• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

• It's time for Thousand Roads' yearly one-shot contest! This year we're focusing on the theme of partnership between humans and Pokémon. You have all February to craft an entry--see more details here!

Destiny Village ~ Pasta Plaza

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. weavile
"To buy your food!" Pleo cheered. "It looks really yummy!"

He looked over the different types of Poffins the stand had to offer, before letting out an excited chirp.

"I'd like a whole bunch of those pink ones! So there's enough for both me and Cabot! Maybe some of those red ones too... And, oh! Do you have any with chocolate on them?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. charizard
Nidoking snarled. "You will never be Lugia," he said, squeezing his necklace tighter. "How dare you mock Her appearance." He gestured toward the exit. "No. I don't think you need to eat at this establishment." He thumped his tail again. "Dark Matter ruined my life years ago and I'm not going to simply forgive him over some change of heart. Leave, hellspawn."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. weavile
"E-Eh?!"

Pleo was visibly taken aback by the shopkeeper's hostile demeanor, his beak quivering slightly.

"B-But I really am a Lugia! Just like her! And aren't you supposed to give me what I ask for and then the guild pays for it later? That's how it worked with the Kecleon earlier!"

He beat out his wings in protest, accidently whipping up a small gust of wind in the process that knocked over some of the Poffins in the stand. Pleo watched as the Poffins hit the ground and some went rolling down the street, prompting him to look back at the Nidoking with a sheepish grin.

"Er... oops?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. weavile
Pleo let out a startled squawk and hastily darted away from the shop in a panic. Once he was far enough from the Nidoking he paused, looking back at the shop while he tried to catch his breath. T-This wasn't how things were supposed to go! He'd done the exact same thing as with the Kecleon, so why did the Nidoking get so angry at him? Had... he done something wrong? And if that Nidoking was gonna tell the guild, did that mean everyone else would be mad at him too?

Droplets began to form in the corners of Pleo's eyes as his head visibly drooped, before he slowly began to trudge back towards the guild in low spirits.

Spiteful Murkrow

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him/His
From a nearby alleyway, Kate idly loitered watching Pokémon pass by when she noticed a small, black Lugia trudge past. Why, that was the shade that had been out at the crater on the day that she arrived in Cibus... Pleo, Cabot's shade. Except he looked like someone had just stomped his tail. The Sneasel shuffled out and approached Pleo, giving a curious tilt of her head at him.

"Oh? What are you doing here, Pleo?" she asked. "Something the matter?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. weavile
Pleo looked up in surprise. "H-Huh?! Kate?"

He stared at her with bleary eyes for a moment, unsure where to start, before speaking up in a hitching voice.

"I- I wanted to get some snacks for me and Cabot, but then that Nidoking got really mad at me! He said that I was a hellspawn instead of a Lugia, and he didn't want to sell anything to me! And then I accidently blew over some of those thingies, and he said he was gonna tell everyone at the guild, and then it looked like he was gonna attack me, and- and-"

Top Bottom