• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The shade was so stubborn in the nicest kind of way that Puddle almost considered giving this Eternatus preaching thing a chance. It would have still been a no, but it's the "giving it some thought" part that counted.

"Say what you wanna, but if all of us have his love already, that doesn't explain how damn sad all of us are." Puddle sighed, rubbing the part of it that was poked. "All our siblin's are goin' through some mental bullshit since we aren't who we thought, Team Spectrum just has a natural level of 'sayin' they're fine but not really being fine but not goin' into it because no one would understand despite everyone goin' through the same shit,' and I'm just..." it melted, groaning, sizzling, and popping in "uhg," "I'm tryin' to help who I can. It's nice to see you doin' alright, at least on the outside."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Their trials serve only to make them stronger." More ripples spread through the shade's eyes. "It is the proverbial mankey's paw. They wanted the strength to solve this crisis, but it came at the cost of their collective peace of mind. Perhaps it is because Dark Matter created their bodies, but I cannot say for certain."

It paced back and forth. "In the end, though, their perseverance will be a grand tale used to spurn hope throughout Cibus. They will remember none of their struggles, but their tenacity shall uplift this planet and pave a course for its future. A bright future that will serve as a beacon, drawing Eternatus' love from beyond dimensions."

The shade's head swiveled toward Puddle. "You should look forward to what's to come. I believe it will be oh-so interesting."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle tilted its head, curious. "...Maybe, maybe not. You've got a knack for bein' cryptic in an almost creepy kinda way. But, I guess you're right about the rest of that. All this hardship'll make us all stronger, and by the time Team Spectrum leaves they'll be seen as heroes, and all that hardship would be for somethin'."

"They'll be gone, then it'll be just us. That... won't be the best thing to look forward to, but I'd be happy to see everyone leave stronger than they came,"
Puddle nodded, grinning. It lasted only a few seconds, soon replaced by the worrisome look. "Are you gonna miss Bahamut when he's gone?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Another slow smile spread across the shade's face.

"... no. I will simply pray for his broken soul to pull itself back together, but I doubt such a miracle will happen. He is too far gone. Truly a shell of a complete being."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Mmm, yeah, just as creepy as Puddle thought. Although, it wasn't the worst thing ever. If Puddle had to pick between being sad and being creepy, it'd be Vix. A shame no one will ever know what that means other than Puddle, unless someone took a look at any of Vix's many journals.

"I'm gonna hope he gets better too, he's... really nice, and stuff," Puddle chuckled, smiling. "And cool, too. Just want 'im to be happy an' all that. Even if... it turns out he helped doom a planet, I wanna see the guy happy. Just like I wanna see you happy... which you already look like you are, but I mean like, actually happy."

At this point, Puddle didn't know if the shade was happy or just putting on a front, but that meant that nothing changed.

The Scraggy familiar sat on the ground, drinking its soda once more. "Is it alright if I stay a bit longer? We don't really gotta talk, I just don't got anythin' goin' and I like to sit an' stuff. And I figured you could use more drinks for that voice of yours. Kinda hard to preach love and positivity with your voice in shambles."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“This is my natural speaking voice.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Then you might need more than what I'm packin'," Puddle whistled, which was more of its mouth sizzling narrowly, but who cared about the specifics? It put its bag between itself and its brother, patting it on the top. "I can always stock up again when we're done. Maybe see if someone has some cough medicine or a los... l-loz... cough drops."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Those won’t do anything. This is my natural voice.” The shade walked away and picked up a bell from the ground. It paced around, ringing the bell for any townsfolk to hear.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Ooooooooooooooh..." Puddle said, clapping its hands together. "Now I feel like a dumbass. The soda's are still open for you, though."

All in all, this was a pretty positive whatever it was. Some things were never answered, other things had Puddle wondering what the fuck was true, but at least its brother was doing well. Probably better off than the rest of its siblings. Wouldn't hurt to check in on him every now and then, though. Talking with him was surprisingly fun.

<><><><><><>

R17 ~ Overseer's Arrival

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv walked through the streets of Destiny Village, constantly glancing around, trying to find any of the Beans.

They really, really hoped the Zygarde would be able to help.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
There were a lot of Pokemon milling about Destiny Village as usual. Dill and Saltriv got glances now and then, as well as nods and a strong sense of recognition. Saving the world tended to do that, after all.

There was indeed a Zygarde in the streets. He walked with purpose. This one appeared to be of the canine variety, so there must have been many of them out and about...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Immediately upon seeing the Zygarde, Saltriv dashed towards him.

"Bean!" they called as they approached him. "We need your help!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv's eyes widened, and their leaf drooped. That...they'd never seen the Zygarde like that before.

"Bean?" they asked, a worried expression on their face as they walked closer. "Is something wrong?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Zygarde continued along for a while, but stopped again when the pair kept pace. He stared at them again, expression completely unmoving. Then, he raised a paw and made a gentle flick with it. From what seemed like nowhere, a strange device appeared. It resembled a badge. He looked at it while it seemed to be facing Saltriv. Then, he pointed it at Dill with another subtle change.

Then, he let go of the device, and it seemed to disappear before it could touch the ground.

Onward he walked.

Upon closer inspection... this didn't look like Bean. He was a little larger and the color of his scales was just slightly darker.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"No, not at all..." Saltriv said, trailing off. "That's...very weird."

Though...now that they're looking closer at him...

"...I don't think that's Bean," they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom