• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Oh."

Shiron looked down. Part of him wondered if the same would happen to him, but this situation wasn't permanent... he would go back home, to that place, with those people. He took a moment to look at himself and sighed.

"...I'm not sure myself. I still remember where I come from, I remember everyone, but... I'm not sure if I miss it."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Soda smirked a little at that, but then seemed to hide it with an illusion. "I get that, too," he said. "I think Pine has something similar going on, y'know. Not that he ever talks about it, but you can tell. I think one day Pine just didn't go back... or he didn't have a choice, either. Heh. Funny how that works..." It wasn't very funny. Soda took another drink.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Instead of answering, Shiron took another drink, slowly putting it down, before letting out a hiccup. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Fair, fair. Don't really have anyone to return to, anyway. Bad parents, no friends, that sorta deal. Kinda makes it hard to miss home. At least here I can do something."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"To abandoning humanity! I guess..." Shiron raised his glass, clicking it with Soda's before drinking the rest of it. After finishing with it, he put the glass down, and stared at it. "Well, uh, thanks for the chat. You're a nice guy."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I should get back to the dorm," Shiron nodded, yawning again. "This was fun, though, so feel free to hit me up if you want to do this again."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Sure." Soda waved Shiron off, watching him go before finally looking at the emptied glass. "Yep... No human to go back to anymore," Soda said to himself. "But at least you have a new home to go back to. Figure that's what you want, too."

He took another long, long look at the glass, moving it along the table absently. He sighed through his nose. He envisioned that little, scared Charmeleon from earlier that day. She just wanted to go home, too. Yeah. That was relatable.

"Fuck," Soda grunted, waving so he can make this payment. "Should check on Cannon."

<><><>

R11 – Drinking to the Truth – Brisa & Celeste

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[Brisket > Nazo]: hey Celeste, do you want to get that drink we talked about tonight? I'm free all evening technically - Brisa

[Nazo > Brisket]: Ah, sure. I take it that would be at the X-Eye Cauldron?

[Brisket > Naxo]: yeah, that's my regular - see you at 8?

[Nazo > Brisket]: I will see you there, then.

Brisa got to the Cauldron early and was halfway through a brandy before Celeste arrived at the entrance. She cracked a small smile at the appearance of her serious, concerned absol friend. Had she shared a drink with him before? She didn't think so. It was about time.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Howdy, Celeste. Nice t'be alive an' well, pal."

Brisa put up a paw for service. With her massive new body, it was easy to be noticed, even in the company of some legends. Celeste, meanwhile, was the same as ever. She'd finally just about overtaken him in height. Nice.

"Mulled wine fer me, partner," she told the waiter. "What can I getcha, Celeste?"

Even if drinks weren't on her, they'd be on god squad or the guild, but it still felt good to pay with earnings from colosseum appearances and dungeoneering missions and the like.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"House mago fer my friend. Thanks."

Somehow, wine seemed fitting for Celeste. He was that kind of fella. Had he been okay while Brisa and the rest had been stuck in the Voidlands? How had he taken their revival? Hopefully this wasn't the sort of thing that would fuck him up too badly.

"I gotta say, I've mostly been asleep since I got revived. Not like me, I know. How, ah... How have you been keepin'?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Well, you've been giving yourself some rest, at least. I've been been keeping well enough?"

He tried to think about what kind of things he could talk about with Brisa. Their last conversation was over training. Was that normal bar talk? It was the best thing he could think of.

"I... uhh, figured out what else I can do with Radiance..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Oh, Celeste was ready to open up about his Radiance? Fucking excellent. That was at one an interesting combat topic, an insight into his character, and an opportunity to bond through the trust in sharing such a thing with her.

"Yeah? Let's hear it, then!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"It was shortly after you, err, died. I saw an attack forecasted to hit... Icetales, but I managed to bend it away from him. Towards myself, but I got away before it hit."

It occurred to Celeste that this subject of conversation was veering quickly to territory he wasn't sure if he wanted to go. Oh, why could he not have just asked about the weather?

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
What was it about the way he said the name Icetales...?

"Sounds like a useful technique, considerin' how quick on yer feet you are. You, uh, still uncomfortable with Radiance, or are ya makin' headway on that inhibition of yers?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shrugged off the word with a scoff. It kept coming up, in so many contexts...

"Ain't nothin' wrong with bein' feral," she said, quickly.

Celeste hadn't mentioned the word to her before now, though. And judging by what 'feral' meant when applied to a 'mon like Leg...

"...'Less it means somethin' different on yer world? I've . . . been findin' that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom