• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Hot Cocoa Therapy Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Guessing then you don't know how long it's been around, either." Dave frowned. So they were basically just... interdimensional utilitarians? "How do you decide what worlds to save, and how? Suffering's a pretty universal problem."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Magnitude and scope, is the simple version" Bean said, and it seemed implied that he had no idea how old the organization was, if it even had a proper, measurable age at this level. "Worlds that are in true peril or worse take priority... And worlds where it may spread to other places are another. Right now, this Blacklight crisis is neither, but holds risk for both, which is why I've been reporting what I can so they can monitor it."

"So basically... you guys usually only step in if it's something bad that goes across whole realities, or something?"

"Yes, usually. A single tyrannical god oppressing a mortal population typically resolves itself without us helping."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Figured. "I'm sorry, how does it resolve itself? Hard to get an immortal god to just stop being a piece of shit."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jesus fucking Christ. What a delightful bunch to be the people gods were accountable to. "So, let me get this straight, worlds that are in true peril take priority, but the literal extinction of all mortal life by divine tyranny is small potatoes? I'm dying to hear what you call true peril."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
...Okay, fine, that was worse. Dave clenched his jaw, fuming. "Kinda figured most tyrannical gods would have gone for that too," he growled. "So, what, you spend most of your time liberating Hells?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That's part of the job," replied Bean with a nod. "I'm not at that level yet, though."

"So that's why Overseers don't really step in for us," Owen said, frowning. "I guess it's not bad enough."

"If the Overseers are directly stepping in, you've already lost," Bean summarized. "Dave is right. You do not want to see us interfere. Just for a different reason."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave was silent for a moment. He didn't even know how to feel about the notion that there were so many actual Hells to liberate that they had no time for the mere planetary genocides.

"You say there are vast numbers of you. What happens if there's a spy who slips through the cracks? What could a rogue Overseer do?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Very little," said Bean. "Overseers are not equipped to create more chaos than any other petty god on their own. Rogue groups, those who try to take advantage of the Overseers, they have little impact because we do not have any central leadership. It is a knowledge base that is free-flowing. Any incorrect information is quickly found out."

"Right, because there's no leadership..." Owen sighed, looking at Dave. "...I think... there's no way Bean could be the spy, Dave," he said, right in front of Bean. It seemed too clear at this point that Bean was just not in a position where it was possible.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Like whether he was the spy was even the main thing. Bean might claim all they did was liberate Hell-dimensions, but somehow he wasn't thrilled by the creepy organization of all-seeing emotionless overlords.

All the same, they probably weren't going to get much more useful out of Bean. He sighed. "Fine. Nice chat. Good luck with the Hell-liberating."

With that, he nodded to Owen and turned to leave.

<><><><><>​

R13 – Brisa & Fugu Discuss Godhood

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Howdy, Fugu."

How did you open a discussion about turning into a zeraora out of fucking nowhere? Except, it wasnt out of nowhere, because it made sense, it could only ever have happened that way, it proved—

Not a goddamn thing, an' you know it.

Brisa shook her head, and took the chair meant for Fugu's clients.

"Apologies fer the short notice. Somethin' of note came up."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa gave Fugu her driest smile. "Thank ye kindly. But if'n y'heard about the Lugia match, surely you've heard more'n that. Why I'm here. Nevermind this 'somethin' different' conjecture, there's no way y'ain't heard what I turned into."

She sniffed, and held steady, with her gaze on the beachside visuals of Fugu's office. The thing isnide her seemed too large to talk about. Like it would fall to the ground and shatter if she tried.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded, reverently.

"Yeah. Ain't done it again since, but... I can feel the potential fer it, linin' my skin. I could do it any time, easy as breathin'. Hell, while I took that shape . . . it felt better'n the usual exertion I'm under durin' a fight. Like I could sustain myself fer ever. Painless."

She swallowed, slowly. "I can't tell fer sure if it... If it counts, y'know? Not permanent, still looked more or less like myself an' not Luz... I dunno."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa tilted her head and furrowed her brow. "It don't feel like it, in a sense... But I tell ya, when Starr asked me if it were permanent, I kinda... I kinda hoped it would be, like Owen's transformation. 'Cause maybe that'd mean it were really my true self. It'd prove that I was..."

What a joke.

"That I'm meant to..."

Be the Wandering Light? Y'can't even say it.

"Augh. I guess I just felt like if I changed back, I'd hear 'oh, better stay that way now', 'oh, it was just a trick', whatever. ...Illegitimate."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa scratched her cheek fur in thought, tail tapping the ground in discomfort.

"Well, I sure ain't trained under a zeraora and been ascended. So I ain't earned shit. That's one way of lookin' at it. I didn't become a zeraora I just looked like one 'cause I guess I still secretly think I could take the mantle from Luz someday like a dumb kit."

One paw clenched.

"Did I ever tell you... There's a part of me as feels like I was s'posed t'be in a human body? And I don't even know what that's like. Now I'm fussin' over this. Fuck, I don't get myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom