• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Destiny Tower was a tall, white spire at the eastern outskirts of Destiny Village. Said to be one of the tallest self-made Dungeons in the world, only the powerful and the chosen could get to the top on their own, having to battle through countless illusions set up by Arceus himself to reach their goal. However, safe passage was also possible without incident if he deemed it necessary... It was unknown just how powerful he was, but to be able to maintain a Dungeon all on his own, it had to be something.

The base of the tower was at the top of a small hill that overlooked a small building at its base, which was apparently some kind of research facility. The entrance to Destiny Tower loomed before those who ascended the hill, though it would be dark inside until they tried to pass through. The internals were as pristine as the externals, with a long, spiraling stairway that led to the next floor, and then the floor after that... Though there also seemed to be a very bright platform of light in the middle of the bottom chamber. It appeared to be some kind of teleporter, though it had no activation mechanism. Perhaps Arceus himself operated it...

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut cared not about the sights. Compared to the cosmos, a fancy tower was nothing. All that mattered was his son. He needed light. Energy. Even if he wasn't hurt, there was still the risk of some sort of damage to his spirit. "Someone answer me me! I have to get to the top." Bahamut held Cosmog up. "My son... he needs light to wake up!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Silence followed for an uncomfortable amount of time, but then the glowing circle became brighter. And then, after a flash of white, he appeared before Bahamut. Ten feet in height, a lithe frame with a strange, wheel-like decoration around his abdomen, and a horribly powerful aura about him. His green-red eyes looked down at Bahamut, and then at Cosmog, and his face, which lacked a mouth and nose, showed little else in terms of expression.

"Yo," he greeted, and then leaned forward to get a closer look at Cosmog. Almost instantly, he seemed intrigued, though he did not say why. "...He's just chillin'," Arceus said. "Like he ran a marathon all day. Just a little pick-me-up..." A strange tendril of light emerged from behind Arceus' shoulder and drifted toward Cosmog, and already, its delicate body seemed brighter.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Relief flooded his mind, giving him an opportunity to look over the newcomer.

“Excuse me, sir, you appear to be caught in a fence.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
... oh. Then that would mean—

“You are Arceus, then. Apologies. You do not exist where I’m from.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Io was trapped inside Darkwhite's machine," Bahamut whispered. He had a sinking feeling this was her vengeance for his treatment of her back at the Dojo. The rest of the team would have to keep her away from him, because he was likely to try and tear her to shreads if given the opportunity.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Io?" Bahamut couldn't tilt his head down in his prismatic form... because he didn't really have a head. "Son, are you okay?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Arceus watched silently as well, drifting back by about half a foot.

"Nggh... huh?" His yellow eyes blearily opened, staring up at Bahamut. "Nnfff!" He let out a shout that wasn't quite a scream, but still certainly a loud exclamation, as he tried to roll out of Bahamut's hold and onto the ground. "What--" He was making odd motions that did not suit a Cosmog, like he was trying to move limbs he did not have.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Well, that wasn't good. It seemed that he'd... forgotten how to float like a cosmog should. "I think the time in the machine might have impacted his memory." He lifted Cosmog up to what constituted eye level. "Hello. Can you tell me your name?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What are you-- why are you so big?" Cosmog growled. "My name's--" He suddenly stopped, eyes widening in horror, but then he shook his head--therefore his whole body--and said. "Give me some time. I'll remember eventually, I..." He steadied his breath, which was odd because he might not have needed to breathe. "...What... did you do to my body?"

"...Mmm..." Arceus shook his head. "I thought so." He then looked at Bahamut with a slightly apologetic expression. "Real sorry to crash the party, Bahamut. This ain't your son. I can feel his spirit, and... that's a human."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut dimmed to a pitch-black. Oh, how cruel this world could be. Well, he could go uproot a tree in his frustration later. He wouldn't allow a second cosmog to fall on his watch.

"You are a cosmog. A baby nebula that can teleport and open portals between worlds," he said. Bahamut's tone was flat as he held back his own bitterness. The child needed him at his best.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Arceus studied Bahamut, silent, and then drifted to the left to see that nobody was coming just yet. In all the chaos, everyone so focused on their own problems, their shadows, it was Bahamut who was more focused on taking care of an asset they had found.

He was focused. He could give him that.

"I'm... Cosmog... Sounds familiar..." He tried to right himself in an attempt to float, but it was wobbly and clumsy.

"Should take'm to Poppin' Arms," Arceus said, nodding. "You've got a room in there, not sure who they assigned you roommates with, but it'll be there. You passed by it on the way to here."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Roommate?" With his size? "That doesn't sound like a good idea. I will likely crush them on accident."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, I'm willing to help you until you get your bearings straight, little one." Bahamut managed to stave off a wistful sigh. "I've reared a cosmog before."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, cosmog are also considered children of the stars," Bahamut said. He gently rubbed Cosmog's forehead, like he'd done to Io so many times. "I've lived for countless millennia. Most people are going to be young compared to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom