• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Oh no. One of those people.

"I see," Maple replied politely. "...You are aware that Eternatus is a threat to the world, correct?"

This was probably some kind of hellspawn that came off one of Team Spectrum's more fragmented members. Who could it be this time?

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The shade shook its head. "Eien is not the true Eternatus. The one capable of offering salvation to all worlds across all universes." Wheezing came from inside its helmet. "But I recognize what she is here for. To bring crisis to a stagnant planet. If it endures the crisis, it will shine with a new, brilliant hope. If it doesn't... then from the anguished ashes of defeat, something truly special will be born anew. Waiting to accept Natus' love."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Oh, Bahamut's.

"I see." Maple would have to have a talk with Bahamut later. "Well, that Eternatus is very far and away right now, possibly an entire plane of existence separating us. We have never heard nor seen an Eternatus of your nature within this network of Ultra Space. Without that connection, something cannot properly traverse. You may be barking up the wrong ethereal tree."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The shade chuckled. "It is okay. Even those who would doubt Natus' power can still receive His love." Its beady purple eyes got even beadier. The wheezing heavier. "Once He is freed from the ether's blasphemous chains, He will bring salvation to Aesir. And with that salvation, He shall breach that which divides all universes.

"It may not be tomorrow. Or next months. Or next millennium." Raspy coughs interrupted it. "But all souls dwelling upon this planet will achieve salvation. In the interim, it needs a hope that will carry it forward until the day comes when Natus will envelop the world in His love and deliver all souls into the Qliphoth."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“What someone as worthless as me chooses to do should be of no concern to you.” The shade’s head twisted fully around. “What are we shades of not tools to augment Team Spectrum? We cannot attack. Our bodies lack stability. We are paradoxes that shouldn’t even exist.

“You know deep down that is the truth. So why should I not seek to be part of something bigger?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Despite lacking pupils or eyebrows, it seemed like Maple was deadpanning at it. With a sigh that expelled a bit of Radiant mist from her nostrils, she tilted her head upward. "Joule!"

"Yes?" someone called from within the home.

"Someone's here to see you."

"Ah, company!" A black, crystalline figure drifted stutteringly out of the home, using the doorframe as support. "Who is it?"

"Someone seeking council with 'something bigger'." Maple slid aside so Joule could see it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It’s fine. I’m used to being questioned. Doubted. Spit upon.” The shade’s head swiveled back around. “It matters not. For I know Eternatus still loves me.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Your current ego is not even a day old."

"Oh, who is this?" Joule asked. "I don't think I recognize this one..."

Leaning out from within the home was a second, much smaller Joule--the light-based segments that Joule was missing.

Maple quietly explained to Joule her guesses, and then, putting a claw to where his chin probably should have been, Joule remarked, "I see... Tell me. You must have a name. What is it?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There is no name needed for a simple tool like me." The shade chuckled. Dry, raspy. "I recognize your tone now. Maple." Its head tilted slowly, squelching against its neck. "My partner is quite... fascinated by you. How similar he views your situations."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"And what will come of those partnerships?" The shade's purple eyes smoldered beneath its mask. "Team Spectrum will separate regardless the outcome here on Cibus."

Another rasping chuckle. "Yes. Team Spectrum is the proverbial sacrifice. Bearing an agonizing despair to deliver a new hope unto Cibus." It slowly shook its head. "Tragic, is it not? They may save Cibus, but they will remember not of it."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Perhaps," Joule replied, humming. "But they will be remembered regardless, and perhaps one day the memories shall return. They have a funny way of doing that, in time, you see. One way or another. And even if perhaps their time together is fleeting, is that not any different from so many other relationships and teams that come together and disband?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Such is the nature of mortality." Its eyes glistened again. "But that is the beauty of Eternatus' love. All souls are given refuge for eternity." Panting gave way to coughs muffled by the mask. "Thus... the heartbreak can give way to a grand hope."

It shook its head. "Not that I would expect deities to understand."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Deities?" Joule asked, humming. "Are we deities? We've been called that before. I'm not much of a Creator, though. And I don't really hold authority over an aspect of any world's creation."

"Well, some call Bahamut a deity, and he denies that quite a lot."

"There is something divine bout the name 'Bahamut,' now that I think about it..."

"Perhaps if we knew what his name sounded like to himself, we'd know for sure," Maple deadpanned. "As it stands, I don't think I can take it fully seriously."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"He can manipulate light, but that is about all he is capable of." The shade stared Maple down. "You warp space and time around you. Such power defies nature's understanding."

It staggered toward Joule and Maple. "It must be so frustrating... to be relegated to the sidelines in this whole affair. Powers rendered mostly useless." It was panting again. "But Eternatus understands the struggles you've endured. He knows you will be stronger for them." It looked between the two. "Your bond has deepened. Your hope has gotten stronger. Kh... khhh... ha ha."

Coughs. Wheezes. "I'm sure He would think it beautiful."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Bit of an odd one, isn't he?" Joule whispered to Maple, who only shrugged dismissively.

"I'm sure there are a lot of things your patron considers beautiful," Maple said, deciding not to comment on the fact that, according to Bahamut, his Eternatus did not feel much of anything. "I do not think you will get anywhere by sending your signs around town, however..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That is okay." Its tone was still cheerful, though raspy. "Eternatus offers love to all, regardless their views on Him. All souls can find salvation within the Qliphoth."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Maple, did we not encounter someone like this a few worlds ago, mentioning the everlasting love of Necrozma while I was wrapped in a giant Mimikyu disguise?" Joule whispered back.

"Not the same." Maple nodded at it. "Well... Null, I'll call you for now. If you would like a proper name later, we will see, but... I suppose I will be letting your host know about you later."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Of course. And he will ignore me.” It still sounded cheerful. “He is a destroyer. Even destroys his own goodwill with others. But I cannot complain. He is misery incarnate. And such misery helps many find His love.”

It turned and shuffled off, saying the very words written on its sign.

<><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom