• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Nu-uh!" Cal immediately countered. "I found a bar where you can fight between meals. So it's not picking fights, it's entering matches! It's like a mini colosseum! Poffin goes there all the time." She didn't even answer the gardening question; the answer was clear.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Uh-huh."

Bahamut made a mental note to tell Xerneas that Cal shouldn't go anywhere near the tree. Or whatever was left of it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I believe that's called a scarekrow," Bahamut mused, vaguely tracing the shape of a honchkrow with one of his claws.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Sure. Let's get started." Bahamut laughed into his wing. "Mutt, grab a post and a bunch of wire. We'll tie Cal to the post and plant her in a crop field for two years."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Scarekrow are literally cursed, enchanted dolls tied to posts," Bahamut explained. "I think they might be stuffed full of evil spirits to chase would-be crop raiders away."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"So, then, perhaps gardening is not for you." Bahamut's smile was sickeningly sanguine, contrasting with his tone. "Maybe you ought to work in the training facility? They could start you as a custodian or something until you actually have some real weight to throw around."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Real weight? How does that even--that's discrimination! I don't have any muscles! I, uh, and it's not like they, I mean, I think there's a Reuniclus in cleaning duty, too, so I totally could do something there!" Cal huffed, crossing her arms, which sank into one another. "Oh yeah, Mr. Smartass, how about you? What's your job gonna be? World's Worst Market Greeter?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, you really think after all the mind diving there wouldn't be some demand for my services?" Bahamut retorted. After a pause, he added, "Or I could take up gardening. I have the patience. And the sunlight."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You do realize my head is larger than you and I can hear that, right?" Bahamut mused.

"Sonar ears," Nero sang, his ears twitching.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well maybe I wanted you to hear!" Cal said, sticking out her tongue to the point where it was longer than her neck. After cracking it like a whip, she withdrew it and added, "At least you've got some career options. What're you looking for, life of peace, life of adventure? Soul searching? Must be weird being the one who exists more than the dude you're based on."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I'm pretty sure Buffet already has the soul searching market monopolized," Bahamut deadpanned.

"I see you're already working on your stand-up routine," Nero quipped.

Bahamut flicked an upper wing dismissively. "Hard to do when one floats instead of stands."

"... ba-dum-tsssh."

"Are your teammates back home like this?"

Nero grinned. "One's worse."

Bahamut facepalmed.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I think it’s the others you should worry about,” Bahamut said. Not that he didn’t appreciate the gesture, he supposed. “I’ve had plenty come and go in my life. Or the life I’m reincarnated from.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's hard to draw any comparisons. I never had parents," Bahamut said. "But I certainly know what it's like to lose a family: painful."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom