• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Either because of age or death, Bahamut figured. And that answered certainly suggested Seyka was out of touch with civilization... much like he was. It might have been endearing, except Bahamut had lived amongst civilization before Eternatus messed all of that up for him.

He decided this matter was no longer worth pursuing. "Perhaps I'll just ask a steel-type native to this world instead." Bahamut pointed at Archen. "As to the Ultra Stone, is that not a shade given a form?" He legitimately wasn't sure if Archen had just popped into existence right this minute and Seyka was on such a different wavelength it garnered to reaction... or Seyka had somehow lost the stone. "If the Ultra Stone is missing, that shade shouldn't be able to easily maintain that form. At least, that's what that Chip fellow suggested."

"Maybe he ate it?" Esper thought aloud, earning a glare from Bahamut. "What? You were thinking it, too."

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"No, no, I guess my stone found it's way back to me," Seyka said, sounding annoyed. "But I thought it would be a friend."

The Archen rolled it's eyes, arms still wrapped around the Skarmory's neck.

"Instead," Seyka said. "I got my brother. It's like he never evolved." The Skarmory slowly smiled. "I suppose it's not that bad."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I see." Bahamut wasn't sure if this was yet another messed-up family dynamic to add to the growing list. At this rate, Cabot would be the lone team member without a complicated family situation. Because of course it would be him.

He shuffled back. "I guess... I'll leave you'll two to get reacquainted."

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka nodded. "We'll be fine. I'll just have to deal with it." He looked at the Archen, a strange look on his face. "You're so small Inno. I can hardly remember when you were like that."

The Archen, Inno, grunted. "Mmmm. Remember whatever you want."

"Sorry that I couldn't help any," Seyka said apologetically, "Good luck with taking care of yourself!" He smiled, cursing internally for not knowing their names.

<><><><><><><><><><>​

R8 - The Chronicles of Cibus: The Lion, The Fox and the Crystal Dragon

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…No, this does not seem to be Sir Jirachi’s home, either.”

And that made twenty houses. Icetales stared unhappily at the unknown house, with his head tilted and his tails waving slowly. As soon as he had heard rumors of Jirachi being around and fighting at the Colosseum — Jirachi! Like, a true to gods Jirachi! — he began looking for him while his team worked on some plan to find Sword. As they basically had no idea where to start the research, it was best to leave part of the task to the authorities of Cibus and deities to figure out what to do. In any case, he kept his badge in one of his tails, ready to answer the call whenever he needed.

He moved away from the house, when he spotted a familiar figure walking around the place.

Oh. Him. Their last encounters hadn’t been… without animosity, he had to admit. However, that didn’t mean he couldn’t treat a comrade with respect and cordiality, did it?

After taking a deep breath and shaking his body to chill his bones, he strode toward his companion. “Greetings, dear fellow! What brings thee here in such lovely place?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, wonderful. Just what Bahamut was looking for. One of the allies with a penchant for unrelenting optimism. And he wasn't even entirely sure he was in the right vicinity for what he was looking for. Perhaps Bahamut could just scare Icetales off with his typical brand of nihilism. "Arceus refused to put me to rest. Told me instead to look for a kyurem or a yveltal. We don't have those in my universe."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
…Well, it didn’t take long to make things awkward. That was a new record.

“Oh. That sounds… a tad extreme, Sir Bahamut,” replied Icetales, frowning. “Is this the reason thou art seeking for the deities of eternal winters and destruction themselves? To slice thy mortal coil?”

There wasn’t any enmity directed toward Bahamut. Only genuine concern.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Oh, are they gods here, too?" Bahamut's shoulders sagged. "Fantastic. Just how many useless deities is this planet stuffed with?" He pinched the top of his armored forehead with his claws. ""Arceus just told me to try talking to one. That's all."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Arceus suggested that? How curious. Icetales failed to grasp the reasoning of such recommendation: therapy, counseling or something else? He couldn’t fathom the idea of Lord Kyurem conversing with lost souls, but months ago he couldn’t have fathomed the idea of Lord Arceus engaging folks with juvenile language and attitude. So, who knew?

Regardless, he felt a bit better.

“Hmm, I see… I cannot tell whether they are deities in this world. In mine, they are considered such and have an important role. Lord Kyurem, in particular, preserves the winter and snow in Borealis, which is a blessing for Ice-types.”

He grimaced. “And the Destroyer… the Y name is a forbidden name. Never utter thy name lest thy soul be consumed by eternal darkness.” He paused, took a look around, and sighed. “…But again, the rules of this world are different. I reckon they could be… intriguing individuals.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"A death god, then?" A pensive gray overtook Bahamut's eyes, then. "Perhaps that's why he suggested it. One killer meeting with another." He frowned. "But I fail to see what ice and winter would do to help. In Etherium, the seasons change with the revolving of the planet around the sun. Plain and simple."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales scratched his ear with a hind leg. “Um, well, it used to work like that in my world, before the planet ended up almost destroyed by a mighty invader. Afterward, the world simply… stopped functioning, and the deities had to step up to preserve a semblance of normality.” He sighed. “And it had been in balance, halfway between the dawn and the twilight, with monstrous daemons lurking and wanting to finish the job…”

Then, Icetales brought some tails in front of his chest, glancing nervously at his dark fur. His tainted fur.

“…If I can venture a conjecture,” he muttered, glancing again at Bahamut. “and if both Lord Kyurem are similar in one particular regard, it is that both are plagued by a void inside of them, a bottomless black hole than cannot be filled in any way, after they lost their true and ideal essence. Perhaps… this could be what thou might have in common?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Excuse me?" Bahamut tilted his head. "You're speaking in riddles. 'True and ideal essence?' Just what is that supposed to mean, exactly? And the only voids I can think of are black holes, consuming space and matter until enough stars are swallowed to put a stop to them."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Alas, this is what has been transcribed in legends. There is no concrete answer of what is ‘true’ and ‘ideal’. Just that this essence… disappeared.”

Icetales shrugged. “And yes, I am aware of cosmic black holes. Howbeit, I was referring to another kind of void.” He held a paw over his chest. “The metaphysical emptiness inside of us. Or, in simpler words, a shattered heart and spirit.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then none of that is really of any help to me." Bahamut shook out his mane. "I care not for metaphysical spirit nonsense. It just serves as a reminder that the dead on Etherium are doomed to be absorbed into Eternatus' realm and eroded into a Phantom or, if resilient enought, a daemon."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Bear in mind that these conjectures are based from knowledge of my world,” pointed out Icetales, before rubbing his chin with his tail. “Perhaps those folks have other roles in this world and can be of assistance. Howbeit, thou cannot tell for sure unless thou confer with them, dost thou not agree?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's not exactly easy to find them when you don't even know what they look like." Bahamut scowled. "And I'm not going to go knocking on random doors like some lousy salesmon."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales nodded. “Fair enough. Allow me to help in thy quest, then.”

The Ninetales produced paper and pencil from his bag with two tails, while rubbing his chin with a third tail.

“So, Lord Kyurem is like this… a mask of ice, yes… with some wings of ice here… and I think he had an icy tail? …Yes, to produce some frigid energy. Mostly gray in skin and with a mostly gray humor, from what I have read. Surely he lives in the most frigid area of this island, which could be…” He blinked. “Huh, anywhere, with this winter.”

Icetales checked his sketch, nodded a few times, sketched some extra details and extended the paper to Bahamut. “There. I am afraid I am no good artist, but that should be close enough?” He tilted his head. “Alas, I do not know… huh, the other’s appearance. Nobody wanted to bring misfortune to themselves, so…”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut had no eyelids, but if he did he imagined they'd be lowered for a properly unamused expression. He was not an art person. "Clearly, I'm going about this the wrong way. I should ask someone on Maple's team with more knowledge of the city." He looked down at his forepaws. "Perhaps the zoroark? An illusionist could just whip up a convincing fake."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“That is a possibility, yes.” Icetales withdrew the paper and frowned. “Although, I wonder how that fellow is doing. Being accused just because of his illusory abilities… must not have been pleasant, no.”

He shook his head. “Thou might go ask for help in crafting an illusion of those deities’ appearances, but thou must be ready to get a refusal, especially if he does not desire to interact with any member of our cortège for some time.” He sighed. “It is worth an attempt, but do not push it if he is unwilling to converse, yes?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There's always the library." Esper's voice reverberated in Bahamut's head. He then sang, "If you take a look... inside a book—"

"It looks like I have more work to do." Bahamut turned away. "Goodbye."

As he started off, he stumbled and glanced briefly to his left and right. Yes, that was definitely Diyem's voice he had heard. Logic dictated he go back to the guild, but he was in no mood. Everyone was still dead set on Sword. But if they heard him, too, then perhaps they'd reevaluate their priorities with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom