• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz leaned into Brisa's field of vision with her very smuggest grin on display.

"Alright, alright," grumbled Brisa, swiping at her badge's payment app. "Lay off, here's yer winnings."

The shade chuckled with delight. "Why so grumpy? Didn't you put half yer savings on Owen winning?"

"Yeah," said Brisa, smirking. "I'm fuckin' loaded now. You're just insufferable."

Everyone down on the arena looked okay, at least. Good. Brisa needed to let Owen know how goddamn proud of him she was, and she couldn't do that easily if he were incapacitated.

Damn well done, partner.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Thaaaank... Owen, even in his thoughts, seemed to be somewhere between a growl and a gurgle as Cal helped haul him off the field. With what energy he had left, he waved at Pina and Nanab, who, surprisingly, were in better shape than the winning duo. Guess that's what it meant to be a Cibus native hero, Owen figured.

And then, Owen cast his gaze to Brisa. The crowd's activity was dizzying, so he probably just wanted to go home and relax and let the headache fade on its own.

A little while later...

Brisa--a little help in the lobby! Cal helplessly called. I can't... move...!

Owen must have fallen.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa ran to the lobby in good time, to find Owen toppled on top of his poor shade. It wasn't all that sensible of Cal to even try giving him a paw, but . . . how could Brisa blame her, really?

"C'mon, partner," she murmured to her friend. "Let's get you sound an' sleepin'."

She shifted into zeraora-shape and heaved the charizard up, pulling one of his arms around her shoulders. She didn't trouble him with conversation, not when he needed and deserved a good rest. He could hear her gush about the fight another time.

<><><><><>​

R17 ~ Brisa v Brulée

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
It was only natural that having defeated one brother, Brisa should challenge the other. So here she was, eyeing an aspirant Ho-oh, her tail thrashing as she considered best practice for taking him out in one fell swoop. That was, after all, the advice Owen had given her. She intended to take it.

"Howdy," she called. "Good day fer it."

She grinned at the crowds, and the thought of whether they'd miss her after she was gone crossed her mind like the first stab of a coming migraine.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brulee laughed a little. He seemed... jollier than before. Maybe the stress of Meringue and his mentor being in trouble--his mortal brother--had gotten to him. But now, he was cheerful, beaming, even.

"I figured you'd challenge me next," he said. "Don't forget that I'm ahead of my brother on the whole training thing! But I figured that's why you saved me for second..."

The flames were swirling around him... There was a glow to his feathers that radiated divine energy. Ho-Oh, the Pokemon of resurrections and renewals... What would that mean in battle?

"Then show me, aspirant Zeraora," he declared, "how far you've come as well!"

Brulee's Phoenix activated! He gained +1 Resolve! He will gain another every three turns!
Brulee's Resolve countdown is at 3.

Brulee: 5,000

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled. "As you'd have it, partner."

The Colo screens and Sprout's amplified commentary indicated that she wasn't just gonna have to knock the bird out using tight combos, but repeatedly if she wasn't quick enough about it. Very well! She grit her teeth, and sparks flew. Putting up so many shields and invigorating her body with a double dose of Radiant power wore her down like a marathon and burned like hell, but she had a plan, and she was fucking well sticking to it.

Brisa used Protect 5!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon, and pushed herself towards her limits!
Brisa wound up!
Δ Stats: +4 Atk, +4 Spd
Δ Stamina: -184
Δ Blacklight: +56/+0
Δ HP: -50%, then -46
Δ Misc: +2 Charge, +7 Protect, +Paragon

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"So that's your game, is it?" Brulee said. "Fine! I guess that means I'll just have to get through you first!"

Then came a flurry of blows, merciless and unyielding, as the skies seemed to get brighter...

Brulee used Dual Wingbeat, twice, taking out four barriers!
Brulee used Sunny Day!

Brisa: 321, +2 Protect

Brulee: 5,000, +1 Resolve
Brulee's Resolve countdown is at 2.

Brulee looked like he was bracing for something painful. He knew what came next. He'd seen the fights.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa darted towards her opponent, her priorities as clear in her mind as the sound of cheering and the smell of dust and lightning. Keep her Radiance tamed, shift forms, land a blow to work out how tough he really was, and take a good breath. Keep going. She had just about enough momentum to pull it off, too. Barely.

Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa Unleashed her Tenacity!
Brisa used Bolt Strike! [+8, Guts, Stab, SE, Loner, Charge, 100 Para]
Brisa revitalized with Rest...
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: +68
Δ Blacklight: -10/+0
Δ HP: 150%
Δ Misc: -1 Charge +Super Sleepy, +Unleash

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 2906 damage to Brulee!

Brulee opened one eye, then both. That hurt, yes, but... He was expecting a much harder strike. He shook it off, breathing a sigh. "A-alright, if that's how you're going to do this..." He spread his wings. "Don't say I didn't warn you!" He didn't remember if he actually did.

Brulee rushed forward with his first strike, hoping to demonstrate his power.

Brulee used Dual Wingbeat, destroying Brisa's shields!
Brulee used Dual Wingbeat again, dealing a partial-grazing 96 damage!
Brulee used Sacred Fire, dealing 227 damage to Brisa and Burning her!

Brisa: 778

Brulee: 2,094, +1 Resolve
Brulee will gain another Resolve next turn!

"What's this? It seems that Brisa is aiming for a slower pace this time! Is she trying to gauge Brulee's strength?!" Incineroar leaned forward. "It seems that Brulee may have great restoration abilities... but his defenses themselves are lacking!"

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa barely reacted through her combat trance, save for the merest trace of a grin. As legendary 'mon went, the guy was made of fucking paper. Regeneration or not, she could put him down . . . so long as she could tough it out long enough. She struck again with a grunt of exertion, her blazing fist connecting with Brulée's body with what sounded like a good crunch. She was still coming out of the healing trance, but she could feel the satisfaction of a sure-knockout. He'll get back up. Don't get complacent. C'mon, c'mon. She just needed to tough out one flurry of fire and feathers. Surely, surely she'd manage that...

[+8, Guts, Stab, SE, Loner, Charge, 100 Para]
Brisa used Bolt Strike!
Brisa focused deeply...
Δ Stamina: -26
Δ Blacklight: -10/+0
Δ HP: +69 Nice
Δ Misc: -1 Charge, -Super Sleepy

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 2855 damage, taking Brulee down!

"Gyaaaah!" Brulee went flying back, skidding along the sand, before trembling his way back up, puffing. "N-no. Getting taken down once... is just the start! I'm... not finished yet!"

Brulee used Dual Wingbeat on Brisa, dealing a partial grazing 66 damage!
Brulee used Dual Wingbeat again, dealing 93 damage!
Brulee used Sacred Fire on Brisa, dealing 195 damage!

Brulee gained another Resolve!
Brulee's Resolve countdown is at 3

Brisa: 493

Brulee: 5,000, +1 Resolve

"Rising from electrified ash, Brulee is good as new!" Incineroar said. "Will Brisa be able to outpace the resurrections of our new Ho-Oh?!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shook off the last of her healing trance with a fierce, wild grin.

"You just watch me!" she yelled, before throwing herself at Brulée with renewed vigour, landing deft thunderbolt-blows and putting up a fresh set of barriers. By the time she was done, she had momentum to spare. Sky and stars, she didn't even feel fucking tired. She could keep this up all goddamn day.

Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning bright! She won't hold back!
Brisa wound up...
[+8, Guts, Stab, SE, Loner, Charge, 100 Para]
Brisa used Bolt Strike!
Brisa used Bolt Strike!
Brisa used Protect 5!
Δ Stamina: -0
Δ Blacklight: +30/+30
Δ Misc: +5 Protect, +1 Action

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's double Bolt Strike dealt 5420 damage to Brulee, knocking him down in one fell swoop!

Another similar scream sent Brulee tumbling back again, and then once more he rose from the ashes of his own feathers completely renewed. But the flames sputtered around him, little embers dancing and fading more than usual.

"S-so maybe you're... stronger than I thought," Brulee said. "That's fine. I'm still... doing just fine!" He crouched down. "This is where I get serious! My flames will burn... forever!"

A spiral of fire from deep within Brulee twisted in a vortex around him, scorching even the sands. When it ended, a Ho-Oh wreathed in cyan and orange stared Brisa down.

Brulee used Divine Restoration!
Brulee overhealed for 50% HP and gained 2 Accuracy!
Brulee will heal by 50% HP per turn!
Brulee used Dual Wingbeat on Brisa, taking out two shields!
Brulee used Protect+5!
Brulee's Resolve countdown has ended! It became Phoenix Onslaught+2!

Brisa: 562

Brulee: 7,500, +5 Protect

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa laughed madly. Oh, this was some impressive shit, and all for her to face down. How resplendent he was, in all his solar grandeur! How great an opponent to make bite the goddamn dust or by whom to be cast the fuck down. Neither of them were the type to go down easy. However this ended, it'd be a thrill.

"Bring it,"
her voice crackled, before she became a blur, her paws a flurry of shield-busting jukes. She'd pick her moment. Just you wait.

Brisa stayed wound up!
Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa used Quick Attack!
Brisa used Quick Attack!
Δ Stamina: -29
Δ Blacklight: -10/-10
Δ Misc: +1 Action

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's attacks removed most of Brulee's barriers, and the last one faded shortly after!

"If that's what you want," Brulee said, his voice tinged with the crackle of flame.

A tornado of orange and red enveloped Brisa and Brulee.

Brulee used Dual Wingbeat twice, destroying Brisa's barriers and then dealing 91 damage!
Brulee used Sacred Fire, dealing 181 damage!

Brisa: 359

Brulee: 7,500

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"It damn well is," barked Brisa, eyes gleaming with bright energies. "Let's seeya come back from this."

Brisa unloaded her most unforgiving combo yet, hypercharged fists hitting true with sickening cracks and thunderous airbursts. Even switching into a fully offensive onslaught, she spared just a little momentum for whatever came next. There had to be more to this. Another trick. Could he come back even from this?

[+8, Guts, Stab, SE, Loner, Link Boost 10%]
Brisa stayed wound up!
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Electric Facade! [Charge, Crit, 50 Para]
Brisa used Electric Facade! [Charge, 50 Para]
Brisa used Bolt Strike! [100 Para]
Δ Stamina: -99
Δ Blacklight: +30/+30
Δ Misc: +1 Action

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's two Facades and Bolt Strike dealt a total of 8416 damage to Brulee, reducing his HP to 0!

"Wow!" cried Incineroar. "I can see the sparks from Brisa even through all the flames! It doesn't look like she's letting up at all, but--what's this?! Brulee's vitality seems to be at just a sliver left, and yet it's resolute! It won't go down! How long can he keep it up, who will fall first?!"

Brulee had disappeared, replaced by a bird of pure fire that could not be stopped. It attacked and attacked...

Brulee's Phoenix Onslaught activated! Brulee became invincible!
Brulee used Dual Wingbeat twice for a total of 163 damage!
Brulee's Sacred Fire dealt 183 damage!

Brulee's Phoenix Onslaught lowered by 1! He can keep going for one more turn!

Brisa: 82

Brulee: 1

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"There it is."

Brisa chuckled hoarsely. Brulée's flames thinned and dessicated the air around her, and his onslaught rendered all offence irrelevant. She'd just have to cling on stubbornly until it was over. Good thing she had stubbornness to spare.

Brisa sprung her momentum!
Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa used Protect 5!
Brisa used Rest!
Δ Stamina: -171, +142
Δ Blacklight: -10/-10
Δ HP: 150%
Δ Misc: +5 Protect, +Super Sleepy

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The spinning tornado didn't end. Attack after attack after attack came at her until, finally, with the Dual Wingbeats that followed and only a grazing shot from the last one blasting through her shields, the flames seemed to die out. Brulee looked solid again, and he, panting heavily, did everything he could to keep standing.

He spread his wings wide. "I... I don't understand..." he panted. "You... you can't keep up with that... How can you..."

Brulee is exhausted...

Brisa: 1055

Brulee: 2501

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Roast him Brisa!" Koa roared from the crowd, practically bouncing in his seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom