• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Burhalla" looked down in bewilderment at Esper. His first moments with a body were already weird.

"Could you-"

Before the shade could finish, Saltriv wrapped several vines around him in a hug. "Burhalla" smiled sadly.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Aww, look. Maybe they're lovers?" Esper pursed his lips and made kissy noises before a psychic force yanked him back toward Bahamut. The necrozma squished Esper's head into his torso.

"... hmph. Perhaps I'll just leave you two to get reacquainted." Bahamut cared not for this mushy scene. He could've rained on it by saying not to get too mushy, since there was a chance the charmander would spawn a parasite like Darkwhite. But the necrozma managed to hold his tongue.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"No way! We're best friends," Saltriv corrected, as "Burhalla" looked over towards Bahamut, giving him a look of suspicion.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Whatever." Esper shrugged from atop Bahamut's back. "Gimme a ring when you're done doing... whatever, Owen Seven. You and the other Owens can get working on your musical act: 'Owen and the Owenettes!' I'm sure it'll be a hit." His face scrunched up. "Actually, wait, do they even have music on Cibus?"

"It's something called a Sky Jukebox," Bahamut said. He was already over this conversation. "Don't get too comfortable. We have Dark Matter's rescue to plan, after all."

He expected another "But Darkwhite!" retort and Bahamut would have none of it. Besides, the necrozma was still looking for Kyurem or Yveltal. And he wasn't going to delay that to bicker with a couple of hatchlings. Bahamut set off for Parfait Way. Esper, however, floated off his back and hung around the two.

"Aww, don't mind him. He's just, y'know..." His voice trailed off. "He really wishes he wasn't here."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...I sorta get that, but he could at least-" Burhalla began, before he was suddenly moved.

"Come on, let's go! I have so much to tell you! Everyone here except Bahamut is so great!" Saltriv said, dragging "Burhalla" along with their vines.

"I already-" 'Burhalla' began, but he was already being dragged away. Soon, the two were out of sight of Esper.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper shook his head. "Jeez. The guy recruited literal children for this thing. Guess I'm-a have to call him Dork Matter."

The poipole floated off for parts unknown.

<><><>​

R8: Assault on Destiny Tower

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Another day came and went for Destiny Village, and soon night fell once more. It was the second day since Sword had been taken, and preparations were still being made for a secure check of the Isle of Light. They had everything set up for another scouting mission, and this time with more precautions in case Giovanni decided to show up in the middle of their mission. But because of that, preparations took an extra day.

The night was cold and windy. Stars struggled to break through the thick overcast, and the weather suggested snowfall in the coming months, scattered between days.

Midnight. The night crowd was small but active. Little lights flitted about the streets from lanterns and Luminous Orbs. Some nighttime party energized the restaurant districts of the city. A savory, warm air wafted away from the center of town. Children--they were few, but present within Destiny Village--ran around partygoers and lobbed playful attacks at one another. Balm and Cepa, perhaps taking a midnight stroll to shake off the stress of all the official business Poppin' Arms was doing, leaned toward one another in the corner, where the lights just barely reached them.

And then, without warning, an explosion rocked the ground and cracked the air. Most of the Guild had fallen asleep, including those of Team Spectrum. Several members woke, but the heavier sleepers would perhaps not, to the first explosion. Then came the second one, and a shriek of terror from outside.

The explosion was coming from Destiny Tower--a huge plume of Blacklight smoke poured out from the tower's base, where a gaping hole was left in the tower's sacred, once unbreakable stone.

There was something flying in the air, a creature with great wings.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Come on! It's this way!"

Cabot was the first to arrive at the crossroads, leading a bunch of teammates from the guild over to Destiny Tower to investigate the explosion. Pleo was close behind him, who stopped when he noticed a flying figure in the distance.

"Look! There's a Pokémon flying near the tower!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv was close behind, and Burhalla was behind them.

They looked up towards where Pleo had said, and gasped in shock. That looked really bad!

They felt the moonlight on their leaf, and concentrated that energy into a Sunny Day, to illuminate whatever this creature was.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
As the team approached, several other elites came out from their homes to investigate and see what was happening. There were a few others who were well ahead and near the tower itself, trying to strike at the flying creature, but when they did, they were met with even more blasts.

Those were Blacklight attacks.

Saltriv's Sunny Day wasn't nearly enough to reach them, and it didn't look like the flying creature was trying to see them... But now that they were closer, they could make out a few details. The body was a little bulky... The wings were large and orange on one side and a darker color on the other. At the end of the creature's tail was a flame that sparked with black and white energy.

Arceus appeared near the top of Destiny Tower and disappeared to get closer, but his Teleport was disrupted by a powerful aura. Was this flying creature emanating an energy-absorbing field like Darkwhite and their other foes? It didn't seem to be the same--it was weaker. Arceus was actually able to get close and charge a Judgement, but a few initial filaments of light were easily evaded.

Marshadow S'more was atop Arceus' back. It looked like he was getting ready to fall from above and strike at the flying creature that way.

Closer, closer. Balm was on the ground, holding his side. It was badly scorched from a bad Blacklight injury. Cepa was nearby, trying to keep him stable.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
No way, that couldn't be... could it? No, it couldn't have been. It wasn't.

Vix flew towards Cepa and Balm, putting her bag down and taking out a few orans. She handed them to Balm, then pushed her bag closer to him. "Eat those orans, I'm gonna have Puddle get rid of the left over Blacklight, alright?" Vix didn't wait for an answer, already flying up to the battle above.

It had to have been a different dragon, there's no way it was Diyem. So there was no point trying to reason with it. It was a monster trying to attack, not the Dark Matter trying to save the world. As Vix reached Arceus and S'more, she flashed with radiance, and a wave of radiant light washed over S'more, covering him with wax. Blacklight fire was still fire, so the wax should hopefully protect S'more as he attacked. At least, that's what Vix told herself.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron grumbled something before leaving to meet up with the others. What the hell was thas explosion? He rubbed his eyes, but when he saw the creature, he stopped.

"H-Huh?! Wait, that looks like... but it can't be, r-right?"

Everyone seemed to have made the same conclusion, but what happened? Maybe he got brainwashed... then again, Shiron didn't know Diyem very well. He didn't want to fight an ally, but if it came to that... his stone moved for a bit, as if it were trying to cheer him up.

Thanks, little guy!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia had woken up to Owen tossing and turning even more than usual, then finally leaving his bed, collecting Cal and exiting the room.

She’d thought nothing of it then exactly and drifted off to sleep, but by the time an explosion shook her awake again, Owen still wasn’t there - though Cal had one way or another reappeared, as a dormant core.

She suspected Dave wouldn’t want to be woken up; he’d been drinking last night. He probably wouldn’t want her to investigate either, but that was irrational and she would be fine.

So, when she arrived at the foot of Destiny Tower and saw an indistinct Charizard form, she narrowed her eyes at him. “Owen?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Among Team Spectrum's members, there was no Charmeleon Owen present. Meanwhile, flying around the tower was a Charizard, and with how much closer Mia was compared to everyone else, sharp eyes would see a few details. It was indeed a Charizard, and there seemed to be a blue scarf of some kind wrapped around his neck.

He roared and blasted the base of Destiny Tower again, blowing another hole in the structure, this time on the fourth floor. Arceus fired even more Judgement strikes, but every single one missed the Charizard weaving through the air. Charizard was heading north, too fast for Team Spectrum to keep up--they would have to find some other way to assist before he got away.

As they walked by, they saw that Toffee had also collapsed on the ground near the Guild, looking even more badly injured than Balm. She was completely unconscious...

The Guild lobby was a complete wreck, scorched with Blacklight flames on the walls and parts of the floor.. Several of the thank-you pictures and letters that covered the walls had been burned and ruined...

S'more, emboldened by Vix and the others coming closer, leapt off of Arceus and went for a diving strike on Charizard once they were just above him. And, this time, Charizard did not see it coming, S'more regularly redirecting himself in the air. He landed a hit on Charizard's right thigh! But then, Charizard twisted and dove down, gaining even more speed as he headed into the northern pine forest...

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
It was turning out to be one hell of a fucking day.

Brisa had returned home last night to find a stranger in her dorm—albeit one Luz had texted her to expect—and woken late with a mild hangover. (Not half as bad as poor Kate's hangover, mind.) Then she'd spend half the day sorting out the sneasel newcomer with badge, scarf, gear and suchlike, with hardly a spare breath to get to know the gal—despite sorely wanting to—and half of it urgently planning search and rescue for Diyem, Sword, and Bone...

...and now there was this.

Despite her best efforts, the charizard had too much height and speed for Brisa to get a good hit on, not without the whole posse coordinating together and Luz to lend her a boost of power. She dissipated her radiant tethers with a huff of frustration. The luxio turned to her newfound colleague and gave an earnest sigh.

"Would ya believe me if'n I told ya I had four serviceable guesses as to whom that goddamn charizard might be? This is pretty standard Team Spectrum stakes by now, I tell ya. I'm fixin' to chase after 'em, are ya with me?"

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Ah! Toffee!"

Pleo landed near the Corviknight, quickly taking out a Reviver Seed from his bag to help her out. Meanwhile, Cabot kept running towards the Charizard's, flinging a Stone Edge at the Fire-Type's direction in the small hope of being able to hit it from long range.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
It was turning out to be one hell of a fucking day.

Brisa had returned home last night to find a stranger in her dorm—albeit one Luz had texted her to expect—and woken late with a mild hangover. (Not half as bad as poor Kate's hangover, mind.) Then she'd spend half the day sorting out the sneasel newcomer with badge, scarf, gear and suchlike, with hardly a spare breath to get to know the gal—despite sorely wanting to—and half of it urgently planning search and rescue for Diyem, Sword, and Bone...

...and now there was this.

Despite her best efforts, the charizard had too much height and speed for Brisa to get a good hit on, not without the whole posse coordinating together and Luz to lend her a boost of power. She dissipated her radiant tethers with a huff of frustration. The luxio turned to her newfound colleague and gave an earnest sigh.

"Would ya believe me if'n I told ya I had four serviceable guesses as to whom that goddamn charizard might be? This is pretty standard Team Spectrum stakes by now, I tell ya. I'm fixin' to chase after 'em, are ya with me?"

Kate looked up at the Charizard with a blank stare as he tore through the air and made his way for the forest after torching the guild, the Sneasel setting her teeth on edge as in spite of its black-and-white tail flame she couldn't help but find him familiar.

"No way... I've gotta be seeing things here."

The Dark-Type shook her head and clutched her badge and freshly-tailored scarf before looking back toward Brisa as she breathed puffs of icy breath over her claws.

"Yeah, I'll take your word for it. If that Charizard could trash a guild hall like that, I don't want to see what he'd be able to do alone in a forest for a while."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yep. More bullshit, right on schedule. Couldn't go a day without it anymore, seemed like.

Starr bolted through the destroyed lobby, following after her scattered teammates and making it outside just in time to see the Charizard flying off into the distance, to the north. Smoke billowed up from the gleaming white tower east of town--even Arceus had been caught up in this mess.

"What the fuck," Starr muttered, still groggy. "Do we have any idea who the hell that was supposed to be?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The team advanced, deciding to send some of them to aid the injured--aside from Toffee, there had been a few others as well--and the rest of them continued to the Northern Pines to investigate. Charizard was going fast, and S'more had landed on the ground with a heavy thud. Stuck the landing, however.

Arceus erected a golden barrier in front of the forest, and the Charizard suddenly spread out his wings to come to a halt. He turned back toward Arceus, snarling, and readied another blast of Blacklight--but before he could do anything, he suddenly looked surprised, like someone out of view had touched him on the back.

He disappeared in a flash of light, like he was never there. A Teleport.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa pursued the fleeing charizard with Kate for a hot minute, then skidded to a halt as the bastard vanished.

"Well that's that," she said, spitting on the ground. "There's not much to be said fer conventional mobility in the face of fuckin' teleportation. Goddamnit."

She loped closer to the rest of the Team Spectrum group.

"Reckon that coulda been Diyem," she commented, loud enough for most to hear, particularly Starr who was okay thank goodness and those nearest her. "Captured and exposed to radiance and mind-control. Alternatively, it coulda been some other charizard, and gods know there's a few of 'em about. Salt and sand and spit, I don't like the smell of this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom