• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle shook its head, crossing its arms. Being positive probably wasn't the easiest thing for the familiars to do, but this... darkness hanging over Luz, as Puddle thought it to be, wasn't something good for her. Well, like, maybe it could have been but... that's just getting all that gross genetic stuff in the mix and confusing things. Right now, Luz needed a helping hand or two, and Puddle had at least two to give. Screw science and technicalities!

"I mean, yeah, Brisa grew up, but even if she doesn't need you, I'd wager she still wants you around. I don't think any of our hosts could easily... abandon us, you know?" That last part hung in the air for a moment, and a bit of uncertainty rose in Puddle again. Where... Where was Vix again..?

No, bad head. Focus. Focus...

"And whatever we become, we're still gonna be us. Whether you become a flesh an' blood Zeraora, or turn into an Eternatus, or another Dark Matter like Pops, you're still Luz at heart. I ain't even gonna humor the thought of you bein' a threat to anybody, with that innate heroic heart of yours,"
Puddle said, firm as stone. It believed that with all its being, and if it had to slap a sticky note on Luz's forehead for her to believe it to, then Puddle had a trip to a store planned already.

"Our Pops is literally the embodiment of evil, Mom's a giant space dragon that usually destroys planets, and the both of 'em changed their ways and turned themselves into heroes!" It threw its arms in the air, grinning again, proud. Saying these things felt a whole lot better than just thinking them, it turned out. Puddle figured it should speak its mind more often, it was fun! "We got a few hundred millenia of foresight ahead of 'em, and we have a literal team of heroes as a part of us, and you're worried about being a threat?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
That innate heroic heart of yours.

Luz smiled. That . . . wasn't wrong, was it? When it counted, she threw herself into danger for others just the same as Brisa did.

"It feels good t'be admired," she said, softly. "Guess Brisa always wanted that. So I want it too, only I was born expectin' it. Now I finally get it . . . and it don't feel totally earned, or fair, but it does feel good."

She shook her head, and chuckled quietly at herself.

"I guess yer right. I ain't gonna become some malevolent critter. I reckon I'd be more like Eien, anyhow, yeah? She's kinda like th'Wanderin' Light herself. Good fer her, so long as she ain't in situations like this no more. Thanks fer the reality check on that one, partner."

There was still the matter of her host, though.

I'd wager she still wants you around.

"There must be a reason Brisa ain't spendin' time with me outside of battles," murmured Luz. "I hope there's somethin' I can do t'change that. I want t'change that."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle shrugged, sitting down on the table. Manners would have to wait it looked like. "I got a guess or two. I know you really into fightin' right? And I'm real sure Brisa's the same way. Maybe even more into fightin' than you are... And to be honest, she's fought a few people that even Vix called a "looker," which I think means they're attractive? Maybe Brisa's lookin' for a looker too."

It chuckled, then put it its fists playfully. "I dunno where else a battle junkie would look for someone to be with, you know? And you're, like, family to her. Wouldn't it be weird to always hang out with family when lookin' for a looker or whatever the fuck?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz scratched behind her head and laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, I guess so. She sure is tryin' to make the most of the time she has with those folks as she really cares about, though I don't think looks come into it much. I think Brisa generally likes gals who're . . . strong, brave, and kind. I guess I'm those things, but like y'say, I'm more of a second self, or sister, or somethin'..."

Luz sipped at her new cocktail and was pensive for a moment. The other shade had a point. If Brisa was looking to solidify possible relationships... Maybe the most solid of her relationships, the one to her familiar, just plain wasn't considered at risk of fading. That was the most optimistic outlook. So if she felt like she didn't get the kind of time together she was hoping for...

"I should just ask to hang out some time," blurted Luz. "Gods, it's the simplest thing in the world."

She grinned at Puddle. The relentless optimism the Shadowy shade had faced her with felt like a real comfort. Maybe she couldn't be that was all the time on her own, but it might be a little easier to be like that some of the time if she let a friend supply it once in a while.

"Yer fine company, Puddle," she told them. "We should watch some matches t'gether again some time."

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The grin Puddle put on was quite possibly the biggest one it could muster. For once, it actually helped someone all the way! Like, the right way! No hiccups it couldn't handle, no passive aggressiveness at the end, no sour feelings on either side! Gods, was that feeling a relief!

"I'd love to, sis! With all the runnin' around I've done, I've been kinda missin' watchin' fun fights every now and then! And I know you wanna spend time with Brisa, but if you ever need a bit of confidence to ask Brisa to hang out with her, I wouldn't mind bein' there to help," it said, then pounded and puffed out it's chest. "Not that the great Luz would need a confidence boost, of course."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Nah," said Luz, smirking a bit. "I can handle it, no problem. But I oughta spend my time with my other friends like yer good self, too."

She downed the rest of her cocktail with pleasure, and fantasised for a moment that she got anything out of the alcohol besides taste.

"Sure am glad y'offered to meet up today," she added, giving the scraggy a light thump on the shoulder. "Thanks, pal."

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle chuckled, rubbing the back of its head. "Hey, it ain't no big deal! Just a bro doin' bro things, you know? Helpin' my family out when I can just feels good an' stuff, hehe." It tossed a light punch to Luz's shoulder, managing to keep it mostly in control and hit its mark. "And I'm glad I got to hang with you too. It's been a while, and I was worried, and I care 'bout you, all those things I've said before." At least what it thought it said before, hard to tell with how happy it was feeling in the moment.

"And I'm sure your other friends are worried about you too. But don't you go an' tire yourself out checkin' in on everyone. That's my job, hehe!" It downed the last of its blue raspberry soda, taking one a bluish hue and fruity scent. "I dunno about you, but I'm down for a few more drinks before headin' outta here. Gotta restock my supply and all that. Maybe try that alcohol stuff I see a few of us get."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz smiled, and slid the cocktail pitcher across to Puddle. "Knock yerself out. I'll order some more."

She closed her eyes, and took a long, fake breath. Puddle had got her dead to rights, there. She had been about to contend with checking on everyone in the team. It helped to be reminded that other folks cared about that stuff, not just her. She ought to remember that even after Team Spectrum disbanded, even if God Squad didn't work out, she'd have the other shades, too. A family. Folks she could count on.

"Yer a mighty fine siblin' t'have, Puddle," said Luz.

<><><><><>​

R16 ~ Shiron & Kora

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron had made an habit of hanging out on the bar, ordering drinks and, sometimes, getting blackout drunk.

Not this time, though. He just ordered a soda and sipped it down while mumbling some nonsense to himself.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
It felt strange to Kora how well he remembered the layout of Destiny Village, yet how different it all was to him. Fortunately, at least one place stayed the same: the place that started his crippling alcoholism!

After a deep breath, and making sure his corruption was in check, Kora entered the Cauldron and greeted whatever locals greeted him, not wanting to stick out too much just yet. This was a place to relax, after all, and the last thing he wanted was to be kicked out of here for being himself.

There was, for better or for worse, someone else with corruption inside this place. It wasn't like Kora wasn't expecting some of Team Spectrum to frequent this place, but this wasn't someone he saw when he first showed up. He'd have to try that much harder to contain himself.

"Howdy," Kora said, approaching the big feesh and sitting in the stool beside him, giving him a nod as well. "Name's Kora. Mind if I bother you to drinks?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
The Swampert lowered his head onto the table and let out a long sigh, not having noticed Kora yet.

"Howdy," Kora said, approaching the big feesh and sitting in the stool beside him, giving him a nod as well. "Name's Kora. Mind if I bother you to drinks?"

"Oh, hey. Another Zoroark." Shiron waved as he sipped more of the soda. "I don't mind the company. Somehow, I was expecting Vix but... Nah, it's aight. I'm Shiron. Nice to meetcha!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh, hey. Another Zoroark." Shiron waved as he sipped more of the soda. "I don't mind the company. Somehow, I was expecting Vix but... Nah, it's aight. I'm Shiron. Nice to meetcha!"

Vix? Must've been another member Kora was yet to meet. They didn't sound super strong, but being a part of Spectrum means that they simply had to be at this point. Kora clenched a fist, trying to hide his excitement, but gave Shiron a friendly smile and nodded. "Sweet," That name though, Shiron, ran vaguely familiar, but Kora didn't have the brainpower or the commitment to try and figure it out just yet.

He ordered a drink from the bar, just some regular ol' beer, before turning to Shiron again. "Don't take this as flirty, but do you come here often? I used to drop by myself every now and then when I was last in Destiny Village."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron nearly choked on his drink, managing to swallow it quickly "P-Pretty sure you can't ask something like that and not expect someone to take it as flirty..."

Having finished his drink, he ordered a beer and sighed. "I do come here often. And you were here before? What's that all about?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A sly grin stretched along Kora's snout, which he hid behind a drink of his beer. "Well, maybe you could take it as flirty if you want, don't let me stop you," he purred, then cleared his throat.

Keep it together, stay clean you dumbass!

"A-Anyway," Kora chuckled. "My team and I came by to visit. We're the Miracle Matters, if your Diyem did his job and filled you all in that didn't come to our dropping-in." Something told him that Spectrum-Diyem indeed did not. "I'm basically a retired hero comin' around to make sure you young'uns are up to snuff."

And getting snuffed, huhuhuh--

Bitch. Control.

Another clearing of his throat and drinking of his beer, ordering a stronger lager as he was close to finishing his own. "Apparently we're gonna get some--" Intima--

In Kora's head, it sounded like something get punched in the shoulder.

Ahhh! OK!

"--training. Yeah. We're gonna spar an' all that," he finished, after a split second pause.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...You're a little weird. And what kinda name is Miracle Matters? It sounds... I don't wanna be rude, but maybe you see where I'm goin' with this."

Shiron picked the beer he ordered and began chugging it down until he was out of breath. Then, he wiped some of it off his face. "Right, sparring. I'm gonna ignore the other stuff you said. The flirty stuff."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora snickered, grinning. "Then you're already ready to deal with me and my nonsense for a while!"

"Calling me a little weird is definitely underselling it though, but I am trying to leave a good first impression on someone," Kora hummed, finishing his beer and moving on to his lager. He didn't look to be getting drunk at all, some would note. "And, yeah, Miracle Matters might be a bit on the kiddy side of names, but Team Spectrum? Really? I didn't know I was dropping in to substitute for an art teacher."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I didn't get to pick the name! I don't know who did it, now that you mentioned... most of my interactions have been with a candle." He shrugged, sipping more of the drink and frowning as hard as he could.

"...Color me interested in your-hic "nonsense". At least it's funny."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A candle? Really? Like, a real candle?

Maybe we aren't the only ones with nothin' goin' on upstairs.

There are clearly no other options.

"Yeah, you might not have chosen it, but you sure as hell stuck with it!" Kora laughed, downing the last of his lager and orderin' somethin' even stronger. Whiskey. Speakin' of, it looked like Shiron was startin' to slip under a tad... He should be fine.

"You'd also be the first to be interested with my nonsense, I usually just annoy people so much that they tolerate it," Kora chuckled, stretching out his back. "I do try and be funny with it, it's not like I can easily turn it off whenever I wanna." He paused for a moment, then looked to Shiron again. "There isn't, say, anyone that acts like me, right?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"You'd also be the first to be interested with my nonsense, I usually just annoy people so much that they tolerate it,
"Well, I do like makin' new friends..."

"There isn't, say, anyone that acts like me, right?"

"Not that I know of. Unless you count Soda. But really... You seem to be unique? I have a few friends, but they're not like you. There's like... Vix, the... candle. Chandelure, actually. I think. There's Saltriv, they're a Meganium, there's also Icetales, an Alo-- Wait, you guys don't have Alola. Uh, Icetales' an ice-type Ninetales. And there's... huh."

Oh wait. He didn't really meet up with that many people, right?

Shiron plopped his head down and ordered two cups of beer at once, sighing.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"We usually call Alolan Ninetales just Frostales," Kora chirped. "Plenty of humans showed up in my world callin' 'em that, so if you're more comfortable sayin' that then go ahead." His ears perked up at a few of other names Shiron mentioned too. "Oh! Yeah, I know Saltriv too! And... Soda..." he grimaced, looking away.

He was fine.

Yeah, he can't still be evil, so he's fine.

I sincerely doubt he would be anything else... he is a hero we are talking about, one moreso sane than us... Although we will have to see him in person to judge the damage properly.

Kora nodded very slightly, knowing he was nodding to no one, when he picked up on Shiron's twinge of sadness. The fox sighed, putting on a small smile before patting the fish on the back. "I don't wanna act like I know what this is about, so how about I don't? Now, here me out, let's just drink the pain away."

Kora held up his paws defensively. "I know that sounds like a bad idea, but it could also be fun! Besides..." Kora reached into his mane, pulling out a heal seed, energy root, some bitter herbal medicine, and a water bottle. A large water bottle. "I've come prepared for handling my friends' hangovers. And I don't get all that drunk either so... have at it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom