• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Sundae Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
She paused. “Well, my favorite color when I was human was green. I couldn’t actually see colors but my hair was green so I liked it. Now I think I like red more. Like some of the flowers over there,” she waved a jaw-hand towards them. “Flowers in general are a lot better now… um. Not that they weren’t great before? (Please don’t be offended.)”

R14 – Cuicatl and Owen

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl found herself lingering in the park after distributing the day's cupcakes. She noted that some of the petals Cynthian planted were beginning to bloom into their own plants. So cool. Being able to just create life with a shake of your hands. Or bouquets. Not that she could talk about weird hands at the moment. Cynthian hadn't seemed too interested in her own ability, though. That was strange. Sighted people usually thought that anyone without sight was broken and needed protected like a child. Alice thought you'd be better with scales and fangs (and now that you have those things you know that ellas was 100% correct). Pixie thought your lack of fur made you ugly.

But she didn't like the body that she was born with. You can relate in your own twisted way.

A long shadow fell over a part of the garden. Cuicatl turned to look and saw -- big black dragon. She had to clamp down hard on the urge to fangirl. Owen might not like this body, after all.

"H-hi," she weakly squeaked. It was probably a bit funny to any outsiders seeing a hydreigon look nervous.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, hi," Owen said, pretending to be surprised. He had been tending to the garden on his own, the flame on his tail a gentle and serene hum rather than a battle-ready inferno. One of his arms trailed with Grassy power--likely a residual effect of his older abilities--as he helped revitalize some of the plants that struggled to break into springtime.

"Cuicatl, right? I don't think I've talked to you in a while. Congratulations on evolving, by the way; how has it been, being able to fly and see now?" He could only imagine the amount of adjustments it'd have taken.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"Oh, it's, uh, it's great! I spent a lot of time flying in the weeks after I evolved. Felt so right. Sight's okay, I guess. Never really missed it before but I'm starting to see what the big deal was." She still wasn't sure what to make of it since a lot of her old identity was tied up in being different from everyone else. But she didn't like her old identity anyway so maybe it was best to ignore that. "You're looking... unique these days. In a good way. Black dragons are the best. You been adjusting well?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen's flame grew a little, as did his smile. "Yeah! I think it's been going well! I mean, I have some experience with this size from, uh, a long time ago, so it's not totally novel to me, y'know? But it's been nice. I even have the Dragon element properly when I really focus, too." He nodded, then sighed. "Sight on its own helps for faraway things that you can't hear or smell, at least. But going from no sight to sight must have been tiring at first... Like when I went from no Perceive to having Perceive, I guess."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"I can imagine that was jarring. Suddenly having... information on everything." She idly wondered what he knew about her from a glance. Everything? Nothing? Something in the middle. It made her shudder. It was best to keep some parts of her buried away from prying eyes. "How much does that get you on allies, anyway?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well..." Owen seemed uncomfortable. Perhaps in exchange for reading others so readily, he makes it so others can read him just as well. For allies, at least. "Well... I know how your body is doing. I can tell if there are any hidden wounds or things like that, internal or external. If I know the body type of someone, like I'm familiar with the species, I can also tell how they're feeling if they give off, you know, bodily cues, like tense muscles.

"But I can't read minds. None of this is, you know, psychic in nature. It's all physical, and a little energy-based for reading auras. But I'm not as practiced there." He spoke in a way that was trying to reassure her, since at this point Owen knew that Cuicatl was a somewhat private person. "I, er, I try not to bring it up or mention it, since I know it can make people uncomfortable. I have to be careful with it because it's easy to break trust over stuff like this..."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Owen looked really uncomfortable about the whole thing. Even to someone unused to gauging body language by sight. She... she might've been a hypocrite.

Cuicatl lowered herself to the ground a little more on reflex. Ordinarily it made it so she wasn't floating way above others, but now it meant she was looking up quite a ways. "Hey, um, I get it. I used to be psychic and sometimes people got nervous when they found out. Shouldn't have accused you of something like that."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh! No, no, it's nothing like that!" Owen quickly waved his hands in front of him, and then he sat down to try to equalize the height between the two of them. Perhaps a casual chat was in order. "I wasn't saying you were accusing me or anything! Like, I know it's invasive, y'know? Everyone has a right to be nervous about it. But..." Owen paused. "Yeah. Being 'psychic' is kind of similar, isn't it? I got... lucky with having people who understand and, you know, are used to my power. But telling it to others will probably get them guarded... It's hard to decide to be upfront or secretive about it, huh?"

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"My gift was mostly based in languages. I could talk to people and they would understand, even if we didn't speak the same languages. I would also understand everyone else. Well, almost everyone else..." Other psychics could interfere with her, but she'd only met three: Rachel, Lila, and... It didn't matter. "I could also speak to people in their minds and sometimes hear the words they were thinking about saying. But other psychics could be a lot stronger so people were afraid of us."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "That's actually really cool," he said. "I'd love to know what people wanted to tell me, if they were, you know, afraid to. Even if I can tell how they're feeling, I can't really tell the words they can't say, or are afraid to say. I think you can do a lot of good with a power like that." He grinned. "I hope you can find people who see that, in your world."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom