• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
R12 – Luz & Flesh

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The house of Flesh and Soda was an imposing one, to be sure. For Flesh's sake, naturally. Big feller.

Luz pulled one corner of her mouth down, tilted her head, and crossed her arms as she scrutinised the abode from outside. In finding new things to do with herself during this odd lull in activity, she'd happened upon the odd fact that nobody in Team Spectrum had struck up a rapport with Guzzlord Flesh. Not one. A member of God Squad, an 'ultra beast', a mysterious giant! How could it be that no one else had taken an interest?

Well, why not her, then?

She nodded to herself, walked to the door, and gave it a knock.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The whole earth shook rhythmically to the steps of the Guzzlord that lived on the other side. The door lurched forward from his sheer weight as he bumped into it, followed by a scratching, fumbling sound as one of his claws fiddled with the door.

It opened, revealing the massive creature. The living space was a large, craggy space with no lights and a kitchen that was lightly used. Empty paper packaging of instant, heatable foods like noodles and instant steamed meals littered the corner of the main kitchen table. Didn't look like Soda put much effort into cooking...

Flesh made a loud roaring noise that might have been inquisitive.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Ah, yes. The language barrier. Not insurmountable, apparently, but still a barrier to communication that represented a lot of time and effort just to talk to one shy critter. Maybe they could play charades?

Luz smiled at Flesh, and gave him a little wave. "Howdy, fella? I'm Luz, I'm a Team Spectrum shade. I ain't here on busiiness or anythin', I guess I just fancied sayin' hi, makin' yer acquaintance! How about it? Is now a good time fer commpany?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Flesh seemed to understand her. He lumbered back a few steps, then hesitated, like he was unsure. Perhaps he'd never gotten this far before.

A low, chest-shaking growl followed, and the body language accompanied by it suggested he was inviting her inside for tea. Whatever tea was for him.

He gestured to the kitchen, specifically to a fridge that was adorably tiny next to one of his many claw-mouths. Inside, after he delicately pried it open, was an assortment of juices and some leftovers likely meant for Soda. But the drinks seemed unopened.

Meanwhile, Flesh pulled open the storage room between the kitchen and bedroom next. Loud rattling. Then he pulled out an old, round object that flickered with blue light. For a while, he toyed with it, in deep concentration and remembrance.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Thank ye kindly, partner," drawled Luz, as she helped herself to a drink. Juice was nice. It was tasty.

She leaned on a wall and watched Flesh at first, as he concentrated on his device.

"So, what's that y'got there, pal?" she asked, ears perked.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
He fiddled a little more, roaring something at Luz idly, and then suddenly it burst to life. The orb expanded outward and balanced itself on one of Flesh's claws, and a monochrome, cyan hologram appeared. It did not appear to be technology native to Cibus.

The hologram was of Soda. "Hey," it said in a stilted, disconnected voice. "Guzzpeak version 7.1 online. Settings defaulted to: C i b u s."

Flesh growled quietly into the device.

"Gun bought it for me a long time ago from an advanced world. I can only use it here so it doesn't confuse the natives."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz peered at the device and the hologram. What a marvel. And she'd no idea it existed.

"Remarkable! Nobody ever said ya had somethin' like this. I'm sure more folks'd come hang out with ya if'n they had any idea they could hold down a conversation with ya."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz nodded, smiled. Gee, the big guy was kinda sweet.

"Yeah, I think talking in general can be hard. If you can find people with the right kinda patience or whatever else, it's worth it, though, right? Like the fire dragon. He is nice, ain't he? I'm his friend, too. I can be yer friend, if'n y'like. I mean, I might be comin' along with God Squad when they leave this world, then I'd really have t'get t'know ya!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
This seemed to surprise the Guzzlord. He growled a little, and Luz might be able to glean the surprised, curious voice in his tone...

"You are? I thought most of you were afraid of that because of Joule. It sounds scary... He's taking everything about you. I... don't like that... But maybe he won't do that. He's not evil. And he's better now. Maybe it'll work out."

He paused, waiting for it to finish, and then growled some more.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I heard from the fire dragon that his U l t r a S h a d e is afraid of Joule because of that."

Flesh seemed to wince as it struggled to pronounce the unregistered term.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz grimaced. "Many of us are afraid of him, yeah. I'm not. He's done nothin' t'make us scared, if'n ya ask me. Hell, I'm glad t'think that I could be part of him again if I ever wanted that. So, no. I ain't worried about it."

She rubbed her cheek and sighed.

"The fire dragon's daughter is very afraid, even though I've tried to explain it to her. I don't think she'll feel safe until God Squad leaves Cibus. It makes me kinda sad fer her, kinda sad fer Joule..."

And kinda mad that everyone thinks I oughta be frightened. But I ain't. I ain't scared of nothin'.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Flesh drooped a little. "I hope they can get better. I used to be afraid of Joule. But he's just a big bright plush toy. I think he's kind by nature. Even when he's in his weakened form, he tries not to be violent, even though it really hurts. But I don't know how to convince them. Especially because I can't talk to them. Soda isn't good at comforting people, either."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz nodded. "It ain't my specialty, but I can give it a go, I guess. It's just hard not to be a li'l cross with my siblings for bein' so gosh-darn irrational. I know yer right about Joule, though. I never met a 'mon that means so well as he does, I think."

She gave Flesh another smile. "What's this about you bein' afraid of him? I've been wonderin' what yer story was. You an' yer pals, but you're the one that's the biggest mystery t'me right now~"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Flesh fidgeted a little at that. "...Well. Ultra Beasts like me are usually born in the chaos of Ultra Space. I'm no different. But I was... lost for a while. Starving. Our kind are... very hungry. But they helped me handle that in other environments, because I wasn't... normal. I was lonely. My kind aren't usually lonely. So they took me in. Soda especially. He didn't really want to at first. Maple assigned me to him because his illusions kept me from attacking things randomly... and eventually... he tamed me. He took care of me. I owe a lot to him..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Lucky thing they found ya, then," mused Luz. "Can't see as you'd have done too well without 'em. Now that you're part of the team, I take it yer life ain't too bad, huh?"

Luz looked around, casually, wondering what kind of home life these two had, anyway. Would anything about their rooms tell her more?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The vast majority of the space looked like it was meant for Flesh, probably due to his sheer size. The bedroom was dedicated largely to the Guzzlord's resting space, covered in tough-looking cushions that could deal with both his need to bite and gnaw as well as his sheer weight. In the far corner of the room was a small divider that looked more like a cave within the bedroom where Soda must have rested. Questionable magazines peeked out from the corner of Soda's room.

In general, it looked like Soda didn't spend a lot of time at home, but when he did, it was often to keep Flesh company. He didn't seem all that unhappy about it.

"It's been nicer," Flesh agreed. "I wish I could help more. But I'm usually for big combat missions. Soda doesn't want me going with him otherwise. I'm not good at stealth... or speed for his scouting. I haven't been able to go out as much... But at least the terrestrials aren't scared of me in this world."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz squinted at the questionable magazines. What was that Soda feller into, anyhow?

She nodded agreeably. "Yeah, the folks on Cibus sure seem nice. They've accepted the shades easily enough. Weren't hard fer the team and even Dark Matter 'imself t'get in good with the authorities by provin' 'emselves. Kinda place a lot of the team'd like to stay, 'stead of returnin' home."

"Hang on," Luz said, and snapped her digits. "Say! If'n you're comfortable headin' out without an illusion on ya, I'd be happy t'keep ya company on a day's outin'. Anythin' besides missions ya have an interest in?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Flesh seemed to flinch a little at that, his massive jaws widening a little more. And then, he looked outward, toward the streets. "I never got to see the Colosseum before. I only get to see it on the screens. And I also want to go to a forest and eat some of the trees. But Soda says that a lot of the forests are too important for me to eat..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz grinned enormously. "Is that so? Well, I can help with that! I'll find out from someone in the Guild what a good forest might be and I'll spend an afternoon with ya keepin' company while you chow down. As fer the Colosseum... Well, of course I'd be happy to go see a match with ya. So would my gal Brisa, actually. But I'll do ya one better – why don't you'n some of Team Spectrum go toe-to-toe in a real fight sometime? My gal and a couple of her friends are takin' on the God Squad one by one in proper matches. I bet they'd love to battle with ya!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"A-a fight?" Flesh seemed to hesitate. "People are scared of me when I fight. Is that something that's okay to do? Soda said I might have fun with it. But... I don't like hurting people..."

Flesh seemed to be aware of the nature of battles in Cibus. But Flesh was not of Cibus; perhaps like some on Team Spectrum, he did not fully relate to its tendencies.

"Maybe I'll try. But I'm pretty strong, too... Don't feel too bad if I win."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom