• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The southern area of Destiny Village held one of the largest buildings in the whole of the city--a great, white building with brick-red markings and designs along the perimeter. Library of Arceus, considered the greatest library in the whole world, was there--a collection of knowledge, tomes, history, and firsthand accounts from eras upon eras.

The library garden allowed for outdoor reading, though most Pokemon seemed to read inside where things were quiet and controlled, with little background noise or wind to disturb them. Within the walls of the library itself, shelves upon shelves of books, articles, booklets, and even historical newspapers spanned the great palace-like architecture, which went up to a second, overhanging floor above them. Clear study rooms populated most of that portion of the library, though there were still books and shelves above, too. And there was no telling how much of an archive there was locked away underground or in some other room...

<><><>

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
During the walk — or, rather, the float — toward the library, lingering light got the better of Bahamut. His crystal form broke apart and he again gained those obnoxious feline features. "I apologize for the sudden change, little one." He still managed to carry Cosmog in one of his hands. "I subsist on light and it seems to have some strange effects on me in this world." Bahamut figured that was the easiest explanation. Though he expected a grouchy retort. Then again, if he'd been turned into a cosmog, he'd probably be a bit miffed, too.

With no clear sense of direction, Bahamut approached the reception area. He found a button with a "Press for assistance" sign. Bahamut did just that and waited for a response.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pitter-patter of something small and four-legged echoed in the quiet library. Then, he got onto his hind legs and craned his next further to get a look at the visitor. "...Oh! Goodness, you're... hmmm... Bahamut! Right, of course. I've heard a lot about you!"

It was a Zygarde, canid in appearance, who cheerfully smiled at the beast of light. "How may I help you?" he asked.

"...Zygarde... working at a library?" Cosmog said, squinting. He seemed tired.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“This little one is looking for literature on the history of Cibus.” Bahamut presented Cosmog to the weird dog with a dragon aura. “Where could I find such materials?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A pile of books on a table suddenly shifted, ranging from culinary textbooks to recipe books by famous 'mon of Cibus. One such recipe book was shut and placed on top of the pile, a collection of desserts made by some popular Slurpuff character and their Aromatisse companion.

"There are a whole lot more to cooking than throwing ingredients into a pot..." Vix sighed. Festival research brought her to the library long before Bahamut arrived, yet she didn't look tired in the slightly. Probably because candles don't get fatigued normally.

"Are we even gonna have cakes and pies?" Vix muttered to herself, turning towards the reception desk. "Oh! Good, er, whatever time it is. I think I lost track. What're you doing here?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, right. The litwick. If memory served Bahamut, she spent most of the last fight as a waxy puddle.

"Cosmog wishes to learn more about Cibus. I am looking after him until he gets his bearings straight." After all, feline or not, he still looked grim enough to likely scare off most of the locals.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"That's really sweet of you," Vix giggled. "I don't know where everything is just yet, but I'd be happy to help you both find whatever you needed. I was getting bored and hungry reading about food, it'd be nice to sink my teeth into some history."

Pfft...

Vix's flame flickered irritably at her accidental pun, yet she had a friendly smile on her face. "Got anything specific you wanna find or just history stuff in general?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I think this strange dog is a librarian." Bahamut gestured to Zygarde with his free arm. It was still weird having six limbs. "He's helping us."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cosmog sighed, but then looked back to the Zygarde. "Where can I find books about this world's recent history?"

"Well, that would probably be just down that hall, check the modern history section," Zygarde offered, gesturing down the right path. "Help yourselves! Be careful with your usual techniques, but the books are all element-proof."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut took Cosmog in the direction Zygarde had indicated and set him down on a table. "Mmm. Encyclopedias, textbooks, almanacs." One book appeared not to fit in with the others. Bahamut grabbed it. "101 Essential Tips for Courting Death (No, Not That Kind)... by Yveltal?"

He cocked his head. What the heck was a yveltal? "I think someone put this here by mistake."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Essential tips for...

Vix felt the powerful urge to take that book for, research. Yeah. Research. "Yeah, maybe. I can go ask Zygarde about it later, but for now..."

She looked through the other books, hoping to find something interesting. "Basic history, advanced history, college... history textbook? Are we in the school section? Not that I'm complaining, more for me at least." Vix kept looking. Surely there'd be something less academic here...

"Oh, hey, a book simply labeled "Destiny Village". And a book on Pokemon Square and Treasure Town. These should do well, I think." Vix placed the three books on the table, with the oldest one being the one Destiny Village. The cover was still very much in tact, but the pages were old and somewhat faded. "If this book was a person it could probably be my grandma. I'll look around for another, newer copy."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut frowned. "Ghosts do not wrinkle and shrivel."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Good thing I'm a candle, hehe," Vix smirked. "Which also... doesn't... You know what nevermind, it was a metaphor anyway." Wise as he may be, Bahamut probably wasn't all that street smart. Or whatever smart dealt with metaphors.

"What exactly are we looking for again? I know I'm not one to talk, but I feel like "history" is too broad a genre for someone to read everything in that genre," Vix asked, still combing through books. "Any specific place or time period in mind?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Ask Cosmog." Bahamut gestured to the table. "Maple already gave us enough a rundown of the big events."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Walk?" Bahamut looked down at the table Cosmog was on. "Erm... how do I put this delicately? You have no legs. You won't walk. You'll float." He crossed his prismatic arms against his back. "Try thinking light, airy thoughts. Balloons, clouds, airheads who can't open their mouths without saying something stupid."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix had to make an effort to not gush about how adorable Cosmog and Bahamut were. Neither of them would've liked it, she felt.

"Alrighty," Vix said as she slid the textbook over. Basic was probably still an overstatement, seeing how the book was just barely as tall as her. "I wonder how far back it goes, it looks kinda tiny for a history book."

Maybe Cibus isn't old enough to have a lot of history. Maybe it was created solely for you and your friends to almost die to the next monster of the week. Maybe it's all just a dream and you'll wake up back on that mou-

For a moment, Vix melted and reformed. She didn't acknowledge it at all. "I guess I'll take a look at that, er, courting book you found, Bahamut. Just to see what it's actually about."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Please do not. I have already seen the hearts Brisa gets in her eyes when she's around Curio." Bahamut's eyes turned red. "Remember, we all forget what happens when we go home. Don't set yourself up for future heartbreak. He paused. "Also, when you inevitably bother this 'Death' person, I don't want to have to scoop you into a candelabra and carry you back to... wherever it is we're now living."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Bold of you to assume I'd be looking in that book for my own personal gain. I'd much rather have a bunch of friendships than anything closer than that." That was only partly true. "Although, depending on who this Death guy is..." Vix wondered what a Zoroark with a scythe would actually look like. A red, crescent blade would fit with that Zoroark a e s t h e t i c. "Yeah, no. You don't gotta worry about me and that stuff."

"And about that forgetting thing..." Vix hummed, opening a book about Treasure Town and skimming through the first few pages. "I'm pretty confident I'm gonna remember this. Which might be good or bad, we'll have to see what happens." She turned through a few more pages. Apparently there was some super-famous Lucario explorer in Pokemon Square at one point. With how rare those are, she wasn't surprised.

"It kinda stings knowing everyone else is gonna forget, though. They won't know what they're missing, for better or for worse."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom