• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.
R17 ~ vs Bad Fox Man and A̵̻̥̗̠͍̮̲͛̓̿͒̆̾̎̆͗͘͝Ą̷͕̱̤̮̬͖͎̔͋̽̎͠Ȧ̶̱͎̦͌̂̀̀̋̆͗̈̎̒͘͘͝͠Ą̶̧̤̗͖̘͔̥͍̹͔̗̀̍̔̉͊͜ͅA̸̱̯̎̔̉̑̈́̋̆̄̎̎̕͝A̶̍͆̌̈́̀̈́̏͐̎̊̾ͅ
  • unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
    Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Brisa loosened up on the Colosseum sands with an intense dedicaton to the familiar routine of her stretches. There weren't many of these left. She'd appreciate every one of them.

Especially the ones with an emotional weight to them. Dave had done as Brisa had been encouraging him to do and invited Soda, and Flesh was finally going to make good on her invite so long as the two could fight alongside each other. It would be an intimidating prospect, but Brisa liked her chances. Starr and Dave were damn good teammates, after all.

"Pleasure t'finally see what yer made of in the arena, fellas!" she called out, grinning. "Thanks fer comin'!"

Beside her, Dave made one of his faces. What a guy. Hopefully seeing Soda get some cheers would be worthwhile for him, if combat alone wasn't.

Epilogue ~ "The Final Radiant Fight?? Break a Leg, Heroes of Cibus!!"
  • unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
    Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Brisa practically jogged onto the field, raising her zeraora-form's arms to the usual cheers. The tone was a little different now, so soon after the fight with the Blacklight Eternal. Post-combat exhaustion was endemic in Destiny Village, and people wanted something lower-key. Well, a casual fight against the junior members of God Squad, with Icetales as her partner, sounded just right for that.

"Howdy, you two!" called Brisa, genuine joy flooding her body along with the usual pre-combat plasma ignition. "Nice day fer it, don'tcha think?"

She flash-stepped half the length of the arena just to shake Truffle's wing and offer Leg a bow before returning to the starting boundary with Icetales. She gave him a friendly pat on the withers.

"We got this, fella. Just stick to the plan."

This oughta be a fun one.

Epilogue ~ Family Feud
  • Chibi Pika

Stay positive
    Staff
    Pronouns
    they/them
    Partners
    1. pikachu-chibi
    2. lugia
    3. palkia
    4. lucario-shiny
    5. incineroar-starr
    Yeah, this was gonna be a weird one.

Starr stood alongside Astrid, and facing them down on the other side was... Silver and Giovanni. Her alternate universe twin and father. The first time she'd be fighting either of them as they actually were, selves and memories intact. Would've been a shame to leave here without getting a good hit on the boss himself, as opposed to Silver stuck playing his role. Starr hadn't been too sure that they'd even go for this match, when Astrid first suggested it. But somehow, things had lined up, and here they all were.

"Not gonna complain if you decide to sock him in the face at some point!" she called out to Silver, smirking.

Epilogue ~ The New Dark God
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    "It's finally happened, the match so many have been speculating about for so long!" Incineroar announced, waving his arms about theatrically. "Team Spectrum versus their dark leader, the powerful and reformed Dark Matter of another world!"

Diyem huffed, arms crossed, as Incineroar hyped them up, but his eyes were more focused on the battlers in front of him. They were a powerful trio that often fought in the Colosseum; it wasn't too surprising that he would be fighting them of all people.

"Don't think I humored this only because of the crowd," Diyem told them while Incineroar finished his hype. "I wanted to experiment with a few things myself. Don't expect me to hold back." He raised his hand in the air and grasped at something invisible. Darkness sprouted from his palms and formed into his hammer in an instant, which he swung on the ground threateningly.

"Are you ready?"

Diyem held a bag forward, containing several berries and other items that he'd taken per Colosseum regulations. He smirked--which was a rare and unsettling sight from him--and tossed it forward. It burned in a black flame, leaving behind nothing but ash.

Diyem destroyed his items!

He raised his hammer and shot a beam into the sky. Instantly, the afternoon sky disappeared, replaced by dark clouds and nighttime that surrounded the whole Colosseum. White lightning crackled around the dome. The vitality sensors flickered, but then regained themselves.

"Then show me everything you have learned."

The Ritual has begun... Diyem's offenses and defenses went up by 1, and those stats cannot be debuffed!
    A mysterious power ripples through Diyem's body... Diyem gained Resolve+2!

Epilogue ~ Out with a Bang
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    <><><>
    It was the final day.

The crowd was abuzz with activity.

Incineroar Sprout entered the arena first, like usual, but beside him was someone that he was speaking with in hushed, calm tones. This second Pokemon--an Obstagoon--seemed nervous, murmuring back to him in a quickened pace. Incineroar raised a paw and shook his head, then gave him a confident smile. Obstagoon couldn't return it, and that worried look deepened when Incineroar handed something to Obstagoon--a microphone. His microphone. Obstagoon took it with reverence.

"Good luck, Mung," Sprout said with his usual energy, and then, finally, he entered.

Opposite to him were Astrid, Brisa, and Owen. Starr had been off to recover and wrap up her things, and the final fight against Diyem had been satisfying enough. Owen subbed in; a flame for a flame. But Incineroar, too, had embers in his eyes today.

"Hello, everyone!" called a gruffer voice than people were used to. "I hope you're ready for an exciting match today! The... former announcer of Destiny Colosseum, Incineroar Sprout will be battling against some of Team Spectrum's finest! This will be a fond farewell to our experienced host, now, can we get a round of applause for them both in this superstar match?!"

The crowd's roars energized Mung and he seemed to find his rhythm. He must have trained for a while for this; he was almost a natural.

And while the crowd cheered, Sprout gave them all a quizzical look. "Something bothering you? Odd seeing me here, and not there?"

"Very," Owen admitted. "But... I'm also kind of worried that we, um. We saved the world and everything, and I'm not detecting any... extreme power from you."

"Now, let's have some energy!" Sprout said, startling Owen. His voice was so loud even without his mic... "How about we leave that to the blows we exchange? Let's put on a show! Announcer! We are ready!"

"Right! Then if that's the case... let the battle begin!"

Sprout hopped from foot to foot, nodding to himself. "Show me everything. I want to see what you're capable of when I'm the one you're targeting. Don't hold back!"

Incineroar Sprout is raring to fight! The crowd is going wild!

Sprout's Aura is active! He gained +1 Endure for the turn and True Dodge+3! He gained Resolve+2!

Sprout: 5,000
    Stagger: 3

Owen's Insight: He can dodge us, but he doesn't look strong... for now. What's he planning?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom