• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa tried not to show alarm in front of the crowd. It wouldn't do.

"Kyukon. Bow t'the crowd and calmly take yer leave. We're gonna go find Truffle in the Colo's infirmary. Y'got it?"

Brisa padded over Leg, who was anxiously stitching together her disguise. Brisa extended a paw, not to shake, but to offer comfort.

"We're gonna go see if Truffle's alright," she murmured. "Why don'tcha come with us? He'll wanna see you, right?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Oh, by the heavens! Things were far more serious than they seemed.

Icetales took a deep breath to keep his cool and have a subtle nod to Brisa.

“All right, then. This I can do,” he replied with a low voice, before turning to the crowd. He waved his tails with flair, scattering pixie dust and snowflakes, and bowed with respect. “Many thanks, dear audience, for dedicating your time to watch us! We hope you enjoyed the show!”

Keeping his calm demeanor, he glanced at Leg and showed a small reassuring smile. “Sir Truffle shall be fine. Let us pay a visit to him, shall we?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Leg followed after them without hesitation, worry in her eyes. She hopped onto Brisa's shoulders, and then her back if she ever reverted her shape.

Leg murmured to herself now and then, but her words were too soft to understand. Still, it seemed like she'd been off her game to begin with; maybe she had a suspicion that something was wrong from the start...

<><><>​

Epilogue ~ Family Feud

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yeah, this was gonna be a weird one.

Starr stood alongside Astrid, and facing them down on the other side was... Silver and Giovanni. Her alternate universe twin and father. The first time she'd be fighting either of them as they actually were, selves and memories intact. Would've been a shame to leave here without getting a good hit on the boss himself, as opposed to Silver stuck playing his role. Starr hadn't been too sure that they'd even go for this match, when Astrid first suggested it. But somehow, things had lined up, and here they all were.

"Not gonna complain if you decide to sock him in the face at some point!" she called out to Silver, smirking.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The Mewtwo rolled his eyes as Incineroar got to his usual cheers and rallies. He really was good at that sort of thing...

"You were clever to suggest this anonymously," Giovanni said, floating with relative ease above them all. "I thought this was a reward for good behavior. But a battle in the open..." He shrugged. "I suppose I'm not opposed to... partaking in the traditions of this world. After all..." Giovanni eyed the crowd. "You're all such wonderful people. Can I get a cheer?"

"YEEAAAAH!"

Giovanni chuckled. He looked at Starr again. He seemed to be totally ignoring Astrid.

Was Giovanni... complimenting Pokemon? Something about that seemed... wrong. And he hadn't gone through any particular soul-searching, either. There was still malice in his eyes. Still... could he have learned? Anything? Something?

"I do hope," Giovanni said, where the crowd couldn't hear, "this isn't to work out your own emotional issues, daughter. I'm not the one you're interested in."

Silver was fuming silently. "Let's just put on a show already," he mumbled, waving his hands. "May as well get used to this body a little more before whatever that thing Palkia and Dialga told us about is done."

"Of course." Giovanni glowed bright. "Then it is time. Father, and son." Giovanni smirked down at Silver again, who growled deeply.

This... was going to be an unorthodox fight.

"Then let the battle..." Incineroar said, "...begin!"

Silver dashed away from Giovanni, but Giovanni drifted away more slowly, and his grace was uncanny for him. It was like he wasn't even truly fighting. His smug eyes drifted toward Starr and Astrid, and then he let out a shrug. "Whatever issues you have with me, I'll humor them... For now."

"And if this is just a spar for show, then ignore the idiot and fight!" Silver added.

Giovanni's words echoed throughout the arena. "Hope... wishes... and all of the skills you've honed. IT's impressive... I'll admit that. And I think all that time I spent has helped me understand the way this world, and perhaps many worlds, work. So, with this battle...

"I'll show you true power."

Silver's Power activated! His stats cannot be lowered, and he gets stronger as his health depletes!
Giovanni's Domination activated! You can only strike him once per turn, and doing so reduces your actions next turn by 2!

Silver: 15,000
Giovanni: 10,000

Giovanni is glowing softly...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I do hope," Giovanni said, where the crowd couldn't hear, "this isn't to work out your own emotional issues, daughter. I'm not the one you're interested in."
Starr let out a derisive snort. "Nah. I think I've worked out enough shit while I've been on Cibus. I just felt cheated when I found out you weren't even at our supposed throwdown way back when . Would've been a missed opportunity."

She flashed a 'can you believe this guy?' look to Astrid and then got to work.

- Starr used Radiant Adrenaline!
- Starr used Radiant Adrenaline!
- Starr used Shadow Complacence!
Δ Stats: +4 Atk, +4 Spd, +2 Eva
Δ Stamina: -106
Δ Blacklight: +34/+17
Δ HP: -12.5% (1/8)
Δ Misc: --

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid met Starr’s look with rapid, bemused blinking. He thinks he knows how Cibus works.

Wasn’t Giovanni the one truly unforgivably bad force of evil in the mix? Was he going to blindside them by becoming their friend and channeling good vibes? Clearly his vibes were… not quite there. Yet it clearly wasn’t his original plan—the Eternatus, the Blacklight—he was referring to either. Was he bluffing?

Her mouth twitched. It didn’t seem like he was going to explain himself, least of all to her. And she kept silent all the same.

I dare you to ignore me.

Astrid is in an Evasive Stance!

☢️ Astrid used Umbral Repulse and loaded Brilliant Metanoia! It’ll activate on Astrid’s third action next turn!
☢️ Astrid used Psych Up on Starr, copying her +6 Attack!
☢️ Astrid used Psych Up on Starr, copying her +6 Speed!
Δ Stats: +6 Atk, +6 Spe
Δ Stamina: -225
Δ Blacklight: +34 Shd, +68 Rad
Δ HP: –
Δ Misc: +Repulse:Metanoia [3]
Notes: Effective defensive stat for Evasive Stance = +10

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Silver used Miracle Eye! Psychic attacks can strike Dark Pokemon, and won't miss!

"Don't think I'll let my weaknesses get the better of me!" Silver shouted. "Pure power. In the end, that's what allowed you all to defeat the Blacklight. Even if the power came from something else..." He nodded. "I'll show you mine!"

Two silhouettes appeared behind Silver like a trick of the eye--one of an Alakazam, another of a Typhlosion.

Silver's human will is strengthening! He gained Persistent Element!

Silver used Psychic on Starr, dealing 148 damage!
Silver used Flamethrower on Starr, 125 damage!

Giovanni, meanwhile, watched, and it didn't look like he was doing much else at first...

"Yes, the hope of the world was on all of our shoulders, wasn't it?" Giovanni said, projecting his voice. "It was truly an amazing display... One that will be written in this world's history forever. Can I get an applause for the world?" he called out, and the crowd cheered with him. A dazzling lightshow flashed above him for seemingly no reason...

Giovanni called out to the crowd! The crowd is electric!

"And you..." Giovanni looked toward Astrid. "What, really, are you building toward? Do you really think your old strategies will be enough?"

Giovanni called to Astrid... A demotivating aura surrounded her. Astrid's Speed went down by 4!

"The same goes for you, my dear Starr..." He smirked again. the subtleties weren't easily visible on camera. "I think you can do better. But now, it does not seem like you are able to be at your best..."

Giovanni called to Starr... Starr's Attack went down by 2!

Astrid: 569
Starr: 264

Giovanni: 10,000
Silver: 15,000

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr eyed Giovanni suspiciously, eyes flickering toward the audience stands. Just what the hell was he doing with the crowd? She growled with irritation as his words seemingly sank into her being, loosening her strength just a bit.

They couldn't afford to drag things out. Had to ramp things up as quickly as possible.

"Fine, I'm ready to go all-out if you are," Starr said, throwing a glance at Astrid as she let her Blacklight flare to life.

Starr Unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Protect x5!
- Starr used Umbral Insolence! She lost 49 HP.
- Starr used Eterna Z-burst on Silver! [+11, UE, STAB, 145bp]
Δ Stats: +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: 50%
Δ Blacklight: 0/0
Δ HP: 50% + 73
Δ Misc: Protect +5

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Giovanni stared at Starr... and Starr stared back. Their eyes had an uncanny similarity.
Starr is immune to Giovanni's Fright!

Astrid kept watch of Starr’s rapidly accelerating movements in her periphery. For now, Silver would be their target, but Giovanni’s time would come soon enough.

‘He doesn’t affect you like he affects me. When my time runs short, remember that and be ready to kick his ass.’

In the meantime, Astrid eyed the crowd. “Tickets aren’t cheap. Not with us leaving soon. But if you insist, then sure, we can kick things off.”

Astrid is in a regular stance!

☢️ Astrid used Umbral Repulse and loaded Psych Up! It’ll activate on Astrid’s first action next turn!
☢️ Astrid used Protect +5!

[Astrid Unleashed!]
{Repulse: Brilliant Metanoia}
☢️ Astrid used Blacklight Z-burst on Silver!
[196 BP | Physical | +11, UE, STAB, HH]
Δ Stats: +2 Valor, +2 Accuracy
Δ Stamina: set to 250
Δ Blacklight: set to 0/0
Δ HP: set to 1
Δ Misc: +5 Protect, +Endure, +Repulse:Psych-Up

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 1374 damage to Silver!
Astrid's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 2719 damage to Silver!

Silver's Power is growing... He gained +1 Valor and +Guarded!

Silver used Fury Swipes, destroying all of Starr's Protects!
Silver used Fury Swipes again, destroying 4 of Astrid's Protects!
Silver used Psychic against Starr, dealing 124 damage!

"What wonderful attacks," Giovanni said with a mock-smile, bringing his wings together as if swooning. Despite the gesture, there wasn't an ounce of love in his tone. "It makes me think that you almost stand a chance against my evil plans. Almost. Come on, Cibus! Do you think Team Spectrum is ready for another battle against the villainous Giovanni?"

Giovanni rallied the crowd again! They're roaring with excitement!
Giovanni gave some cutting words toward Astrid, cutting her speed by 4 again!
Giovanni is charging something...!

Astrid: 1
Starr: 379

Giovani: 10,000
Silver: 10,907

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr rolled her eyes with a particularly exaggerated flair. "God, I'm gonna barf."

Not falling for it, though. Astrid could punch Giovanni's face in since her attacks would go wide. Starr had to keep her focus on Silver or he'd knock her on her ass while her back was turned.

- Starr used Shadow Complacence!
- Starr used Power Trip on Silver! Twice! [+11, SE, STAB, 45 stages]
Δ Stats: +2 Eva
Δ Stamina: -172 Then, set to 105 (Gusto)
Δ Blacklight: +30/+47
Δ HP: +32.5%
Δ Misc:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid looked at the crowd again with a hint of worry.

Silver might use… what was that move again? The one he used on Karat that one time?

She winced. …If we try to rally the crowd against Giovanni, then we’ll be punished for it. He can just talk forever.

She thought for a second and glanced at Starr, who blazed with healing shadows in-between devastating punches. Yeah, she could keep going for a while longer. Giovanni, however, remained untouched.

Astrid hunkered down and, in a flash, dove straight into the defenses of their opponents, inhibitions abandoned. But… maybe when I’m on my last legs, I could give it a shot…!

Astrid is in an Evasive Stance!

{Repulse: Psych Up @ Starr’s Speed}

[142.5 BP | Physical | +11, UE (Gio), SE (Silver), STAB, HH, Crit]
☢️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Sweeper Foul Play!
☢️ Astrid used Sweeper Foul Play!
☢️ Astrid is Winding Up!
Δ Stats: +8 Spe
Δ Stamina: -134
Δ Blacklight: +98 Shd, +30 Rad
Δ HP: 1
Δ Misc:

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr's Power Trips dealt 2226 damage to Silver!
Astrid's Foul Plays dealt 3022 damage to Silver and 2136 damage to Giovanni, hitting only once!

Silver's Valor went up by 3!

Silver used Thunder on Astrid, knocking her out!
Silver used Shadow Ball on Starr, dealing 156 damage!
Silver used Psychic on Starr, dealing 253 damage! Starr's Resistance went down by 1!

"Even against the greatest adversity, you have never stopped," Giovanni said, the undertones of his mocking lost to the crowd, who was eating it up. Giovanni's commanding charisma had Cibus under his spell... Was this how he had ascended to power in the past? "Show them a challenge, Cibus! Lend me the power... for Team Spectrum to overcome."

And then, above Giovanni, a great star appeared, firing a beam at Starr that was too difficult to avoid. It left the ground in ashen cinders and five impact craters...

Giovanni rallied the crowd!
Giovanni unleashed Hopeful Starstorm on Starr! Starr dodged twice, but took three more hits for 248 damage total!
Giovanni is charging something...

Astrid: Blaze of Glory
Starr: 2

Giovanni: 7,864
Silver: 5,659

Silver glanced back suspiciously at Giovanni. Something wasn't right...

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
From the stands, Brisa and Luz watched with avid attention, and discussed the flow of the match in their private telepathic link. Naturally, they did not join in the whoops and cheers for Giovanni, but anyone could feel the energy in the stadium.

As Astrid went down, Brisa grinned with confidence, knowing better than anyone that knocking Astrid senseless like that just earned you a senseless drubbing shortly after. But then Starr clung to consciousness by a sliver. She could feel it, never mind the vitality indicator on the Colo display. Wind and fucking weather, that was close.

"C'mon, hon, y'got this," she hissed under her breath.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid exhaled hard, nearing her limit. Mere adrenaline kept her going—adrenaline, and indeed, the hope she clung to that Giovanni hadn’t yet taken. Hope to outlast the onslaught… but not for herself.

She was ready to punctuate her efforts. But first…

“You got that right!” Her voice, which she’d grown accustomed to raising to outdoor-levels in chaotic environments, carried across the pitch, loud enough for every sensitive microphone to pick up. “Cibus! Stand with us! They want to silence us, but they can’t!” A familiar glow enveloped each tail, one after another. “Watch!”

Astrid is in Blaze of Glory!

[+11, UE, STAB, HH, LB=1.1]
☢️ Astrid Called out to Cibus!
☢️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Blacklight Flail on Silver!

[160 BP | Physical | Crit]

Astrid’s Eternal Spirit is burning! She’ll burn bright!
Astrid is brimming with Blacklight! It’s too much! She performed Sweeper Blacklight Meltdown!

[200 BP | Physical | Crit]
Δ Stats: +6 Acc, +6 Mag
Δ Stamina: BoG
Δ Blacklight: BoG
Δ HP: BoG
Δ Misc: at the end of the player phase, Last Wish heals Starr’s HP, Stamina, and transfers buffs

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr was just barely hanging on. Fortunately, she didn’t have to hold on for too much longer. Astrid going supernova was the cue. What Starr didn’t expect was for Astrid to address the crowd like that. Well, it was where he was drawing his power from… right? (What was with that look Silver kept giving him?) And what the hell could he do to Astrid after she’d exploded, anyway?

“Yeah, yeah, power of hope and all that jazz,” Starr replied to Giovanni with a bored look. “I think I’ll just go with the good old-fashioned ‘power of kicking your face in.’”

- Starr used Power Trip on Silver! [+11, SE, STAB, 44 stages]
- Starr used Power Trip on Giovanni! [+11, UE, STAB, 44 stages]
- Starr is winding up.
Δ Stats: Last Wish
Δ Stamina: Last Wish
Δ Blacklight: +30/+30
Δ HP: Last Wish
Δ Misc:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Astrid's Flail dealt 2163 damage to Silver!
Astrid's Blacklight Meltdown dealt 2512 damage to Silver and 3686 damage to Giovanni!

Starr's Power Trip dealt 1020 damage to Silver!
Starr's Power Trip dealt 1904 damage to Giovanni!

"Gah--!" Silver knelt down, wincing. "That's... as far as I can go," he muttered. "Guess I can't really harness the power of a Legend after all... Not as well as you can, at least. Hmph... Guess I still have some training to do."

"But I'm far from finished," Giovanni said, having been flung across the arena and onto the ground. But he still floated up--staggering a little--and frowned when he saw Cibus rally for Astrid and Starr instead. That glow around him seemed to have weakened... But then, he shrugged.

"You know, Starr," said Giovanni, "I've already won. You should probably... give up, now. Perhaps you'll save yourself the humiliation..." He was saying this with a puffy face. Somehow, that air of smug confidence refused to leave him. It was incredible.

Giovanni did something... but with the power of Human Cunning, it was impossible to tell what!
Giovanni is charging even more...!
Giovanni called out to Cibus!

"I would like to thank all of you," Giovanni said with a bow. "It has been... a wonderful battle. But unfortunately, I do not think your heroes are strong enough to defeat me. Had this been a true battle... Perhaps I would be the one to save Cibus instead." He smirked at Starr. "Kneel."

Starr: 860

Giovanni: 2,274

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Oh, you motherfucker--

"'Already won'?" Starr echoed with an incredulous laugh. "That's some bold shit-talking coming from the guy who looks like he's about to keel over." And she was feeling good as new after Astrid's last wish, too.

Still, something told her to act cautiously. He'd been charging his next attack for a while, even longer than the starstorm from before. And Starr couldn't tell what other move he'd done. Probably something for protection. She'd have to break through it eventually, but for now... she needed to be ready for the worst.

- Starr focused deeply. [Remain Unleashed]
- Starr used Protect x5!
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: -75
Δ Blacklight: -10/-10
Δ HP: -
Δ Misc: Protect +5

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That is one way you can look at things," Giovanni said. "I acknowledge that if I were to fight you directly, head on... perhaps that won't be enough." As he spoke, Starr's barriers layered themselves one after the other in front of her, and yet Giovanni didn't look like he intended to strike her back... right?

"But have you considered," he said, "that wasn't my goal?"

He glanced at Silver, too weak to fight, and his eyes had a cruel glint in them. Mocking him.

Then, with a deafening SNAP and a flash of light, a portal appeared behind Giovanni the moment he flexed his wings. It wasn't a normal portal, either. It was deeper and almost checkered in nature--a strange energy radiated out of it.

And Giovanni flapped his wings once, falling toward it.

"Goodbye, kitten."

Giovanni unleashed his charge, creating a wormhole! It leads outside of Cibus!
Giovanni is fleeing!

Starr: 860

Giovani: 2,274

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom