• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Someone does." Arceus nodded. "I left notes in case I am defeated or worse. But I do not intend to let that happen so easily. After all, you've sensed my power by now." He lifted his head a little, eyes closed. "Impressive enough to stand a few blows, wouldn't you say?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave shifted. "Sure, but from Owen's intel Joule's power is way beyond that. I don't think just your current defenses are going to be enough to survive the hit, if you actually wind up taking it. Maybe some of us could beef you up?" It was kind of disconcerting for the actual fucking creator of this universe to be distinctly weaker than this random world-hopping light dragon guy.

"Actually, tell me something. Do you trust the God Squad? You say they're not acting on your behalf, but you know, when we first met Truffle he insisted they were working under Arceus. They're calling themselves the fucking God Squad. If nothing else, you know, if I were God, I'd be pretty pissed at people going around strongly implying they're acting in my name, especially if they're going around giving people shady powers that explode, or threatening to fucking murder people."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Actually, I loved the name," Arceus said with a playful glint in his eyes. "Soda suggested it. There was a nice ring to the title. I'm not sure what it sounds like to you, though." He tapped a hoof on the ground, as if thinking. "The title was for early on, when they'd first arrived and needed some authority to do some looking around without me being there. And since they worked 'under me,' they did follow my orders if necessary... Such as sparing you all so I could watch.

"I understand you and Maple got off on the... wrong foot. But I do trust her to make the best-faith decisions she can. She wants to save Cibus as much as you all do. I trust them. Though, I do admit I'm less certain about some of her team members... Though I'm not as concerned, since they aren't as strong.

"...Oh, and the powers... That was actually my suggestion as well. If you guys were truly entities of evil, the Radiance would have obliterated you from Cibus. Instead it became an incredible boon. Your hearts are at least not pure evil." He looked down to Dave, giving something that might have been an attempt at a bow. "I apologize for the deception."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
...Of course. Why was he even surprised.

"You know, maybe instead of presenting it as cool happy powers to give us, and then foisting them onto us whether we liked it or not, you could have just been fucking honest and told us you wanted us to touch the goddamn evil detector to prove we're not evil. Ever think of that?"

Mia frowned, too. "What does it mean to be an entity of evil? Diyem survived inside a Radiance Machine."

"Look, fine, I know Maple doesn't want to destroy the world, but don't you think something's pretty fucking shady about her? You know how she claims to be a Voice of Life but doesn't work like they're supposed to work? The bit where she's eager to murder people?" Dave paused. "And, wait, hold on, which team members?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, Leg isn't completely stable, for one," Pop tilted his head left, eyes closed. "Soda seems to be a bit of a minimalist when it comes to getting work done. When he first visited here, Flesh ate the inventory of a shop. Including the shop itself. They're quite... quirky." He tilted his head right. "I'd simply be hesitant with how much power they have, but Maple keeps them in line.

"I do feel that you're giving Maple more skepticism than warranted, though." His eyes glinted with a more serious gaze. "It isn't exactly standard for things with the same energy signature as Void Shadows to claim benevolence, and not be lying. Void Shadows are masters of deception; Dark Matter would have found a way to keep you from touching that Radiance if he thought it might destroy you... Which, if I recall, was exactly what he tried to have you avoid.

"We had more than enough reason to consider you all unknown variables. Maple was well within reason to suspect you."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I mean, devil's advocate, just say you'll kill anyone who refuses to touch it. Sounds like that was pretty much the plan anyway." Dave scowled. "I get that Maple'd be suspicious when we appeared. That's not my problem. My problem is she's hiding something about who she is. And even after we all got the radiance powers, and according to you she would've known we weren't pure evil or whatever, she was up in my face threatening me about if she caught any hint we were not on the same side. You're surprised I don't fucking like her?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop studied Dave silently, perhaps regarding what he was saying with a more analytical air. "That was overstepping," he admitted. "She was skeptical even of me when I said that perhaps your team was worth entrusting with more power. However...

"What do you mean, hiding something about who she is? Do you mean her true form?" Pop looked down at Dave. "Have you considered asking her?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Well, she says she's a Voice of Life but that doesn't really check out, right? They're not supposed to be able to leave the world they originate in, but here she is, world-hopping as she pleases. And her whole MO is nothing like what I hear Voices are supposed to be about. Like, what civilization's collective will does she represent? How come she's going around with her own team of people and not summoning humans?" What... did he mean about her true form. "And no, I haven't asked her, I've tried pretty hard to avoid her. You think she'd be happy to spill all her secrets to me? There a reason you're being coy?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"All fair questions," he replied, nodding. "But I have looked into her as much as I can... and even she seems to be unaware of why. She has not lied to me about this. We simply don't know. I wish I could know why... but the depths of her power are something even I cannot see. Perhaps... she's simply representing the idea of Telum, now. It's my best guess.

"And, well." Again, he tapped his hoof. "How to phrase it... I was under the impression that you thought that was what she was hiding. After all, she goes out of her way to disguise herself almost all the time. That's another thing odd about her, really. Voices that I'm familiar with do not really have a form that they default to, only a presence. Maple... less so."

Shaking his head, Pop also added, "There are many things that are strange about Maple, but much like you all, she has been nothing but helpful despite personal frictions."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Huh. Obviously Maple wasn't really a Smeargle, but she had a true form in some way that a regular Voice of Life didn't?

"...Well, given literally nothing about her matches up with being a Voice of Life, and she still insists she is one, that's pretty suspect to me. It's cool she's been helpful, whatever, but there's clearly something weird going on here. Like, even if she's perfectly well-intentioned and not lying that she has no idea, doesn't that suggest somebody fucked with her memories, or something? Made her think she's a Voice of Life when she clearly fucking isn't? Or, you know, if she has some metaphysical voice-of-life property, took somebody and gave them that property? Or took a Voice of Life and changed her properties somehow, then erased her memories of it?" He knew targeted memory erasure was a thing, given Brisa. "Hell, what if it was fucking Giovanni?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"When the inexplicable happens, that does not necessarily mean their memories were tampered with," Arceus said. "I understand your concern. But I have read her mind myself, just as I have read Shield's, Karat's, and Silver's. Maple does not show the same signs of Psychic memory suppression that Silver does, or even the humans of the Omens in the past. If you want a second opinion, perhaps you can ask Breaker."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Hmmm." He wasn't sure how far to trust that, but whatever. Arceus didn't seem likely to budge on this. Maybe he should go talk to Maple sometime. "Well, either way, I think we'd better head off to prepare. Mia, got any last questions for God?"

"He's not really God. He makes sense and he exists. He's just a Pokémon even if he created Cibus."

Dave chuckled. "Sure, let's go with that."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The eyes of the Creator glinted again, looking amused, though it also looked like, to some extent, he agreed with Mia. "I am not almighty," he said, "nor am I infallible. I suppose, by that definition, I am not a god." He nodded to Dave. "Take care. I wish us all the best of luck in our upcoming battle."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave nodded slowly. "Sure. Try that teleport thing."

He had the worst feeling it wouldn't save him anyway. But he turned around towards the door nonetheless, and Mia followed.

<><><><><>​

R9 – Divine Duty – Brisa, Luz & Pop

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Stars above, Luz. I don't care which of us goes first, I just don't get why you're so keen that it be me."

Brisa and her familiar walked into Destiny Tower, the luxio's shoulders hunched in discomfort and the zeraora-shade's paws confidently astride her hips. They walked as if Luz was somehow physically pushing Brisa with her mere presence.

"Alright..." muttered Brisa, before approaching the platform of light and calling out: "I am Luxio Brisa Escarpa; I seek an audience with Arceus."

"So formal," chided Luz. "This is the fella who uses those funny faces in his text messages."

Brisa rolled her eyes as Luz flashed her badge's message history.

[Zest > Pop]: yo big guy

[Zest > Pop]: gonna swing by ur place 2 chat in a sec

[Zest > Pop]: bringin brisket

[Zest > Pop]: that cool w u?

[Pop > Zest]: \ (`0´) /

[Zest > Pop]: 😻 😼 😽 💙 🖤

"What does that mean. It's jus' symbols."

"It's a cute lil' face! He's excited t'see us!"

"Luz. I'm beggin' ya t'be normal."

"I am!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
In a flash, Pop arrived like before, this time looking like he had just finished up some sort of overnight study session. He didn't look tired, but his fur was less than its usual, groomed smoothness.

"Yo," he replied, bowing in a small greeting. "Been getting a lot of visitors lately. Here for more plan suggestions?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa wanted to shrivel up and expire. She was speaking to this world's creator and arch-deity, and he was busy and preparing to sacrifice himself for his life for the sake of the world. She was wasting both their time and energy. She stepped back, and backed into Luz, who didn't budge. Her voice froze.

Luz made a throat-clearing noise, regardless of her lack of throat. "Howdy, big man. Pleasure t'meetcha face t'face. Brisket, say hey."

"Brisket? I won't use a false name here, Luz," hissed Brisa.

"Stars, darlin'. The fella goes around callin' himself 'Daddy'. Relax."

Brisa wanted to die. This was worse that she could ever have imagined. Why. She thrashed her tail in mortification and forced out a real reply to Arceus.

"Uh, how do ye do, Arceus . . . Pop. No plan suggestions I'm sure y'ain't already considered, I'm afraid. I guess we're here 'cause..."

She trailed off.

Luz rescued her. "Brisket's world ain't got an arceus, far as we know. Gotta take the chance to say hey before y'go playin' that martyrdom card of yers!"

Brisa cringed so hard it felt like her organs were going to fucking dissolve. Luz, please.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop chuckled a little, closing his eyes and bringing his head down. "Well, personally, I'm hoping I won't kick it too soon. That's just the worst-case. Would be real fly if I could keep the tempo going here in DT for years to come." He tilted his head at Luz. "Dunno if I'm your pops, though. Maybe for everyone else in one way or another, but you? Guess we'll go with adopted."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Adopted.

It was just too much. Brisa ignored it and ploughed on as best she could.

"Best of fortune t'you with whatever yer plannin'," she managed. "Don't suppose there's anythin' th'likes of us can help with, but we're at yer service if'n there is."

Luz crossed her arms and radiated low grade disapproval at Brisa trying to more work, this time from a god.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop shook his head. "Keep doing what you're doing. Rock 'em sock 'em, get Joule down, and... stuff." Pop looked like he'd struggled with that last part. "You can attack him like none of us can, y'know."

He lowered himself until his hooves touched the ground. "So, tell me," he said. "No Arceus in your world? Perhaps he left... or perhaps it was a spontaneous one. I've heard of those."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom