while the morbid curiosity wondered how he'd escaped such a fate when he too was caught in the ambush.

Mercifully, he ran out of time to entertain the thought, as Hayes was waiting for him in the first floor hallway.

smile_eyes closed.png
"Ah, I hope I didn't keep you waiting long," he said. "I wanted to stop and pick up something for us, given how the morning went."

Aggron hefted his armful of takeout containers to show off the spoils that awaited.

straight ahead smile.png
"Please, come this way. I have a nice spot for us to eat and have a chat about your note."

Steven led the way down the hall and opened the door to his room (which mercifully was neat and orderly this morning, unlike some of the other, more exhausting nights.) He then led the way to the patio and out into the garden, finally stopping at the small table at the end of the path.

"Have a seat, and please help yourself. I grabbed a bunch of different things, since I wasn't sure what you preferred."

Aggron deposited the containers on the table, and Steven spread out the food for everyone. Aggron took several of the containers and curled up in the shade, nodding for Nosepass to join him.
neutral face.png
"We got enough for everybody. And I have a few nice rocks stashed away for a treat, too."

Steven tucked into his plate, the food doing wonders to banish the bad taste in his mouth from Irene's confession.

hehe whoops.png
"It's a bit moot at this point," he began, "but you got my note yesterday as well, I presume?"

[[@Flyg0n]]

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hayes seemed more than excited to see both Steven and the food. "Thank you so much Steven!" Nosepass moved faster than most would expect and eagerly set upon the rocks Steven had been brought, given hearty rumbles of approval. This human was very very good at picking rocks. And based on his beahviour, at least Hayes seemed to be doing better since the incident earlier in the morning.

After taking a moment to sort through the food, they settled down to eat.

"I'm so sorry Steven," he said as he finished off a bite of his mozzerella sticks. "I got your note from before-"

Nosepass made a series of barely comprehensible noises of delight.

Hayes chuckled. "We appreciate it, we really do. And I'm sorry about missing out meeting. I'm usually a lot better about those kinds of things..." he rubbed the back of his head. "I just got really excited about that move." He cleared his throat and glanced around, eyes shining. He almost seemed ready to burst. "I sent you that note because I saw something that day. It's not much. So practicing wasn't the only thing I was doing. Er. Or well, technically it was, but I also visited the TM store. I wanted to see if there were other helpful moves Nosepass could use. Or maybe see if there's another move to stop teleports-" Nosepass grunted and poked him on his leg.

"Oh. Sorry, thats not the important part. I was at the arena kinda late, even though I probably should have gone back. And I heard what sounded like someone practicing in the next room. The big grassy field room. I thought I'd go see if they wanted to practice, but when I went over there, no one was there. And I never heard any humans or anything. So then I tried to look around for footprints, but it didn't look like anyone- any human I mean- had been there. So I think maybe whatever is doing this could be just a pokemon Or two? But maybe this isn't humans doing it." He laughed, a little awkwardly, realizing he'd rambled the whole time.

"I uh know thats probably not much but maybe it helps?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
As Hayes and Nosepass tucked in to the food, Steven couldn't help but smile. It was a relief to see how much better he seemed to be doing after this morning.

"Thank you so much Steven!" Nosepass moved faster than most would expect and eagerly set upon the rocks Steven had brought, given hearty rumbles of approval.

After taking a moment to sort through the food, they settled down to eat.

"I'm so sorry Steven," he said as he finished off a bite of his mozzerella sticks. "I got your note from before-"

Nosepass made a series of barely comprehensible noises of delight.

Hayes chuckled. "We appreciate it, we really do. And I'm sorry about missing out meeting. I'm usually a lot better about those kinds of things..."
hehe whoops.png
"It's no problem," he said with a chuckle. "Aggron and I missed breakfast today, too."

Aggron rumbled in confirmation as he polished off his veggie bowl.

grin.png
"Besides, conversation is always better over a meal."

he rubbed the back of his head. "I just got really excited about that move." He cleared his throat and glanced around, eyes shining. He almost seemed ready to burst.
Steven listened as Hayes explained, smile growing wistful. The young trainer's enthusiasm was contagious, and it felt an awful lot like looking in a mirror more than a handful of years ago.

"I sent you that note because I saw something that day. It's not much. So practicing wasn't the only thing I was doing. Er. Or well, technically it was, but I also visited the TM store. I wanted to see if there were other helpful moves Nosepass could use. Or maybe see if there's another move to stop teleports-" Nosepass grunted and poked him on his leg.

"Oh. Sorry, thats not the important part. I was at the arena kinda late, even though I probably should have gone back. And I heard what sounded like someone practicing in the next room. The big grassy field room. I thought I'd go see if they wanted to practice, but when I went over there, no one was there. And I never heard any humans or anything. So then I tried to look around for footprints, but it didn't look like anyone- any human I mean- had been there. So I think maybe whatever is doing this could be just a pokemon Or two? But maybe this isn't humans doing it." He laughed, a little awkwardly, realizing he'd rambled the whole time.

"I uh know thats probably not much but maybe it helps?"
thinking face.png
As Hayes spoke, Steven's smile began to fade. While he appreciated the young man's dedication, training alone at night was a dangerous prospect... Sure, their culprit only had struck during the day thus far, but he worried that they might not pass up a crime of opportunity.

thinking face_angry.png
"Wait, you said you heard something in the arena next to you? And it wasn't a trainer and their partner?" Steven scowled down at his plate in thought. "And no human footprints either. But why would a trainerless pokemon be attacking the festival guests like this?"

neutral straight ahead.png
Steven folded his paper napkin and set it on his empty plate. He sat quietly for a moment before lacing his fingers together and leaning forward in his seat. "You're right, it's not much, but if what you saw is true, then we might have been looking in the wrong place for our culprit this whole time."

straight ahead smile.png
"Thank you for sharing this with me," said Steven. "You've been an incredible help."

"Now, you said you wanted to talk TMs for Nosepass?"

Steven hoped he didn't come off as too eager to change the subject. Hayes had already been through so much, he didn't want to give him any ideas that might put him further in danger.

Because he and Aggron just had a late night training session added to their schedule... Alone.

<><><><><>​

Last edited:
Night 5 - Steven and Aggron

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
grumpy.png
As soon as the door closed behind them, Aggron let out a snarl so fierce that Steven winced. The big steel type stomped into the room, hunched over and growling.

worried.png
"Aggron, we had to go," Steven said, his voice strangely meek. "I couldn't have asked Hayes to go back there to check himself, you know that."

Aggron kept his back to Steven, but the way he'd stopped stomping around told Steven he was at least listening. Steven found himself rooted in the doorway, unable to will himself to move any further into the room.

eyes closed pensive.png
"We couldn't have known it would be the culprits, or that they would have attacked. They ran the night Hayes found them." Steven hated the way his desperation climbed higher every time he spoke. "For all we knew that arena should have been empty."
grumpy.png
The growl in Aggron's throat intensified, and he hunched lower, horns aimed at the far wall of the room. All Steven could see was his partner's tail lashing back and forth.

frustrated.png
"At least... At least we'd have been able to find Reena and the others... If the Latis hadn't arrived in time..." He almost didn't recognize his own voice any more, how choked and distant it was.

Aggron Expression_SNARL.png
Without warning, Aggron roared and slammed his claws into a chair, sending it smashing into the nearby wall. Steven recoiled in surprise, stumbling backward and bumping into the door behind him. Aggron roared again, and Steven's legs gave out, leaving him to slide down the wall to the floor. He was shaking so badly he had to wrap his arms around his knees to try to make it stop. They'd-- no, he'd made a mistake. A terrible, terrible mistake. And they'd almost paid the price. How could he have been so foolish--

"Aggron," he choked out. "Aggron, please--"

Another piece of furniture caved in under the crushing blow of Aggron's tail, and Steven hugged himself tighter. He knew Aggron's rage was entirely justified. They'd lost. As powerful as they were, as prepared as they could have been, and they lost; utterly and completely. And not just in a simple battle, there was so much more at stake. They'd almost lost themselves. His shaking wouldn't stop.

With no more furniture in striking range, Aggron gave up with a snarl and stormed out through the patio doors into the night.

Steven sat against the door in the empty room, curled around himself, staring at the shattered pieces of wood and upholstery left in his partner's wake. The broken matchsticks of a trainer too sure of himself, too invincible, to even consider that he would end up the same as all the rest.

His head rolled back against the door with a dull thud. No, not like the others. Reena and Drampa, Mr. Okay and Mightyena, the other trainers he didn't even get the chance to know. They were gone. He wasn't. Why? They'd done nothing to deserve it, and he had. He'd been the one to fuck up. The Champion of Hoenn, and he fucked up.

His unfocused gaze settled on the ceiling, staring at something that lay beyond. The only reason he was still here was because of some stroke of divine intervention. The Eon twins had swooped in to save him, not one millisecond too soon.

"...It didn't have time to take you."

"
...It didn't have time to take you."

Latias's words ricocheted around in his mind. Where were the Latis when Reena needed them? When anyone else needed them? Why save him? Why save him from his own fuck up? Why save him when he was so stupid? When he deserved to have the darkness swallow him--

"What if we hadn't reached you in time?"

He buried his head in his hands and finally let the strangled scream he'd been trying to hold in burst free.

Steven sat on the floor the rest of the night, drained, defeated, staring at the broken furniture, wondering how he could glue the pieces back together into any kind of facsimile of how they were before...

Aggron never came back in from the garden.

Night 6 - Steven and Aggron

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
By the time Steven awoke in the lone surviving armchair in his dorm room, night had fallen. The room was dark, save for the soft moonlight that filtered in through the patio doors. Slowly, he sat upright and groped in the dark for the nearby table lamp. He found the switch and squinted as the room was bathed in light.

His suit jacket, waistcoat, and cravat were draped over the bar counter, and his shoes sat on the floor nearby. In the corner of the room was a pile of broken furniture pieces, brushed aside but not truly tidied up. It was then that he realized the granola bar and folded piece of paper sitting on the end table next to him, and he took stock of how he'd ended up back here.

He could hazily remember walking back to the dorms, stopping briefly at the store, then fumbling for his room key, then... he wasn't really sure after that, but Odette had been there--

Gods, she'd been here. She saw the state of his room, the aftermath of Aggron's handiwork... His eyes darted back to the end table and he snatched up the note:

Hey Steven.

Sorry in advance for my shitty handwriting. You were kind of out of it so Odile and I walked you back to your room. It was a mess so I kind of pushed everything aside for you—sorry if I made it worse, didn’t want anybody to trip. I left you a granola bar and a water bottle so you have something to eat. It’s pecha flavored; hope you can stomach that.

Meant to tell you earlier because it didn’t seem like you knew, they found a bunch of psychic, normal, and ghost type residue. Also more grey flakes that smelled…berry-like. And chemical-like. Said something about “Orb shaped” moves based on the markings left behind.

Anyway, eat the damn granola bar and take a shower. You’re all sweaty.

-Odette

Steven raised an eyebrow as he finished reading, looking at the table and then back at the note before grabbing the granola bar and opening it up. Pecha was fine, a bit sweet for his tastes, but the sad sound his stomach made from the first food it'd had in over 24 hours told him this was not the time to be picky. As he chewed, he pinched at his shirt and gave a curious sniff. Okay yeah, he was gross. Gods, he couldn't believe Odette had to deal with him like this. He owed her dinner or something as the barest minimum of an apology.

Speaking of dinner, the granola bar was gone in an instant and he was still hungry. But he couldn't find the strength to do more than deflate into the armchair, empty wrapper dangling in one hand, Odette's note in the other. What a fucking mess he was. What a mess this was. His gaze floated over to where his suitcase sat next to the wardrobe. He'd gone away with the promise to Wallace that he'd enjoy this vacation, take time to relax and destress...

Look how that turned out.

First people started disappearing. Then he almost disappeared. Then Aggron left--

Steven bolted out of the chair, his feet almost sliding out from under him as his socks met the stone floor. Odette's note fluttered to the floor, forgotten. He scanned the room again in a panic, confirming that he hadn't missed a seven foot tall mound of steel plate armor in the room.

No, he didn't, Aggron wasn't here. His heart was in his throat as he snatched up his suit jacket, jammed his feet in his shoes, and ran to the door. His head swam and his whole body protested, but he couldn't just sit around when his partner was still missing. What was he doing? What was he thinking?

His hand was on the knob when the sound of a door opening behind him made him freeze. A sleepy huff followed it, punctuated by heavy footfalls, and slowly he turned around.

His partner stood in the patio doorway, staring at him with an expression like he hadn't seen Steven in literal years. The light from the table lamp cast Aggron in a golden glow, while the moonlight behind him rimmed his helm in mercurial silver. He was here. He was here and he was okay.

Steven's jacket slipped from his hand and crumpled on the floor. "Aggron," he choked out in a raspy whisper. That was all his voice was going to allow at this point.

Aggron inclined his head ever so slightly toward Steven and gave a meek rumble. His tail swished sheepishly across the floor. Hi. Sorry.

"How--" Steven swallowed, taking a few hesitant steps toward his partner. "How are you doing?" he asked, throat suddenly dry. Gods, what a stupid thing to say. He barely gave his partner time to respond before he screwed his eyes shut and launched into his own apology.

"Aggron, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have--oof!"

He was cut off by a sudden full-body impact, but it didn't hurt...? Steven blinked as he felt a strong pressure wrap around him, and a soft rumble permeated up through his whole body. It took a second to register what had happened. Shakily, he reached up and hugged Aggron back as best he could from beneath his partner's all-encompassing embrace.

"I missed you too," he choked out. And just like that, the weight of the day hit him all at once; the shock, the fear, the anguish, the everything, and he sagged completely in Aggron's arms.

Aggron gave a startled noise at the way Steven suddenly went limp, but when he felt his trainer's hands grab on to the edge of his armor and hang on for dear life, he relaxed and tucked his chin low until it rested atop Steven's head. And then he rumbled. Rumbled deep and low so that Steven could feel it, truly know what he was saying without any words necessary. How sorry he was for his behavior, how much he cared, how grateful he was to be a part of Steven's life, and to have Steven be a part of his. It ebbed and flowed like waves against a beach, rose and fell with each new sentiment. And when he felt Steven's fingers curl tighter against his hide, he knew he'd gotten his message across.

They stayed that way for a bit, until Aggron felt Steven say something. He couldn't hear well, considering his trainer's face was buried against his chest plate, but he could feel the rumble of Steven's voice all the same (albeit in that soft, barely-there, kind of rumble humans made.) Aggron released his hold and let Steven pull back to look up at him with eyes that looked extra shiny in the dim light.

"Thank you," he repeated, now that Aggron could hear him, voice thick with emotion. "Thank you for giving me another chance."

Aggron shook his head and leaned down, gently nudging Steven's cheek with his own. Don't be silly.

Steven gave a quiet laugh, rubbing at one eye, then the other with the heel of his hand. "I guess you're right," he said, studying his muddy reflection in Aggron's armor. He reached up and wiped at the smudge he'd left from where his cheek made contact. "I'm probably on my fiftieth chance by now."

Aggron huffed and rolled his eyes, turning his head as Steven's hand moved further up his jaw to brush away some sand and grime.

"Wait," Steven's eyes narrowed as he noticed more marks on his partner's armor. "Is that a burn mark? And why do you smell like the ocean?"

Aggron's growl held an innocent lilt to it, and he stood up to his full height with a shake of his head. Not important. Not right now.

Steven was about to protest when his stomach gave a growl of its own. He looked down, sheepish, and Aggron gave a satisfied smirk. The big steel type lumbered over to the room's mini fridge and pried it open, digging out the leftover containers of takeout from their brunch with Hayes.

All of Steven's worry was forgotten at the sight of the food, and he smiled as his partner laid the spread out on the bar counter. Gratefully, he tucked into the closest container, cold. Aggron sniffed a couple of the containers, but didn't find any veggie dishes, so he sat back, content to watch Steven finally eat a decent enough meal.

As his trainer ate, something caught Aggron's attention and he wandered over to the nearby table and chair. Leaning down, he plucked Odette's letter from the ground and brought it back to the bar. He set it down next to Steven, who looked up with his chopsticks full of noodles.

"Right, I suppose I have a lot to tell you from today," said Steven between bites. "But that's for tomorrow, I think." He set down his chopsticks and rested a hand on Aggron's snout. The steel warmed quickly under his touch. "Food. Shower. Then bed. How's that sound?"

Aggron nodded in agreement. Tomorrow. For now, all that mattered was they had food, they had a bed, and they had each other. They'd deal with tomorrow when it came. Together.

Night 7: Gladion and Hazel

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion made sure to pick up some birdkeeping supplies at the shop before returning to his room. Hazel having her helmet off was lovely, but at the same dime she had four years worth of hathead to deal with. Nothing some time and care couldn't fix, though.

There wasn't anyone else here to help preen her head, so he picked up a small metal beak-comb and misted it with a faint bit of a spray he'd picked up to substitute the preening oil she didn't have. He didn't have the experience to get feathers quite perfect for flight, but that would be no concern for Hazel. He worked his way down from the top of her head, beginning to smooth out her plumage. (He realized later on that it would probably have been easier to start from the bottom. A lesson learned for next time.)

Hazel started murmuring a song as he worked, seeming quite pleased with the treatment.

At the base of her neck, though, he encountered a problem. The feathers where her mask had been pressing down for years were damaged. Some were salvageable, but others had quills that were completely crushed, and broke in two when he tried to work with them. Adult Oricorio feathers didn't fall out and regrow unless removed, since their colour changing was hard to replicate. Though Hazel's were sadly still numb to her type, remaining the same silvery colour no matter what type she took on, the same would be true of hers.

As gently as he was able to, he took one of the broken feathers and removed it. He looked to Hazel for a reaction. "Did that hurt?"

She tilted her head. "Did what hurt? I didn't notice anything."

Right. She didn't really do the whole 'pain' thing to a normal extent. He probably couldn't hurt her if he tried, not that he ever planned to test that hypothesis.

"Aw. Why did you stop? Is it over?"

He returned to the task at hand. "Just finishing up..."

Once they'd finished up, and Gladion had packed the supplies away, it was time for bed. And with it, Hazel's first time using a pillow. She found it much more comfortable than trying to sleep with her helmet on. It also meant she could rest her chin against Gladion while holding him like a Stufful without fear of nicking him.

It was the best sleep she'd had in years.

Night 7 - Steven and Aggron

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
As soon as Steven closed the door behind them, he went straight to the bar, set down their takeout containers, and grabbed a glass from the shelf. A quick trip to the bathroom, and he came back with it half-filled with water. He set the glass down and Aggron stepped forward, depositing the gracidea gently in its temporary home.

They both stood back and stared at the glass, the pink of the petals a stark contrast to the gray earth tones of the room.

"This is what you're supposed to do with cut flowers, right?" said Steven. He'd seen all sorts of vessels filled with various flowers and plants in Phoebe's office at the League. Some were potted with dirt, but others just held water and their flower of choice. He looked to his partner for confirmation.

Aggron nodded, eyes still squarely on the gracidea as if he were to look away it might instantly wilt.

Steven smiled at the way Aggron's overprotectiveness extended to his gardening habits as well. He gave the big steel type a pat on the arm. "It'll be fine. It was created from Shaymin's powers, it won't wither overnight. First thing we'll find our host and deliver it straight to Clink."

Aggron huffed some air from his nose in confirmation, but still remained rooted to the spot. The breeze from his breath caused the flower's petals to quiver ever so slightly.

Steven shook his head with a grin, and headed over to his wardrobe to settle in for the night. Aggron was still staring at the gracidea when Steven returned and slid into a seat at the far end of bar, sans jacket and waistcoat. He grabbed their takeout containers and set Aggron's portion at the seat next to him, popping the lid open.

"C'mon, let's eat."

The smell of his food was the only thing that got Aggron to move, and he sidled over to Steven and picked up his container. They ate in silence, Aggron sneaking glances every so often back down the bar toward the gracidea, just to make sure. When they finished, Steven cleared the counter and moved about the room, tidying up (though he avoided the pile of broken furniture in the corner.) Aggron still didn't move from the bar.

The sun had dipped below the horizon by the time Steven finished putting everything away. From his vantage point near the bed, he could see the entirety of Aggron's back as his partner still sat vigilant at the bar. Scuffs and fading scorch marks dotted his armor, and Steven recalled the scene earlier in the forest, when Aggron apparently had already introduced himself to Laura's massive Noivern.

Steven moved to the nightstand and slid the drawer open, pulling out his polishing kit. He sat down on the end of the bed and opened the kit, laying out each piece. Cleaning solution, scrubbing cloth, polishing wax, buffing pad and compound, finishing cloth. When he was done, he unbuttoned the cuffs and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt.

"Hey, Aggron," he said to catch his partner's attention. When Aggron looked his way, Steven tipped his chin toward the rug at the foot of the bed.

Aggron looked at Steven and the kit's contents, then back at the gracidea one more time, and then obediently made his way over to his trainer. He plopped down on the rug and curled up, exposing the plates on his back to Steven, which conveniently left his snout pointing toward the bar. Steven shook his head with a smile and set to work methodically cleaning, polishing, and buffing Aggron's armor back to a pristine finish.

"So," he said, working firm, steady circles over a particularly stubborn burn, "you fought that Noivern, didn't you?"

Aggron didn't answer, but the way he shifted at the question gave Steven all the answer he needed.

"I'm not mad at you," he said quietly, setting the scrubbing pad down and picking up the wax.

"After what happened..." His hand slowed, stopping as his gaze fell, remembering the previous day's events. "I... didn't handle it well either."

He felt Aggron's rumble up through his arm, and he resumed his work, first with the wax, then with polishing cloth. "I'm just glad that you're alright. And that you made a new friend."

Steven set down the cloth and picked up the buffing compound. "Something tells me we're going to need all the allies we can get."

Aggron snorted, the tip of his tail flopping one way, then the other.

"I know, I'm worried, too," said Steven. "But that Mightyena trainer, Mitch, I think someone said, they're back with us."

That got Aggron's attention, and he turned toward Steven with a surprised look. Steven took advantage of Aggron finally looking away from the bar, and swiftly grabbed his partner's jaw and began to polish the crown of Aggron's helm. Aggron made a half grumbling-half whining sound, but didn't protest any further. Steven worked soothing circles around the base of each horn, paying careful attention to remove all the sand from Aggron's ear holes. Aggron's eyes slid shut and he huffed contentedly.

"Odette saved them with Jirachi's wish," Steven said, moving on to Aggron's snout, which his partner fairly shoved into Steven's hands. "That's huge, to get someone back... It means the rest, they can be saved, too."

Aggron murmured a noise of agreement, letting his head fall back onto his claws as Steven resumed work on Aggron's back. The room lapsed into silence as Steven moved plate-by-plate until he was at the base of Aggron's neck.

"So," he began, breaking the silence, "did you win? We have a reputation to uphold, after all."

The teasing in his tone made Aggron grumble, the tip of his tail flicking in annoyance, and he tilted his head one way, then the other. Not a no, but not a yes either.

Steven laughed as he finished the last piece of armor and began to pack up the kit. "Good thing that wasn't an official match. A draw would be a quite the blemish on our record." He made a show of buffing out an imaginary scuff on Aggron's head.

His partner grumbled again and shifted like he was going to rise and leave the rug, but he was far too comfortable and settled for tossing his head with a huff, which only made Steven laugh more.

"I'll stop, I'll stop," he said between chuckles. He snapped the case shut and got up from the bed to put it away. The nightstand drawer closed with a small squeak. "I meant what I said, though. We'll need all the allies we can get to stop whatever evil has come to this island."

Aggron turned to look at Steven, and found his trainer's gaze resting on the gracidea flower atop the bar. He tipped his head to the side in an unspoken question.

Steven found his partner's stare and met it with a determined one of his own. "This is bigger than you or me, this mystery. But we're going to crack it open, all of us, together."

N8: The Secret Meeting (sponsored in part by Wrath)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
If this was any indication of how this meeting was going to go, Odette was set to cancel. She felt a headache coming on the longer she stood in the middle of this giant, unfamiliar room, listening to Odile try to argue with her.

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̵H̴o̴l̸d̵ ̵o̸n̴,̶ ̴h̵o̴l̴d̷ ̶o̷n̴-̸-̸"̶ she yelled, hands out in front of her as if she were trying to keep Odette from talking. Because she was.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Odile, you're not--" she tried to cut her off.

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̴-̸-̵h̵o̶l̴d̴ ̸o̴n̴-̵-̷"̵

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
"--dude, I swear to fucking--"

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̵-̴-̵h̸o̴l̷-̶-̴"̶

Odette Pissed.PNG
Now she was getting very aggravated. "DUMBASS, WE'VE ALREADY DEDUCED-

Odile Scary 1.PNG

"H̴̗͆͆̀O̶̯̜̎̿̽̍L̷̼̦̙̊̏̿Ḑ̵̖̎̌̆͊̇ ̸̛̘̍̕͠Ŏ̸̩̰̌̐N̶͇̞͎͉̺̏̐͝.̸̨̧̣̫͓̾"Odile screamed. The force of her voice caused the lights to flicker. Odette wasn't fucking listening. Maybe if she'd let her talk, she could get her goddamn words out.

"H̴̫͝i̴͕͒s̸̝̽ ̷͍͗p̸̨͊ä̶̙́r̴͇͆t̶͇͝n̴̫̒e̴̯̔r̶̜̄ ̵͖͠w̵̱̑a̷͉̎s̸͎̎ ̴̻̐a̸̤͠ ̴̻͝H̴̨́ō̴̖o̶͎̐p̸͉͝a̷̘͑.̶̞͛ ̴̮̃R̵͉̀i̴̦̓g̸̥̓h̶̦͝t̸͈͒?̸̛̫ ̷͇̋Ă̵̫ǹ̶͍d̴̩́ ̸̛̹w̸̙̋h̷͎̿a̷̛̗t̴̮͌ ̶̭͝w̶̰̌a̸̦̚s̷̭̐ ̷̙͊h̶͙͛ì̷ͅs̷͍̿ ̸̦̍p̸̜̃a̵̙͐r̵̆ͅt̵̥̾n̵͍̄e̴̖͌r̵͍͗?̴̹̿ ̴̲́Ã̵͕ ̷̻̀Ǩ̴̬l̷̻̽e̴͕͂f̶͚͠k̸̯̐ì̴̹.̸͙̊ ̷͕͌T̵̨̈́h̵̻̓e̶̗̍ ̷̙͊P̸̜̈́ō̷̦k̷̞͂è̶͈m̵̬͂ó̷̖n̷͓͆ ̵͎͠w̶̝̓i̶̫̒t̵̠̐h̷̼͛ ̶̝̎a̶͍͋l̴͓̏l̸̙̿ ̸̛̺t̴̲̄ḩ̵̓e̴̙͝ ̶̻̂k̵̘͐e̷͉̅y̴͙̓s̵̲̕,̴̰͑ ̷̲̌b̷̼͗r̵̗̋o̵̭̽.̴,"̶̩͂ she spat, bobbing her head with every syllable. In order to assure Odette most likely wouldn't attempt to get another word in edgewise, she paced toward the back of the room.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
Odette watched Odile go, positively unblinking, before whipping her head around to shoot a glare at Enora. "I'm gonna stab her," she announced dryly.

Enora Unamused.PNG
Enora ceased licking her paw from her spot on the large bed and peered over to the quarreling vessel-'mon duo. "I'd settle for duct tape, but that might work better with her."

Odile Scary 1.PNG
No. No. No. Odile wasn't fucking done yet. Nobody was stabbing anybody--not when she was so blatantly RIGHT.

"̷̱̊Y̵͓͋O̴̩̚Ụ̵̈́'̵̠͠R̶̘͘E̸̻͊ ̶͚̂G̴̲͊O̵͉͊Ṇ̴̌N̴͚͗Ä̷̱́ ̵̔ͅL̶̞͌O̵̢͛Ó̶͙K̵̖͛ ̸̨̛A̶̰̽T̵̢͆ ̵̈́͜M̷̻͗E̶̳͗ ̷̢͆Ḁ̵͗N̶̘̂D̶̙͐ ̵̪̀T̴͚̕E̶̫͂L̴̥̃L̸̺͋ ̷̣̍M̴͉̀Ḛ̵̏ ̶̛͜T̶̩͂H̶̡̀A̴̘̍T̷͎́ ̶̥͝Ĩ̷͚'̶̨̓M̴̼̈́ ̸̦͝W̸͉̆R̶̬̍Ô̷̫N̴̢̽G̸̭͘?̴̰̄ ̴̨̒A̷̹̿M̶̢͐ ̷͍̆I̵̥͗ ̷̡͝W̸̠͒R̷̟̎O̵̫͆Ņ̷͘G̸̹̀?̷̖̂"̸͇̓

Odette whined in annoyance began to rub her eyes aggressively. "You came back from the room and insisted--"

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̸̮̏Ï̶̩T̶͙́ ̷̯́H̴͉̾Ă̴̰S̸̱̿ ̶̹̐A̴͚̾L̴̨̊L̶̟͠ ̶̻͂Ṫ̷̠H̴͈̑Ė̸̻ ̵̜̌K̴͉̿E̷̬͋Ý̵̹S̵̬͋ ̶͇͘A̶̧͆Ń̷̯D̸͙͛ ̵̢͘A̸͎͘L̶̯̋Ḻ̵̿ ̶̫̕T̷͙̏H̴̻̾E̷͖̕ ̶̺̿M̷̟̈́Ÿ̷̬́T̴͍͑H̸̹̑Ỉ̸͉C̷̱̾Ṡ̷̲ ̶͇́Ķ̸̓N̸͝ͅỌ̷̄W̵̰̽ ̷̝̄T̸̮̑Ḧ̷̟́E̵̟̓M̶̺̊,̴̖͗ ̵̱͠D̷̥̐Ȍ̴̘G̷̬̐.̷̦̿"̶̪͠

There was a knock at the door, causing Odette to snap her gaze over to it. She waved a dismissive hand toward Odile and went to open it. "Okay, I don't have time for this."

Odile Scary 1.PNG
Yeah, that's what she thought."̶G̸r̶o̷w̴ ̴u̶p̷,̸ ̸b̴r̸o̴-̶-̶"̸

Odette Pissed.PNG
"--I'm not fighting with--"

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̷-̶-̴g̷r̸o̴w̴ ̵u̸p̸,"̸
she repeated, disappearing into the bathroom.

***​

Odette Deadpan.PNG
Well, it looked like most of the group was here. At least, those she'd seen around for the most part. Wallace, of course, wasn't going to be here, and she noticed that Steven and Aggron had also not shown. That worried her just a little, but she didn't want to let that show with so many people in full view of her now.

"Thanks for coming everyone. Sorry about the noise," she greeted, taking a stance on a small ottoman to assure everyone could see her. "I'd like to refrain from any sugarcoating from here on out and get straight to the point. Our antagonist is getting more and more full of himself by the day, so we need to figure out a plan of action to find Orzo and figure out if he's who we think he is, or not. That being said, if you don't have anything of actual substance to offer, keep your gods damned mouth shut. The less time we're here, the less time that fucker has to figure out we're onto it. For ease of moving forward, I'll take charge in keeping the conversation on track and--"

Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̶H̵a̶n̴g̷ ̵o̶n̶,̵"̸ Odile snapped. ̵"̵W̵h̷y̷ ̷d̴o̴ ̶y̶o̸u̶ ̸g̷e̷t̶ ̷t̶o̶ ̵b̷e̶ ̵i̴n̴ ̸c̵h̸a̸r̴g̸e̷ ̵w̶h̴e̵n̵ ̸I̸ ̵w̷a̴s̸ ̷t̸h̷e̷ ̸o̷n̸e̶ ̵w̷h̵o̶ ̶f̴o̷u̸n̸d̸ ̴t̷h̸e̷ ̴r̵o̷o̸m̴?̸"̷

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
Odette paused, then slowly turned her entire body to look at Odile, who was sitting on the bed next to Enora, angrily shoving communion wafers into her mouth. "Because I have this thing called an attention span."

Odile Thinking.PNG
Okay, she disagreed with that. Odile DEFINITELY had an attention span...when people were angry and beating each other up and perhaps when war and carnage and dismemberment were happening. And that wasn't really what they were here for right now. All anger from their recent argument aside, she slouched in defeat.

"̷Y̶o̵u̶ ̵w̷i̵n̸ ̵t̶h̴i̶s̶ ̶t̵i̶m̶e̵,̸ ̶b̸o̵z̶o̷.̴"̵

Odette Deadpan.PNG
Huffing, she faced her fellow Trousselin-ers again. "Per my text, we know where Xavian's room is, and apparently, Clink has been healed of their poisoning. Good news, but this doesn't really answer any of our questions at the moment. Where's Orzo? Are Clink and Orzo in kahoots? How were they poisoned? Who the fuck is this Golden King? All things we need to get to the bottom of soon."

Crossing her arms, she gave a single firm nod. "If anybody here has some information they'd like to get out in the open, or has any ideas on how to move forward," she said, raising a stern finger up toward Odile, who had looked like she was bracing to yell something, "now's the time to open your mouth. I have my own ideas in mind, but I'd like to open the floor to those who wish to speak. Have at it."

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Kimiko had not left her room for most of the previous day, short of gathering food. With Olivia playing lookout overnight while she slept, it was clear she hadn't been getting a proper rest, so Kimiko decided to take the one day to let her partner sleep properly, while she played lookout instead. While Olivia rested, Kimiko had gone over the story of the Golden King a dozen times, looking for anything she might have missed the first time.

Now, Olivia sat wide awake beside her as they sat on the floor and leaned against the side of the bed in the unfamiliar dorm room, the espeon's gem alight once again as she kept watch for any signs of their attacker. The chances of their entire group being attacked felt at once both minimal and also likely. On one hand, with all of them here and Olivia to give them even a slight advance warning, they were a formidable collection of trainer/partner pairs. On the other hand, this foe was powerful, taking on even the mythicals and getting stronger still by the day. If it thought it could incapacitate the entire room at once, would it try? A few people had already been taken straight from the dorms, so despite their sheer numbers, Kimiko was still on edge. How anyone managed to get any sleep this last week was something of a miracle.

She'd brought the book with her tonight. She hadn't yet gotten the chance to talk to Odette one-on-one, but it was probably best to fill in everyone at once on this point, anyway. So when the floor was opened, she cast a knowing glance at her new friend, and stood up. "Well, I don't have any ideas on how to proceed, but I did find a myth that mentions this Golden One in here." She held the book of myths up in her arms. "I think some of us have already guessed, but it does shed some light on just why people are being kidnapped. I don't want to just summarize it and miss anything that might be important, so... I... guess I could read it."

She sat back down, this time on the bed, still somewhat wary of having her back to Odile. But Enora was also nearby, and she trusted the sylveon to keep her teammate in line if necessary. Olivia climbed onto the bed as well and curled up in her lap. She pet her espeon lightly, eliciting a content purr from her partner, as she started to read the myth of the Golden One to the crowd.

It felt strange to have all these eyes on her while she read; she'd been used to it while she was singing or acting, but it had been awhile since she'd done either for an audience, and she didn't consider herself much of a storyteller. Not to mention the fact that this was kind of a somber situation; there wasn't really any need to do any voices or anything. When she'd finished, she looked back up at the gathered pairs.

"First thing that stands out to me is the Rings of Judgment. Sounds like the rings that brought us all here, so... well, with this plus all of the other information we have so far, this pretty much confirms that a hoopa is involved. I guess that brings us back to the question of... is it Orzo? Or some other hoopa?

"It also says that the legends stripped this Golden One of his power... So I think someone had a theory that the missing pairs are somehow being drained of their energy and that's probably what's fueling it now. That kind of lines up with the myth that the Golden One feels threatened by bonds, too."

She shrugged, falling silent again for a moment. "As far as Clink goes... are we absolutely positive Irene's roserade is what poisoned it? Because in that case, why was it around when they were getting attacked? Was it coerced? Or is it also one of our foes? And then, what of the host? Up to now, he's seemed genuinely broken about everything that's happened. I suppose it could all be an act, but I'm having doubts about that."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Well, I don't have any ideas on how to proceed, but I did find a myth that mentions this Golden One in here." She held the book of myths up in her arms. "I think some of us have already guessed, but it does shed some light on just why people are being kidnapped. I don't want to just summarize it and miss anything that might be important, so... I... guess I could read it."

She sat back down, this time on the bed, still somewhat wary of having her back to Odile. But Enora was also nearby, and she trusted the sylveon to keep her teammate in line if necessary. Olivia climbed onto the bed as well and curled up in her lap. She pet her espeon lightly, eliciting a content purr from her partner, as she started to read the myth of the Golden One to the crowd.
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette was pleasantly surprised to see Kimiko stand up first, and it didn't take long for her to figure out why. The girl had mentioned in a text that she'd found something about the Golden King, and sure enough, got to work reading the very legend. All aspects of it sounded in line with what Jirachi had told her, now with a little more detail.

"First thing that stands out to me is the Rings of Judgment. Sounds like the rings that brought us all here, so... well, with this plus all of the other information we have so far, this pretty much confirms that a hoopa is involved. I guess that brings us back to the question of... is it Orzo? Or some other hoopa?
Odette Thinking.PNG
"Truthfully, I'm also stuck on the 'many arms' thing," she mused. "My mum studies magical type Pokemon and I remember her passively mentioning that some Hoopa can change forms, and said forms have multiple limbs...I'd need clarification on that though, because I could be wrong."

"It also says that the legends stripped this Golden One of his power... So I think someone had a theory that the missing pairs are somehow being drained of their energy and that's probably what's fueling it now. That kind of lines up with the myth that the Golden One feels threatened by bonds, too."
Odette Neutral.PNG
For a brief moment, her eyes shot over to Mitch, remembering their conversation from earlier that day. He'd said something about his and the others having some form of energy drained from them, right?

"I was speaking to somebody earlier about that. The malicious entity basically overthrown by friendship now using friendship energy to exact revenge? A little ironic, but I wouldn't doubt it. They have power here, and judging by the way this idiot's picking us off--at night, after apparently blinding and knocking out the targets--they damn well know it."

"As far as Clink goes... are we absolutely positive Irene's roserade is what poisoned it? Because in that case, why was it around when they were getting attacked? Was it coerced? Or is it also one of our foes? And then, what of the host? Up to now, he's seemed genuinely broken about everything that's happened. I suppose it could all be an act, but I'm having doubts about that."
To the next question, she shrugged before gesturing over to Wes. "From the conversation Wes and I had yesterday with the Salandit and his trainer, the trainer, Sigmin, was adamant that that Roserade had a pretty potent poison. So it might be more than just mere coincidence that that Roserade and her trainer go missing, and suddenly two of our biggest suspects are allegedly poisoned."

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̶S̶h̷i̷t̷ ̶w̵a̵s̵ ̶b̷a̶d̷.̷ ̶R̵e̷a̷l̸ ̸b̷a̸d̸,̸"̶ Odile interjected. ̷"̵C̶l̵i̵n̶k̴ ̷w̴a̵s̶ ̸a̷l̷l̵.̶.̴.̶r̴u̷s̸t̶e̵d̶ ̵o̸v̷e̷r̶ ̶'̷n̶d̷ ̵s̴h̴i̵t̵.̶"̵

Odette Neutral.PNG
"Right. So I'm down to a few theories on that front."

She held up one finger. "Our unfriendly neighborhood motherfucker can somehow harvest the abilities of those it takes." Another finger. "That girl Irene and Roserade gave Orzo, and I guess Clink if Clink really working with him, some good fucking payback." Another. "Or, both of our suspects are actually not suspect, and were trying to help with whatever happened, and got caught in the crossfire."

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
It was there that Odile stood up. "̸A̵n̵d̸ ̷I̷ ̵d̴o̵n̶'̷t̷ ̵t̷h̸i̴n̸k̵ ̵M̵r̸.̴ ̵S̴i̶r̴ ̸i̸s̵ ̴l̸y̷i̷n̵g̸.̶ ̸F̶o̶r̶ ̴t̸h̵e̷ ̶m̴o̴s̷t̸ ̵p̴a̷r̴t̸,̶ ̸a̶t̵ ̷l̴e̴a̷s̶t̶.̵"̵she announced. ̷"̸H̴e̸ ̶w̷a̸s̷ ̷p̸r̷e̴t̷t̴y̶ ̸f̵u̸c̵k̷i̵n̷g̶ ̷u̴p̴s̷e̵t̶ ̵a̷b̶o̵u̷t̷ ̷C̷l̶i̵n̷k̷,̷ ̷a̴n̷d̷ ̵t̷h̴e̷n̷ ̴p̸r̴e̸t̶t̴y̸ ̴f̶u̸c̷k̸i̴n̸g̶ ̷h̴a̸p̸p̸y̵ ̷w̴h̷e̸n̷ ̷t̴h̴e̸ ̴f̴l̷o̸w̴e̶r̷ ̷w̸o̴r̶k̵e̸d̷.̴ ̴S̶o̷,̶ ̷h̶e̵ ̴c̴l̶e̴a̷r̵l̶y̴ ̵c̵a̷r̴e̴s̴ ̴o̴r̵ ̵s̴o̶m̵e̸t̶h̷i̸n̵g̷.̵"̷

Her expression became a tad pensive as she went on. ̵"̴B̶u̸t̸,̸ ̴h̸e̵ ̸n̶e̵v̵e̷r̶ ̷m̵e̸n̸t̸i̸o̵n̸e̸d̴ ̶O̴r̶z̶o̷.̸ ̶N̵e̶v̷e̸r̶ ̴b̴r̸o̵u̴g̵h̴t̴ ̶u̷p̸ ̷a̷l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̵r̵y̶i̶n̵g̷ ̵t̷o̵ ̸f̷l̶o̸w̵e̴r̴ ̴o̸n̴ ̵O̴r̷z̵o̶.̷ ̴T̸h̷a̶t̶ ̷H̷o̶o̴p̷a̸ ̷w̷a̵s̷n̵'̷t̷ ̶e̴v̶e̴n̶ ̷t̸h̸e̸r̷e̵,̴ ̵a̵n̶d̵ ̴I̸,̶ ̴b̸e̸i̶n̸g̵ ̸t̶h̷e̴ ̷g̷o̶o̸d̷ ̸s̴p̷y̶ ̶I̵ ̶a̵m̷,̵ ̶d̷i̵d̷n̸'̷t̴ ̶w̴a̷n̸t̵ ̸t̵o̸ ̷l̶o̷o̶k̵ ̶s̵u̷s̷p̵i̶c̷i̷o̷u̸s̴,̴ ̴s̶o̸ ̸I̷ ̸d̶i̶d̷n̴'̴t̸ ̸t̵r̸y̸ ̸l̷o̸o̸k̸i̶n̸g̴ ̵w̴h̴i̶l̸e̶ ̶M̴r̷.̶ ̸S̴i̸r̴ ̶w̶a̷s̴ ̸t̵h̵e̵r̷e̶ ̷f̶a̸w̴n̸i̶n̶g̴ ̸o̶v̷e̴r̴ ̵C̶l̸i̵n̸k̴.̴"̸

Odile Smug.PNG
"̶W̶h̴i̴i̸i̶i̴i̶i̸i̴i̸i̵i̶i̶c̷h̷ ̵i̴s̴ ̴w̵h̷y̸ ̷w̶e̷ ̶n̸e̶e̵d̴ ̶t̸o̸ ̵d̷o̸ ̵s̷o̶m̸e̸ ̶e̴v̸e̴n̸ ̷B̴I̸G̵G̴E̴R̷ ̶s̴p̵y̵ ̷s̷h̷i̷t̴ ̴a̶n̴d̴ ̸b̴r̸e̴a̵k̶ ̵i̵n̶ ̸t̶h̴e̷r̵e̴.̷ ̸W̶h̶e̸n̶ ̸M̵r̸.̷ ̴S̸i̵r̴ ̷i̴s̵n̸'̸t̶ ̶h̸o̷m̷e̷.̸"̵

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"I'm not one to typically go along with my psychopathic partner's out there ideas, but I'm backing this one. I am unironically suggesting that we stage a break-in to that room."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Zack and Jack listened intently to the story. It did sound somewhat like a bedtime story from their earlier years, but the existence of the Mythical Pokémon on the island could’ve been taken as proof of these stories being real.

“So this Golden King thinks that only the strongest can live, huh?” the Farfetch’d muttered, one wing grasping his beak and the other wrapping his legs.

“Bruh.” The Pidgeot leaned back into the wall, wings crossed over his big chest and one leg crossed over the other. He looked in disbelief at Kimiko. “This King is so stupid. I mean, check us out. We’re all buddies here, aren’t we? Buddies help each other. Seb’s been pretty good at helpin’ me with my hero training—and you too, girls, thanks—, and Jack-o’s been a good voice of reason for me. So what if this King wants to kill friendship? We’re gonna show him he’s so wrong.” He chuckled with satisfaction.
"I was speaking to somebody earlier about that. The malicious entity basically overthrown by friendship now using friendship energy to exact revenge? A little ironic, but I wouldn't doubt it.
“Friendship energy?” Seb asked, leaning forward and irking a brow. “I think there was something like that at the Ferrum region. Gaia energy or something, and there were even these ‘Synergy Bursts’ where Pokémon Mega-Evolved. Don’t you need to be on good terms with your Pokémon for them to do that? And I know there are also some who evolve after being good friends with their Trainers, like Buneary, Riolu and Golbat.” He quickly retreated and held a hand over his forearm, averting his gaze. “Sorry, I must’ve rambled. Please ignore me if I said anything irrelevant.” His face became red from the embarrassment.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate would have stuck to the back of the room regardless, but today especially he'd wanted to remain discreet. Worried that he might get called on to recount what had happened to him when he was attacked, "Like I ain't had to explain that shit enough for one fucking lifetime." Hadn't been sure that he wanted to attend the meeting at all, but eventually his desire to stay in the loop won out over fear of having to speak for a crowd. And it wasn't like he was going to actually stay in the infirmary this time; the meeting was basically on the way back to his room anyhow.

Nate dozed off leaning against the wall in a seat as close to the door as he could manage, leaving Mightyena to keep a wary eye on the rest of the group, ready to snarl at anyone who looked inclined to wake him up. It wasn't until one of the trainers Mightyena didn't know started talking about a myth, the one Jirachi had mentioned, that she nosed Nate's hand until he came blearily awake and started scratching her head. Mightyena could only hope he was paying attention. It wasn't like she'd be able to tell him anything he'd missed later.

After that, and a brief detour into a discussion of friendship, the group fell quiet. Some muttering here and there, but no one offering more info. No bold plans to find the hoopa. Nate shifted restlessly, and Mightyena knew he must have something to say, and that he wouldn't want to draw attention to himself by saying it. She gave his arm an encouraging nudge and got another head-scratch in return.

When, still, no one else was talking, Nate finally spoke up, still slouched up against the wall and glaring. "Someone's got to talk to the klefki about what's been going on," he said. "One of you pokémon-talking types, I mean. Maybe it don't know what happened with the poison, either, but it sure as hell knows the hoopa, and probably where it likes to hang. It might know more about what the hell's going on here than anybody. And if it can unlock pocket dimensions or whatever the fuck the legends are supposed to have, then we might need its help to reach the hoopa at all." He scowled. "And I doubt it'd want much to do with us if we just busted in on it while it's resting and started interrogating it. It's probably gonna take a lighter touch than that."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Someone's got to talk to the klefki about what's been going on," he said. "One of you pokémon-talking types, I mean. Maybe it don't know what happened with the poison, either, but it sure as hell knows the hoopa, and probably where it likes to hang. It might know more about what the hell's going on here than anybody. And if it can unlock pocket dimensions or whatever the fuck the legends are supposed to have, then we might need its help to reach the hoopa at all."
Odile Scary 1.PNG
Odile gestured wildly at Mitch when he finished talking. "̵S̴E̷E̵,̷ ̸B̶I̷T̴C̸H̶?̶ ̴T̶H̸I̷S̷ ̵I̴S̶ ̷E̷X̴A̶C̸T̶L̴Y̵ ̸W̸H̶A̵T̶ ̴I̴ ̵W̴A̴S̶ ̶F̶U̵C̶K̷I̸N̷G̶ ̵S̶A̷Y̴I̴N̶G̵ ̷E̸A̸R̸L̸I̶E̵R̴,̵ ̵A̶N̸D̴ ̴Y̵O̷U̸ ̸W̴O̸U̸L̵D̵N̸'̴T̵-̷-̵"̷

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
Enora wrapped one of her ribbons around Odile's mouth. "Use your darned inside voice, my goodness."
"And I doubt it'd want much to do with us if we just busted in on it while it's resting and started interrogating it. It's probably gonna take a lighter touch than that."
Odette Thinking.PNG
That was a good point, though. If they broke in looking for Orzo and ran into Clink, surely Clink would rat them out to Xavian in no time flat.

"I was already assuming we'd need to distract Xavian to keep him away. Perhaps Clink would fall into that too. I don't know exactly what kind of mythical flower was used to heal them, but considering the medicine here is rather top notch, I would have to assume that an herb from a mythical would work fantastically well. If Clink is up and at 'em tomorrow, they might also be lingering around Xavian. But if we really wanted any information out of them, we might need to find a way to separate them while keeping them away from the room..."

Odile Sparkle Eyed.PNG
"̵I̶ ̵H̸A̴V̶E̷ ̸A̸N̸ ̸I̵D̶E̸A̴.̶"̸ Odile blurted, having torn the ribbon off her mouth.

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
"We are not staging a fucking murder."

Odile Scary 1.PNG
She glared violently at Odette. "̷W̴e̴l̶l̴,̸ ̸n̴o̵w̵ ̶I̶ ̷d̸o̸n̶'̵t̶ ̴h̵a̵v̴e̶ ̵a̴n̶ ̴i̸d̸e̷a̶.̵"̸

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Kimiko listened while Odette mused about the myth. "I don't know much about hoopa," - despite this being at least the second I've met now, she thought to herself - "But I do also recall hearing that it can change forms, and that other form does have multiple limbs. And this was back in my own, uh... 'universe' I guess, not something I learned here, so I'm pretty sure that's accurate."

It was also a little ironic, she agreed, the revenge on friendship bonds thing. She nodded along at that.

She held up one finger. "Our unfriendly neighborhood motherfucker can somehow harvest the abilities of those it takes." Another finger. "That girl Irene and Roserade gave Orzo, and I guess Clink if Clink really working with him, some good fucking payback." Another. "Or, both of our suspects are actually not suspect, and were trying to help with whatever happened, and got caught in the crossfire."

That first one was not a possibility that Kimiko had considered, but certainly was frightening if true. "I don't recall that being something hoopa can do, but then, it's a mythical pokemon draining people and pokemon of their friendship energy, so who the hell knows what it's capable of, I guess." So if it could, what threats did they face? Teleportation from the xatu was a glaringly obvious one. Roserade's poison also, although if it were limited to battle techniques rather than natural abilities, maybe that was out. She counted out the remaining missing pokemon in her head - drampa, scizor, ampharos, nosepass, mightyena - but she couldn't think of anything drastic it could have inherited from any of them that wasn't a battle technique.

Then there was the poisoning. "I've been kind of wondering whether or not Orzo is guilty, myself... something doesn't add up. I'm wondering if maybe there's a different hoopa involved here? Kind of insane to think there could be multiple in the same location like this, but does anything on this island make sense anymore?"

Her expression became a tad pensive as she went on. ̵"̴B̶u̸t̸,̸ ̴h̸e̵ ̸n̶e̵v̵e̷r̶ ̷m̵e̸n̸t̸i̸o̵n̸e̸d̴ ̶O̴r̶z̶o̷.̸ ̶N̵e̶v̷e̸r̶ ̴b̴r̸o̵u̴g̵h̴t̴ ̶u̷p̸ ̷a̷l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̵r̵y̶i̶n̵g̷ ̵t̷o̵ ̸f̷l̶o̸w̵e̴r̴ ̴o̸n̴ ̵O̴r̷z̵o̶.̷ ̴T̸h̷a̶t̶ ̷H̷o̶o̴p̷a̸ ̷w̷a̵s̷n̵'̷t̷ ̶e̴v̶e̴n̶ ̷t̸h̸e̸r̷e̵,̴ ̵a̵n̶d̵ ̴I̸,̶ ̴b̸e̸i̶n̸g̵ ̸t̶h̷e̴ ̷g̷o̶o̸d̷ ̸s̴p̷y̶ ̶I̵ ̶a̵m̷,̵ ̶d̷i̵d̷n̸'̷t̴ ̶w̴a̷n̸t̵ ̸t̵o̸ ̷l̶o̷o̶k̵ ̶s̵u̷s̷p̵i̶c̷i̷o̷u̸s̴,̴ ̴s̶o̸ ̸I̷ ̸d̶i̶d̷n̴'̴t̸ ̸t̵r̸y̸ ̸l̷o̸o̸k̸i̶n̸g̴ ̵w̴h̴i̶l̸e̶ ̶M̴r̷.̶ ̸S̴i̸r̴ ̶w̶a̷s̴ ̸t̵h̵e̵r̷e̶ ̷f̶a̸w̴n̸i̶n̶g̴ ̸o̶v̷e̴r̴ ̵C̶l̸i̵n̸k̴.̴"̸

Odile's voice made Kimiko jump, causing Olivia to look around in alarm. She pat her head to calm her down, twisting her body around and watching the demon 'mon carefully. "That's... kind of bizarre, isn't it?" She said, keeping her attention on Odile. "You'd think he'd be just as concerned about Orzo as he was about Clink. He didn't ask about a second flower, or to try the first one again, or anything?"
“Friendship energy?” Seb asked, leaning forward and irking a brow. “I think there was something like that at the Ferrum region. Gaia energy or something, and there were even these ‘Synergy Bursts’ where Pokémon Mega-Evolved. Don’t you need to be on good terms with your Pokémon for them to do that? And I know there are also some who evolve after being good friends with their Trainers, like Buneary, Riolu and Golbat.” He quickly retreated and held a hand over his forearm, averting his gaze. “Sorry, I must’ve rambled. Please ignore me if I said anything irrelevant.” His face became red from the embarrassment.

Another voice made her town back to the crowd. The trainer of the strange pidgeot she battled. Seb, wasn't it? "That makes sense. There's plenty of examples of friendship and bonds enabling strength." She looked down at Olivia in her lap. The espeon looked back up at her and licked her cheek before settling back down. "I guess it's possible that it just takes a different form in this universe than any of us are really used to."

When, still, no one else was talking, Nate finally spoke up, still slouched up against the wall and glaring. "Someone's got to talk to the klefki about what's been going on," he said. "One of you pokémon-talking types, I mean. Maybe it don't know what happened with the poison, either, but it sure as hell knows the hoopa, and probably where it likes to hang. It might know more about what the hell's going on here than anybody. And if it can unlock pocket dimensions or whatever the fuck the legends are supposed to have, then we might need its help to reach the hoopa at all." He scowled. "And I doubt it'd want much to do with us if we just busted in on it while it's resting and started interrogating it. It's probably gonna take a lighter touch than that."

Another voice, this time one Kimiko didn't recognize. It came from the far corner of the room, an exhausted looking man and - a mightyena! That must be Mitch. He looked like shit. She'd have to go talk to him at some point, if only for moral support. (Though, based on his tone, maybe he wouldn't appreciate that.)

She had no idea how she could be of any use in sneaking around or talking to the klefki. She looked around, but Steven and Aggron didn't appear to have joined them; they'd been the one to deliver the flower, so they'd have been her first choice to talk to Clink. Still, she made another connection in her mind.

"If we're going to be trying to reach Orzo, and he's still a suspect, anyone who tries should be well prepared for a fight. Honestly, I don't like the idea of any of us confronting him alone, but if we're going to have to be discreet, that might be unavoidable. I know this is kind of a tangent, but... regardless of whether or not Orzo is our 'mon, we all need to be ready. And I think we could use some more firepower.

She held up a small, green whistle to the group. "I know most of us have met at least one of the mythical pokemon here. I - well, no, Olivia - managed to convince Celebi to come and aid us if we get into a fight. But I think we should try to talk to as many others as we can. So... I'm going to try to find Cresselia tomorrow. As far as I know, no one's gone to her yet." [[ @MintyMimix ]]

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Another voice made her town back to the crowd. The trainer of the strange pidgeot she battled. Seb, wasn't it? "That makes sense. There's plenty of examples of friendship and bonds enabling strength." She looked down at Olivia in her lap. The espeon looked back up at her and licked her cheek before settling back down. "I guess it's possible that it just takes a different form in this universe than any of us are really used to."
“Ah, I’m glad my argument was valid,” Seb responded with a bright smile towards Kimiko. “Thanks, Kimiko.”
She held up a small, green whistle to the group. "I know most of us have met at least one of the mythical pokemon here. I - well, no, Olivia - managed to convince Celebi to come and aid us if we get into a fight. But I think we should try to talk to as many others as we can. So... I'm going to try to find Cresselia tomorrow. As far as I know, no one's gone to her yet."
Seb became surprised after hearing those next words. “You actually met Celebi? Man, talk about lucky. I’m now starting to feel like I’m the only one here who hasn’t met any of the Legends yet…”

“Not the main point right now, Seb,” Jack muttered in disbelief, shaking his head.
"I've been kind of wondering whether or not Orzo is guilty, myself... something doesn't add up. I'm wondering if maybe there's a different hoopa involved here? Kind of insane to think there could be multiple in the same location like this, but does anything on this island make sense anymore?"
“Another one?” Zack asked. “Like an impostor? But then again, I remember Wallace said somethin’ about berry dyes. Pink and gray ones, if I’m not wrong, which are the same colors as that Orzo dude.” He looked down at his Farfetch’d friend. “And you said that the gold part might be the portal rings that took us to the boat, right, Jack-o?”

“Oh, right, I remember.” Jack nodded briefly. “The witnesses said they saw some gold after someone was kidnapped. And instead of footprints, there were these gray flakes at every crime scene. I don’t know if it’s an impostor, but that might not be the case.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Truthfully, I'm also stuck on the 'many arms' thing," she mused. "My mum studies magical type Pokemon and I remember her passively mentioning that some Hoopa can change forms, and said forms have multiple limbs...I'd need clarification on that though, because I could be wrong."
"I don't know much about hoopa,"
"Oh! I know a bunch about Hoopa!" Coleane said, fanning her wings out. "I studied Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and their Mythicals for a project in school once!"

"Hoopa is Palkia's Mythical, and like with all Mythicals, there's two of them! One looks like Orzo, and the other looks golden! They both had their power sealed away long long ago in my world, and it was put into something called a Prison Bottle! When a Hoopa has their Prison Bottle, they can become their Unbound form, which is Psychic/Dark! They're both said to be on the Sand Continent in my world, and Team Travelers found the one who looked like Orzo! They even recruited them! Nobody has seen the golden one, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom