• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Sundae Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ugh, Kora. Then a horrifying thought occurred to Koa. What if Kora was his... dimensional counterpart or whatever? He shuddered at the thought. "I know what you mean though. Nothing really feels weird any more," he said with a chuckle.

"Hold on... You guys had a human on the team?" he asked, eyes wide. He tipped his head to the side. "Do you mean like... a real human? Not one turned into a pokemon?"

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Aria nodded. "That's exactly what I mean, yeah. He wasn't too good at fighting, but Diyem's influence gave him a few neat tricks for supporting the rest of us. Oh, and he could take more hits than a couple of us combined. That part... never made too much sense to me."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
It was hard to picture, a normal, ordinary human running around in a world like Cibus, and fighting. Even if humans back home seemed tougher than other ones, this was on another level. He frowned. "What happened to him? I don't remember seeing him when you all arrived."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"Diyem didn't invite him to the reunion party, I suppose. He was ten, and not the best at handling all this blacklight stuff, so... no point forcing him to do it again," Aria said with a sigh, before shaking her head. "Anyways, it's all water under the bridge now. You said you were a trainer, right? What's your story? Diyem seems averse to picking people with simple lives."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I'm just a trainer," he said with nonchalant shrug. "That's all. I mean back home I was trying to catch a legendary so thats uh... weird where I come from."

Liar

Koa ignored the thought. Besides, it was hardly as if he was obligated to spill everything to a stranger. "But other than that I don't think I'm special."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Aria raised a brow, staring at him curiously. Then, she shrugged.

"No one does, and then they get caught up in some crazy shit anyways. But I'll take your word for it," she said, sounding just a touch dishonest, before humming in thought. "Catching a legendary, though. Why?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Why, why, why. It always came back to that.

Koa frowned. "It's hard to explain," he said finally.

Because you can't help yourself? Because you're just like him? Because you want that power?

"A lot of people back home think it can't be done. Legendaries and humans haven't really been partners in a long time, and as far as most people think they can't even be caught. I want to..." his voice trailed off and he shrugged.

You think that will prove anything?

"I guess I want to show people it's still possible. Legendaries and humans can be friends. Partners."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"Catching them seems like an unnecessary step in that process though, no?" Aria asked, cocking her head to the side. "Sorry, it's just something I've only ever had explained to me, and I still don't think I get it. Surely you can prove you befriended a legendary without putting them in a pokeball? And don't they have some other role to serve in the world? Or maybe those are just the ones I'm used to..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa laughed a little awkwardly. Right. Aria was a pokemon, from a world without people. Pokeballs usually didn't make much sense to pokemon from those worlds. "It's a little more complicated than that I guess."

Maybe because you're lying.

"I mean, some legendaries do help keep the balance of stuff, but there's certain ones who sometimes choose humans. Like Reshiram or Zekrom. And there's also ones like perhaps a Latias that don't have a responsibility for anything specific. And..." He sighed and pawed the ground. "There's a lot of reasons for it though I guess."

Weak answer for a weak mon.

He paused. "What are the legendaries from your world like?"

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
His answer was a lot vaguer than Aria had hoped for... but she'd also put him on the spot, and that was an infinitely more charitable thing to blame than him.

"They're... similar to the ones on Cibus, I guess? Oddly personable for a bunch of immortal beings. No Destiny Village or anything, though. My world's always been a bit on the unstable side, so the legendaries are still needed to keep things in check. No retirement home for them, and I doubt they care."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa nodded thoughtfully. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of person he'd have become if he'd grown up somewhere... different. A place like Cibus, or even Destiny Village. Where legendaries were common. "I've never met a legendary yet from my world. But I believe they're like the ones here. They're good and they protect the world from evil. Although I have no idea what their personality would be like," he mused out loud.

It was certainly something he'd wondered about. Would they be calm and collected like Hazard or might they even be earnest the way Echo was?

"So what do you do back home?" he asked curiously. He wondered what sort of correlation there could be in the Diyem's choices of 'heroes'.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I've met them, briefly. And watched them fight in the colosseum." By now he got the gist at least. They were, in a way, not unlike Team Spectrum. Sent to save the world from a crisis.

"Are you an Omen Hero in your world then?"

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"Started out as one, at least," Aria replied with a nod. "My world had a few more things going horribly wrong in the background, which I ended up having to deal with as well. Came out of it with a lot more work on my hands than I'd bargained for."

She blew out a puff of air. "I'm still an Explorer by trade back home, but I often lend my aid to other worlds similar to mine. There's a lot of them out there, and... not all of them survive the Omens by themselves."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa's eyes widened slightly. "You travel between worlds back home?" Was she kind of like the God Squad then? Travelling all over to lend assistance to other worlds?

"Just worlds like yours, or have you ever been to like... a human world?"

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
She gave him a sidelong smile. "Mine's connected to one, as are a couple of the other worlds I visit. So... yeah. You'll find I'm decently versed in human matters, so don't worry about having to explain every little thing you bring up."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Huh, thats interesting." He frowned in thought. "So you're a hero of sorts back home too. You go around helping people."

He knew others on the team disagreed about the heroes aura, but so far almost everyone he'd met seemed like a kind of hero in their own right. Aria certainly fit the bill.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"That last bit's my preferred way of putting it, yeah. The term 'hero' makes it sound a lot more glamorous than it is," Aria said, rolling her eyes. "Even if you haven't been here that long, I'm sure you know what I mean by now. Once you're wrapped up in the actual busywork, being a knight in shining armor kind of loses its charm. Or am I wrong? I've got a pretty colored perspective, so I probably am."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Being a hero is sick! I mean..." he trailed off as he remembered their battles, the nightmares, almost losing Echo, hurting his friends and everything the blacklight had dredged up-

"mostly," he said, his tone slightly more somber. "It's not easy but... I don't really care about the charm or anything. I want to help people."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"Hm." Aria studied him for a few seconds, a ghost of a smile on her face. "...Well, you've done exactly that, and now it's almost time for your last hurrah. That makes you pretty lucky in my book."

She leaned back on her paws, looking up at the sky. "Not being special isn't all that bad, y'know?" Then, a derisive chuckle. "Though that probably doesn't mean much coming from me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom