• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

DMJ: To Save a Kingdom - Character Submission

Vizaryll

Youngster
Hi all, back again.

Planning is progressing wonderfully on my story (-a little too well, if I'm being honest. Perhaps it's the lockdown?) Please refer to this thread to get an idea of what kind of story it is I'm creating. (LINK)
It's now time for me to start planning the multitude of OC characters that will go into my story.

I'd like to get a wide variety of perspectives and background in my story, so I'm requesting that as many people that read this post as possible please reply with the characters they'd like to see in my story. They can be your own OCs, or some you've made up on the spot. You can include as little or as much detail as you'd like.

Below you will find the format I have built to receive various characters you may wish to include in my story.

Name:

Gender/Sex:

Town/City of Origin*:

Team (when encountered)**:

Relevant Background Info:

Any Other Info:

*Cannot be Lavender Town, Fuchsia City, or Saffron City, due to plot purposes. (Can include Cinnabar Island).
**Needs to be realistic. I will likely be using the character’s age to determine how old/experienced their Pokémon are. If you would like to add more detail in that section to cover that, you may do so. Due to the requirements of the plot, characters will need to have single-type, Gen 1 Teams. I can make an exception for an occasional Pokémon from another Gen, but you’d have to justify how they realistically acquired that Pokémon in a world where the Tohjo Region is cut off from the rest of the world. For example, Flint Harrison (Brock’s father) toured the Pokémon World to prove his capabilities as a Rock-type Trainer (and Gym Leader). When he visited Cyllage City in the Kalos Region, he impressed the Cyllage Gym Leader, Hugh, enough to gift him with a Tyrunt egg, and Tyrantrum became one of Flint’s signature Pokémon.

Example
Name: Johnathan Deven
Gender/Sex: Male
Town/City of Origin*: Viridian City
Team (when encountered)**: Sandslash (F) (N: ‘Sandy’), Nidorino (M) (N: ‘Quake’), Rhyhorn (M) (N: ‘Wrecker’)
Relevant Background Info: Johnathan is a Trainer with a mysterious past, not much is known about him. A young man, orphaned by the Kanto-Johto war, has a strong dislike of Johto. Not a well-educated man, presumably due to lack of parents, and as a result, dislikes any Johtoans, rather than Indigo Plateau, and Johtoan raiders specifically.
Any Other Info: From conversations with people who know him, his defining characteristic is his fervent passion for following Giovanni’s direction and leadership. He is a follower, plain and simple. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Johnathan will happily take orders, if instructed to do so by Giovanni.

Many thanks in advance!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Sure, I'll give it a shot. Don't think I have the greatest grasp on your setting, but I'll do my best!

Name: Angela Bryton
Gender/Sex: Female
City of Origin: Fuchsia
Team: Venonat (M), Gloom (M), Arbok (F)
Relevant Background: Angela comes from a relatively privileged background, with the opportunity to apprentice under a member of the Fuchsia City Gym and train as an apothecary. She recently completed her apprenticeship and opened a small shop in Fuchsia. In addition to providing some of the ingredients for her medicines, her pokémon offer protection when she needs to leave the city limits in order to gather herbs and other materials that can't be cultivated within Fuchsia itself. An adventurous spirit, she enjoys the chance to get outside of Fuchsia, and occasionally makes trips to Celadon or Saffron to seek out rare ingredients in their markets. Although interested in medicine and healing, Angela isn't a very people-oriented person and prefers working with formulas to having to diagnose and treat patients. In general Angela doesn't concern herself much with politics, and has no real ambition outside perfecting her craft and keeping her shop open.

Top Bottom