• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Pasta Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah. Ain't like we got to bring nothing with us here." And in the end, Owen would end up with even more shit he couldn't remember from Cibus. More people he'd left behind. It was pretty fucked, honestly. "And then there's the whole supervision thing you gotta deal with, too. I know you were, uh, kinda aware of Xerneas for a while. Must have been pretty fucking freaky. Can't say I'm glad I looked. You ain't seen nobody else strange out and walking around like that, have you? You know, anything... weird."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen shook his head. "I should have spoken up about Soda sooner. The fact that I couldn't read him. But maybe I was just... I don't know. Maybe that was Mewtwo's influence keeping me quiet... Or that's just what I'm telling myself. I don't think I should shift blame like that." Owen didn't seem too bothered. Maybe he'd made his peace with it. "I heard that Xerneas--or, the one we knew--He's going by Xernatus by now. Koa helped come up with the name. I think he's feeling better, which is good, y'know? I don't think this was his fault, either. I'm going to try talking to him later, too. Maybe get a strategy going to help us at the Tree. It sounds like most of us are going to confront Maple directly in her Voidlands, but Diyem needs support in the Tree. I think Xernatus can help. It's just a hunch, but... I think he would be able to influence the phantoms to be on our side this time."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well, who the fuck could read Soda?" Nate said. "Or expect to, honestly. With his like actual god-powered illusion. Wouldn't even have thought it strange that you couldn't get shit on him." Xernatus was... quite a fucking name, wasn't it? Nate wondered what the deer-god would think of that one, if they ever fucking found him. "You think so, huh? Kinda weird, isn't it, how that guy can still use Xerneas' powers despite being, you know, not even close to a fucking Xerneas. I mean, that kinda shit ain't stored in the corpse, is it? He must've absorbed some of the guy's spirit too, maybe?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...He might have copied it or something," Owen said. "But Buffet knows a thing or two about spirits, and he seems confident that Xernatus isn't Xerneas, or doesn't, you know, contain him. He's someplace else. Or maybe he's... No, Bean would have told us if that happened..." Owen hummed, thoughtful again. "They might be sealed somewhere that can't be detected. An Eterna seal, maybe. And we're running low on those. There's the Tree, the missing meteor, and the moon. Something tells me Xerneas is sealed somewhere at the Tree, or somewhere near it... and S'more is wherever that meteor went."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well, yeah," Nate said uneasily. "So you're thinking... it's you who'd have to find these things? I get it if you're the only one who can. But if there's some way for other people to recognize that kind of thing, you know. You don't gotta take that on by yourself."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"So it's only a feeling that tells you where they are, huh?" That fucking sucked. "I guess there's somebody like Breaker, or maybe one of the xatu. But. Ain't a lot of time for that, I guess. Were you thinking you'd head to the tree next fight, then? Look for Xernatus while you're in there?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Xerneas," Owen corrected. "...But... I don't really know. I feel like my power would be helpful deep in Maple's Voidlands, but I could also try protecting Diyem. I heard that Bahamut also needs a lot of Radiance to get things going, and if I'm constantly helping Bahamut, I'll be tapping into my Radiant powers for sure. We might be able to work together on that... I think it could go either way."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oh, fuck's sake. Why'd the guy go and pick a name that was so close to the name of the guy he fucking murdered? Nate grunted and tugged at one of his gills. "Yeah, I could see you wanting to go either place. Might not be best for you to head to the tree this time around. But probably we should do our best to find Xerneas while we're in there, if that's where you think he is. So if you ain't gonna have time to do that yourself... Probably a good idea to see if you can give somebody else the old parasite sensor." Nate inspected his hand where it rested on the table. "I think I'm going to the tree myself, so I'd be willing to do it. But I get if you'd rather it be someone else."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "I think they'll figure something out... And maybe I can find a way to describe to you guys what it feels like. If Xerneas is even there, at least... That's all just one big guess." He leaned forward, not realizing how much he loomed over Nate. "Do you think Joule might be able to do some kind of psychic sharing? Or Diyem might be able to do something, kinda like that telepathy, if he really tried?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Jesus Christ, Owen was huge. Nate instinctively pressed himself back against the table, then realized what he was doing and shook the effect off with a scowl. He tried to focus on what the charizard had said instead.

So Owen's suggestions were the guy who was super depressed right now, and the other guy who was also super depressed and not even an actual psychic? Nate rubbed at his gills again. He didn't know whether he wanted Joule messing around in his head on the best of days. The guy wasn't exactly precise. On the other hand, even Owen didn't seem convinced that Diyem had any shot at it...

"Let's ask Diyem first," he said finally. "But Joule's a good backup."

For some value of "good."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "That might be the plan. Actually, maybe I can do that right now. Hey, Diyem?" Owen looked skyward, which earned a few uneasy glances from nearby patrons. By now they knew about Owen, but... it was still a little odd for their heroes to be talking to the sky. The rest, thankfully, was back to his internal thoughts.

Diyem, you can do telepathy, right?

Hello?

...Yes. Yes, Owen. I am capable of telepathy. Specifically with Team Spectrum, but yes.

How about memory-sharing?

In what sense? I'm not the best at that.

Well, I meant more like, I know what it sort of feels like to be near Eterna but nobody else does. Can you share that feeling with everyone?

Hmm... was it pleasant?

Not really...

Then I should be able to find a way.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Sharing shitty feelings, but not happy ones? It made sense, but Jesus. It was like at every turn, some reminder of how much Diyem's life sucked.

Great. Thanks, Diyem.

"And, uh, thanks, Owen." For... sharing your trauma with like twenty other people? Just another day of Cibus bullshit, Nate supposed.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah." Preparation time. A bunch of people were apparently all eager to head off to nightmare hell again, for whatever fucking reason. At least Nate didn't have to worry about getting ready for that. Now that he was thinking of it, though, he did have one thing he needed to get to before they left.

"There was only one other thing I was wondering," Nate said. "Rocky mentioned to me earlier that he thought you were avoiding Flesh for some reason. I guess from what you said earlier that he at least hasn't got turned into a flesh puppet or nothing, but I was wondering if there was anything there that we should, you know, know about."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, uh..." Owen scratched under his chin. "It's nothing important. I think it's just a little awkward, you know, with Soda and all. I don't have anything against him or anything." And, despite everything, it looked like Owen was telling the truth. Perhaps he was just trying to avoid any unnecessary confrontations. "...I don't think Soda's ever going to try to harm Flesh," Owen added.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
An actual mundane reason for something to be going on for once? It was almost suspicious. "Ah, yeah, it's kind of a fucked-up situation. But from what Rocky says, Flesh is a pretty friendly guy. Don't think he'd mind you hanging around."

And it was true, Nate couldn't see any way that Soda would ever want to hurt Flesh. Which could be... useful. Nate scowled, disgusted with himself. "Well, anyway," he said, dropping down from his stool. "Thanks for the chat. I guess I'll see you if you're in the tree. If not... Well, good luck and all."

Hopefully the universe would quit dumping on Owen now that the psychic seal thing was gone. Fucking ridiculous, all the shit he'd had to put up with. Nate glanced back at him before taking off. Maybe now that he was so goddamned big, whatever assholes wanted to mess with him would just go elsewhere. Had to be nice.

<><><>​

R14: Petram, Luz and Soul

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul was getting better at being in public as she changed. For a while after speaking with Luz, her rate of change hade accelerated. Her false fur had become false chitin. Her tails had become plated and bony instead of soft. Her chest was receding, leaving a ribcage like a normal Eternatus.

Combined with her Ninetales shape, it looked far more morbid than she may have preferred. If anyone saw her body without getting a good look at her head, they could well mistake her for a skeleton. Soul thought that unfortunate. This was a beginning, not a death.

Awkward though her current state was, her progress in changing had stalled out again. The shape of a Ninetales was familiar to her. For one thing, last time she’d tried to fly, she’d failed. That was something she’d preferably learn before giving up her legs.

Still, she couldn’t hide at home forever. She’d tried that a long time ago, and it hadn’t been the most pleasant experience. She noticed people eyeballing her sometimes, a few asked if she was okay, but she dealt with it.

For once, it seemed nothing of interest was happening in the plaza. Perhaps it was around time to retreat to the comfort and relative privacy of the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom