• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave hovered along the sidelines with Mia in vague discomfort. There wasn't really much point in big fucking goodbyes, was there? This was all about to be over.

"I'm going to miss them," came a whisper. Of course Shadow chose to appear here. Of course.

"You're kind of literally not," Dave pointed out.

The spectral Mightyena looked up at him, pleading. "Please. We can't go yet."

Dave rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Shadow trotted over to where Nate and Rocky were talking with Koa, and Dave followed reluctantly. "Thanks for being nice to Mia," Shadow said, looking between Nate and Rocky. "Be careful, wherever you go."

For a moment Shadow paused, tilting his head at Rocky and -- hang on, had one of his eyes always been blue? The fuck? Shadow smiled at him. Whatever the fuck that was about, Dave had no idea.

Instead, he turned toward Koa with a sigh. "Hey, kid," he said, lifting a paw vaguely. "Good luck chasing your dreams and letting go of your asshole dad."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"It's really cool!" Echo said cheerfully. "How'd you get it? And oh, that sounds fun. I'll be kinda bored when everyone leaves, so I guess I'll go with you guys."

Good. At least Echo would be enjoying himself. Koa's eyes traveled across the other mon, noting that Swampert and Bahamut were here too. His gaze drifted back to Rocky. "Oh. Before we all go... I wanted to thank you. You were the first person I talked to when I got here, and you showed me around and everything. You were really cool so... yeah. Thanks."
Nate winced at Echo's question, turning a nervous look towards Diyem, Owen, and his group. He doubted it would be long until Diyem at least picked up on what was going on with Rocky, but ideally there'd be a couple universes between them before that happened.

Rocky was prepared for the question. "That's a secret," he said, eyes glimmering conspiratorially. "I'll tell you later--there's too many people around right now. Somebody might hear!"

He beamed at Koa's thanks. "It was no problem! I'm glad I got to show somebody so cool around and welcome them to the team. I only wish we got more time to talk after. But Echo told me a lot about you, so that was good, at least!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Hey, kid," he said, lifting a paw vaguely. "Good luck chasing your dreams and letting go of your asshole dad."

Dave. he hadn't really expected that. "Thanks. I'll try to...eventually, I hope." At least he had good friends back home. Something would have to stick... "Good luck to you too. You're..." he paused and chewed his lip. Heck, Dave would forget, he would forget, might as well say something. "You're a good dad. I'd have liked to have had someone like you. Thanks."

He quickly looked away. Yeesh, Cibus had turned him sappy.

That's a secret," he said, eyes glimmering conspiratorially. "I'll tell you later--there's too many people around right now. Somebody might hear!"
Echo grinned and leaned closer. "Okay. Promise you'll tell me later then!" He wondered if he could get a cool colored eye. Although Nate didn't look so happy... he felt bad for the poor Marshtomp.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron continued silent, and refused to look at anyone there. It'd hurt too much.

And without memories, that hurting would be nowhere to be seen. A single positive point in that whole mess.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv looked around at the crowd. So many people they'd come to care about. Dave, giving them advice...Owen, fighting on despite everything...Icetales, giving them the strength to evolve...Koa, always fun to talk to...Brisa, a genuine hero...Starr, pledging with them and Shiron, and someone they looked up to...

And even those they didn't know that well. Cynthian, Celeste, Cabot, Astrid, Cuicatl, Mellow, Nate, Kate, Nip, Miles, Seyka, Kindle, Bahamut, and all their Void Eternas...

And then there were their closest companions on the team. Vix, the first to help them here, and gardening with them...Shiron, their first friend here, them helping each other with their struggles...Burhalla, their best friend here, and who helped them through so much...

...and Dill, their partner.

One of them would return with them, but the rest...

Tears splashed onto the ground, as Saltriv ran around the team, hugging each of their friends one last time.

"I'll miss you all!" they called, with each person they hugged.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Echo grinned and leaned closer. "Okay. Promise you'll tell me later then!" He wondered if he could get a cool colored eye. Although Nate didn't look so happy... he felt bad for the poor Marshtomp.
"You bet!" Rocky said with a huge wink. God, he was going to be bragging about it to everyone, wasn't he? At least Nate wouldn't remember to be worried about that.

Shadow trotted over to where Nate and Rocky were talking with Koa, and Dave followed reluctantly. "Thanks for being nice to Mia," Shadow said, looking between Nate and Rocky. "Be careful, wherever you go."

For a moment Shadow paused, tilting his head at Rocky and -- hang on, had one of his eyes always been blue? The fuck? Shadow smiled at him. Whatever the fuck that was about, Dave had no idea.
And then the fucking mightyena showed up for some fucking reason? With his shadow in tow, too. And somehow, Nate... didn't completely hate it? Good Christ he must be sleep-deprived. "Yeah," he said. "No problem. Bye and shit." He glanced uneasily at the real mightyena, standing silently behind his shadow version. What the fuck was going on there?

Rocky was always happy to be acknowledged. "You bet! We'll be super careful," he said cheerfully. Nate imagined the mightyena would find that exactly as reassuring as he did. "Bye, Dave," Rocky went on. "Bye, Shadow. Sorry we didn't get to hang out more. Good luck, Dave! Keep fighting!" He gave Shadow a big wink, too.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal grinned up at Bahamut. "No worldbusting this time, though. Got it?"

Diyem eyed Rocky and Nate, but ultimately rolled his eyes. He likely already knew. Fathers like him had a talent about that sort of thing, apparently. But whatever aftereffects it would entail, it wasn't enough that Diyem called it a showstopper, and the procedure continued on.

Then, working up courage, Cal bounded toward Owen.

"Hey, Dad!" Cal shouted. She came to a stop a few feet away, looking up, and Owen stared down, skeptical. Was this another trick?

But then, Cal held out her hand. "Let's do a formal goodbye this time, too. I can be mature."

Somehow this surprised Owen more than anything. "Oh, uh." He glanced at the others, a little embarrassed, but then nodded and took Cal's hand next, giving it a firm shake. "Then, goodbye, Calorie of Cibus. I expect that when I find out about your adventures in the far future, it will be nothing but a glowing--"

Cal's hand abruptly morphed into a spear, extended straight up and into Owen's chest.

"Ng--"

"HA!" Cal pulled free, raising her arms and wings into the air. "FUCK YEAH! I WIN! MY WIN!" She bounded away in a full sprint. "NOOOO TAAAKE BACKSIEEEEEESSS!"

Owen rubbed his chest, revealing that Cal had only left a minor wound. Just beneath his scales was a layer of gold Protect energy. Owen would never tell her, and perhaps none of the others would have even seen it either. Owen disguised it with the healing glow of Bestow, sealing the superficial wound.

He saw that little gold embers were also falling from Cal's face as she fled. Yeah. That was fine. She was ready. She'd finally come to terms, in her own little way.

I love you, Cal. Be good.

And while it took some time, she replied something that only Owen would hear. And he smiled. Beaming. His flame was bright. He almost cried. But didn't.

---

"All right, all right." Diyem sighed, walking forward as he raised his hands. Dark energy swirled around it. "Everyone, separate from Team Spectrum. I'm going to be taking them home for a trip into Veritas, and then distribute their spirits back. It should be a process they won't even realize. This will be it. Say your final words, because all that remains will be statues of them. ...Mm. If you want to get into a good pose, that will be your immortalized remnants on Cibus. Make it count."

"Wh--you aren't even telling us this until now?!" Owen said, startled. "Uh--pose, cool pose, um, do I go with heroic? Are my wings stretched enough?"

"I regret telling you already."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
After hugging everyone else, Saltriv trotted over to Dill, giving him an extra-big hug.

"I know it'll work. We...we'll be together," they said, smiling up at their partner, as tears streamed down their neck, coming to rest on their petals.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
It was time. Still felt hard to believe, but it was really time. Soon, everything that had happened in the last year was going to vanish, swallowed by the sand of time and destiny. Perhaps they would have been able to carry a part of those memories, but there was no true way to know.

In part dignified and in part resigned to his fate, Icetales strode toward the place where everyone was reunited, with Petram in tow. The shade was oddly quiet, carrying a tray with many cupcakes he had baked during the entire morning. His expression was morose, with his ears flattened against his head and the star in his chest a mere flicker.

When they were starting to see the first members of Team Spectrum, Petram breathed out a hollow sigh.

“So, this is it, huh…”

“It sure is, Petram.” Icetales closed his eyes and shook his head. “I still cannot fathom the fact that in mere minutes it will be over.”

“Yeah…”

There was another moment of quietness as the two kept walking, even though their steps were slower. Heavier.

“…I’ll miss you, Daddy!” choked out Petram at last, his purple eyes glowing with a faint light. “I… I wish I could come with you! Is there really… not a way?”

Icetales flashed a sad smile. “As far as I know, there is no way.” He leaned forward. “But at least, thou will have thy siblings by thy side, no? Ivy, Soul, Luz…”

“Y-Yeah, I know! But…” Petram shuddered. “It still hurts!”

Icetales didn’t know what to say about that. It seemed like Petram’s reservations about everything were starting to get to him, at last. All his bravado… was that an illusion to not make Icetales worry?

“Petram,” he started, wrapping a tail around the Zoroark’s back. “I know. This aching jolt in thy heart will last for some time. But believe me when I say it will pass someday. Besides… I won’t be gone completely.” He pressed another tail into the shade’s chest. “A part of me will stay here. Forever.”

Petram snorted and looked away. “Ugh! That sappy thing about being in my heart, yeah! It’s not the same, y’know.”

“Yes, I… I know.”

There was another moment of silence, somber and heartbreaking. After a while, Petram took another deep breath.

“Well, whatever. Things are how they are, hm?” He shook his head and looked again at Icetales. “I… will never forget you, and make sure that nobody around here will. You have my word on that!”

Icetales sighed, cracking a slightly brighter smile. “I know thou will. Because thou art my son, regardless of our blood.”

Finally, Petram managed out a smile. “I’ll make you proud. I promise.”

“Thou dost not need to promise such thing.” When Petram flashed a confused stare, Icetales added, “Because I am already proud of thee.”

That broke the tension, and the two foxes embraced each other, their tails wagging with a mix of sadness and happiness. They glanced into each other’s eyes for another moment, before splitting to give their goodbyes to the team. Petram decided to share some of his cupcakes for a last toast, while Icetales strode around.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
Dill put a hand on Saltriv’s back, glancing back at his teammates.

“W-we’ll see them again someday. I hope,” he said, his voice trembling. “W-we did good.”

He hesitated a bit.

“You think we should just stand here when we go, or… uh, would you be alright with holding hands— vine, whatever?”

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
He glanced at Saltriv, Dill and Vix.

"...Goodbye, then." Shiron stood up, grasping his chest as tight as he could. "No regrets, nothing to be left behind. The moment has been prepared for."

He closed his eyes and gave a final smile.

I'm not remembering any of this, but if I can have something to hold on to, then... Be kind. Always be kind.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Without even saying a word, Saltriv wrapped a vine around one of Dill's hands.

"We'll see each other again. That's a promise," Burhalla said, putting a hand on his best friend's side.

"...Yeah. We will," Saltriv replied, a smile on their face through the tears.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa's chest tighted. Time was running short. He glanced about the crowd. He'd made all his goodbyes already but... Ah, there he was. He quickly made his way over to Icetales, who was lingering near Petram. "I know I've already said it but, goodbye Icetales. You'll be an amazing ruler when you go home." He gave the ice fox a final, warm embrace, before drawing away.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
A good dad? ...Sure. Let's go with that.

Rocky winked hugely at Shadow and what the fuck had happened between those two when he wasn't looking. Even then... for some reason he didn't even understand, he raised a paw in a goodbye to Nate, too, before turning around.

And there was Ionys and Flesh.

Shadow bounded up to him without warning and threw himself at Ionys in a spectral hug, and God, he hoped no one was watching, glancing from side to side as he approached him too.

"This is goodbye, I guess," he said. What the fuck to even say to him. "Good luck restoring Telum."

"We should make plans for what to do if I go to a universe and don't come back," Mia said.

A familiar uncomfortable jab at his stomach. She wasn't going to be his fucking problem anymore. "Yeah. Figure something out, I guess." He glanced at Flesh, then back at Ionys. "Thanks. For everything."

"Thanks for being my friend."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales took many careful glances around, almost as if he was gathering some courage to give the final goodbyes. Then, he blinked when he noticed Koamaru walking toward him. His ears swiveled forward, while his tails flicked at random intervals.

That was going to feel heavy to the heart.

"I know I've already said it but, goodbye Icetales. You'll be an amazing ruler when you go home." He gave the ice fox a final, warm embrace, before drawing away.

A strong warmth spread inside of Icetales, who had to take a deep breath to not break down. He focused, gathering all his royal dignity, and reciprocated the hug.

“…Many thanks, Sir Koamaru. I shall do everything in my power to be the emperor that my kingdom needs,” he murmured, before pulling away and beaming a small smile. “And… I wish all the best to thee, too. Become the legend thou deserve to become, and aim for the stars. I shall be cheering for thee in spirit, even if my mind were to forget.”

He sighed and widened his smile. “Goodbye, Sir Koamaru…”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The ghostly Zoroark looked almost pained, but he disguised it with a smirk at Dave. "Hmph, yeah, yeah, go on and get your pack of smokes," he said. "...Fuck, I need to find someone else to have mozzarella sticks with now. Damn. Just realized that." He rubbed the back of his head, then looked at Flesh, who was making strange, growling noises while trembling. Yep, he was crying.

Owen smiled at Dave, stepping toward him quietly. "Hey, Dave," he said. "Sorry if I was hard on you, y'know, a while back. You... look like everything's all in order here, too. Just wanted to say, y'know, before we forget, er... You know."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's expression was much more stern. He figured Owen would be the only one to bid any sort of farewell, so now there was only important matters to attend to. He coiled around Diyem, his matched eyes rippling like water lapping up against the shoreline.

"When you return them... I suggest you focus some energy on keeping the husk comatose until the others have departed," he said. "I... don't think any of their original bodies are strong enough to provoke him, but better safe than sorry, if you ask me."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That won't be a problem," Diyem said. "If what you explained to me is true, that husk would have already dissolved back to your world anyway. However... Thank you for the warning."

Diyem paused.

"By the way, I recently learned of a new hell for you. Someone posted many of your favorite brooding places online. You may have spectators. If you need isolation, there is a system with the Guild that can get regulations for spots you can't be bothered. ...You'll need those. You have fans."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom