• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa didn't waste breath on words while she had striking to do. Diyem was a ponderous opponent when harried by the right techniques, and if she was lucky, and attracted less attention than Astrid's characteristic leap towards the void, she'd cling to consciousness a little longer. One shield, then another, pacing herself, she'd do her goddamn job...

But when the trio struck as one, their synergy generating enough power to make the sensors flicker, she couldn't help but give her all.

Are you proud of us, Voice of Darkness?

Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning! No holdin' back!
Brisa used Extreme Speed 2! [enough]
Brisa used Whiplash Extreme Speed 3! [enough]
Brisa focused, and left Unleash...
Brisa used Whiplash Void Arcstrike! It became Brilliant Fusion Arcflare! [+6, Stab, Guts, UE, Terrain, Friendship, Charge, Link Boost, +296]
Brisa is still wound up...
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: yes
Δ Blacklight: +20/+20
Δ HP: 1
Δ Misc: -Unleash, +1 Action
Δ Turn Order: Brisa > Starr > Astrid

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The strikes took away Diyem's protective shell with ease, but the moment it broke through his barrier, rather than see Diyem himself, there was something else that got in the way. Something that had been hidden behind that barrier. A flash of someone all too familiar. Smaller, though. A Zorua-demon, somewhere between Bahamut and a young Ionys. But Brisa struck it, destroying it instantly...

Brisa's Void Arcstrike struck The Eternal Blacklight for 1171 damage, defeating it!
Starr's Brilliant Flarestrike dealt 2262 damage to Diyem! Starr took extreme recoil!
Astrid's Flail was nullified by Diyem's ability!
Astrid's second Flail dealt 3038 damage to Diyem!

"Urgh..." Diyem was barely able to hold up his shields. "That... would have gotten me. It truly would have..."

The stunned silence of the crowd was almost palpable. They'd all seen it. Even the battle itself seemed to come to a brief pause as Diyem finished the ritual that had happened within that barrier. "Do not think I am careless... That I do not know how to defend against my own subordinates. To think that you could blast through my shields in one turn, and then stagger me... Laughable. Perhaps in the past, when I channeled everything I had into you.

"But now... Eien and I have a new partnership."

It emerged again. It was drifting out of his hammer, forming into that mutant form again. There was a shining glow coming from his eyes--The Eternal Blacklight's eyes. He seemed... excited. Happy? Was he happy...?

"But with my own blood and my own knowledge of that abyssal darkness, I captured, tamed, and came to a mutual understanding with our very foe. Used the very theories the Overseers had used upon me to help him. Now our blood and darkness works hand in hand."

Diyem slammed his hammer on the ground and pointed it at them. The Eternal Blacklight floated protectively around him, linked in spirit the same way Maple had Ionys.

"His name will be Inan."

Diyem used Abyssal Ritual, thrice!
The ritual is complete!
All of Diyem's attacks are Ultra Effective, except against Shadow, which become neutral!
Diyem gained the Shield Breaker attribute!
Diyem can chain Abyssal Onslaught into itself!
Diyem gained Effectiveness Resistance!
Diyem gained immunity to status effects and debuffs!
Diyem gained Endure unless at 1 HP at the end of his turn!

Diyem: 1,366
Inan: 1,000

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid heaved, exhausted, and throughly confused by that. “H-hey, why didn’t you pummel me into the—”

There it was.

The Eternal Blacklight.

“Oh.” One blink, then two. A fight to the death had been their most recent interaction, followed of course by the revelation that there was a soul there to begin with. It was alive… and had just been given purpose by Diyem, of all people.

“It’s so… so cute! Wow, it’s like your very own familiar! Toast has a brother~”

Astrid’s in stamina jail!

☄️ Recurve! Astrid entered Metanoia!
☄️ Astrid Focused!

[Unleash]
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up!

Astrid’s Eternal Spirit is burning! She’ll burn bright!
☢️ Astrid struck Diyem with Blinding Meltdown!

[+6, UE, STAB]
Δ Stats: +2 Accuracy
Δ Stamina: +250
Δ corruption: set to 0
Δ Misc: +Titan, +Endure, +1 action

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Nevermind Inan, Astrid was cute as hell. Love her.

But there was a fight to win, and Brisa intended to see it through, no matter how broken and bruised she felt.

"Welcome to Cibus, kid," she drawled, wiping blood from her brow. "Why don'tcha show us what ya got?"

Brisa let up her paws, and – literally – moved like lightning. Flash-stepping from spot to spot, launching a Blacklit strike with signature efficiency, and loosing the built-up power at Diyem with grim enthusiasm.

⚡ Brisa used Endure...
🌟 [Stab, Guts, Link Boost]
⚡ Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Lightningspeed 3! [+6, Terrain, Charge, Crit]
🌟 Brisa unleashed her Tenacity!
⚡ Brisa used Blacklight Facade! [+8, UE]
⚡ Brisa used Blacklight Z-Burst! [+10, 196 bp]
Δ Stats: +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: Bust
Δ Blacklight: Bust
Δ HP: Bust, then +23
Δ Misc: +Unleash, -1 Charge

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Nope, Starr wasn't hallucinating. That really was the Eternal Blacklight floating in front of Diyem, no longer looking like some kind of screwed-up amalgamation, but rather... a weird little ghostly Zorua. Bouncing excitedly like he was hype to be here despite getting blasted to pieces by Brisa.

"So that's why you wanted to fight us," Starr commented, smirking. "Had to call in outside help, I see how it is." And just who the hell was going to stop him.

Starr's claws flared up with dark fire. One last strike before everything went to hell. Had to make it count.

- Starr focused. [Remain Unleashed]
- Starr used Umbral Insolence! She lost 646 HP.
- Starr used Fiery Power Trip on Diyem two times! One was critical! [+12, STAB, Blaze, Sun, 37 stages]
Δ Stamina: -215
Δ Blacklight: +10/+30
Δ HP: -25% (Resolution)

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Lightningspeed dealt 748 damage!
Brisa's Facade dealt 502 damage, defeating Inan!
Brisa's Z-Burst was nullified by Diyem!

Starr's two Power Trips dealt a total of 1513 damage to Diyem, but he endured!
Astrid's Blinding Meltdown couldn't be suppressed! It blasted through Diyem's Endure! Diyem lost his final Resolve!

"AAAGH!" Diyem staggered back from that one, snarling. Even after his ritual had been complete, they'd found a way to break through. He shouldn't have left much to chance, but of course Astrid would find a way through. Her airheaded, Radiance-scrambled mind must have been tuned to finding the perfect ways to explode, like some sort of deranged Voltorb...

"Fine. Then this shall be our final dance," Diyem said lowly. "Once more, you battle against a god. Your god."

As Diyem started in initial onslaught, the shadows around his body was changing and churning in a great spiral of sinister energy, one that Team Spectrum was all too familiar with from their patron. Excitedly, Inan reemerged and rode those waves of corruption like they were from the ocean's whims. The clouds snapped with more thunderclaps; everything was dark, illuminated only by Starr's flames, Astrid's Radiance, and Brisa's sparks.

Diyem used Abyssal Onslaught against Astrid, dealing catastrophic damage, but it was Endured! It chained into Onslaught, which he redirected to Starr, dealing 1993 damage! Starr was KOed, then Revived! Diyem healed for 64 HP!

"Now, perhaps we are even," Diyem said to Starr, smirking. "After all, I chose to remove my items. Is this not familiar to you, Astrid?" It wasn't as if this was the first time Astrid fought someone who summoned an ally or two instead of bringing items. Before they could respond, Diyem spun his warhammer, conjuring a cocoon-like shell once again. But this time, a deep darkness poured out from the tiny cracks in the shell. Diyem was becoming something...

Diyem used Abyssal Shell, gaining +5 Abyssal Protects!
Diyem used Abyssal God inside the shell... but his form's appearance is unknown!

Diyem's ability is changing...

Diyem: 6,730, +5 Abyss Protect

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
She was getting . . . tired. Diyem was giving them the fight of their goddamn lives and then some. Every limb felt like so much pulverised muscle tissue and shattered bone, even as Blacklight energy stitched her back together and sealed her wounds.

Do yer job, ranger. You can rest when this thing is done.

Her gals needed her to take out those shields. So she damn well would. A five-fold strike would do – save the rest of her energy for the final sprint.

"You're killin' me, Chief," she drawled, and sidestepped into a blind spot, the better to strike.

Brisa wound up...
Brisa used Espeed 2 and 2! [+10, Guts]
Δ Stamina: -68
Δ Blacklight: +30/+30
Δ HP: +23
Δ Misc: +1 Action

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
There was pain. Even with the golden sheen of Metanoia protecting her from harm’s way, the last two iconic blows of Diyem’s combo left her writhing. Still up, but lightning and static fuzz had betrayed the feeling in her limbs. Each step hurt—she’d been in this state for a while without going down, hadn’t she? It was wearing on her, and yet…

“It is familiar,” Astrid commented, reviver seed lodged delicately between her teeth. “I fell behind back then, against Chip. But I haven’t now, have I?”

Darkness in her eyes. A void that left her with nothing to protect her, and left Diyem with nothing else to touch before her, were he to strike. She knew, she always knew there’d be pain, but this confidence of hers was too foreign to let go of. With days left to live like this, she didn’t know if she’d ever grasp it again.

So, shaking off the wear from his previous Onslaught, she stood up and faced down her god.

“If you strike me down… if you strike at all… you know what happens next.”

Blacklight Titan is revving up Starr…

☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Shining Inspiration will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve again! Another Shining Inspiration will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shining Inspiration on Starr!
☄️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Null Flail!

[160 BP | +12, SE, Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit]
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up!
Δ stamina: -160, then -120
Δ corruption: +90 Shd, +90 Rad
Δ misc: +1 action, +2 Recurve:Inspiration, +1 Sure Crit

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The golden light of a Reviver Seed washed over Starr, and as always, she found herself able to move what had definitely been crushed and useless just a few seconds prior. The pain, blinding at first, quickly faded to more of a phantom echo. She wiped a bit of blood from her lip and stood up, taking things in. Diyem had that massive dark fortress thing going on again. Inside he was doing who knows what. Fun fun.

Well, no sense screwing around, they'd have to break it open sooner or later. Another flash of Radiance coursed through Starr's fur, and she let loose a burst of blue flame.

Starr unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Endure!
- Starr used Shining Renegade on a Protect! [295 dmg]
- Starr used Titanic Blue Flare on Inan! [+12, STAB, SE, Blaze, Sun, Friendship]
Δ Stamina: -119
Δ Blacklight: +50/30
Δ HP: -
Δ Misc: +Endure, +1 Sure Crit, Renegade

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You're killin' me, Chief," she drawled,

"If you were truly my enemy, killing you would only be the first thing I'd do."

The shell shattered, just as before. And within it was Inan, also like before...

Starr's Titanic Blue Flare dealt 743 damage to Inan!
Astrid's Null Flail dealt 1310 damage to Inan, defeating him again!

“If you strike me down… if you strike at all… you know what happens next.”

The shell disappeared, and within, something horrible rumbled and emerged, far larger than it had any right to be.

"You know as well as I do," Diyem said, "that I no longer have a choice!"

It was a monster. Towering over everything, even the Colosseum itself, forcing Incineroar to hop a few barriers to get out of harm's way--though he still never stopped dictating the match--was Diyem in a form that resembled Maple's full splendor within the Voidlands. Rather than a bright gold, however, the dominant color was black and a deep, deep purple.

Within his wings' membrane were flitting embers--spirits of the Voidlands, all watching. All cooperating with him. The grinning face of that Gengar was in the left wing, commenting something that only Diyem could hear. And in Diyem's chest was a bright core where Inan once again emerged, protecting it with an eager frenzy in his eyes.

"This is the power of Cibus, Inan," Diyem said.

"Cibus... power..."

"It is their hope that can stand against me, even as they are felled. They rise again. Their own hope gave rise to my own power... And Cibus is a world I will defend."

"Defend... Cibus. Defend... hope?"

"Yes. You felt it from all of their blows, didn't you?"

Inan stared at Brisa in particular, and then nodded.

"That is what you must learn. Are you ready?"

"Ready... ready!" He nodded. "Ready... for hope! Um... D... Diy..."

Diyem smiled. "You may call me father."

Diyem became a titanic monstrosity!
Diyem used Blacklight Replica, which became Shining Whiplash! He used it on all three of them!
Astrid: Ouch
Starr: Endure!
Brisa: 74!

I know what you're planning. Show Cibus what you are capable of... if you survive THIS.

Diyem used Blacklight Apocrypha on Astrid, Brisa, and Starr!
Astrid: Ouch, but she revived!
Starr: Endure!
Brisa: 6,848! Brisa activated Blaze of Glory! Diyem healed for 41 HP!

Diyem used Abyssal Curse on Starr, lowering her Speed by 2 and losing one action!

"Show me all of your power... heroes of Cibus. Team Spectrum. My... friends." He stared at them with such intense, great eyes. But within all of that darkness, all of that sinister power, was familiarity. Control. This was nothing to him... And in fact, perhaps for the first time in a long while... it looked like Diyem was having fun.

Inan was summoned and is protecting Diyem. Diyem's current damage reduction is 0%

Astrid: 1
Brisa: Blaze of Glory!
Starr: 1

Diyem: 6,771

Diyem is too big to use Abyssal Shell!

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid’s eyes traced Diyem’s skycraping ascension into the sky. On fresh legs, little but the wind and friction separated her advance from an instantaneous motion. In that seamless instant, she’d flown up to meet Diyem’s eyes with her own, where she sought out the life within those blackened irises… and hoped he could see the flames in her own. This was fun.

All the while, she’d prepared to fall again. To rise again.

☄️ Recurve, twice! Astrid was Inspired by Starr and Brisa!

“We can survive anything.”

☄️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Null Freeze Shock!
[140 BP | +12, UE (SE), Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.3]
☄️ Astrid is charging…
☄️ Astrid used Null Ice Burn!

[140 BP | +12, UE (SE), Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.3]
☄️ Astrid used Null Flail!
[160 BP | +12, UE (SE), Guts, Terrain, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.3]
☄️ Astrid performed a Null basic strike!
[40 BP | +6, LB=1.3]
Δ Stamina: -228
Δ Corruption: set to 0/0, then +70 Shd, +30 Rad
Δ Misc:

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Goddamn. Starr wasn’t sure what was more surprising—Diyem turning into that thing or Diyem having fun. He was actually having fun. And so was the Eternal Blacklight, Inan. It was nuts. Cibus was nuts. She loved it.

The light of Endure faded, and Starr was still standing in the face of all Diyem’s blows. Didn’t seem like it should have worked, but it had.

He’d done his worst. Now time for theirs.

Starr dispelled Renegade.
- Starr used Leech Life! [+12, Friendship, Crit]
- Starr used Fusion Arcflare! [150bp, +12, STAB, UE, Blaze, Sun, Friendship, Reckless]
- Starr focused. [Exit Unleash]
Δ Stamina: -88
Δ Blacklight: +20/-20
Δ HP: -
Δ Misc: +1 Sure Crit

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Whatever their commander had planned . . . Brisa trusted in him for it to be worth it. Win or lose, she'd fight – and fight to win, at that. No matter how battered her body felt, Brisa Escarpa was still born ready for fights like this.

"You know I ain't the type to call it early, Diyem!" she cried. "Let's show each other what we can do at the edge of our limits!"

The attacks flowed from her as if she'd practiced the sequence every waking moment of her life. Shadows and static buildup rose, cold lightning followed her fists, she stepped through mere distance like nothing to land hyperkinetic strikes on each side... Even now, she looked like she was burning to death, but she was fuelled by that heat, struck again, effortless, sublime... And with a maelstrom of Shadow, flickering into fiery Radiance, streaming from her claws and teeth, she landed the power of a thunderstorm straight at Diyem's heart.

She held enough darkness to consume her, were it not for her hitting her final, incontrovertible limit. Before she lost consiousness, she had just enough time to voice all that mattered in that moment:

"Finish the fight fer me, you two."

As her jaw hit dust, she knew they would.

[+12, Guts, Stab, Terrain, Friendship, Link Boost 1.3]
Brisa used Overcharge, then Bolt Strike! It reacted to Astrid and became Titanic! [SE, Crit, Charge]
Brisa used Lightningspeed 2! [TypeEff, Charge]
Brisa used Lightning Facade! [TypeEff]
Brisa used Overcharge, then Void Arcstrike! It reacted to Starr and became Fusion Arcflare! [UE, Crit]
Δ All: Flare-out! KO!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 930 damage to Inan!
Brisa's Extreme Speed struck Inan down, and then hit Diyem for 398 damage!
Brisa's Facade dealt 696 damage!
Brisa's Void Arcstrike was nullified by Diyem!

Starr's Leech Life dealt 152 damage, and she gained 15 HP!
Starr's Brilliant Flarestrike dealt 567 damage to Diyem! She took 56 damage in recoil, and endured! Diyem had become Blacklight type, and it only dealt neutral damage thanks to his attributes!

Astrid's Freeze Shock dealt 851 damage to Diyem!
Astrid's Ice Burn dealt 889 damage to Diyem!
Astrid's Flail dealt 772 damage to Diyem!
Astrid's strike dealt 19 damage to Diyem!

They were giving it their all, and yet it seemed like Diyem was blasting through all of it with almost no effort. His body was huge, his power reserves seemingly endless, and it seemed like the vitality sensors were struggling to get a read on Diyem at all, only Inan. However, based on the visuals going on with Diyem, it seemed like his power was waning, fizzling, struggling and flitting. Perhaps if they kept pressing on, they would find a weak point to smash through.

"A good effort," Diyem said lowly. "But with only two of you left... This will end it." A dark cloud covered Astrid and Starr, and then pulled at their vitality. At the same time, he slammed his paw down onto them, a brutish attack, but that was really all he needed...

Diyem used Abyssal Drain on Astrid and Starr! Astrid lost 70 Stamina! Starr lost 10 Stamina!
Diyem used Abyssal Curse on Astrid and Starr! Astrid lost 6 Speed! Starr lost 1 speed! They both lost 1 action!

Diyem used Abyssal Onslaught against Starr and Astrid, knocking them both down completely! Diyem healed for 81 damage!
Diyem lifted a great paw to check where they had gone, only to see that there was nothing below it. He smirked, glancing left and right, almost playful. He readied a counter, but wondered if he would be too slow to stop it...

"Show me your hope when all you have... is moments."

Starr and Astrid entered Blaze of glory, maxing their Attack, Magic, Speed, and Accuracy, and cured their Action loss!

Diyem: 2,508, +Endure, reduction 0%

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
☄️ Astrid Called Starr!
☄️ Astrid blasted Diyem with Shadows!

[40 BP | +7, STAB, LB=1.2]
☄️ Astrid used Shining Inspiration on Starr!

With a final cry of defiance, Astrid surged forward with everything she had left. A mere speck of her usual power… Diyem had seen to that, but he’d paid a dear cost letting them live for so long. He’d have to withstand one more rallying punch, one more of Astrid’s death-defying combos. One that, if all went well, would open things up for Starr to truly finish.

☄️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Null Flail!
[160 BP | +12, Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.2]
☄️ Astrid unleashed her Eternal Truth as an Inspired Blacklight Z-burst!
[161 BP | +12, Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit, LB=1.2]
Δ Stamina: -200, then death
Δ Corruption: death
Δ Misc: death

That unmistakable glow caught Astrid’s eye in the outline of an Incineroar, impossible to miss even as her vision closed in on her. The shockwave that followed tossed her body limply into the air; she smiled wide, eyes now shut. A Meltdown of epic proportions. Win or lose, they went out their way.

Nice.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Brisa's Last Wish invigorated Starr! She gained +2 Valor!

Starr didn't think there was any way her body would keep moving, but again, for the third time, she got back up from something that should have crushed her. This time was the last, though, she could feel it. One last strike. Had to make it count.

"Show me your hope when all you have... is moments."

Starr chuckled under her breath. "Well, if it were up to me, I'd say this was impossible. But Brisa trusted us to finish this." She glanced at Astrid. "Guess that means we gotta do it, huh?"

- Starr used Umbral Insolence! Her moves became fiery!
- Starr used Fiery Power Trip on Diyem! [+12, STAB, Blaze, Sun Friendship, Crit, 59 stages]
[Astrid's Voidbound made Starr's next strike critical!]
Starr unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Radiant Power Trip on Diyem! [+12, STAB, Friendship, Crit, 62 stages]

Starr's radiance is overwhelming! She performed Blinding Meltdown! [+12, STAB, Friendship]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Astrid's Shadow strike dealt 19 damage!
first Null flail dealt 883 damage!
Astrid's Z-Burst dealt 893 damage!

Starr's Power Trip was nullified by Diyem!
Starr's Radiant Power Trip dealt 1222 damage!
Starr's Blinding Meltdown dealt 334 piercing damage to Diyem! It broke through his Endure!

Diyem's Core was ruptured! Inan disappeared!

The Radiant explosion blasted through Diyem and into the heavens above, cleaving the dark clouds apart and letting the sun shine once more. The vitality sensors were destroyed. The audience was silenced, if only due to the explosion that nearly deafened them, a shockwave that rippled throughout all of Destiny Village. Possibly broke a few windows this time.

When the light finally faded and vision returned to their eyes, Diyem was standing in the middle of the arena, leaning on his warhammer for support. It was hard to tell if Starr was standing or not, along with Astrid.

"I... I yield," Diyem announced, laughing lowly. "Unlike you... I do need to take care of this body." He collapsed to a kneel, and like that, the battle was over.

Despite everything, Diyem had withstood the attack. But he also yielded, knowing it wouldn't last if he tried to press on. Perhaps lingering pessimism and caution made him do it... but the Charizard seemed to be finished.

"And with that... er... it seems that the fight is over! By the slimmest of margins...!" Incineroar looked up at the vitality sensor. It was coming back online.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa coughed blood and made hacking sounds of laughter as she pulled herself to all fours, then rose up on her knees. 'Yield' indeed. What a hell of a fight. And their meltdown strategy had paid off as intended. Brilliant. Utterly fucking brilliant.

"Closest one yet?" she called. "Whaddaya reckon, Sprout?"

She didn't listen for the reply. She was too busy looking at two of her dearest 'mon and smiling unreservedly. Her chest felt light. And not just because she was flooded with adrenaline from several broken ribs.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
By the time Starr had been pried from the battlefield and given some berry or other that'd let her stand on her own feet again, she was ready for a week-long soak in the bath.

Yet another meltdown-induced win. Starr turned to Astrid and said, "You're a horrible influence, you know that?" with a pained laugh.

Epilogue ~ Out with a Bang

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>
It was the final day.

The crowd was abuzz with activity.

Incineroar Sprout entered the arena first, like usual, but beside him was someone that he was speaking with in hushed, calm tones. This second Pokemon--an Obstagoon--seemed nervous, murmuring back to him in a quickened pace. Incineroar raised a paw and shook his head, then gave him a confident smile. Obstagoon couldn't return it, and that worried look deepened when Incineroar handed something to Obstagoon--a microphone. His microphone. Obstagoon took it with reverence.

"Good luck, Mung," Sprout said with his usual energy, and then, finally, he entered.

Opposite to him were Astrid, Brisa, and Owen. Starr had been off to recover and wrap up her things, and the final fight against Diyem had been satisfying enough. Owen subbed in; a flame for a flame. But Incineroar, too, had embers in his eyes today.

"Hello, everyone!" called a gruffer voice than people were used to. "I hope you're ready for an exciting match today! The... former announcer of Destiny Colosseum, Incineroar Sprout will be battling against some of Team Spectrum's finest! This will be a fond farewell to our experienced host, now, can we get a round of applause for them both in this superstar match?!"

The crowd's roars energized Mung and he seemed to find his rhythm. He must have trained for a while for this; he was almost a natural.

And while the crowd cheered, Sprout gave them all a quizzical look. "Something bothering you? Odd seeing me here, and not there?"

"Very," Owen admitted. "But... I'm also kind of worried that we, um. We saved the world and everything, and I'm not detecting any... extreme power from you."

"Now, let's have some energy!" Sprout said, startling Owen. His voice was so loud even without his mic... "How about we leave that to the blows we exchange? Let's put on a show! Announcer! We are ready!"

"Right! Then if that's the case... let the battle begin!"

Sprout hopped from foot to foot, nodding to himself. "Show me everything. I want to see what you're capable of when I'm the one you're targeting. Don't hold back!"

Incineroar Sprout is raring to fight! The crowd is going wild!

Sprout's Aura is active! He gained +1 Endure for the turn and True Dodge+3! He gained Resolve+2!

Sprout: 5,000
Stagger: 3

Owen's Insight: He can dodge us, but he doesn't look strong... for now. What's he planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom