• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Time passed and people filtered in and out, saying their goodbyes. Rocky was having a fine time catching up with people he hadn't seen in ages. Often because he'd been busy sticking to Nate like glue. The marshtomp himself lurked around uncomfortably, not sure what to do with himself. They were supposed to have come out here to leave, right, not have some endless teary party?

He kept a wary eye on Diyem and Owen. Not going anywhere near there, nope.

His thoughts were broken up by the arrival of a cool wind and... snow? Really? Fucking snow? He reached out a hand and watched flakes drift lazily onto his palm.

Where was Rocky? He'd definitely be--yeah, over there by some of the Miracle Matters people for some reason, having an absolute fit. No doubt he was thinking snowball fights already.

Nate blew out a long breath, watching it mist away in front of him. The snowflakes whirled and danced around. Nate took one more quick glance at Rocky, who probably would occupy himself with talking about snow for the next hour, then back over at Diyem. Fuck it.

He headed over towards the charizard before he could second-guess himself, and then was caught, as always, with how awkward it was to be talking to somebody whose kneecap was way up over your head. "Hey, Owen." With anybody else, he'd have to wonder if the charizard would even be able to hear him from way down here. "I know we don't really see eye to eye or nothing, but I wanted to say, you know. Thanks and shit. You did a lot for the team. And I hope things get better for you, once you get back home."

He looked over at Diyem, who looked comically small next to Owen when he was still in his charizard form. "You, too, you cranky bastard. Take care of all your goddamn kids. And thanks for everything."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I hope the same for you, y'know," Owen said, nodding at Nate. "I don't know much of the details... or any of them, I think... but it sounds like you could use a little luck back home, too. But, hey. Out of all of us, you dealt with the Blacklight and didn't even fully evolve. That's probably got to mean something, don't you think?"

Diyem nodded at Nate. "I'm a family man now, I suppose. Hopefully that nightmare will follow you home."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut wondered what Diyem had meant about poses. Nobody looked very... posed? Imposing? Something like that.

"I'm starting to wonder if Diyem's stalling because he thinks, like, Pop's got one last miracle waiting," Polaris whispered, earning a swat from one of Bahamut's wings. They made a noise akin to a bouncy ball when they struck the ground.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate nodded. "I guess, sure." Well, it probably did mean something. Nothing good, by Nate's guess, but whatever. "And thanks. Little luck for all of us could go a long way."

He smirked at Diyem. "Yeah. Quite a family. More than I could handle, I gotta admit." He shifted uneasily, looking out again at the people ranging around the crossroads. "So, is this it? Time to, ah, strike a pose?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Poses, huh? Wow, alright, this was really it then. What to do... what to do...

As Vix thought about it, Drake finished his ice cream and patting the light fixture on her head. "If it's any consolation, I will waste literally no time makin' fun of whatever pose you do."

"Then I might as well be you so you can clown on yourself one last time," Vix scoffed, punching Drake in the shoulder. "Now buzz off, I'm thinking."

She ended up staying as her Chandelure self, leaning up against Shiron. Like friends do.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Oh boy. He didn't want to be in some lame pose... He quickly shuffled through ideas until he finally decided on something that would be hopefully cool. When the time was right, he knew exactly what he would do -

1638158940645.png

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky came bounding over, and Nate tried to hastily, but discreetly, move back away from the charizard. If they hadn't noticed anything amiss already, he'd prefer to keep it that way.

"Are you leaving? Is it happening?" Rocky looked around at people taking up dramatic stances.

"Yeah, I think this is it," Nate said. "Last words, I guess."

There was a long, uncomfortable silence. "Well, goodbye, Marshtomp. I guess." Rocky made a face. "I hate calling you that. Can't I call you by your real name? Just this once."

"For fuck's sake, Rocky. It ain't my real name. You can't even pretend like you don't get that, you've been inside my fucking head."

The familiar stretched both glowing eyes wide. "Please? This is the last thing we'll ever say to each other."

Yeah, and that's why Nate would prefer to have it be something unembarrassing. But Rocky just stood there, staring mournfully. "Fine," Nate snapped. "Fine, whatever. Just don't be loud about--"

Rocky threw his arms around Nate and hauled him into the air in a hug. "Bye, Great Nathaniel Morgan," he said. "I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss you a lot."

Nate couldn't do anything for a second, both dazed and a little bit crushed by the force of the familiar's grip. Then he reached up to return the hug, undeterred by the way his arms sank slightly into the familiar's gelatinous body. "Bye, Rocky. I'll miss you, too." Someday, maybe. Supposedly. That was somehow even sadder than being able to say it for real.

Rocky didn't seem inclined to let go anytime soon. "Take care, Kid," Nate told him. "I know you'll do great." And, as gently as he could, he pried himself out of Rocky's embrace.

The familiar stepped back, looking teary--those were normal tears, right? As normal as familiar tears could be. Definitely. But he managed to muster up a smile and say, "Now you have to do a cool pose!"

"Not on your fucking life," Nate said, crossing his arms. "You got one request, and that was the name thing. I'm done."

Rocky smiled in a watery way. "I guess it wouldn't be right for you to look cool in your statue."

"Damn straight," Nate growled. He glanced Diyem's way, frowning. What was the hold-up? "Ten years, remember?"

"Ten years," Rocky said, and then again, "Bye, Great Nathaniel Morgan."

Goddammit. He'd asked to say that once.

Nate was going to end up as a very cranky-looking statue.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr had always taken things one day at a time. Nothing lasted forever. God, this was gonna be hard, though.

She'd already spent the past week getting everything out of the way that she possibly could. Starr could've spent months longer just trying random shit, seeing everything there was to see. But Diyem could only keep the team there so long. Time to go home, then.

Home. She missed it so much, and yet... this was also home.

Starr made her way to the crossroads with Brisa and Astrid, laughing and joking around like always. Goddammit she didn't want this to be the last time. Brisa stopped to wave to random fans of theirs about every five feet and Astrid put on one last display as a shooting star overhead. They finally reached the square together and there was everyone. The team they'd lived and fought alongside for the better part of a year.

Starr told half a dozen people to go beat the shit out of their dad when they got back, including people it may not have even been relevant to. (Owen? She’d honestly lost track.) Gave Koa a hardcore noogie that messed up his mane real good. Had a quick farewell chat with Kate and Cabot and wished them good luck with everything back home. Reminded Cynthian that she’d gotten strong as hell and could do it again. Accepted a hug from Dave’s… shadow(?). Waved bye to Nate and told Rocky to bother Lexx as much as possible. Posed for a fire-grass-water photo with Saltriv and Shiron. Grabbed one of the cupcakes Petram was giving out. And what felt like a million other things.

Until finally Diyem was telling them it was time to go. For real this time.

Starr glanced back and forth between Brisa and Astrid and tried to ignore the tightness in her chest.

"Guess this is it, huh?" she said, forcing a smile.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
"So will you please say hello to the folks that I know, tell them I won't be long... they'll be happy to know that as you saw me go, I was singing this song..."

Dill remained standing there hanging his head as he kept singing to himself, still holding Saltriv's vine as his tail flicked. A solemn pose, one he wondered about. Would it be good enough for the future generations here?

...in the end, he could stand here knowing there would be a future here. In that, his pose didn't matter. They'd done their duty.

Despite the still-flowing tears, a little smile appeared on his maw, one that would likely remain there come the end.

...or was it? Whatever the case, where one story now ended, another would begin for Dill today. And with Saltriv at his side... well. Despite everything, he couldn't wait to begin.

"We'll meet again; don't know where, don't know when... but I know we'll meet again some sunny day."

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Wouldn't expect anything less from you."

Brisa chuckled, and gave Aria a peck on the cheek to match the other from the other day. "You take care, partner. You best believe I mean t'see you again. Us demihuman striker gals with too much strength fer other folks've gotta stick t'gether, right?"

A wordless grin was exchanged between them, there was a flash of Radiant threads – I wish we'd had real time together – and Brisa said "Goodbye, Aria." And then they parted.

A gleaming light behind her indicated Luz' arrival.

"Got somethin' corny to say t'me to wrap this thing up?" asked Brisa, mouth turning sharply up at one corner and her eyes prickling, despite her best attempt to stay deadpan.

"Nah," said Luz, in a voice that practically purred with internal Radiance. "You and I've already said everythin' to each other that we need to, darlin'. Besides, never say that it's the end. Gimme a few years, I'll pick up portallin' technique from Joule. You'll see."

You don't know that.

But it was nice to believe.

"You're a hell of an incurable optimist, ain'tcha, Luz?"

"You got it."

But there was a strain in the shade's voice, and rather than hold eye contact, she came in close for another of countless full-strength hugs. Strange how Brisa's first weeks on Cibus had been so distant . . . only for her final days to be spent largely in rib-crushing bewear-hugs from everyone who cared about her. Including in a way, herself.

I'd give ya one too, if it were appropriate in front of all these motherfuckers, came a familiar, sardonic voice from inside her. Brisa laughed.

"You take care, Luz," she said.

Luz winked. "When have I ever done otherwise?"

And then there was...

"Astrid. Starr."

They'd all finished their goodbyes, then. And there they were, standing in a trio the way they'd done a couple hundred times in training sessions and Colosseum fights and meetings and bars and... Gods, was she gonna cry? Now? She smiled at them, and didn't bother hiding her emotion.

Brisa wet her lips. "You guys... You mean so much t'me, I can hardly think how t'say it."

Yeah, she was gonna fucking cry.

"Thank you fer everythin'. I'm . . . lucky to have been yer friend. I love you both so goddamn much."

Her eyes welled up, and she grabbed them both in a fierce hug, trying to make it last longer than the time it took by sheer will, knowing Diyem wouldn't wait forever, knowing she'd done everything she could to make the most of their time... And all the while, Radiance poured like luminous honey from her body to theirs, carrying with it every feeling inside her, all the love, all the yearning, all the hope. They'd understand.

"Okay," she said, voice thick. "...'Til we see each other again, then?"

It was time.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
In spite of the weeks of preparation, it had snuck up on her. Astrid pawed at the ground all the while, because she didn’t know what else to do… until it was just her and her friends in one final circle.

“‘Til we see each other again,” Astrid repeated, forcing a resigned smile. She was weightless. She was numb. Her voice was feathery, like each word would snap apart under the falling snow. “Can’t wait.”

She leaned into their final touch and shut her eyes, fate in Diyem’s hands now.

Goodbye, all of Cibus.

Thank you for the adventure!

I think, after everything, it was myself that I discovered the most about. And it’s all thanks to you. All thanks to my friends…

So! Until we break these worldly barriers, I leave you with all I have left…!

She didn’t know how much it did, or how little. But with a violent heave from within, she relinquished her Radiance—as much as she could, ounce by outpouring ounce—back into the world beneath her feet, down deep into its very core. What it did with that power was out of her paws; she just hoped that after everything, maybe she could have inspired someone they same way she’d been inspired.

With dampened eyes and that same damn smile, she resolved to rest easy.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
One last moment, just the three of them. One last moment to try and burn into her memory after everything else was gone.

"If you keep being that sappy, you're gonna make me cry too," she said to Brisa with a chuckle. Ah, who was she kidding. Her eyes were already burning.

"Thanks for everything."

She threw her arms around Brisa and Astrid's shoulders and the three of them faced the ending together.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'm so proud of you both," Brisa breathed amidst that last hug. She looked at the other gals, two of her best friends, her loves. Her ice and her fire. She pressed her muzzle to Astrid's forehead and Starr's cheek, and sighed.

She'd miss them.

There was nothing left but to finish it.

"It's time, Diyem."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The darkness reached its peak in Diyem's hands. He had, admittedly, waited longer than he needed to, perhaps as a final gesture of gratitude for everything that they'd done for him. Saved Eien; saved him; saved the world. And... perhaps helped him learn a thing or two in the process. He could feel joy, now. Feel it without the pain that came with it, even if he wasn't used to that yet. Feeling happy was... good. Feeling good was so foreign to him.

"...And if there is anything you will remember... Please, one day, remember my gratitude for all that you've done." Diyem pointed toward Team Spectrum. "Farewell, Team Spectrum. May your images be immortalized on Cibus forever more. And... thank you."

He flung the beam forward, and Team Spectrum's mission was finally complete.

<><><>​

Somewhere far, far away...

"To think they allowed me to escape." A low, amused laugh escaped Giovanni, even as he brought his fingers to his chin. The smell of Kanto's air was unmistakable, even if he couldn't quite recognize it after all his time away. Somewhere in his subconscious mind, he knew he was home again, one way or another. He had been gone for so, so long. Or perhaps, no time at all? Somehow, someway, he had been sent back. He knew this place. Perhaps it was one final trick from Team Spectrum, or Palkia, or Dialga... But in the end, they'd failed. They sent him home, what fools...

"My son will be looking for me, but I don't think he will find me so easily," he monologued to himself, stepping through the bushes A few scrapes and bruises were nothing, even if he was human again. "My time with the Rainbow Rockets is not over yet. Soon, I will be on top of multiple worlds all over again... This time, with the power of friendship. Yes... Hope, friendship, goodness, kindness... The bonds that are shared between Pokemon, and even humans. I now understand its true power. And that is how I will dominate the worlds again and expand my empire... I will become the ultimate god of friendship."

He emerged, his feet sinking into warm sand. He could finally determine some vague sense of where in Kanto he was.

"The first step of my new, evil scheme..."

He paused to admire the rising sun, arms crossed with unending confidence.

"Find some clothes."

~END~​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom