• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Light, airy thoughts?" Cosmog growled, though he did consider it. "Fine. I'm a happy little Drifloon, floating across the w... Oh, give me a break..."

It was working. Cosmog floated several inches off the table, and he couldn't be any grumpier about it.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You're a natural." Bahamut's stone made his bag rustle. It seemed... amused by Cosmog's grumpy demeanor? If this thing hadn't been a boon in battle, he'd probably take it somewhere to set on fire. "Hopefully you should be able to move around a bit of your own volition. In the meantime, there's this."

He plopped a book of recent Cibus history down and it opened up to a chapter about Destiny Village. Though Bahamut wasn't sure if Cosmog would even be able to read it.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix was a lot more interested in Destiny Villages history than Pokemon Squares, admittedly, so she put her book down and floated a bit closer to Bahamut and Cosmog. Sure housing the heroes that saved the world from a giant meteor is cool, but is it father-son bonding cool? Of course not.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cosmog nodded, looking pleased, but then looked down at the book with an uncertain squint. "...This... text," he said. "It's not... it's not familiar to me. I don't know what it's saying unless I... Wait, no, I think I understand it. How does that..." Cosmog sighed and decided not to question it. He paged through some of the text, looking over the introductions and reluctantly allowing others to read with him--though he did not wait if they were slow readers, and he tried to shove, ineffectively, anybody away who tried to crowd too closely around him.

The book was larger than he was, which made turning pages awkward. "It looks like this... Destiny Village was founded by the closest followers and disciples of Arceus during the very beginnings of the era of peace that started when Dark Matter was defeated," Cosmog said. "Don't know who Dark Matter is, but maybe I'll learn more about that later. Hmph... It looks like the main follower of Arceus, the most ambitious one to start this city, was a Pokemon known as Marshadow... It started off as a city meant for Legends to rest and socialize, and rapidly expanded into what it is today. The most advanced city in the world... Made with Legends in mind. Seems to be some kind of slogan... Doesn't sound very catchy. I could come up with much better ones..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Marshadow?" Bahamut tapped a forepaw against the floor. "Fascinating. We don't have those on Etherium, but I saw a few on other planets. Stealing other people's power-ups for themselves. Clever. Diabolical, but clever."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The only reason Vix had to be shoved away was because she was reading faster than Cosmog was, but two or three shoves was enough for her to back off and let him do his thing.

"A city made by Arceus' disciples..." Vix hummed. "I think we have something similar in my world, can't say I know who made it though. And what's a Marshadow? The stealing power-ups sounds... like something I might've seen before. Kinda."

Stealing boosts, stealing bodies, same difference really.

Vix cleared her throat, shaking the thought from her head. "I wonder if there's a page about this Marshadow guy. Actually... do you guys think he's still around?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Probably. Cibus has an abundance of ageless gods." Bahamut shook his head. "A tragedy, if you ask me."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"How can you tell if someone's ageless or they just live a long time?" Vix asked, reading over Cosmog's pom pom. "I have a friend that might be one or the other, and we have no way of figuring it out."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"A god defies the laws of nature." Bahamut leaned over so his face was firmly in Cosmog's line of sight. "And I do not do that." He stood back up and thought a change of topic was in order. "So, do you remember anything yet? Like a name, for starters?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cosmog looked unconvinced by Bahamut's definitions of gods and decided instead to look over the book again. "No. I don't have any recollection of my name yet. Just... go with my species for now--no, not human, that's only going to draw attention. Just... what was it, Cosmog? Go with that for now." He flipped another page. "Now, I don't know much about myself, but..." He glared at Vix, "In the past, I think I preferred reading alone."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut also looked at Vix, eyes and brain prism turning red. "You heard him. Off you go."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix could take a hint, she didn't need two. "Alright, alright, I hear you." She floated back and let out a brief sigh. "It was fun, but I still have food research to do. You two can enjoy reading up on history."

As Vix floated away, she made sure to snag that book Bahamut suggested she didn't read. What's the worst that could come from it?

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Like a grotesque corviknight, Bahamut sat on his haunches, guarding Cosmog and seeing if anyone else would show up.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I hate to break it to you, but your kind is incapable of attacking," Bahamut said. "You learn Splash, Teleport, and nothing else."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, in theory you can open portals and summon pokémon through them." Bahamut grinned sheepishly. "Someone pisses you off, just open a portal and drop a copperajah on them. Not bad, right?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Yes. Specifically it's a response to danger... at least from what I've seen." Bahamut grinned and pinched one of Cosmog's cheeks. "And you're just so tiny and cute, lots of things would be terrifying to you."

... like the giant, light-eating cat with the jagged armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom