• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Wow, the guy really wasn't comfortable, huh? Better get to the root of it.

"Different how? Different in a way y'don't care fer?"

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste saw no point avoiding the matter any longer.

"During the whole ordeal with Joule, Icetales and I kept each other going. That night he moved into my room. We promised each other we'd each stay alive so the other wouldn't be alone, so we could keep each other going..."

"The next day it was like it had never happened. Petram notices he can't contact Icetales, then we find out via a badge message from Bahamut that he decided to have Diyem fucking off him to the Voidlands. The poor kid didn't even believe it until Bahamut sent us a picture of his lifeless, petrified body."

He took a moment to calm himself. "I'd love to go back to the trust we had before that, but... It's going to be different."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Ah, there it was. Brisa didn't exactly have much understanding of how real people conducted their intimate interpersonal affairs, but that would easily qualify as romantic in her melodramatic novellas. No wonder Celeste was so hurt.

"I doubt the fella figured he was dyin'," she told Celeste, trying to reassure him. "He still had his body, unlike me an' the rest, so he could return no problem, as I understand it. Still, doin' somethin' like that without talkin' t'you first... I get why that would shake ya."

Not talking about things... It sure seemed easier than having hard discussions, but Brisa was starting to think it guaranteed worse pains down the road.

"Have y'talked to him about it?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Well... a little." Really, in all honestly, Celeste knew what the answer to that question was. He hadn't communicated his feelings on the matter to Icetales. "Not enough, really. He came back in the middle of the meeting about what to do about the Tree of Life, so there were other subjects to address at the time."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa gave Celeste a serious look. The guy had to get past this before it became too hard to address!

"That's one of the stubborn inconveniences of this job, huh? Always havin' a score of pressin' matters to be concerned with. If this matters to ya, though, y'gotta find the time somehow. And I'm sure he'd make time fer you."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yer obviously dreadin' it, but that's all the more reason t'get on with it."

This would go a lot easier if Celeste just got on and admitted to his feelings... Whatever those feelings turned out to be in reality.

"Is there more to this that I ain't seein'? I get that y'ain't used to this sorta hard conversation, an' the two of ya are clearly close, but why's it weighin' on ya this bad?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste's voice lowered into a nervous whisper. "Well... Radiance. When I was high on it, I let my feelings about him develop into something I wasn't ready for. He's in a relationship as of lately, but... I don't know how to go back to seeing him normally."

On second thought, how many ambiguously-girlfriends did Brisa have by now? Maybe he should clarify the complication. "I've heard him speak of the ninetales in his world, they're not polygamous by nature."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
There it was. Romantic feelings, as she'd hoped suspected.

"Ah. That sure makes enough sense; I expect that feels heavy on yer heart, Celeste. ...Well. It ain't like I can claim to have much in the way of romantic expertise, but don't you go sufferin' heartache when y'might have a chance! At the very least y'can get it off yer chest. And... We're all pickin' up new customs from each other an' from Cibus. Who knows how the fella will feel?"

Not that getting things off her chest had worked for her very well to date.

But then, neither had keeping things unsaid.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Wait... You don't have romantic expertise? I... I had thought you were the most experienced on the team?" There's Astrid for sure, I heard what she said as she died. Probably Starr, too... I feel like there were more, but I don't remember.

"I suppose I can't avoid the subject forever, so I may as well be done with it sooner rather than later." This is going to be a mess.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa responded with an awkward chuckle. Was that really how she came off? She'd been kidding herself that maybe nobody had heard her scream what she had at Astrid, and that was why Astrid hadn't been speaking to her, but... yikes.

"When I was a kid, I had a sorta girlfriend fer all of five minutes before my pa broke it up and I never saw her again. An' I've spent an awful lotta time pinin'. But no, I'm no expert. Never actually been with someone in that way, in fact. Whatever gave ya that idea?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Oh, I see, you're an expert at pining, then." He broke into a smirk "Share with me your expertise: How do you deal with it? Is it emotionally exhausting for you, too? Maybe my absol brain's just not wired to deal with this pining. Doesn't really naturally happen, but that's most of tamed life for you."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa rolled her shoulder in a weak approximation of a shrug.

"I guess. I spent four years livin' alone without a soul to call 'friend'. Wishin' I could be intimate with someone ain't so hard, compared to that. I make sure to appreciate the affection and companionship I get from the folks in the posse, remind myself that anythin' I did get would be temporary..."

Gods, everything was temporary. The lessons learned, the pain salved, the strength built, and every single precious friendship...

"But yeah. It is hard. I think it'll always be hard fer just about anyone. I know bein' silent didn't do me any favours, but..." neither did screamin' yer heart out at Astrid, did it now? "Yeah. I dunno. I just don't think you oughta hold it in just 'cause you assume things won't work out."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste counted himself lucky he has Salac back home. Really, she had been the only one that kept him from being as lonely as Brisa sounded... He really did need to make actual friends back home. He hadn't made many friends on Cibus, but he was glad for the ones he'd made.

"I suppose. Though, I don't have many friendships, even here... I fear the thought of damaging one."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Now, that was a sentiment Brisa could related to. Even if time and circumstance had made it clear that she did have firm friends on Cibus, the idea that she could drive them away still brought a cold dread up in her chest. But if Celeste and her both felt that desire to stay friends, surely that would secure their friendship?

"Well, I hope you count me among yer friends, Celeste. An' if ever there's trouble betwixt us, y'can believe we'll sort it out. I... Y'know, I get it. I have more friendships here than I ever expected, but I'm still afraid of losin' 'em. So just remember, you mean somethin' to me too."

She hoped that was enough. Smiling at her friend in a familiar place, it seemed like maybe it would.

<><><><><>​

R11 - Dave and Soda Discuss World Bureaucracy

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Once again, Soda found himself at the bar, feeling something between irritable and relieved and maybe even a little fired up. He ordered his usual drink and decided to get fancy this time, grabbing some expensive wings and a burger. Feeling generous, he even offered to grab something for Dave as well, mentioning something about a bigger appetite now that he'd evolved. Not that it meant anything--it all went to the same tab.

"God, what a day," Soda muttered, slouching in his cushioned seat in the quiet corner of the bar.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
After dropping Saltriv off at the infirmary, having a berry to recover a bit of his strength, and confirming with Mia that she was fine and training, Dave'd headed for the Cauldron. Somewhere along the way Shadow had quietly disappeared. The corruption, the cold buzzing sensation, had slowly faded, but something of it lingered, of the alien thoughts that'd gone through his head, at the battle against Red and again now.

Nothing a stiff drink or two couldn't fix.

Meeting Soda at the bar was incidental but not unwelcome. The forest had sure been a time for him. They could talk about that. Unexpectedly, though, he actually seemed in a much better mood than last time they'd talked, offered to get him food and all. Well, Dave wasn't complaining.

"You can say that again," he said, wolfing down spicy wings alongside his favorite of the Cauldron's beers. He kept an eye on Soda as he ate, on his casual slouch. Something'd clearly gotten him excited about the saving Sword thing, but he'd also gone and specifically looked at Dave to say he wasn't going to talk about why, like he'd been sure Dave'd just be burning with curiosity about this, and fuck that.

Instead, he took a sip of his drink and raised an eyebrow. "So, your partner actually have a thing with Arceus, or did the forest make that one up?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Tch..." Soda didn't like to talk about it, but Dave already knew so much that he supposed others finding out through Dave was better than revealing it to someone sensitive or openly compassionate who'd only make it a big deal. Dave was the best option. "Who knows. I got killed before whatever happened between them became anything, for one. Just that Arceus had her attack me in my sleep, and she didn't seem all that bothered about it the next morning."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Something about that sent a pang of discomfort to his stomach. "Huh. Last time you implied she was fucking possessed or something. So she actually wasn't? Or she was just, what, cool with that? Yeah, I'll let Arceus puppeteer me around to murder my boyfriend, no big deal?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom