• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut nodded. "Well, whenever you feel ready to tackle that endeavor just, uh, send me a message or something." He glanced around. "I'm not exactly busy."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Will do," Nate said. He caught the pokéball one last time, then stowed it in his bag. "Thanks for coming along. Don't know if we'd have a shot without you." He smiled faintly. "Take care, huh? And if you're ever bored, you're always welcome to hit me up. Ain't like I got a ton going on neither."

<><><>​

RD14 - To Deal with a Fanatic Brother

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Bahamut gave about as much assistance as one would have expected, which was next to nothing. Looked like Puddle had to rely on "Ol' Reliable" once more... aimless wandering.

Or wandering up until it heard someone talking really loudly about their mom. Didn't need an expert to figure out that the shadowy figure that everyone avoided eye contact with was the guy. "The shinin' example of eccentric, he is. This'll be interestin'," Puddle muttered, oozing over to its sibling.

"Anybody take the time to listen to you this time?" it asked with a wave.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The shade had its usual signs draped over its torso. One read "You are loved <3" and the other "Have a nice day :)". Its crest fanned out, flecking bits of black slime around. The shade only turned its head so it sat backwards on its torso.

"It's not about who listens." A raspy breath followed. "Someone as lowly and insignificant as me isn't worth listening to. As long as the words are out there, they can drift. And when they drift, they can inspire through other means. Inspiration that will blossom into a hope to carry someone toward happiness. That way, when Eternatus comes, they will be ready to accept His embrace."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle blinked, a caught a bit off guard with... all that. If Puddle didn't know any better, it'd have thought its brother was out here all day, without break. Had to give him points for tenacity. "I didn't think we could strain our voices, but you've went an' proved me wrong." It reached into its bag and pulled out a bottle of cola, handing it over to the other shade.

"You are hellbent on givin' people some kinda positive outlook on things, ain't ya?" Puddle grabbed a blue raspberry soda itself and popped it open. "I'd applaud you if I didn't think it insult you... uh..." Another pause as Puddle tried to remember the shade's name... It did know it, right? "Uh... so don't hate me for this but, what's your name? I... genuinely can't remember. Must be all the runnin' around I've been doin'."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Names do not even matter.” The shade’s body turned so its head was on correctly. “Eternatus offers love to all, name or no name.”

Its eyes darkened. “You show dissatisfaction with the name you were given, yet make no effort to change it. To assert yourself. Hope doesn’t spring from such a defeated mindset, but Eternatus will love you all the same.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle shrugged. "Whether I like it or not, it's still my name. And honestly it's grown on me, despite it bein' pretty damn lazy." It swirled its drink in hand, considering taking another sip as it thought, when a smile grew on its face. "For a bit I was thinkin' of goin' by the name "Tonic," but, eh... it ain't me like Puddle is now. And I ain't got a defeated mindset, I was more jokin' anyway."

The shade made it pretty clear it wasn't gonna just give out its name, so Puddle dropped the subject. It went over to the shade's side, drinking more soda. "What's your deal with Eternatus, again? And which one are you preachin' about? Can't be our mom, unless you think she's a guy... somehow."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The shade's eyes glowed sapphire. "The one from Bahamut's world, of course. Eternatus is the grand unifying force. He will break through the boundary between universes to wrap all worlds in His glorious embrace." Red ripples spread through his eyes. "All worlds. Together in eternity. That is our single destiny."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"And that's what you're hopin' to help 'im achieve? The same guy that fucked over Bahamut's world?" Puddle asked, raising a brow. Or an equivalent to that. "Might just be me and my... "seeing destruction as destruction," but I can't tell if you know what you're rootin' for. Speakin' of, how are you, preacher of positivity and followed of Eternatus, connected to Bahamut?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Kh heh." The shade wheezed repeatedly. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." It stepped toward Puddle. "Bahamut's thought processes have been questioned day in and day out. And yet no one seems to question him on his home planet's 'fate.'"

Another step. "What if the planet's present state is, in fact, his fault?" A third step. "Eternatus simply wanted to offer His love, and Bahamut and his pals hurt Him and bound Him to their planet."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Each of the steps towards Puddle did little else than make it ripple and lean back to still look its brother in the eye. The shade had a point... for the most part. At least, Puddle didn't recall anyone else asking Bahamut about what happened. Everyone probably figured it was too much to ask someone to remember. That's certainly what Puddle thought.

"...I mean, Bahamut does look like the kinda person that would attack someone offerin' him love, but... I really wanna doubt he'd fuck over his planet in the process, not unless he really thought he needed to..." Puddle said, standing up. As if that would make a difference between their heights. "He'd also be a hypocrite then for tryin' to stop Soda's wackjob plan of breakin' Cibus to fight his Arceus..."

It shook its head, then looked up to the shade again with a determined look on its face. It wanted to know more, thanks to the shade bringing all this up. Bahamut, as pessimistic as he was, was still a hero before all this happened, right? He might've seen himself otherwise, but he tried to stop Eternatus because Eternatus was evil... right? R-Right..?

That was all speculation, though... wasn't it? The only ones that know are Bahamut and his shade... and Puddle didn't know if Bahamut would easily outright tell it about what happened to his planet, so... "If... if you know what happened to Bahamut's planet, could you... tell me? Please?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Kh heh heh heh." The shade sucked in a sharp breath. "I already explained it to you. Eternatus arrived to Etherium to spread His love. But also to find one who scorned Him. Who took advantage of His love." His beak slowly curved into a grin. "That mate of his that he loves to tote out to draw sympathy... she was born within Eternatus. Nurtured by His love. She even became the Archbishop, preaching about Eternatus and the love He can offer to everyone.

"And then she left." The shade's expression stiffened. "Leaving many souls adrift, unsure how best to accept Eternatus' love. So, He went to convince her to return... and offer His love to the planet she went to."

More red ripples spread through his eyes. "Bahamut refused to give her up... and instead attacked Eternatus. He defended Himself... and wound up being dragged within Etherium itself."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle took a deep breath, taking that all in. That story didn't sound entirely true to Puddle, the shade could be pulling all that out of his ass to convince Puddle that Eternatus was in the right, or maybe this was another mind-fuckery deal where the shade isn't remembering anything right, like Soda. However, unless Puddle brought this up to Bahamut himself, all it could do was take the shade's story or dash it aside as fabricated somehow.

"Then... what about you? When'd you get close enough to Bahamut to stick in his mind long enough to be drawn out as a shade?" it asked, still figuring out what to actually do with any of this information. "And... did Eternatus end up dead? Is Etherium destroyed?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Grinning, the shade's head slowly titled. "Eternatus cannot die. It is trapped in stasis." His eyes glistened. "But the people on that planet — the descendants of those who lived with Bahamut — are taking those who Eternatus offered His love to. Using them as batteries to satisfy... unfulfilling needs. And that is proving toxic to their planet. Kh hhh hhh.

"So, either their greed will erode the planet and its inhabitants completely... or Eternatus will be freed and save the souls of Etherium with His love."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Geez..." Puddle exhaled, sitting back down. Bahamut's planet was in for some shit, unless Eternatus really was benevolent... and it sounded like it was Bahamut's fault to some extent. And through it all, the shade never talked about himself in all this. Rats...

"Well, regardless of what actually happened, if Etherium gets fucked it's the people's fault, not Bahamut's. That's... something good, I wanna say..." it sighed, falling on its back. "And even if you ain't gonna tell me about yourself, I'm... sorry? Whether somethin' happened to you, or Eternatus really is good and your master is trapped in a planet, neither of 'em sound like things someone should have to deal with."

"The way those people are usin' those that, uh, took Eternatus' love... sounds like the nightmare scenario that played in my head about us and Joule. Used for power, nothin' else,"
Puddle growled, sizzling. "An' I know I can't go to Etherium myself to stop that shit... Goddamnit..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What are you apologizing to me for?" The shade righted its head. "I'm but a simple omen, looking to pass on word of Eternatus' love, just as the soul I am molded after. He is happy. For he knows Eternatus will be free. And I shall be happy knowing that someday, He will grace even Cibus with His love. Every soul, departed or not, will know that love. Will have eternity together. No imbalance of power. No planetary crises. Simply an eternity of love."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm apologizin' because even if there's... love in someone's future, that doesn't make up for the hurt they feel along the way," Puddle said, still simmering. "You can't just... mask sadness and pain with the prospect of love and peace. You don't just forget dyin', or someone close to you dyin', just because some giant space dragon gave you happiness in the end, or you find somethin' else that makes you smile..."

Puddle grimaced, resting a hand on its chest. Who was it even talking to? "Nobody... nobody can run from their hurt. Not forever. An' the harder someone tries, the worse off they'll be... Makes 'em do stupid shit that they'll regret, hurt more people than help... break yourself beyond fixin'..."

The Scraggy familiar stood and looked the shade in its eyes once again. One would probably think it looked sympathetic. "So, I'm sorry about the shit you had to go through, and whatever other pain you got hidin' in you." Puddle wrapped it's little arms around the shade's leg, the best kinda hug it could do, being so short. "If you really believe in Eternatus' love, then I hope you get to find it yourself sometime soon."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I already have it." The shade poked Puddle. "As do you. That is our nature, is it not? We are tied to the minor eternatus dwelling on this planet. A joyful notion. And an honor for one as insignificant as me."

It smiled again. "As I said... His love wipes all pain away. His love overcomes death itself. Mortals. Gods. Such things do not matter before Eternatus. He will accept all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom