• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You're mistaken," it called. "Eternatus is salvation, not suffering! But that is okay, for He will still love you even if you rebuff Him!"

The shade turned and staggered off into town.

<><><>​

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven landed in the crossroads after getting fed up to the point of almost attacking a fellow Shade, and stood there, pacing. She needed something else to do with her time for the moment...

Mellow had mentioned some suspicious persons that needed looking into, hadn't she? Perhaps she could do that. Be productive. Something like that. But who?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
By a stroke of luck, it seemed that one person to be spied on had already been nearby. Potluck was walking down the streets, looking carefree like he usually did. Based on past sightings, he had been under his mask for a while, but must have been released from it some time ago.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven turned towards the sound of someone approaching....

Ah. One of the ones who's species wasn't native to Pokét... Potluck. Hm... He didn't seem like someone who would hurt others for any reason, but they would leave no possibility unchecked. He was capable of being any type he wanted, somehow.

...Yes, she was only doing this as a distraction, and she didn't think she would find anything, but she would treat it seriously anyways. Raven trailed him from far enough away that maybe he wouldn't notice her.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Potluck continued through the town, performing what seemed to be errands. After a while, however, he started to make odd turns before making a complete detour away from his destination home. It was then that his movements... started to get more suspicious. After so long of trailing, this might become exciting for Raven, in a morbid sort of way, as Potluck took several unnecessary turns before entering a small alleyway.

And it was here, he seemed to be waiting.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
It had been a distraction and she was feeling better herself after he had led her on a nice stroll through the town, but by now she was starting to get a little suspicious. Was he on to her...? Or was he...doing something? Hm.

She really hoped it wasn't either of those things. She actually liked talking to him back at the Tree of Life.

Raven opted to wait and watch. She wasn't about to blow her cover. This wasn't a time to confront him if he really was up to something...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Sorry. I have to," Potluck nudged it forward again.

"You're going to upset Joule and Maple, among others, Potluck. I don't..."

"You owe me," Potluck said.

Truffle flinched. "...Very well... but..." He sighed. "Please be careful about this." He pulled the bag close and put it over his shoulder. "Go on, then. You'll have everything you need by tomorrow."

Potluck nodded, and it looked like he was about to leave the way he came, and Truffle was going to fly away.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven took every advantage of her somewhat amorphous body and squished herself out of sight of everyone.

Mellow, it's Potluck and Truffle- I saw something I think I shouldn't have.

...What? I- Just, get out of there and come to the infirmary. Don't speak to anyone else but someone on Team Spectrum, ok?

R12: Joule's Restoration

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A few more days passed quietly. Spy hunting continued, as did the recoveries of the various Pokemon that had come from the Worldcore. And, thankfully, the recoveries came along smoothly. Joule had recovered enough that he no longer needed Groudon, and instead elected to finish his recovery at home on the rooftop. One day, he slipped inside his home and seemed to stay there for quite some time. Eventually, however...

". . . Ah! Oh, goodness, that... stop! That... tickles!"

"Well, perhaps if we tried it another way..."

"Does it hurt at all?"

"I don't believe so. Oaky. Let's try it from..."

"Ah! Ah, ah, no, slower!"

"Er...?"

"Yes, perhaps that way..."

"This is a bit awkward..."

"No more awkward than it has been..."

"This is a bit of a compromising position, you two."

"Shh, we're almost done!"

"You know, Blade, it's not too late to try something with all three of us."

"...I'll keep helping."

"That's the spirit!"

And then, near the end of afternoon and into the early evening, the ground shook precisely once. A sudden jolt, like a great weight had slammed into the ground. And then a blinding light erupted from Maple's home, completely exploding the rooftop into several smaller chunks, one of which landed in Diyem's home on his kitchen oven, and another in the middle of the street.

A great Dragon of light emerged from Maple's home in a brilliant silver sheen, screaming for all of Destiny Village to hear.

"AND SO WITH THE VAST ENERGIES OF THE WORLD I REAWAKEN BEFORE YOU! IT IS I, JOULE, THE GREAT DRAGON OF LIGHT! FEAR NOT THE DARK, FOR I AM HERE TO SHINE THE WAY FORWARD! A PROPER HELLO TO ALL!"

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
As Miles wandered around the village, he heard the sounds of a great explosion and turned around. A giant dragon made out of light over at the distance, screaming their welcome to all those around. The name that the dragon just said though... "joule"... that's right! He heard that name before... Miles stood still for a moment, looking at the sight in front of him. So this is the pokemon whose phantom they encountered back in world core. With several questions in his mind, he slowly approached the dragon of light

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What in the world is going on?!" Owen ran out with Cal, searching the skies. Cal, still a Charmeleon and not quite used to the idea of levitation, ran on foot, but they both spotted Joule in the air moments later. "Joule?! You're... bright!"

"INDEED I AM!" he declared, softer this time, as he descended to the ground, where he floated a few feet above. Maple, in her unleashed form, crawled out of her home next and beamed even more, somehow.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow all but stomped over, glaring up at Joule. She crossed her arms.

"You. You specifically are paying for the brand new hole in the roof of our brand new house.", the Florizard declared. She then got a more scrutinizing look in her eyes, and glanced around to see who else showed up...

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oowaah… What’s this ruckus about?!”

Not too far from the commotion came Petram, running on his tiny paws and glancing around the area. “A wild brick knocked down my sandcastle, what—”

Splat!

A chunk of something fell on the spectral Vulpix, turning him into an ectoplasmic puddle. His matter bubbled from underneath the debris, mystified by what just happened to him, and he dragged himself and the debris toward the origin of the confusion.

Last edited:

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Very carefully, a pair of scaly looking hands pushed the debris off the Shade and gathered him and his core up...

Raven had come to inspect the commotion herself, but she very warily kept at least a few lengths away from Joule. She also kept a very close eye on Truffle and Potluck's position, all without saying a word.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Skara and Araun were next to round the corner, both hurrying down the street to see what the kerfuffle was about this time. Araun's tail wagged jauntily as he approached, a large, dark object clenched between his teeth. Skara trailed slightly behind, walking along with her right wing extended and fluttering occasionally, as though she were trying to shake out a kink in it.

"A proper hello to you, too, Joule!" said Araun, though how understandable he was around a mouthful of what looked like roofing material was up for debate. "I think you dropped this, by the way!"

Skara just squinted up at the dragon; whether the narrowed eyes were due to the brightness or to irritation was hard to say. "Congratulations, I guess?" In another time, she might've been awestruck by the massive, radiant Mistlord form that had deigned to grace the street with its presence. In this time, she was too busy trying to ignore the pain in her wing from being roof-struck to be all that impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom