• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's not a living creature. It's a force," Bahamut exclaimed. "For once, there isn't a soul to salvage. Best to dispose of it so it can't threaten another world ever again."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Can't say as I greatly disagree with that," said Brisa, with a shrug. "Alright, well, trainin' don't stop. I expect t'see y'all in practice afore we head in."

She grew quiet, the hackles on her neck prickling at the thought of another encounter with that entity, which most definitely had a mind, if nothing else.

Your eternal truth.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Hmm..." Diyem crossed his arms. "I wonder about that."

When attention turned to Diyem, he paced only for a few steps, looking thoughtful.

"What Bahamut and Pop are saying is correct. It had ultimately become a malevolent force. But if it were as simple as that, it wouldn't be hard to take control of and then eliminate this force through divine power alone. Something is sustaining it... it very well may be a soul at its very core. There is still one spirit that has been left unaccounted for: the Eternatus that Giovanni chased down. Maple, did you find it in your realm?"

"No. There's no trace."

"And the Overseers have been searching for it as well?" Diyem asked, eyes trailing to the quiet Bean.

He nodded. "They work slowly and thoroughly, but so far nothing has been found."

"Mm." Diyem nodded. "This does not change our goals. In the end, restoring a spirit's psyche after becoming a one-minded force is beyond the scope of most of you. Sending it to the Overseers is our best option after it's killed. From there, well... I suppose that will be a path that only I will follow, long after you all return." Diyem paused, thoughtful. "...Ironically, the one I could have perhaps used the most assistance from will remain anyway." He glanced at Bahamut.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Why must it be another blasted eternatus? Bahamut sighed and looked away. “I care not about these Overseers. They’re strangers, as far as I’m concerned. If the thing is in a realm where the usual friendship power is moot, then we play within the realm’s rules. It’s no different than the Reverse World.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Do not show it any mercy," Pop advised. "Not until you are certain it had been defeated and stripped of all its power." He surveyed them for a little while longer, and then nodded. "That will be all, then. And--"

"Actually," Spectrum Owen said, raising a claw. "I sort of... had a question about something. It had to do with the fight at the Colosseum."

Pop listened.

"A few of us suspected that something about it was... unexpected. We thought the Miracle Matters would be strong, yeah, but not that strong. But then, when we kept going, it seemed like... they got a lot weaker, too? In the middle of the fight. Was that... planned? To give some morale to Cibus? I thought it was going to be a true fight."

"It was both," Pop replied, bowing his head. "I'm sorry for not telling you the full context of the battle. The Miracle Matters were too weak to put up a fight on their own after their great travels. I powered them with my own Divine energy. However, I never intended to take it away from them. This was a battle to usurp my own power, and to test how great Cibus' strength can be when unified.

"I broadcasted that battle to all corners of the world to make sure all of Cibus was watching, hoping to see the best from their saviors. It was a test to strengthen you as much as I could... if Team Spectrum was capable of grasping at that power. Telling you about it, ironically, would lessen your chances. Knowledge of that power makes it more difficult to activate, and therefore difficult to test."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa's tail twitched.

"An' as a result of that, are we now expectin' to receive that power from Cibus when we fight the Blacklight in its realm...?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Well, I dare say we're all at the height of our strength," drawled Brisa, tapping a claw on the ground. "I got my doubts as t'whether this li'l experiment has or will pay off in actual fact, but if nothin' else, it demonstrated that we're mighty stubborn in the face of long odds an' the unexpected."

It was true, or at least it felt true. And really, what more could be done?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate's scowl deepened the longer the meeting went on. More of this not being able to negotiate with the Blacklight, needing to kill it, whatever. Nate thought back uneasily to the gardevoir's comment about not attacking and surrendering to the Blacklight--it couldn't be that simple, at least not entirely. But there was probably something to it somewhere. He really needed to see if he could pry some more info out of one of the other Miracle mon, at least to get a sense of where the gardevoir had twisted things. For now, he kept his thoughts on that to himself.

And then Pop went in on how actually the whole fight the other day had just been a setup, and yeah, it was obvious shit had been hinky. What a load of bullshit. If they had to do the damn fight at all, Nate wished it could have been a proper fight, not some god nonsense where who even knew who the fuck would have come out on top if there weren't an arceus in the mix. But whatever, hope and

His mind kept going back to what Diyem had said about the eternatus' fate, assuming the eternatus was still in there somewhere. Fucking Overseers again. "So what exactly do you expect that lot to do," he asked, "with an eternatus that's lost its mind? Or its spirit, or whatever the fuck?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah. Real reassuring." Nate slowly folded his arms. "I was just wondering whether those Overseers might decide they wanted to, you know, experiment on it. Given history and all. Would kinda suck to friendship the hell out of the eternatus or whatever it is and then hand it over to some people who're gonna want to turn it into some kinda galactic supercop thing."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yeah. Real reassuring." Nate slowly folded his arms. "I was just wondering whether those Overseers might decide they wanted to, you know, experiment on it. Given history and all. Would kinda suck to friendship the hell out of the eternatus or whatever it is and then hand it over to some people who're gonna want to turn it into some kinda galactic supercop thing."
Saltriv's eyes widened at that, and their leaf drooped.

"Is...there any chance after well and truly defeating it and it can't fight back and there's no risk...we could save it right there?" Saltriv asked.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I will personally make sure that doesn't happen," Diyem said to Nate. "One reason I want to take him into my Voidlands is that it will, for a time, tie his spirit to mine. If they want to help, then it will have to be with my approval..." Then, with a sigh, he shook his head at Saltriv. "Your expectation of there being no risk... is unrealistic. There will always be risk in a realm of its own creation. No mercy."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Finally. Bahamut silently nodded his approval.

"Okay, great. Sounds like there's a plan, then." He rubbed both sets of wings together. "Go team and all that jazz." The necrozma floated to the exit.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa allowed herself a sigh as quiet as she could keep it.

"I trust everyone to do their best when the time comes," she said.

Luz gave her shoulder a light thump, and the two cats left the tower.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate nodded. "That's good. I know you ain't gonna let nobody get up to nothing shady."

How much could Diyem do about it, though? Hopefully blowing up the Blacklight (...again? There were two Diyems? How the fuck did that work?) would give him some cred with the Overseers, despite the whole running off to Cibus when he wasn't supposed to in the first place. But who could say? They didn't exactly like Dark Matters much. Who knew how many enemies Diyem had on Team Overseer?

Nate dragged his gills through his fingers, thinking. There was the whole final fight to come after this, sure. But while it would hopefully be over for almost everyone on the team, it wouldn't be for Diyem, would it?

Nate still had work to do.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Others were shuffling out as well, though all of them took to heart what had been discussed. Owen took a moment to marvel at how many had truly gathered here; it felt like the world's greatest powers had all come together just this once... Would something like that ever happen again? A small part of Owen hoped that Pansit or Puff was around somewhere taking pictures...

"Yeah," Owen said with Brisa. "Good luck, everyone. And, er, thanks for all the help the whole way."

"Hmph." Giovanni smirked, then looked at his handlers. "Back to the cells, then?"

"You bet." The hulking Slaking gestured for Giovanni to follow, which he did without resistance.

Soon, the group dispersed, the weight of the world hanging above them even after it had been saved.

<><><>​

R17 ~ FINAL BOSS WALKUP ~ The Portal Opens

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The skies were perfectly clear. Destiny Tower was fully repaired. The great lord of all Cibus stood in front of it with his head held high. On his back, his son of the same soul, destined one day to ascend the throne when he was ready, but that would be many, many generations in the future, if that. Whole civilizations may rise and fall before Pop retires into his son's spirit to become whole again.

But none of that would happen if the Blacklight was not defeated.

Team Spectrum, led by Diyem, gathered in front of him.

The Heroes of Light, led by Maple, too, were gathered.

The Representatives of Creation, too, led by Pop himself, stood in a semicircle around the field.

All of the preparations. All of the plans. Every careful detail would finally come into place. The training, the pain, and all of their hope...

There was nothing more to be said.

"Are we ready?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Well, we've done all we can, chief."

Brisa looked around at the gathered throngs. Her eyes met the eyes of certain others. So many brave souls, so many loved ones. Had it really been nearly a year? She'd spent so long in their precious company... And now that time together was coming to a close. Inescapably, they had to end the fight.

"I think we're ready."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut was lying on his back, not really making eye contact with anyone. "Well, I daresay we shouldn't give it more time to fester in its hovel. The omniverse needs to be cured of this... otherworldly infection."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom