• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"All right, I guess," Owen said. "Guys! I'm gonna try to set you guys up!"

Owen flew forward, but then his body dissolved. Sprouting from the ground was a tree made of prismatic light. Cal, taking up the rear as support, slithered in front of the tree to help keep it protected while Owen prepared. Meanwhile, a wave of energy radiated outward, further augmenting the power of his team...

Owen used Brilliant Aether and enhanced the stats of his team! Owen gained 2 Defense! Brisa and Astrid gained 2 Speed!
Owen used Sunny Day!
Owen used Umbral Storage -> Protect+5!

Δ Stamina: Tireless
Δ Blacklight: +40/+20
Δ HP: Aether
Δ Misc:+5 Protect Stored, +Sunny, +2 Defense

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa cracked her neck and slammed one zeraora fist into the other zeraora palm. She knew what the crowd liked.

"Don't you worry, Sprout," she called, "I'm gonna do my level goddamn best t'kick yer ass. I expect the same of you, fella!"

The rush of searing Radiance blared in her ears, aerosolised plasma crackled beneath her, and the very air thrummed as she lifted from the arena sands to float, arms crossed, mid-air. For once, Astrid was the taarget of her burning Paragon energy – Brisa knew she could handle the surge. She was already pretty much at her best anyway, huh? This could only be fun.

Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa used Electric Terrain!
Brisa used Magnet Rise!
Δ Stats: +2 Atk, +4 Spd
Δ Stamina: -192
Δ Blacklight: +40 Rad
Δ HP: -25%, -Burn
Δ Misc: +Setup Auras, +1 Protect, +2 Charge

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid joined her allies in the sky—where Owen dissolved shortly after. But his ethereal presence did not wander far. With the breeze, she felt it sink into her body and power her up… and felt Brisa’s own energy sink into her pelt like gnawing teeth, heightening the effect.

“You’re not telling us something,” Astrid lipped at Sprout in the meantime. “It’s making me super curious…”

☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Spite will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up!
Δ Stats: +4 Spe, +2 Atk
Δ Stamina: -120
Δ Corruption: +20 Shd, +40 Rad
Δ Misc: +1 Protect, +1 action, +Recurve:Spite, +Recurve:Metanoia
Notes: -25% HP from Paragon

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oho?" called Sprout. "It sounds to me like you already know what's coming." He gestured to the ground beneath Brisa as she floated above it with her power. "Well! It's not time for that just yet, now is it? Let's go! It's time to begin!"

He pivoted on his paws and then rushed forward with movements completely unlike Starr's. They were lithe, but every single motion felt like part of a well-coordinated rehearsal, practiced combat even as just an announcer. Was it through osmosis, or had he once been a fighter all on his own? He had to have become the aspirant Zygarde somehow...

"To be in the arena, rather than announcing it, after so long. A rare taste of being involved rather than observing! To this... yes! It will be a pleasure. Time to show you what I can do!"

A dark aura formed around his arms as he slashed the air, forming a massive wave of energy. Almost as quickly, he aimed for Brisa, but it was a feint! He pivoted again, suddenly on her other side after a quick weave. He struck true, and this time landed a connection, dark flames striking Brisa on the side!

Sprout used Brutal Swing! It struck Astrid, Brisa, and Owen, destroying their Protects!
Sprout struck at Brisa, but missed!
Sprout's Darkest Lariat partway pierced Brisa's guard, dealing 104 damage!

"You're fighting well!" Sprout called. "But you can do better. I've seen better! Let's see what you can do!"

Sprout Rallied Team Spectrum! Brisa, Astrid, and Owen gained +2 Accuracy! Sprout gained the same! Brisa, Owen, and Astrid gained +50 Charm!

Astrid: 426
Brisa: 400
Owen: 876 + 3 Protects

Sprout: 5,000

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa blew a low breath. That was some supernatural charisma right there. Damnit, she hadn't expected him to get them with interference. Whatever. She'd strike hard, fast, and save enough energy to do it again on the next burst...

She dashed for Sprout faster than most could follow, knowing he was somehow gonna dodge half her goddamn strikes. Slippery motherfucker.

"Let's see how tough you really are, fella!"

[Receive support]
[+7, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Friendship, Charge]
Brisa unleashed her Tenacity!
Brisa used Lightningspeed 2! [Crit]
Brisa used Lightningspeed 2!
Brisa used Titanic Bolt Strike! [SE]
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: -180, then *2
Δ Blacklight: +20/+40
Δ HP: +69 Nice
Δ Misc: +Tree Effect, -Charges

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid lined up to strike, but something was wrong. He was so nimble—even the sharpened vision she gained in her state of Metanoia was no good here.

“Wuh—sit still!” she barked into the wind. “And stop… stop encouraging me like that, it’s making me feel all…”

Uh oh. She needed to attack quickly. Something was happening to her mind that had spread already to her limbs; each movement felt more pleasantly nauseating than the last. Like she’d forget there was a battle going on if she moved too much. That wasn’t good.

Astrid Unleashed!
Blacklight Titan is revving up Brisa…

☄️ Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia activated!

☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Shining Inspiration will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shining Inspiration on Brisa!
☄️ Astrid used Null Triple Axel!
[20 > 40 > 60 BP | +7, SE, Guts, Terrain, HH, STAB]​
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up…
Δ Stats: +2 Acc
Δ Stamina: -126
Δ Corruption: +40 Shd, +55 Rad
Δ HP: set to 1
Δ Misc: +Endure, +Metanoia, +Recurve:Inspo, +1 action

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen changes:
Unleash! ( +60 from Brutal Swing)
Focus (- 15 Radiance from everyone)
Rally Call Brisa (+4 Defense)
Umbral Storage Overheat

Δ HP: +60 Aether
Δ Blacklight: -25/+10
Δ Misc: +2 Stored Overheats, +60 raw

"All right, guys. Keep pace, don't fall for him! But, uh... let's try to... yeah."

Owen shook his head, trying to ignore the strange thoughts creeping into his head.

"Sprout doesn't look half bad, huh?" Owen asked the team.

As Sprout swung at them, he smiled at them in a way that Owen thought was only possible in magazine ads.

Sprout nullified two of Brisa's CRITICAL Extreme Speeds as well as her Bolt Strike!
Brisa's second Lightning Speeds dealt 2494 damage to Sprout!
Astrid's Triple Axel dealt 2176 damage to Sprout!

Sprout counterattacked with another Brutal Swing!
Astrid: Endure!
Brisa: Dodged!
Owen: Blocked!

Sprout used Fury Swipes on Owen, destroying his barrier and then dealing 14 damage!
Sprout used Flame Charge on Owen, dealing 18 damage! Sprout's Speed increased by 1!

"You're doing well so far!" Sprout called. "But don't think that's everything! You can get faster! Let's pick up the pace!"

Sprout rallied everyone! Everyone's Speed went up by 2!

Astrid: 1
Brisa: 469
Owen: 904 Aether

Sprout: 330

Brisa and Astrid became Charmed!

Owen's Insight: That's all? No... He's building toward something. He knows more than just those moves, but they're... sealed!

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
[flavor]

☄️ Astrid Focused!
☄️ Astrid paid the sexy Incineroar tax…
☄️ Astrid Focused! She exited Metanoia!
☄️ Astrid paid the sexy Incineroar tax…

Astrid was healed of her Infatuation!

☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia will activate next turn!

Astrid’s Eternal Spirit is burning! She’ll burn bright!
Astrid is brimming with Blacklight! It’s too much! She performed Blacklight Meltdown on Sprout!

[200 BP | +6, UE, STAB, Stagger]
Δ Stats: +5 Mag, +Owen
Δ Stamina: -75
Δ Corruption: set to 30/30
Δ Misc: +Owen, +Recurve:Metanoia
Notes: interweave with Owen as specified in Namo’s post

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa blinked. Gods, it was weird seeing a strong, confident incineroar besides Starr move like that on the battlefield. He fought pretty differently, but still. If she squinted, it was almost like she was watching Starr drill a different moveset. It was . . . enjoyable.

Good fucking gods, ranger! Getcher fuckin' head screwed back on!!

Ah, fuck.

"Owen, work through this later! Time t'fight; give us our tempo back!"

Brisa focused deeply!
Brisa focused deeply!
Brisa called out to Owen!
Δ +50% stm
Δ 30/30 BL
Δ +69 Nice HP
Δ Bestow

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen Focused and gave Astrid +1 Magic, Brisa +1 Attack, and himself +1 Defense!
Owen Called Astrid and increased her Magic by 4!
Owen used Eterna Bestow, granting Astrid and Brisa all of his benefits!

Changes: +60 HP Eterna
+60 raw power
Cured Charm
30/30 corruption

Astrid's Blacklight Meltdown dealt a CRITICAL 434 damage to Sprout, reducing his HP to 0!

The smoke cleared, but Sprout was still standing, looking proud. Green sparks this time, a new kind of energy perhaps, danced around his body through the blurry haze...

"Very good, very good!" Sprout said, chuckling. "I guess that means it's time for me to get serious...! Yes! It's now time... to show my hidden powers! Cibus, watch and be amazed, as I change right before your eyes!"

Sprout used Divine Hybridization! His form changed...! He became stronger!
Sprout used Brutal Swing!
Astrid: Blocked!
Brisa: Dodged!
Owen: 16

"A hundred cells, a Thousand Arrows! Rain from the sky!" Despite the dramatic words, it still sounded like he was announcing the attacks from a fight. He certainly knew how to put up a show...

Sprout used Thousand Arrows!
Astrid: Blocked!
Brisa: 87
Owen: 34

"Hmm! It looks like you're still too strong for me! That's just fine!" Sprout hopped on two legs. "I just have to pick up the pace!"

Sprout rallied the team! Everyone's Attack went up by 2!

Brisa: 635
Owen: 964

Sprout: 7,500

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa swore under her breath. Sprout's dancing and calling and infuriating evasiveness were getting to her.

"I'm gonna take him apart," she spat, and roared as she contrived to unleash a lightningstorm on the aspirant zygarde's position.

[+10, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Friendship, Charge]
⚡Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, and electrified her moves.
⚡Brisa used Shining Whiplash, then Lightningspeed 3! The Electric Overheat Barrage was released!
⚡Brisa used Titanic Bolt Strike! [SE]
⚡Brisa used Lightningspeed 3!
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: Yes
Δ Blacklight: +50/+50
Δ HP: +69 Nice
Δ Misc: +Tree Effect

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
☄️ Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia activated!

Vision and thoughts no longer blurry, Astrid pivoted and refocused on her friends.

“Pace is kind of our thing!”

☄️ Astrid used Shining Inspiration on Brisa!
☄️ Astrid used Blacklight Z-burst!
[140 BP | +10, SE, Guts, Terrain, HH, STAB]​
Δ Stats: +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: -160, then set to 250
Δ Corruption: set to 30/30
Δ Misc: +2 Recurve:Inspiration, +Z-busted

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'll back you up!" Owen called.

Owen Focused, raising his Resistance by 1, Astrid's Magic by 1, and Brisa's Attack by 1!
Owen called Brisa, raising her Resistance by 4!
Owen stored more Overheats!

Sprout nullified Brisa's Overheat barrage, but her Extreme Speeds dealt a total of 4949 damage!
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 2049 damage!
Astrid's Z-Burst dealt 1565 damage to Sprout, reducing his HP to 0!

"D-Dad!" Mung called, but then quickly cleared his throat and said, "I-it seems that Team Spectrum has done a real number of Sprout this time! But how will he counter? It seems that his energy is getting even higher than before! W-wait! What's this?"

And for a moment, there was a hesitating noise in Mung's voice. He knew it was coming, and yet now, it actually happening.

"It... looks like it's finally happening! Sprout... are you making your decision?!"

"I am!" Sprout called, his voice even more booming than before. "You've all done a wonderful job... showing me how all of you fight. And I wanted to save a special occasion like your departure... for the next step in my life. In the arena, where some of the greatest battles have taken place!

The smoke cleared, showing Sprout in a kneel. "This... isn't even my final form," he whispered, and even that echoed across the arena. "THIS... is my final form!"

Green lightning exploded out in all directions. Sprout grew several times his size, fur turning to hexagonal scales, as a titanic creature unlike either of the Zygarde they'd seen before appeared in front of them. His expressionless eyes glimmered with excitement.

"Team Spectrum!" Zygarde cried. "This will be your final challenge!"

Sprout used Divine Ascent! He became Zygarde!

"Keep fighting," Zygarde said. "I won't allow you to give anything but your best against me! This body needs to be introduced to the world the Cibusean way!"

"...By beating it up?" Owen clarified.

"YES!"

Zygarde used Divine Equalizer! Comets rained down from the sky, magnetizing toward the team!
Astrid was hit 39 times, but she endured!
Brisa was hit 27 times, but she blocked 5 and dodged 1! The other 21 hit for 483 damage!
Owen was hit 12 times, taking 83 damage!

Zygarde used Core Enforcer!
Astrid: Endure!
Brisa: 116
Owen: 36

All of their Abilities were sealed!

Zygarde rallied Team Spectrum, raising their Magic and his own Magic by 2! Brisa and Astrid were Charmed!

Brisa: 105
Owen: 822

Zygarde: 10,000

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
☄️ Recurve! Shining Inspiration activated! Astrid was Inspired by Brisa!

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Owen stuck briefly in limbo. Knees weak, head heavy, she crumpled in place, but waved him off all the same.

“Brisa, h… heal Brisa! I’ll be fine…!”

Just as quickly as it had departed, the ferocious static was back. The veil gripped at her again, but took hold this time. Her critical thinking, her self-awareness—nearly gone. Nearly.

She breathed, breathed again, and nodded a small nod. To herself mostly. She had just enough to get through. She believed it. She’d risk it.

“Almost… there…!”

☄️ Astrid used Voidbound! It chained into Flail!
[160 BP | +11, UE, Guts, HH, STAB, Crit]
☄️ Astrid paid the sexy biblically-accurate angel tax…
☄️ Astrid paid the sexy biblically-accurate angel tax…
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up!
Δ Stats:
Δ Stamina: -30
Δ Corruption: +60 Shd, +20 Rad
Δ Misc: +1 action, +1 Sure Crit
Notes: please die me very hard

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[flavour in the morning: marvel at the transformation, get bestowed, go ape shitt, whiplash him, friends are great]

Brisa squinted up at a titanic figure, the kind of motherfucker you'd normally need a whole team to fight. Yet here they were, squaring up against a guy who could practically see over the Colo stands. Alright. Hopefully he wouldn't fall too hard when they dusted him... Good gods, he was really something.

Another of Owen's Radiant gifts hit her like a surge of adrenaline and a roaring flame, and wind and weather she snapped out of her trance, again.

"Gonna let him have it," she muttered, conscious of the way her broiling energies prevented her going all-out.

Dark storm; bright tethers; striking in an instant.

Hope y'didn't think this'd be easy, pal. Y'ain't seen our limits yet.

[+11, Stab, Guts, Friendship, UE]
⚡Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, and electrified her moves.
⚡Brisa used Shining Whiplash, then Blacklight Extremespeed 2! The Electric Overheat Barrage was released!
⚡Brisa used Overcharged Blacklight Z-Burst! [236 bp, Crit]
Δ Stats: +Res, +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: Bust
Δ Blacklight: Bust, then +30/+50
Δ HP: Bust, then +35
Δ Misc: Saved crit

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen Focused again, and gave Resistance to his whole team!
Owen Called Astrid, granting her extra Evasion!
Owen used Shining Bestow on Brisa!

Δ Stats: Bestow to Brisa, +1 Resistance
Δ Blacklight: +10 radiance, -10 Shadow

Zygarde parried Astrid's attack and Brisa's Z-Burst, as well as one of her Extreme Speeds! The other Extreme Speed and the Overheat Barrage hit, dealing 506 damage with the Extreme Speed and then 3389 with the Overheats and raw extra power!

Zygarde used Divine Equalizer again!
Astrid: Ouch
Brisa: Took 44 hits! 5 were blocked and 1 was dodged, and then she took 616 damage!
Owen: Took 11 hits for 58 damage!

Zygarde used Extreme Speed on Owen, thrice, dealing 209 damage!

Zygarde used Endure!

"All this time, I have believed in you!" Zygarde shouted. "Every battle, I watched, and in the end, I was rooting for either victor. Seeing you all come out on top has filled me with such inspiration... Continue! Show me everything that you can do, one last time!"

Zygarde inspired the team! Everyone's Speed increased by 2!

Astrid: Blaze of Glory
Brisa: Blaze of Glory
Owen: 517 + Aether

Sprout: 6,105

Owen's Insight: He's out of tricks. We know everything he can do!

"G-guys?" Owen called worriedly. "Don't leave me with that thing!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"We got this, Owen," cried Brisa, as she kited Sprout for the final combo. "Let him have every strike y'can muster!"

Salt and sand, he was tough, and she and Astrid were on their last legs. Was Owen really gonna have to finish the fight?

...If he did, it'd be a hell of a full circle.

I believe in you, my friend.

Brisa grunted with effort, and with a ninefold crack of thunder, she struck out at their opponent.

[+12, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Friendship, Crit]
⚡Brisa used Overcharged Lightningspeed 3! [Charge]
⚡Brisa used Voidbound Lightningspeed 3!
⚡Brisa used Whiplashed Lightningspeed 3! [+296]
Brisa flared out! KO!
Δ Stats: no
Δ Stamina: no
Δ Blacklight: no
Δ HP: no
Δ Misc: farewell, Colosseum.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
☄️ Astrid used Shining Inspiration! She was Inspired by Brisa!
☄️ Astrid used Radiant Flail!

[160 BP | +12, Guts, Terrain, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.2]
☄️ Astrid Focused! She exited Unleashed!
☄️ Astrid used Blacklight Triple Axel!

[20 > 40 > 60 BP | +8, UE, STAB, LB=1.2]
☄️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Blacklight Triple Axel!
[20 > 40 > 60 BP | +12, Guts, Terrain, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.2]

Astrid is brimming with corruption! It’s too much!
Astrid performed an uncontrolled Blacklight Meltdown on the whole field!

[100 BP, Physical | +8, UE, STAB, Crit, LB=1.2]

…Astrid’s Last Wish fully revitalized Owen! His Flinch, HP, and stamina were cured, and he received all of Astrid’s buffs!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sprout dodged one of Brisa's attacks, but the rest dealt a total of 3652 damage!
Zygarde dodged the Flail and the last of the Triple Axel, but the rest dealt a total of 1402 damage!

Owen Focused, then used Umbral Storage for 2 Overheats!

Astrid's Blacklight Meltdown dealt 566 damage to Zygarde and 692 damage to Owen's tree, destroying it... but then Owen was fully healed to max HP and stamina!

Zygarde has +5 Speed! He can act 5 times!

Zygarde's Divine Equalizer struck 54 times and dealt 345 damage to Owen!
Zygarde's Thousand Arrows dealt 131 damage to Owen!
Zygarde's Triple Extreme Speed dealt 185 damage to Owen!
Zygarde's Core Enforcer dealt 90 damage to Owen! Owen's Ability was sealed!

"H-heh... heh... are you finished? Is that... the best you can do?!" Zygarde called, nearly kneeling, but not quite down. The dust settled; green arrows, silver energy, massive gashes on the ground, and even a great fissure through the sand... The Tree was destroyed by Astrid, and yet Owen had been left standing.

"You... How did you withstand that?! Those were all of my strongest attacks! I--then I'll defend! Your defenses... can't get any stronger anyway!"

Zygarde Rallied everyone, raising their Resistance by 2!

Owen: 116

Zygarde: 485

--

"So, you just need me to go in there, save that place from some little problem, and that's it?" Owen asked, frowning. I won't be away from home for too long, right? I... There are things I still need to do there.

"No time will pass," Diyem replied coolly. "With my powers enhancing you, this should... help. Assuming all goes well."

"You don't sound all that confident..."

"I don't have any time, Owen." Impatiently, he pointed at the portal. "Please."

Owen hummed again, sizing the Charizard up. He crossed his little arms, and Diyem seemed to twitch.

"There's a lot you aren't telling me," he said. "Why?"

"...I'm sorry. If I explained everything, I'd... run out of time."

"You just don't want me to know," Owen said. "...Mmh... But I'll help. I can tell that you don't mean... to do anything terrible. And, something about you..."

Diyem was silent, tense.

He shook his head. "I'll go. Get ready to help me from here, I guess? But on one condition."

"Hurry up. Whatever it is, yes, yes, I'll do it to the best of my ability."

Owen walked toward the portal, giving one last glance at Diyem. "When it's all over, you'll tell me why you knew my name."

--

"I'm still standing," Owen said, taking a steady pace forward, "because... that's how we are. That's how Team Spectrum... is. We can face down anything... and counter. We've shown that, over and over. Legend, god, and beyond. We've stood up to it and countered it with its own powers. That...! That is what we've fought for! And now that it's all over... That is the legacy we'll leave behind. This crowd... it's making my Perceive go crazy." He tittered madly, eyes wide. "But I know what it's for. And I know my friends... guided me.

Owen used Shining Bestow on himself, twice!
Owen Focused...
Owen used up 69 stamina and gained some corruption.

"How long can you keep this up?" Owen asked.

Zygarde used Divine Equalizer on Owen, striking 56 times, dealing 352 damage!
Zygarde used Core Enforcer, dealing 89 damage!
Zygarde used Thousand Arrows, dealing 136 damage!
Zygarde used Endure!
Zygarde Rallied everyone for +2 Resistance!

"I... was going to ask the same of you!" Zygarde said with a nervous laugh. "You surely cannot keep up with these attacks..."

"You obviously haven't met Dad," Cal said, appearing underground. "You're all set, Pops!"

"Not yet," Owen hummed. "Not just yet..."

Owen used Shining Bestow on himself, then Umbral Storage for Overheats, and then Focused! His corruption became 70/50, and he only has 36 stamina left!

Zygarde used Divine Equalizer on Owen, striking 56 times to deal 351 damage!
Zygarde used Core Enforcer, dealing 92 damage!
Zygarde used Thousand Arrows, dealing 133 damage!
Zygarde used Extreme Speed x3, dealing 188 damage!
Zygarde raised his Resistance by 2 again! It's maxed out!

There it was. His guard was down. The perfect shot, as perfect as it would get.

"This is always our answer to any impossible task," Owen said.

"I'll admit... seeing your team in action is different than announcing it," Zygarde said, glancing at Mung, who was nearly speechless at the barrage Team Spectrum had endured.

"I came to Cibus first," Owen said, "and it looks like I'll be landing the final blow, too. But this isn't just me. This... this is everyone. Diyem, Brisa, Astrid... And everyone who isn't in this arena right now. I'm only strong because they're so strong. They were there for me at my lowest."

Owen was walking forward, now. Zygarde stepped back to gain some distance. Didn't matter.

"Hey, Sprout?"

"Yes?"

"You helped fill Cibus with hope more than anyone, didn't you? Was that your goal with how favorably you depicted us during all these matches?"

"Well, er..."

"Thanks, for that. On behalf of Diyem, who isn't really good at giving thanks."

I heard that.

Owen smiled a little wider. "I think we win, though."

"How do you know?"

With one hand, Owen tapped his horns. "Just a guess. I think I'm used to the crowd now."

With his other, he snapped his claws. A spark of Shadowy energy jutted out from his hand as a flash of madness seemed to wash over Owen's eyes... But it was controlled. A controlled mania.

And then, it was all over.

Owen used Shining Bestow on himself, using 35 stamina! He has 1 stamina left!
Owen focused... Breathe in. Out. Meditate.
Owen finally launched Void Demon!
Zygarde nullified the fixed damage! Zygarde blocked the extreme raw power attack, and one Overheat!
The three remaining Overheats dealt 592 damage... finally defeating Sprout!

No Tree. No more tricks. Owen stood there as Cal finally emerged from the soil, dusting herself off, and as she helped Astrid and Brisa up next.

Owen looked back, grinning. "Brisa! Astrid!" He lumbered over to them with heavy, energetic, tireless footsteps. "We won!"

Whatever he said next was drowned out by the crowd.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shook her mane free of Colosseum dust and coughed a little in the cloud.

"Knew we could count on ya, fella," she wheezed. "I wanna see that fuckin' replay footage."

She patted Owen firmly on the shoulder while she caught her breath, then gave him a firm hug when she had it.

Then, there was Astrid.

"Pretty wild move fer us t'flare out like that t'gether," said Brisa, grinning sheepishly. "Good thing this great big lunk had the strength t'finish up fer us, huh."

Her face tightened with emotion. This was their final match. Sure, she could schedule impromptu fights in their final hours. She could start a battle on the street with any random passerby. It wouldn't matter; this was the one everyone would remember.

Fuck it.

Brisa reached out, took Astrid in her arms, pulled her close, and kissed her on the cheek.

Oh, hell. You just . . . did that, huh?

Brisa grinned. Yeah, she just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom