• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
l“Well, a fun go-to is truth or dare. It’s simple and easy and usually brings people closer together. I figure if we’re all gonna be a team for a while longer, we can build trust however we can.”

The long pause didn’t go unnoticed by Icetales. Her mind was surely wandering, swimming in the depths of her brain and shooting through memories and mementos.

Hmm. Was that a thing of all ice Vulpix, he wondered? He could see a bit of himself in the way the gaze was lost, the thoughts flourished, and—

Ah! And he was just about to fall to that as well. Focus!

“Truth or Dare…” he parroted, before scribbling down some notes. “I have heard about that, yes. A popular game among goodmons and good ladies.” He raised an eyebrow. “Though, aristocrats despise that passtime. I reckon no one wants to bring dirty truths in the open, and I assure thee that their laundries are always dirty.”

He hummed to himself. “But I admit I am intrigued, and I fully support any activity that shall help us build trust. Let us just make sure to not have… huh, utterly humiliating dares, however. That might be hurtful toward folks’ feelings.”

“Uhhm, besides that, I could find some board games at the store?” She didn’t know where a store was. “…or, er, maybe we could invest in some karaoke?”

Board games… check. He had heard of games like Dungeons & Dragonite which could be fun.

Karaoke… wait, karaoke? Did she read his mind or something? Or perhaps…

Sir Diyem, I sure hope thou art not giving her suggestions. …But while I am at it, I guess thou could join us in spirit during the festival, if thou so desire.

“…I was thinking about a karaoke myself. Some folks back home told me that I have a delightful voice, and often ask me to sing small tunes.” He paused. “I wonder if I should do that here, too…”

Then, his ears flicked. Noises… very distant, indeed, but they were noises nonetheless. Were they approaching civilization?

“Miss Astrid, dost thou hear that? I can… detect distant… voices?”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“—There’s a shop!”

Wow, that was quick. Lost in their discussion, they’d become adrift like the overcast skies. Now they were back in town almost; the unmistakable decrease in space between buildings caught her eye, marking what had to be the city limits. Destiny Tower was this way, too.

“Hmm. Maybe if we keep going, we can find a place that’ll have what we need…”

Minutes of walking and talking later, something else entirely revealed itself. Rising gradually above the carefully designed roads and buildings, a new shape entirely spread itself across the skyline.

The Colosseum was, all things considered, a relatively wide building—especially intimidating, since it still ended up towering over virtually all of the nearby structures. Having quieted down on the way over, Astrid hovered near its entrance, shifting her balance from side to side in anticipation.

Is that… cheering I hear? Is there a battle going on?

“Incredible,” she whispered. Even from outside, she could feel the atmosphere change.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales stuffed a few… dozens of souvenirs he had found particularly appealing in his bag. Figurines of heroes and mythical ‘mons, more than anything.

He had even found a plushie of Astronomer Jirachi in one random shop, which he bought immediately and held close to his cheek with one of his tails. It was so soft, so squishy, so adorable!

…Oh? Ah. There was cheering, indeed. A great crowd, applauding someone for something. He followed the other Vulpix’s gaze and stared pensively at the impressive building.

“…Yes, that appears to be the arena, indeed. Or, well, this world’s equivalent of an arena, at least.”

He took an inquisitive look of his surroundings. Countless stands have been installed around the Colosseum, with some of them selling snacks and beverages of all kinds. However, there was a scent in particular that picked his interest: honey-covered peanuts!

His eyes started sparkling like snowflakes and the tip of his azure tongue dangled out of his lips.

“Oh golly! Oh golly! Peanuts!” squealed Icetales with joy, before sprinting toward the stand and ordering a couple of portions. While he waited for his order, he heard some comments from passerby folks: something about Surf and Turf, and a powerful opponent, and Team Spectrum. He narrowed his eyes and hummed in deep thought, before storing the peanuts in his bag and reuniting with his comrade.

“Well, it appears a member of our cortège is fighting in that arena,” he said, before gazing at the Colosseum. “What dost thou think if we go root for them?”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Yeah!” Astrid was already on the way, but it was clear that the battle was already over. Digital displays planted around the facility showed her the score—three knockouts, two challengers, one Brisa.

“Aww,” she hummed to herself. “I wanted to see Brisa fight…”

Perhaps, if the Shinx didn’t have any other bouts scheduled, she could at least head to the arena and say hi…

<><><><><>​

R5 – Brisa and Cuicatl

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl got out of the dorms for a walk in the evening air.

Bahamut was sad. Even if she deserved it, she wasn't sure that she wanted to end up like that, hung up on a mistake from a thousand years ago. But it was still too soon. Just a few months away from her mistake. He wouldn't have forgiven her. Maybe he never would. Certainly not yet.

She trudged on. It seemed as if there were fewer voices on the street here.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
After a series of fights at the colosseum and a social chat with Astrid and Icetales, Brisa felt the need to get out for a stroll and to explore part of Destiny Village. Stretching her legs was one thing she could never get enough of, but exploring was a fantastic novelty.

'Parfait Way' was like the very poshest and most exclusive part of Treasure Town writ large. The mayoral residence had nothing on this. It was as alien to Brisa as walking on the surface of the moon. At least until she saw a face she recognised. 'Cuicatl,' she believed. Human, she was pretty sure. What else? Pretty young, (probably), Starr's friend, (maybe? sorta?), and... melancholy. Or so she appeared.

"Pardon me, Miss! You're on Team Spectrum, right? Ah, like me! Don't believe I've yet had the pleasure of yer acquaintance."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"How d'you do, Cuicatl? I'm Shinx Brisa. I'm, ah. Tryin' to get to know folks a bit better now it looks like we're in this for the long haul. Care for some company?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nearly gave her empty automatic response, but... she was actually feeling good. She'd had one hell of a time since moving here. And mostly pleasant, despite the crowds.

"Pretty decent, I'd say. Destiny Village ain't anythin' like I'm used to, but it's got its charms. How 'bout yerself?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Mmhmm. Only ones like Dave and Starr and such. I guess I'm half-human or somethin', seein' as how my Pa was a human. Took the form of a delphox. I've heard of others like him, but not many. Figure you're another transformed human, huh? How's life as a pokémon treatin' ya?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Pretty similar to this one, sure. And no, Pa was stuck the way he was. Kinda like Thyme, Pine, and Bone."

Brisa hummed and flicked her tail. It wasn't as if she really knew what being human was like, to compare.

"This seems a decent world to be a pokémon in," she added. "I find myself thinkin' I could stay here."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
A daughter, huh? Maybe Cuicatl wasn't so young. Or perhaps she was, and her troubles were tied up in that. She wouldn't be the first gal.

"Ah, I see. Don't know what that's like, can't imagine I'll ever have kids of my own," Brisa remarked, feeling odd as she disclosed something she'd not said aloud possibly ever, or at least since she was a kid too young to know for sure.

Cuicatl seemed a melancholy sort, and it was hard to tell what would help her. She was human, after all, and humans... you couldn't just offer to fight them. ...Right?

A buzzing from Brisa's badge told her something required her attention. It turned out to be Curio, checking in on her. It was getting pretty late, Brisa supposed. She sent a quick reply—I am out on a walk, and will be returning to the Guild presently. Yrs in friendship, B. Escarpa—and let Cuicatl know she'd be going.

"I gotta get back home," she said. "Have a pleasant evenin', Miss."

She'd sleep well tonight. She'd need a good rest in the event of yet another one of Cibus' many 'incidents'...

<><><><>​

R6 - The Starfall Festival Begins!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Hues of orange and violet filled the sunset sky, with the first shy twinkles showing themselves in the cloud-less firmament.

Azure decorations depicting white shooting stars adorned the stands placed by the locals, with the paths leading to the main plaza illuminated by Luminous Orbs, and the pleasant scents of freshly made food filled the air.

Some of the locals were eager to partake to the initiative and lent a paw or two in any way they could; others needed some little prodding and exchanges of favors before they relented; few of them defined Icetales a ‘mad lad’ for even considering the idea of thinking about festivals after all the recent disasters.

Indeed, the Vulpix had to concede that a festival of that proportion seemed untimely, but if the latest battle said anything, it was that things were going to become much uglier from that point onward. Who knew if they had another chance to relax and unwind after facing the gods of reality themselves and their horrid fusion! What else awaited them, lurking in the darkness?

“So, I suppose everything is ready for the grand event!” chirped Icetales, checking out his note-pad once more. Petram rolled after him, making some cries that seemed a mix between excitement and awe.

“I’ve got to admit it: the rule of the Three Fondues is golden! If only I could bring it back to my homeworld…” He sighed and shook his head. That was no time to ponder about such irrelevant details. “Anyway, it does not harm to take one final check…”

Without wasting time, Icetales picked Petram from the floor and put it on his back, before engaging his full “butler mode”. The revision started!

First stop: the stands of the savory foods. On the left there was an enormous pot brimming with fused cheese — produced with the most exquisite Moomoo Milk he could find — accompanied by aromatic croutons, crackers and toasted bread. Plates and wooden sticks were made available to take the desired portions.

On the right was collocated two pans filled with boiling oil, where anyone could cook morsels of pseudo-meat and pseudo-fish or fry some pieces of floury vegetables at any moment, aided by some metallic sticks and heatproof plates.

The Vulpix lifted the fireproof table cloth: the fire was burning vividly. Coal and wooden planks were stored nearby, in case they needed to revive the flames. However, with so many Fire-type allies in the team, that was more a precaution than a necessity.

“Yes, this is good,” he remarked, writing down on his notepad. Petram trilled with delight — perhaps it was starting to get hungry?

“I shall give thee a little morsel in a while, Petram. Just a little longer.”

With that said, he moved to the stands filled with sweet foods. An impressive fountain of molten chocolate was in the middle of the central table, towering over various trays filled with sliced fruit and berries, S’mores and marshmallows, and pastries of all kinds. Cake slices, muffins, snow scones… different desserts for different preferences!

And last but not least, there was the stand of the beverages, placed at the center of the plaza. Whisky, beer, coffee, tea, fruit juices, fresh water, ice cubes… the vast array of drinks would surely satisfy even the more insatiable tastes. Also, the barmon of the cafeteria had agreed to lend a paw with the beverages, in case folks wanted some cocktail or other sophisticated drinks. Miss Mellow had also offered some of her assistance in choosing the best blends of tea, which the Vulpix greatly appreciated.

“Well, then, I suppose this is all! I appreciate thy work, everyone!” he shouted toward the comrades who had lent a paw, earning some cheers from the locals and his good pals Celeste and Vix, who had helped set the tables and make the fire for the fondues.

Satisfied with the result, he walked toward his comrades and sat by their side, before holding Petram in one tail and feeding it a piece of Oran Berry. The stone dissolved it in a second, before trilling in delight.

“Now it is only time for the others to arrive. Ooh, I am so…” Icetales gulped, “nervous. Hopefully they will appreciate all of this…”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste arrived at the party. He’d excused himself from the final preparations to go prepare himself. His thick winter coat was groomed back sleek, and he’d purchased a bow tie for the occasion, which Cabot had helped him put on. It was a black one, with little shiny silver speckles that looked like stars in a sky of black fabric. He had to admit, the sparkling made it look slightly gaudier than a plain black, but he loved it nonetheless.

He nodded to Icetales. “I am back! It’s all come together quite nicely, if I dare say so myself.”

He’d told the shade it could come, but it didn’t seem interested. He made sure to spend time with it for at least a while every day, but it showed little sign of improvement...

Best not to worry about that now, though. He’d spent enough time worrying himself sick as it was, he’d planned to take some time to relax tonight.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv arrived at the party, wearing a Friend Bow on their neck. Their autumn-red leaf was all cleaned up, almost sparkling in the fading sunlight. They waved with their leaf to everyone who was already there as they entered.

"Hi, everyone!" they greeted with a smile, before looking around at all the decorations and sights. This was going to be so much fun!

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron just arrived at the party, wearing a long, orange scarf around his neck, that gave him a sense of warm. Everything looked amazing! His stomach grumbled. The Marshtomp was hungry after all the exercise he did, luckily, there were tons of options to choose from.

"I really hope the calories I have here won't be sent to my real body," he said, approaching the stand with sweet foods. He always enjoyed them, even when he was a little kid. "Well then, let's go!"

The Marshtomp stopped to look at all the food they had there, and his eyes gazed upon it. Cake! Licking his lips, Shiron took a slice for himself, eating with a fork.

"I gotta give the props to Icetales later, this is incredible!" He looked around, still eating the sweet cake and enjoying every piece of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom