• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"I do the same thing," Tricky said. "Or at least, I want to when I grow up. They call us Explorers here."

"Ah, yeah. I hear 'explorers' thrown around a lot. It sounds like a lot of worlds have something similar. I guess there are weird problems almost anywhere you go, heh." No getting away from them, it seemed. Someone always has to be watching out for everyone else, no matter the world.

"Out of curiosity, Tricky... why do you want to be an Explorer? What drew you to the idea? If you don't mind my asking, I mean."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
“Owen tarnished? If anyone is tarnishing that name it’s you Wishkeeper.” Fay snapped back at Wishkeeper.
Are you from Greninto's planet or something?

Wishkeeper stared at Fay, frowning in some mixture of disbelief and incredulousness. "Cute." He then glanced to Esper. Less cute, he thought, and then said, "No, I am not from some comic book story. That is Owen, a Shadow, and I am Wishkeeper. We used to have our roles switched, but we are one and the same in spirit."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper blinked. "Oh, I think I get it." He pressed a hand to his mouth, loudly cleared his throat, and spawned a pair of goopy glasses over his glowing, purple eyes.

"Owen actually works a boring, mundane desk job, which is why he's so into his comic books." Esper nudged the glasses. "They provide him perfect fantasy escapes from the humdrum of his incredibly dull life. So, naturally, when Diyem summoned him, he leaped at the opportunity to play hero. But that crush injury that initially cost him his memories led to him adopting a classic shonen protagonist personality to compensate for whatever shortcomings he didn't consciously remember having."

Smirking, Esper pointed the glasses at Wishkeeper. "But now his original memories have manifested." He shook his head. "Not the first time I've seen this plot twist play out but, hey, whatever makes you happy."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wishkeeper blinked, for the first time looking stunned, if only slightly. His usual countenance returned, though, when he sighed and said, "Owen would likely want nothing more than a boring, mundane desk job."

Owen, over his shoulder, crossed his arms skeptically.

And so, Wishkeeper sighed again. "No, I suppose that's not true, either. But it would be an improvement, for a little while."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper nudged the glasses again. "Well then, I'll have to talk to HR and get back to you. See if we have any openings in the 'dense but adorable lizards who wish they were dragons' department. Not a high-turnover area of the company, surprisingly."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You know, until someone hits you with a rock." Esper swayed back and forth, singing, "Sticks and stones can break his bones. Break his bones. Break his bones. Sticks and stones can break his bones because he's fire and flying!"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Dave had tried to go for the X-Eye Cauldron first, but everyone there was telling him they were temporarily closed in favor of this party, which, yes, they assured him, did have booze - so whatever, why not. Maybe Mia'd even find more people to challenge to fights.

And so, they ended up sitting together in a corner, him with a glass of whisky, Mia with a soda of some kind. She lifted the glass up and down with her scythe, no grip at all, just Cibus magitek. Her eyes narrowed to slits.

"This doesn't make any sense."

Dave chuckled, shaking his head. "I know, right." God, he'd missed Mia. (He still missed Mia. It wasn't her.)
A party. Yay. Zane probably liked those. His first two thoughts were if they needed a band, which he couldn’t make any sense out of, and then who was getting the beer, which gave him a sobering insight into his human life. Wasn’t he eighteen? Did he drink underage, or was that just his expectation of a party? No, wait, different places had different drinking ages, so maybe he had just turned eighteen, which was the drinking age in the place in his homeworld, so that kind of party was a new, fun experience for him, but that didn’t explain why he assumed he was too young to drink as a human, but he didn’t even know why he thought he was eighte—

He needed a drink. Curio at least partially convinced him to pretend to try being sociable. It worked out not terrible with Brisa. At least, until his shadow showed up. It hadn’t shown its (his?) face since taking over in the fight, though. Maybe it died when he exploded. The mere memory of that explosion hurt like hell, plus he was still recovering. The nurse told him to take it easy, and his sore everything agreed.

So, drinks. This place had to have a bar—no he wasn’t going to think about why he assumed that—so he looked around. It didn’t take long for his eagle eyes to spot the now familiar sight of spirits and a tender (why the overt alcoholism incited less self-reflection than vague memories of maybe drinking underage did, no scholar deigned to comment), and quickly made his way oh Goddammit Dave.

Little poochy prick talking to his stupid egg shadow whatever thing. This was fine. He could just act like he didn’t see him and take a seat at the only open stool five feet away from Dave fate really wanted to see Zane suffer.

Eyes on the prize. Straight forward. Pretend Dave wasn’t there. He made his way to the bar, smooth as carpet on stilts, sat down and definitely wasn’t thinking about Dave. Wave down the bartender. Wait for the horny mug frother to give the time of day to a girl who’d never give it back. Wave him down more aggressively, “Whiskey, clean, leave the bottle.”

Good. Mission accomplished. Home free. All he had to do was drink, then leave. A simple task too easy for him not to screw up. The back of his mind decided it’d be best to take a look and see if Dave was still there. The obvious answer “yes” unfortunately overloaded it, leaving him half-flinching away as if he’d just seen a ghost.

This was hell, and he was his own torturer. He flicked his gaze forward, faked a cough and mumbled, “Evening.” Good. That was probably more than Dave wanted out of him, so he could drink his fears away in peace. “How’re you?” What the fuck I didn’t say t—

No, you didn’t. So his shadow wasn’t dead. Lovely. I love watching you squirm.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wishkeeper rolled his eyes. "Making fun of someone for their innate type is about as mature as something to expect a schoolyard hatchling. Oh, quit whining, it's only a little mud. What, afraid of mind readers?" He leaned forward. "After all, Cabot here is apparently in line with seagoing. I'd certainly question it, but he's still alive."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot looked around, before turning to Esper with a curious glance.

"Wait, you're Bahamut's Shade, right?" the Cranidos asked. "How come he isn't here?"

He blinked at Wishkeeper's remark, prompting him to give a puzzled look back.

"Huh? What's wrong with traveling at sea?"

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Wait, you're Bahamut's Shade, right?" the Cranidos asked. "How come he isn't here?"
Esper nudged up his glasses again. "Well now, if I gave the class the answer, nobody would learn anything. So why don't you tell the class, Cabbie? Why isn't Bahamut at the party?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I was between that and Chrome Dome. Something told me the latter had been done already," Esper replied.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The poipole turned upside down. "Well, better to be not nice than bored, I always say." He raised his right arm by the side of his head and pantomimed with it. "Yes, I know this is the first time I've said that. You're ruining the moment." Esper slapped his right arm with his left. It retreated back into his torso for a few seconds, before reemerging and... somehow looking sad, despite being a nubby arm.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Oooh, good guess! A for effort." Esper pointed his needles to Cabot's right and painted an unown-A. "But no. I would've thought it was obvious. A grump like him is a certified buzzkill, trained in the art of sucking all the fun out of the room." The poipole leaned on his side in midair. "Guy took one for the team and chose to skip the festivities. Went to visit Maple instead since he figured none of you lot cared enough to do so and others," he splurted out enough black paint to make a doodle of Dave's face, "are secretly hoping she's dead."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Cared?" Wishkeeper frowned. "Perhaps for some of them, but Owen certainly tried to check on her. She needed rest. Soda and Truffle shooed him away, suggesting Maple wasn't even conscious to speak with. I would not be surprised if the same happened to others." Wishkeeper glanced at Esper. "That being said, I'm also unsurprised Bahamut would be allowed through. His attributes could be useful to speed up recovery."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Ha ha. That's a good one. Attributes." Esper flipped upside down and spun around. "He's one-hundred percent the product of being mucked with by this world. He was never a giant space cat back home."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom