• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.
R15 ~ Bristarr vs Team Spice

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Incineroar was in good spirits. Despite the fragmented moon looming over their heads in a special evening match, approaching but not quite passing the bedtime of Surf and Turf. This was important--as while on one side was Starr and Brisa, the other had Thyme and Pepper, the pair looking energized and peppy. In particular, Pepper, Brisa's old foe from months ago, looked significantly stronger and more confident, radiating an aura of power when standing next to her lifetime partner.

"Think you're ready?" Thyme asked, just as Incineroar announced the match's revving up.

"You're not gonna beat me so easy this time, Brisa!" Pepper shouted, slamming her tail on the ground. "Let's get started! This is our power!"

Thyme's Ingenuity is active! Field effects are permanent, and he never suffers negative effects of his own moves!
Pepper's Tenacity is active! She can never take more than 40% of her max HP per turn, and she heals for 10% per turn!

Thyme: 6000
Pepper: 7000

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa hopped from paw to paw, caught up in the excitement of the match. Team Spice were good folks, and she'd grown fond of them long before, and this was the next battle in her Omen Gauntlet with Starr. They'd proven themselves together already against Team Drumstick and Sword & Shield, and she'd beaten Pepper when off her game, but this was their first honest to goodness, 2 v 2, Omen Hero match.

Here goes.

She flashed a look to Starr, not needing to speak to be understood.

I've got yer back.

Brisa used Magnet Rise!
Brisa used Electric Terrain!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa Unleashed her Tenacity!
Net Bars: -192 stm, 150% hp, +71 Rad, +30 Shd
Net Status: +2 Atk, +2 Spd, +1 Protect, +2 Charge, Paragon, Tenacity, +1 Action

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
It felt like this had been a long time coming. They'd been talking about taking on Team Spice for ages, it just hadn't lined up until now. Seeing them now, across the battlefield, it was hard not to think back to that time they'd clashed back in Aegis Cave. Felt like that was a million years ago. Standing here now, next to Brisa, seeing how far they'd come... it was hard to feel like anything could stop them now.

"Yeah, I think we're ready enough," Starr replied. She met Brisa's eye and then shifted into a stance.

Glad you're here.

- Starr used Substitute!
- Starr used Sunny Day!
- Starr used Void Catharsis!

Net:
-170 Stm, set HP to 100%, +20 Shd, +4 Atk, +4 Spd, +1 Protect, +1 Action

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"They're setting up," Thyme said.

"Just means we need to set up back!" Pepper said, slamming her tail on the ground threateningly before readying something. "Let's do this!"

She was about to dash at Brisa, but then Thyme shouted back, "No! Let the barrier fade! Focus on Starr!"

She quickly redirected herself and slammed her tail against Starr's Substitute, ultimately missing thanks to her quick movements, even with her Substitute. She grunted and hopped back. "Gotta speed up..." She spotted Brisa rising up. "So much for preparing Earthquake..." She shook her head and focused on Starr again.

Thyme's flower was glowing with a radiating energy, coating himself and Pepper in a protective barrier of two kinds. It looked like a lot of Brisa and Starr's efforts were dulled significantly going forward...

"Now!" Thyme shouted.

"Right!"

And then, their final onslaught came--it was predicted, but still it came, and this time, it didn't look like this swamp was going to go away...

Pepper used Aqua Tail on Starr's Substitute, but it was Protected!
Pepper used Agility, gaining 2 Speed!

Thyme used Reflect!
Thyme jabbed at Starr, feinting out her evade!
Thyme readied Grass Pledge!

Pepper used Water Pledge! Combination attack! It dealt 622 damage to Starr's Substitute, destroying it!

Team Spicerack's Reflect isn't fading!
Team Spectrum's Swamp isn't fading!

Brisa: 565
Starr: 716

Thyme: 6000
Pepper: 7000

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr braced herself as the crashing waters tore through her substitute like paper. It didn't just stop there, though. It swept up Thyme's grasses into a thick, swampy mess covering half the battlefield. Yeah, this sure was familiar. Starr's mind flashed back to sinking into the muck, struggling to pull herself out with Flame Charge. Good times.

The longer the fight went on, the more bullshit Thyme would use to trip them up, keep them from fighting at full throttle.

Starr met Brisa's eye. They were both thinking the same thing--he has to go down first.

- Starr used Umbral Insolence! [-537 HP]
- Starr used Flare Blitz! [+7, Blaze, Sun, STAB, SE, Reckless, Friendship]
Starr Unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Shadow Flare Blitz! [+9, STAB, SE, Reckless, Friendship]
- Starr used Brilliant Flarestrike! It became Fusion Arcflare! [+9, 150bp, Blaze, Sun, STAB, SE, Reckless, Friendship]
Starr's Resolution let her keep going!
- Final Rush! Starr used Blacklight Z-burst! [174bp +11, STAB, UE, Friendship]

Net HP: Z-burst to 50%, Insolence overheal to 75%, Resolution cuts 12.5% = 62.5%, or 448
Notes: The second Flare Blitz is shadowed to reduce its power and lower the chance of early self-KO

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa bit her cheek, hard. Fuck. This was a hell of a synergy those two had going. But maybe they could just about manage to take the guy out fast and turn things dramatically in their favour...? She looked to Starr – yeah, they were of the same mind on this one. Push it.

Brisa's body surged, first with Shadow and lightning, and then with cooncentrated Blacklight plasma. She moved in for a series of pincer strikes with Starr, in flawless coordination, their powers catalysing each other to new heights. But would it be enough...?

[Starr takes her turn first]
[Stab, Guts, Friendship]
Brisa used Void Arcstrike! It became Fusion Arcflare! [+6, 150bp, SE, Charge, Terrain, 75 Para]
Brisa used Blacklight Facade! [+6, UE]
Brisa used Blacklight Facade! [+6, UE]
Brisa used Blacklight Z-Burst! [+8 201bp, UE]
Net: Z-Bust, then +27 hp, -1 Charge

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr's Shadowfire Flare Blitz attacks dealt a total of 1862 damage! Starr took a total of 186 in recoil, barely enduring the hit!
Starr's Brilliant Flarestrike dealt 1904 damage to Thyme! The attack KOed Starr prematurely!

Brisa's Void Arcstrike dealt 1362 damage to Thyme!
Brisa's first Blacklight Facade dealt 953 damage to Thyme! Thyme was knocked out!

Brisa kept going! Brisa's Blacklight Facade dealt 1003 damage to Pepper!
Brisa's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 1883 damage to Pepper! She endured some of the hit!

Pepper's Tenacity healed her for 700 HP!

"Thyme?!" Pepper shouted worriedly, but then saw that Starr, too, had fallen. What a fight. They weren't evenly matched, though. A few months of training could only do so much. The Meganium was crouched down, wincing, certainly unable to continue, but he forced a smile at Pepper anyway and said, "Don't worry... I think... you know what to do here."

"I..." Pepper shook her head. No, not this time! She wouldn't lose her cool just because Thyme couldn't fight... This time, she'd give it her all! "Okay!"

Pepper used Agility! Her Speed went up by 2!
Pepper used Aqua Tail on Brisa, but it missed!

"Got you!" She shoved Brisa forward after finding an opening, but there was an odd glow in Pepper's hands when she did so. After years upon years of studying ancient texts, it seemed that Pepper had unlocked something after all... And now, she was putting it to use against Brisa.

They were smart to attack quickly. Thyme had a technique that would have helped him foresee this... to dodge some hits. But they were too fast for it to activate. But that was fine. Pepper managed to get her technique in.

Pepper clapped her hands and a shooting pressure wrapped around Brisa's heart.

Pepper used Divine Mystery! Strange runes appeared on her chest, and Facade, Z-Burst, and Void Arcstrike have been Sealed!

Brisa: 310

Pepper: 4900

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"That better not be permanent," muttered Brisa, as the straining, striving power of Facade left her body. Too bad, but she still had plenty of ways to grind Pepper into the ground. Brisa's fists lit up with controlled lightning, and she made a taunting gesture with one of them towards Pepper.

"Come at me!" she cried, lightning at her teeth.

[+8, SE, Stab, Guts, Terrain, +150 Para]
Brisa used Bolt Strike! [Charge]
Brisa used Bolt Strike! [Charge]
Brisa used Bolt Strike!

Net: -1 effective Charge, +27 hp, -114 stm, +30/30 BL

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's three Bolt Strikes dealt a total of 2809 damage!

"Nnnghhhh!" Pepper crouched down, tail lashing the air. She spared a glance at the scoreboard. Yeah, that felt about right. Brisa was in great shape despite expending so much energy. At the rate this was going, she wasn't going to last more than two more exchanges like that. And she also suspected that Brisa wasn't going to go down even when everything about her body suggested it would.

She had no choice but to go all out right then.

With a scream, Pepper came rushing forward with everything she had.

Pepper feinted a strike on Brisa, but she dodged!
Pepper used Divine Mystery again, sealing Plasma Fists!
Pepper used Water Pledge, dealing 104 damage!
Pepper used Aqua Tail, dealing 266 damage!

Brisa's Muscle Memory activated!
Brisa's Blaze of Glory activated!
Pepper regained 700 HP!
Pepper is Staggered!

Pepper looked determined this time, knowing what was coming. But she refused to let up here. Her tail slammed on the ground. I just have to outlast her a little more... I... I've got this. I'm not washed up yet... I may have a family... but I'm still an Explorer, darn it!

Brisa: Blaze of Glory

Pepper: 2800

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa snarled and gripped the earth with her hindclaws. She'd snatch a win if it took everything outta her. Pepper still had that goddamn protective barrier up, but her stance was off, reeling from Brisa's onslaught, if only fucking barely. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon.

"I'm givin' ya all I got!" she yowled, as she rushed forwards with plasma streaming from her fists.

[+12, SE, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Crit, +75 Para]
Brisa used Plasma Fists! [Charge]
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Plasma Fists!
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Plasma Fists!
Brisa's Blaze of Glory ended.
Net: Jail, win, faint.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's final onslaught dealt...!

Electricity and steam filled the arena as the top screen showed both fighters at their bottom. The judges in the top of the stands were murmuring to one another fervently, trying to determine an outcome quickly. They checked replays, who feel first, the movement of the bars as Brisa's vitality had ticked down the moment Pepper's had plummeted.

"...It seems that the judges are unable to determine the victor!" Incineroar announced. "Per the rules, that means that the winner will be determined by... the first between the two to rise and declare their victory!"

Just as Incineroar finished, the last of the steam faded away. It revealed Thyme and Starr off to the side, helpless and only able to watch. They couldn't interfere...

Pepper's tail twitched. Then her claws. The audience was silent--a pin could drop and it'd be heard on the other side.

Pepper rose by one arm. Then, slowly, a foot. Brisa was still on the ground.

"Pepper," Incineroar addressed like a reminder. "In order to win, you must announce your victory!"

She didn't respond. her scaly brows furrowed, the gears turning, but she also was so tired, like she'd been awoken from a deep slumber.

"I..." Pepper was sinking. "I... w... w..."

And then, she fell once again.

3878 damage!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Flickers of Tenacity-enhanced plasma washed over Brisa. She was exhausted. She was hurting like hell. But she was....

"Still . . . c-conscious..."

Brisa toughed it out at 0.5 hp to show her best side to everyone!

Brisa forced herself to one knee with her fists tight. She looked at her partner and opponents, all thoroughly knocked out. To the audience, awaiting the match's conclusion in perfect silence.

"Team Spectrum claims th'win," she gasped. "Can I pass out now?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The sound of the announcer's voice and the roar of the crowd dragged Starr into something approaching a conscious state. What happened--they won? Nice. Man though, she really had to stop getting knocked out so early and leaving Brisa to pull off the win. And she hadn't even gotten hit this time--she'd gone too hard, burned out too fast.

Starr cracked her neck and wiped a bit of blood from her nose before sluggishly sitting upright. And... huh, Brisa was out cold too. Must've stayed on her feet just long enough to grab the win.

Starr grabbed Brisa's shoulder and shook lightly. "You're gonna make me look bad if you keep winning these things without me," she said with a smirk.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa rolled a little and dispelled her zeraora form, and with it, her burn. Her muscles screamed and her every fur follicle felt like it was on fire, but it didn't matter while she looked at Starr's teasing grin.

"I didn't win it without you," she said, in a soft growl. "And you were fuckin' fantastic."

She hobbled to her feet and leaned her flank against Starr's side. Ow, ow, ow, everything hurt so fucking bad. But they'd won another match. They'd won together.

Worth it.

<><><><><>​

R15 ~ Astrid v Puff

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You know," Puff said, "This is a bit of an unorthodox way to conduct a proper interview... But I guess, with the way Team Spectrum is..."

Incineroar was already announcing it for all of Cibus to hear, as Astrid and Puff seemed ready to duke it out. Though, at this point, after what they had seen Astrid do, they weren't sure if Puff would be able to last against her... Could he have a trick?

"All right, Astrid!" the Cinderace said, hopping from foot to foot. "Let's get this started. Investigation start!"

Puff used Divine Investigation! His Accuracy went up by 2 and he gained the Cunning status! On the first full hit he takes in a turn, Puff can reduce the damage taken by half!

Puff:
HP: 3000

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
He was vulnerable. She could do what she’d done to Sunny, but… mm. She’d hit the training rooms every day for that one like a week in advance. Spent hours doodling strategy for it in her room, that damned Blissey—though she’d been easily distracted for some of that time, too. Such was life cooped up in Destiny Village. The Colosseum had always seemed like a vacation, and perhaps it was in some sense. But honestly? She could go for a real one.

Ironic, because these thoughts were very much a fantasy, while the field before her, and her opponent, clearly ready to start, were real. Those thoughts would have to wait… if the sly reporter couldn’t snag them right from her brain!

“Puff! Really glad you made it! Thanks for indulging my itch to battle.”

She swallowed through the grin that had formed on her face. Puff, at least on the battlefield, was exceptionally accurate. Dodging likely wasn’t an option. She would have to be fast… but she wanted to give him his interview too, didn’t she? She was the stronger fighter between them by far, but that didn’t matter once she started to strike and her defenses left the room.

Moving with a cautious gait, she flared her tails and began to pace along the crude battlefield lines.

Interestingly, the first question would be asked by her.

“Ever do an interview in the rain?”

Astrid used Rain Dance!
Astrid used Nasty Plot!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats: +2 Magic
Δ Stamina: -36
Δ Shade:
Δ Radiance:
Δ Misc: +Rain, +1 Action

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You'd be surprised," Puff said, and then he seemingly disappeared, reappearing right behind Astrid. He could have struck Astrid then, but instead he leaned forward and asked, "Well, Astrid!" And his words were like a vice on her movements. Something magical was behind his speech. "Tell us a little about yourself! What do you do back home? From what I'd already gathered, you're part of an organization similar to the one you're with now."

Puff used Divine Interview! Astrid can't used damage-dealing moves for one turn, and her first action must be a Call!
Puff did something tricky, but Astrid couldn't tell what!

Owen, as usual, watched from the stands. He leaned forward, like his eyes had tricked him. Wishkeeper loomed above, watching with a curious glint in his glowing eyes.

Astrid: 485

Puff: 3000

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
A battle of words, then.

Astrid Called out to Puff!

“I’m an explorer! I seek out old treasures and new places and draw maps and stuff. Yeah, I guess it’s a little like working at the guild here… with some differences. Like, the refreshments are better here. And my teammates are way stronger. Um, anyway, I fight a lot of hostile and criminal Pokemon, since a big part of exploding—I mean, exploring, y’see, there’s a lot of overlap, so…”

She spit out a mouthful of air and pivoted, still on the defensive. Tongue twisters, dammit. Wasn’t she on live TV or something? Keen to not make a fool of herself, she doubled down on her speaking abilities. Time for another question!

“What’s that you’re doing, anyway? I saw that…” She didn’t, really, but she could’ve sworn something had made its way past her. Enough to know she’d missed it. Maybe, she thought with a smirk, she’d give him a taste of his own chatter. “Yeah, you think you can trick me? Huh? I have good eyes. Real good.”

Hey, Owen, Astrid hastily projected. Can I use you as a cheat sheet for a moment? Did you see what I didn’t see just now?

Astrid Called out to Owen in the stands!
Astrid used Nasty Plot!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats: +2 Magic
Δ Stamina: -19
Δ Shade:
Δ Radiance:
Δ Misc: +1 Action

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I think Puff... is hiding his moves from you! I think he just tried... something... but it wasn't attacking you. Uh, obviously. I don't know. Did he do something else?

So he was performing techniques, but hiding them. Perhaps if Astrid attacked, they would be known... but perhaps that, too, was what Puff was waiting for.

"Is that so?" Puff asked. "Sounds like you're right in the swing of things, then!"

He feinted another attack, but then said, “Do you do things any differently here in Cibus? After all, I doubt your battle strategy is something that works back home!"

Those words seemed weaker; it seemed like Puff couldn't push to force Astrid to answer that often.

Puff used Divine Interview again!
Puff did something tricky!

Astrid: 485

Puff: 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom