• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"What? But like... you're both so long and arm-y! You could totally be like, sisters! Maybe not twins, but sisters!" Vix crossed her arms while her face giggled. She tapped a bunch of random whatevers on the badge, changing the Eternatus into many different colors and stopping at a color scheme similar to Maple. "Almost exactly kinda similar to you!"

Scrafty grabbed Vix's face and slapped it back onto her body, grumbling. "Can you actually fuckin' not, Vix?"

"I mean... I never tried."

"I hate this. I really hate this."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well," Nate said, "That's good enough for me, I think. If Vix couldn't find any corruption to drain from you, then I figure any you got, it's buried too deep to matter." He sighed. Why did it feel like such a red flag when he said that. "There was just one thing I was wondering about. Was it Eien who attacked you, back when you first came to Cibus? Do you remember at all? Some people have been talking about some kind of red storm, maybe... That ring any bells?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple shook her head. "No, sorry. I can't be sure about anything regarding our arrival." She sighed, her arm finally reforming completely. "I think that should be everything for us, though. Perhaps it's time that I return to my report. It's a very important--"

Suddenly, a portal opened in the living room and Joule stuck his head inside. "Oh, Maple!" he called, his voice ringing with excited Radiance, "I found a good spot in a sandbar! Don't keep me waiting, I'm ready to go aaaall evening!"

He sank and disappeared into the portal again.

Maple was still as a statue. A dull, golden glow appeared on her cheeks.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Echo swooped closer. The tone of Maple's voice sure reminded of people who wanted to hide something. Because they were hurting.

But what else could he do?

His brow furrowed in confusion at Joule's words. All night? Maple sure was busy, he supposed, if it would take that long. "You'll tell us, if something is bothering you, right Maple? All of us trust you and we wouldn't hold it against if you if you were corrupted."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Before I do the thing I am about to do..." Scrafty looked at Maple. "And... putting aside whatever the hell Joule wants, can you still heal things, Maple?"

"Why ya askin'? You wanna if she can heal when she an--" This time, Vix was interrupted. By getting thrown into the radiant sphere she had gathered. It didn't explode, but it instead absorbed into Vix. Her body became a writhing, violent figure of pure radiance. One could hardly even see Vix's shape, of they could look at her at all. "Y-You son of a whore!" she growled.

"And you're captain obvious," Scrafty sighed, reaching into Vix's bag. He pulled out her Pokeball, and it quickly opened and zapped her inside. Scrafty, again, looked to Maple. "If she doesn't die-die after she explodes, can you heal her?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple flinched. "I--I can infuse Radiance into people, as I did with Bahamut. That's... as close as I can get to healing. I'm not a proper Voice without a world to live in... Perhaps I can only heal those that were part of my domain, when I had one. I don't think I can heal Shield and Sword, either..." She frowned. "You should... bring Vix somewhere safe to explode. And pray she doesn't die... Your patron isn't available to revive her.

"I will tell all of you if something goes wrong," she said. "If I feel corruption, anything like that. Mm? Thank you for your concern, but... I feel fine. I've been in much higher spirits now that Joule and Sword are safe." She seemed ready to leave.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Echo waved, ready to bid her farewell, when a final thought occured to him. "So now that your world is..." he let his words trail. "Well, now that you help other worlds, how do you choose which worlds to help first? Isn't it hard, to pick which ones need you the most?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm sure I can find somethin' she can explode in, whether she's gonna survive or not is up in the air. You got a lotta radiance, after all. Real damn impressive," Scrafty chuckled. "And terrifyin' as hell."

"Best of luck with... reportin' and all that,"
Scrafty shuddered. "Oh, but one last thing from me before I let Vix pay for her dumbassery. You ain't got some kinda... ability that would unlock someone's memories? Or know of one?" Scrafty looked down at Vix's pokeball, holding it tightly. "Askin' for a friend... or two."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple frowned. "...Not really... but you could try speaking with Breaker." She then addressed Echo. "We save the worlds we happen upon. We rarely find a world that we can't do anything about at all." She gently sliced open a portal in the air. "Goodbye, then," she said. On the other side of the portal was Joule, posing on his side on a sandy beach. Hastily, Maple slipped through and closed it.

"...Y'know, fucked up as it is, they're kinda cute together," Cal murmured.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Dear god. Were all the eldritch monstrosities around here super horny all the time? Nate felt like he knew way too much about what the godlike beings around here were into. It was fucking weird.

There was something off about Maple for sure. Even she admitted it, kinda. But whether that shithead--Soda--was telling anything like the truth, he had no idea. He believed well enough that if there was a problem, Maple didn't know about it herself. Nothing to do but be prepared on his own part, then. "Take care," he muttered as Maple departed. "Catch you at the tree, I guess. And good luck... to all of us."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Well, I guess thats it!" Echo said. There was nothing to be done now, so he might as well catch up with Koa. "Good luck everyone! I'll see you around!" he called, voice decisively cheerful. "Hope Vix will be ok," he added.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow had been going back towards her own home, until the ground rumbled and she nearly tripped. The sound of a shout from the group and Cal flying overhead was enough to get her heading in the direction she was headed-

Raven had been at Destiny Tower. She desperately tried to contact her sister, and hoped she was ok...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Wait, what?" Nate spun around at the sound of the distant explosion, and then the crowd started going nuts, flying or fleeing towards the tower up on the hill. "Goddammit," Nate muttered, looking around wildly. He was going to get fucking left behind again, wasn't he? Cal was taking off, and for a moment Nate thought of jumping aboard, but she was a fucking familiar, he'd probably sink right through if she got distracted. Find out what pavement tasted like off a hundred-meter fall.

He whirled around desperately, and he was probably already too late--but there, Mellow was taking off too, and if he jumped...

Nate took a flying leap and grabbed ahold of Mellow's tail as she started to climb.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Echo took off, speeding towards the tower, his wings a blur. Koa was at the tower, his trainer. He had to protect him.

Koa are you-

That Mewtwo is attacking! I think its trying to take Cola!

Worry crept into the Crobat. Koa was distressed, that much he could tell. He accelerated faster and headed straight for the tower. His friends needed his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom