• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Drake shot Cola a confident grin and wave. "Thanks for the luck but it ain't like we'll really need it, hehe! We'll be up an' back in no time, without a scratch on us!" He looked over to Vix, who still refused to put her face back on. "Most of us, at least."

Vix seemed to know that Drake was referring to her, and flung a rock at his forehead. It bounced off with a dull plonk. "I'll be fine, this time. You guys don't even gotta worry about me."

"And we're supposed to believe you... just because?" Drake asked, deadpanned.

"Hey, you said it, not me," Vix grinned.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And then, the ground trembled softly, just severely enough to notice, and just long enough that it silenced all the other chatter. And it wasn't stopping, either. It kept going...

Suddenly, a shriek from overhead, like a call to action, got everyone's attention. Lugia and Meringue were flying overhead, toward the sea; following their trail, they noticed that the shoreline was getting closer, fast. The moon was several times its normal size in the sky, and now they could actually see its widening radius in the sky.

"He's gotten faster?!" Owen said. "Uhh--Giovanni! Gonna do that thing?!"

"I'm trying," Giovanni grunted, already spreading his wings wide. "I don't really know how to do... this."

"I'll guide you," Cresselia said.

"Give us time to prepare the portal," Joule said, nodding at Eien, as they drifted to the right of the team and started combining beams of energy into the ground.

"B-but while we're fighting, it's going to keep coming, won't it?" Owen asked frantically. "How can we stop it so there will be a Cibus for us to get back to?!"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Punch it?" Polaris thought aloud. "Bahamut did that a few times back in the day to put moons back into their correct orbit!"

"I could also make myself as large as I wanted using light," Bahamut grumbled. "This flimsy decoy body can't do that and Joule's too busy with the portal stuff."

"Maybe you can take his place, then?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Why didn't we let Bahamut help with the portal making process? That's like, one of his gimmicks, ain't it?" Drake asked, taking a more battle-ready stance since the moon was doing shit and they were all soon to be spaceward. If that was a word.

Silently, Vix shuffled to Drake's side. Even without her eyes, she watched the moon nervously. Little waxy beads of sweat rolled down her head too... and she shook ever so slightly. It was hard to tell of what, but it probably wasn't good.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
As the team deliberated on what to do, it became clear that the best solution was simply to take on Soda as they could. They had no choice; if they were too slow, then it would spell the end for Cibus. They simply had to do everything they could.

"Please, do everything you can," Cresselia said. "We're trying to slow it down, but..."

"Nn... Nnnngh...!" Giovanni was putting an effort into it. Even he recognized that they had a mutual interest in saving the planet. His wings pulsed with light like a heartbeat, getting stronger and stronger. He kept a rhythm. Credit where it was due... he was doing his part. It also looked like, when it was over, he may be too tired to do any other antics immediately.

And then, Destiny Tower brightened amid the world's shaking.

"I am calling out to all creatures of Cibus..."

Pop. And more than just that, there was a new tinge to his voice, an echo that reverberated throughout their spirits, and it was like the whole world had stopped. Everyone knew, on some innate, core level, that this was Arceus speaking to them. It seemed that even the most wild of Pokemon would understand these words.

"A great calamity is approaching Cibus, and the world is in great peril. As we speak, heroes from other realms have gathered together to fight the perpetrator and halt the calamity in its tracks. But they alone cannot save Cibus, and it is up to us to keep our home intact. The world is shaking; the tides are rising; the balance between our moon and our world is deteriorating. As Cibus' new heroes save us all, we must help them from home.

"Save yourselves and your loved ones. Move to high ground and keep away from all buildings. To those of flight, evacuate all you can; to those of water, rescue all who drown. Preserve yourselves above all else; your material things can be replaced and restored, but not your lives.

"You will see around the world, silver-eyed gods."

Images flashed in their minds of several that Team Spectrum knew--Lugia, Dialga, Rayquaza... But their eyes were different. Featureless and instead glowing a pure, silver light.

"Whatever they say, you must follow. It is in your absolute best interest to obey any command they take, as it is in the interest of saving everyone. Cast away your conflicts and strife for but one day as we unify against a cataclysmic threat."

Dialga, Palkia, and all the other Legends looked toward one another and nodded. Buffet, too, looked skyward and closed his eyes. They all did. And for a brief second, they seemed to go limp while standing or floating upright. Then, a spark of light--and an overwhelming energy radiated from them. The next time their eyes opened, it was just as the images had shown. They held no expression; they had submitted directly to Pop's control, to become extensions of his domain. They must have agreed to it beforehand.

Even those foreign to this Cibus were under the same trance. Balm and Cepa had the same looks.

Palkia pointed a claw at Dialga, and he disappeared. Then, Balm and Cepa, and they disappeared. One by one, Legends were sent across the world with Teleporters as the keystone managers.

"Thank you, and continue to hold Hope for all."

The words and presence faded, but Destiny Tower did not stop glowing. The battle for the world was at hand.

"It's ready!" Joule shouted back; the portal was about to open. "Team Spectrum! It's time to go! Good luck!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Drake grabbed hold of Vix, startling her. "Looks like we're up, I dunno if you're scared or not so I'll just force you through the portal anyway."

"What?! N-No, I'm fine, you don't ha--"

"Too late!" Drake huffed loudly, throwing Vix into the portal surprisingly easily. "...Boy I hope she doesn't have any space trauma." The Scrafty looked to those not coming along, and gave them a cocky grin. "See y'all in a minute!" Then jumped into the portal behind Vix.

<><><>​

Last edited by a moderator:
R17 ~ A Moment For Hope

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It was, perhaps, the largest crowd to have ever gathered in front of Destiny Tower.

Heroes of old and new stood together, amounting to what seemed like almost a hundred strong. Team Spectrum, their Void Eternas, the Miracle Matters, the Legends, the Guild, and the Omen Heroes had all gathered up. With security measures in place, Giovanni had even been brought out under supervision of the two S'mores. A few teleportation circles were in the back to bring several people to their proper continents when the briefing was over. They really had gathered absolutely everyone... But despite the likelihood of a great cacophony of murmurs, it was completely silent.

Standing opposite to them were their leadership--Pop in the middle, Diyem to his right, and Maple to his left, both of them in their suppressed forms.

"In one week, everything will be prepared," Pop stated. "Thank you, everyone, for gathering today so I can brief you all on what is to come. First, the Miracle Matters will be here for advice, but their strength is rapidly fading, as predicted. They will not be able to enter the fray with you. However..." Pop looked them all over, nodding. "I have been able to perfect some of my power for this. When you enter the Null Realm to combat the Eternal Blacklight, I will be able to power you from afar to withstand its reality... and send a few others to go in with you. I have determined that the most efficient number I can send, along with Diyem and his team, is four additional fighters."

His face became grave. "This will be a great risk to anyone who goes. But I know that withholding this information is not an option. Those who wish to join the fight directly, approach or be approached by Team Spectrum while they strategize who is best to bring. This is a Null Realm; your powers within the domain of Cibus will not be the same as within the Blacklight's domain. Some of you may become stronger. Others, weaker. In the end, the resonance you share with one another will be your true strength."

"Mhm, and what about the rest of us?" Miracle Diyem asked.

"The Miracle Matters, as well as those who do not enter the Null Realm, are going to remain on Cibus for a different plan that I am still working through. If there is a need--should Team Spectrum fail--we will need to be prepared with contingencies." He shook his head. "I have full confidence in your abilities. But as Cibus' creator and guardian, it is my duty to prepare even for the unlikely."

"Do we know anything about the enemy?" Spectrum Owen asked.

"We do." And as Pop spoke, a projection appeared in front of him. It looked like some kind of fuzzy snapshot with a few diagrams and annotations listed onto it. "I peeked into this realm, still in its infancy, and found its core. I know, now, where to send you, but not what to expect. The distortions are great. There is a central core protected by a powerful barrier; I suspect that this barrier is tied to five orbiting stars around it. Each one seems to be based on one of the five powers, and is gathering energy and dispersing it from around the Null Realm. Destroy the stars, and the barrier should become vulnerable. Afterward... I do not know what rests inside."

"I have a good idea what," Diyem growled, thinking back to what had emerged and escaped on the moon.

"If you have any questions for me," Pop said, "about what I know, or the preparation leading to it, then now is the time to ask. I will be very busy in the coming week."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut scowled. "I'm also twenty-five times your size and will sit on you if necessary."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hey, don't threaten me with a good time."

"Cal." Owen held her shoulder, sighing. "Er--question, Pop. Will the people who come with Team spectrum be as strong as us? You said they might be stronger or weaker..."

"Mm... I'm not sure. But my guess is they will be perhaps more... durable than you usually are, but may also struggle to keep up in the way of how quickly they can perform their techniques. I will do my best to keep them to pace with my power, but the distortion is strong."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Is there a way to test it?” Bahamut thought aloud. “Recreate the conditions, or something similar?”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Resonance, huh? Y'mean in terms of how good our relationships are...?"

Brisa scratched her chin. She'd bonded with many Cibus locals in her time in this world, but only four could come. Some would have more reason to come, some would have less to lose, and it was hard to tell who'd work best with the team in any case...

"Whoever we ask to come with us will be invested. This fight's fer the world's sake, after all, an' those as aren't native to Cibus sure are heroic types."

Beside her, Luz snickered.

"Ah, in general. Exceptin' a certain moonbat, I s'pose. In any case, maybe it'd help t'hear what different folks reckon they could bring to the team's balance, y'know? We got most bases covered, but we sure aren't lackin' fer strikin' power in partic'lar..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop nodded. "Not necessarily the bonds you formed, but simply the power shared in general. No matter who you choose, I suspect they will be of similar usefulness in that domain. As for testing..." He sighed. "There is a way, possibly. But I will need to talk to Bean, Diyem, and make arrangements for some possible pocket worlds to send people to attempt their techniques. That will take time, but perhaps I can find some way to fit it in before the fight. We will then at least have a few days to plan."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Similar usefulness, huh?" Nate scowled at the map Pop had drawn up. "I mean, what, it looks like you got a Shadow thing, and a Divine thing, and an Eterna thing... don't it make the most sense to pick someone who's really good at Radiance shit to go after the Shadow one, and someone with Shadows to go against Radiance, and then I guess like Sword or Eien or somebody for the Eterna one... like that?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz grinned. "If that were true, then we have more'n enough slots to cover all our bases! We'd want Diyem, Eien, a godsquadder and a legend, I guess? With room fer another."

Brisa scrunched up a cheek. "Is it true, though? Plus, we got some serious Blacklight strikers on the team already. Might want more in the way of support, honestly."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's tail twitched. "That's why I advocate testing. See who can synergize with us, if possible."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"At this point, you know as much as I do," Pop said. "Perhaps we can do some testing once I make arrangements... But for now, you will need to make judgements based on your team's capabilities. Any weaknesses you may have, that would be where your assistance from me should cover. I do not think the Eternal Blacklight will have any sense of mercy. If it sees a weakness, it will exploit it."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa raised an eyebrow. "This another one of those, 'realm without hope' situations? Don't bother callin' out to it, destroy it with extreme prejudice, an' all that?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop nodded. "Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible to call out to something of this nature. It cannot be reasoned with. When we were calling out toward this before, it was in an attempt to free people from their hold. Now, we are talking to the very entity itself." Pop lowered his head. "I am sorry. I do not think it is possible to save it. We can only defeat it, and then seal it away for the Overseers to deal with."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom