• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's not like I'm a fan of it, either." Nero shook his head. "But I would think a human would understand. If I didn't have all the energy I do... it'd still have to go somewhere. Better it be contained than run out of control." He gestured down the street with a foreleg. "I mean, if this Cibus is anything like the one I visited, this entire incident can basically be chalked up to powerful energies colliding because they weren't properly controlled."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"That's not really how it works where I'm from, but sure. Better in the hands of somebody who's not using it to decide to blow up planets."

Dave let out a long breath and stood up. "This has been great. See you in the fight." Only... He stopped. "What do you mean, a human would understand?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I heard about it from some humans I helped once." Nero glanced at one of the house roofs. "The law of conservation of energy... or something like that. You convert energy into different forms, but that energy isn't just conjured out of nothing and it doesn't get destroyed."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"That's not really how... you know what, never mind." For all he knew, other universes did have physics that actually meant godlike powers running around free wreaking havoc unless somebody controlled them. What a dystopian fucking thought.

Dave shook his head. "Anyway, I'm off. Enjoy this Cibus."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero tilted his head. He got the sense a "You too" wouldn't work in this context. "Have fun napping or something." He waved a foreleg, then trotted off in search of something new to do.

<><><>​

R17 ~ Another Picnic

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Aria had to admit, Parfait Way wasn't very high on her list of places to revisit. Seeing the familiar homes made her want to drop by some of them, despite knowing she wouldn't be recognized. Thankfully, she hadn't come alone. A walk with Ben had led them there, and the upbeat arcanine was more than enough to distract her from such melancholic thoughts.

"—Though I gotta say, it'll be weird having not having our familiars there this time."

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
Ben did his best to suppress a grimace.

"Pff, well, at least Mint's not here to go asking absolutely awkward questions as an icebreaker this ti--"

He cringed. "Nope, I thought I could finish that sentence without wanting to scream. I could not." Ben chuckled awkwardly and then sent Aria a lopsided grin. "Are you sure you don't want to fall asleep on me this time?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"He-e-ey guys!" someone called from the sky. Swirling above them was a great fire lizard, his orange scales and cream underbelly eclipsing the sun for a brief moment as he descended. He tilted back, flicking his tail forward, and beat his wings a few times before folding them in.

He'd folded them a little too early and landed on his rump.

"Ow," he mumbled, then grinned nervously at the two of them. "Hey, sorry. Was in a rush. I didn't hold you guys up, did I?"

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
...Did Owen just mess up his landing?

He gawked at Aria, had...had she invited Owen? He couldn't remember. Was it a surprise?

It was a good surprise.

"Hey Owen!" he greeted. "I'm not sure if I asked this--how does it feel to have legs this time around? Must be a little bit of a relief, right?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah, a real relief," Owen said. "I wasn't sure what to do with legs at first, but then I got used to it." He took a few mock-celebratory steps, then nodded to himself. "It was nice of Diyem to make sure the body was, uh, the right way this time."

He walked along with the duo, adding, "Oh, and I was held up from some, you know, training. Getting to know people more. It reminds me a lot of, well, the one we saved... Weird to think about."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen blinked. "Yeah! Uh, I didn't. And, well, what's a little training hurt anyone, right? ...Aside from the hurt that comes from training, but, you know what I mean..." He shifted his weight, stumbling a little when he walked. Tittering, he added, "I think I overexerted myself a little, that's all. S-so, uh, about the picnic, what're we having? The usual?"

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
Something didn't feel right, though he couldn't figure out what.

"Hey Aria," he said, "You think we can go back to that place? Maybe we can actually go for a swim this time, I'm not gonna chicken out, I'll just get rid of my fire."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Of course Ben wanted to visit the one place she'd been trying to avoid. Aria briefly chewed her lip, before shrugging. "Just try not to get water everywhere. Your fur's pretty much a sponge."

With that out of the way, she turned to follow Owen's gaze. "And yeah, this whole district's got one hell of a maintenance budget... including where we used to live. I went there a while ago, and the houses look the same way ours did when we left them. Made it even weirder to think that we're not the ones living there now," Aria said with a hum, glancing at Ben. "Good times, though. Having just one roommate kept things nice and quiet. Can't imagine how it was for you, Owen, considering... damn, who were you rooming with, again? It's slipping my mind."

Last edited:

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
The last thing he wanted was to remember the time he lived with Aria, and then a recovering Diyem joined them...and what had happened between them. They weren't fond memories for sure. At least it was good times after.

He caught Aria's glance and briefly tensed. Had she caught onto something, too? There wasn't any other reason she'd be asking such a question. "If my fur wasn't a sponge, Aria, I wouldn't have been able to soak up all your teachings."

She was blessed with a goofy grin.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I was... rooming with... uh..." Owen laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "Y'know, I don't think I remember either. I guess my memory's more sealed than I thought after all. Oh well. I'm used to it at this point." He nodded at Ben with an oddly serene smile. "It's nice to relax for once, though, compared to what it used to be like over here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom