• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
So, her brief caging of Rayquaza was public knowledge now? Brisa wasn't sure how to take that, but Luz was fucking thrilled, judging by her wild whooping.

"Howdy, Pepper! I'm ready to see you at full strength, ma'am! Don't you hold back, now!"

Brisa's fur crackled with power as she prepared to hit Pepper with the hardest Wild Charge possible, as many times as necessary.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's double Wild Charge dealt 134 damage the first time, then 89 the second! Brisa took 21 damage in recoil!

"Unf--!" Pepper slid back from the first impact but struck back in return for the second. "You're strong, Brisket... Brisa, right?" She hopped away, avoiding stray sparks that danced around her scales. She glared at Brisa, instilling a sense of terror with those glowing eyes...

She was at a serious disadvantage type wise, and it seemed like their corrupted auras were making them incredibly tough. Fighting them one on one wouldn't be much of an option for long, even if it was just a sparring match. But without any items to assist them in this particular fight, this wouldn't be an easy one...

Pepper used Scary Face, lowering Brisa's speed! She can't attack as often!

She had a burn, Pepper noticed. Was that how unstable her attacks had become? She should be careful about that... Thankfully, they'd trained for this. Pepper had more that she could do, too. Should she have taken this more seriously from the start? Having not saved the world for a few decades, she was feeling rusty...

No better time than now to start.

Pepper retaliated with Aqua Tail, dealing 90 damage to Brisa!

Brisa's turn chipped away at her health...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa circled Pepper carefully, seeking an opening past her vigilant stare.

"Yeah, though back home my name means 'breeze', for the mountain winds. You can't slow me down enough to win, Pepper!"

She was playing it up for the crowd, at Luz's suggestion. As she fought, she felt the barest presence of Luz in her mind, making her braver, faster, bolder. She could win this. There was still a chance.

An opening presented itself. Wild Charge, yet again!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Wild Charge dealt 89 damage! Brisa took 9 damage in recoil!

"Gah!" Pepper staggered back again, but shook it off. No, she'd been through worse... Sure, it was harder without Thyme to help her fight--especially since he was off in the stands, cheering her on--but she wasn't going to let this upstart beat her. Especially when she had such a basic strategy!

"What's this to you, huh?" Pepper called. "Just trying to let off some steam?"

She swept her arm forward.

"Then go ahead!"

She misfired a little and didn't send as much protection as she wished she had, but it would have to do.

Pepper used Protect, surrounding herself in three shield layers!

Pepper halted her second action to call Brisa.

Pepper: 63, +3 Protect
Brisa: 197

Brisa's burn deals a little damage to herself...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"What's this to you, huh? Just trying to let off some steam?"

Brisa growled. Sure, a battle was a way to let loose a little, but that wasn't why she fought. She could go running, or train solo, if that was all that mattered. Gods knew she did that all the time.

"Battlin' is what I do! It's how pokémon grow stronger, how we come to understand one another! I want to see yer heart when you fight me, Pepper! Is this yer true fightin' spirit, lettin' me burn out from behind yer shields? Or are ya gonna tussle with me good 'n' proper?"

Brisa called Pepper!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pepper smirked, stepping back with a sigh. "You know," she said as part of the barrier faded, though only part of it, "I think I'm starting to understand you a little better, the way you fight when you're on your own. And I think, from what my kids told me, I know why. Because you're half-human, like them, right?"

The ground rumbled...

"It makes sense, your strategy. You're from a world where you outclass practically everyone, right? So why would you bother with being careful...?"

The rumbling was getting stronger...

"And I could feel it when I was fighting you. You fight and fight and fight, the strongest forces you can manage. That's why I'm behind this shield. I didn't take you seriously at first, and you outpaced me... But my real fighting spirit, good and proper? Battles aren't about overpowering. They're about outsmarting. We didn't beat Dialga because we were stronger. We beat him because he was a mindless shell of his former self, and we outsmarted him with what we had.

"I told my kids that when you're up against a foe that's obviously stronger... You get clever."

The ground split open.

Pepper used Earthquake, dealing 119 damage to Brisa!

Pepper called Brisa...

Brisa's burn continues...

Pepper panted, glancing at the timer, then at Brisa. She had about two hits in her of Brisa tried to rapid-fire her way through, but it didn't look like she had the speed for it. But in terms of vitality, she still had the advantage.

"Think you want to call it here?" Pepper asked between pants.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"You're gonna win," called Brisa. "Don't ya wanna see it through? Come on! Folks hardly ever beat me, let me lose for once! I won't yield!"

She rushed forwards, stronger than she looked because of the arclight burn running over her pelt, going for as many Facade attacks as she could before Pepper put the finish on her bravado.

Hit me, hit me, hit me, KNOCK ME OUT GODDAMNIT

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pepper chuckled, even as she parried Brisa's strike with one of the last bits of her Protect. "Yeah, how about that," she said. "Spoken like a true 'mon..."

Pepper dropped her shield as a torrent of water curved around her tail, forming a bludgeoning club several times its normal size. She swung her back and smashed Brisa into the air with one final, decisive blow, and she spun toward the battle screen just to be sure.

Pepper's Torrential Aqua Tail dealt 134 damage to Brisa! Brisa was knocked out!

Pepper followed Brisa's shadow, holding her arms out in preparation to break the inevitable fall.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa was still in Pepper's arms when she came to a moment later. She was in the best kind of pain, after-battle hormones flooding her brain the way they never did during an easy victory. Oh, she felt fantastic.

"Thank you," she said to the feraligatr, quietly. "Fer givin' me a real fight."

She waved a paw to the crowd and put on a truly sincere grin. A cheer went up.

"Pepper... tell me we can do this again sometime?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Incineroar was excitedly announcing the results while Pepper carried Brisa out the hall, where Thyme and the others happily greeted them. "You did great out there," Pepper said. "Would really look forward to taking you on, but you might beat me then if I stay rusty. I'm really gonna have to train up while we're staying in DV, huh?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Oh, please do, Ma'am! Havin' to put real effort into winnin' a fight has me practically giddy," said Brisa.

"Or maybe that's jus' how hard ya hit her," said Luz, chuckling.

Brisa dropped from Pepper's arms to all fours and greeted the rest of Team Spice with a smile, giving paw-bumps to the croconaw sisters and introducing everyone to Luz.

She sighed happily as Luz flexed and posed for the kids' entertainment. "I ain't leavin' Cibus until I've beaten you in a rematch, Pepper. Count on it."

She imagined herself for a moment at her full power, taking on the whole of Team Spice alone. Whether she won or not, that was how she wanted to live. Going all out against friends who'd gladly do the same. She wondered if Owen fancied a sparring session any time soon...

<><><><><>​

R7 - Rematch against Shield

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Alright," Owen said to himself, looking left and right. "I think if we know Rayquaza well enough, we can probably guess that he's going to open with the same strategy as before. He still has his Radiant powers, and he seems to be just a little stronger, too. So--"

"Wait, how do you know this?" Cal asked.

Owen gestured behind him, where Wishkeeper appeared.

"Oh, right."

The whole team was gathered in the left waiting lobby, clearly ready to fight, but they had some last minute strategizing to make. "You guys all got your items, right? The Colosseum provided us with a good set for each of us to use if we need to, but we all have different needs. Brisa, you keep maintaining that burn, right? So either get a Tiny Reviver, because those don't work, or maybe get those weird seeds and use it on yourself if you get a normal Reviver? And, uh... Vix, maybe you should get more Max Elixirs, since you tire out pretty quickly in fights, but we need your offensive power..."

Owen continued to babble, obsessing over their loadout and preparation. After all, unlike so many other times, they had time to plan.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot carefully looked over the items in his bag, before helping out some of his teammates make some last minute changes while discussing some potential plans with others. They were all well prepared and had already beaten Rayquaza and the others once, so surely they'd beat them a second time. Maybe they could even change Rayquaza's mind after doing so.

He couldn't help but smile as Owen continued to babble on. It was good to see that everyone was as eager for this match as he was.

"I see you're really fired up for this fight," Cabot chuckled. "I don't think you've ever been this active with strategizing before."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Are you kidding?" Owen said, looking back. "Maybe in the heat of battle I can't do as much of the strategizing, but I've been the one--I mean, Wishkeeper, but he's technically me--calling out what's incoming!" Though, he still was missing a lot of details. Hopefully as they got through more fights, he'd be able to uncover even more information...

Not to mention how active Owen had been trying to make sure everyone was prepared. Though, he had been having trouble gathering some of them up...

But this time, with everyone gathered and not in a frantic tizzy to get to the front lines of battle? They could prepare all they wanted.

"Looks like we're ready," Owen said, nodding. Maybe having red scales gave him the confidence to stand as a leader of some sort, even if he was one among many leading the fight. "Let's show Cibus what Team Spectrum is all about!"

<><><>
Shield stood at the other end of the arena, which seemed to be just large enough for Rayquaza to go on his circular flights should he need, and still have room to stretch and fly. He shined with the last of the Radiant power that flowed through him, and Shield, too, glowed. Groudon and Kyogre were both missing, but it was clear why. They really were replicating the battle...

Chip stood on the sidelines, analyzing the capture spheres in action. The audience was packed and nearly overfilling with audience members; there were even flying spectators extending beyond the typical seating, circling above like the storm Rayquaza would soon brew with the others.

"Then you're here," Rayquaza said. His great pincers--he was already in that state Bahamut had called Trance... Groudon and Kyogre were undoubtedly the same.

"Team Spectrum has entered the arena!" Incineroar announced.

It seemed like everyone was in the stands to watch, or at least, those who could make it. Balm and Cepa--it was hard to miss that pink onion in particular, with how she stood out against Balm's green scales--Thyme, Pepper, and their kids, Puff and Cream, even that Flygon Saltriv had run into. Was the whole world watching this fight?

"Enough formalities," Rayquaza said. "Begin the match, mortal!"

Incineroar grinned from ear to ear. "Does Team Spectrum have anything to say in response?!"

"I think we're ready," Cal called back. Mostly because Rayquaza was already conjuring his meteor. "Yep! Let's go, let's go!"

The interface for the audience to see was struggling to measure Rayquaza's power, but by some miracle, and perhaps a lot, lot, lot of software and hardware updates and upgrades, it managed... even though Owen was still there to keep track in the heat of battle.

Shield created five Protects!
Rayquaza is conjuring Blinding Meteor!

Rayquaza must be Staggered to halt the meteor!

For extra renown, prevent Blinding Meteor or Blinding Supercell from fully casting more than once!

Shield: 1,000
Rayquaza: 15,0000

"Come, Emissaries of Darkness!" Rayquaza shouted. "If you claim to be our new saviors... prove it here and lay bare your heart to the world!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"And so the battle begi--WHOA, already off the bat a massive flurry of attacks from Team Spectrum! They're on the offensive! Can they really stop Rayquaza's meteoric strike so quickly?!"

Incineroar was, while speaking, weaving left and right, dodging stray stones and flames and all kinds of attacks that flew toward Rayquaza at once. He had been working in this field for years and years at this point and he knew how to dodge even the fastest attacks from the sidelines. Pebbles slammed into the barrier that protected the audience from the arena with ethereal clangs.

In the midst of the chaos, Astrid tried to surround Rayquaza in frigid air, but it wasn't enough to slow him down. It seemed to be getting there, though... Meanwhile, Icetales was cheering them on, and at first, Rayquaza was amused at how useless such gestures were... until he had a tingling feeling on his scales, like his Radiance was resonating with his. Was he actually strengthening them?!

Brisa's Boon Facade dealt 581 damage to Rayquaza!
Cabot's Stone Edge dealt 252 damage to Rayquaza!
Saltriv's Shadow Panic dealt 217 damage to Rayquaza and added 150 to his speed debuff!
Shiron's Shadow Maelstrom dealt 267 damage to Rayquaza!
Nip's two Blast Seeds dealt 400 damage to Rayquaza!
Starr's Flare Blitz dealt 291 damage to Rayquaza, and she took 29 damage in recoil!
Dave's Assurance dealt 289 damage to Rayquaza!
Celeste's Assurance dealt 235 damage to Rayquaza!

"Gah! I should have expected as much," Rayquaza hissed.

"Don't give up yet!" Shield said. "We've seen this before. We'll try again! They're fast, but we can disrupt them!"

"Of course." Rayquaza took to the skies, becoming a great, green blur against the pale blue. Owen tried to warn the others of who he was targeting, but Rayquaza was faster than his words. They had to rely on their reflexes.

Shield used Helping Hand on Rayquaza!

Rayquaza used Extreme Speed three times, aiming for Shiron thrice, Saltriv and Celeste twice, and Nip and Icetales once!
Shiron: Dodged one, took two for 118
Saltriv: 186
Celeste: Dodged one, took one for 163
Nip: Dodged!
Icetales: Dodged!

"Okay, he's doing the same pattern as before," Owen said between breaths. "I think now is when he does that--yep, there it is!"

Rayquaza used Blinding Gale!
Rayquaza is charging a Meteor Beam!

Shield used Blinding Aegis - Physical!
Shield used Coaching on Rayquaza, boosting his Attack and Defense!

"We're doing great, Rayquaza. This was to be expected! Force them to exert themselves and strike when they stumble on the landing!" Shield stepped back. "Team! Go, now!"

The six of Silver's team all roared in unison and ran toward them, but two in particular were leading the fight. Several on Team Spectrum tired to get in the way, creating a massive cloud of dust and energy that Incineroar was, somehow, able to discern.

Gengar used Seize I on Shiron, Saltriv, and Nip, stealing 200 speed and adding 2 speed to Rayquaza!

Alakazam used Boon III - Speed on Rayquaza, raising his speed by 2 and adding an extra 100 damage to his next attack!

Brisa took some damage from her burn...

Rayquaza: 12,649
Shield: 1,000

Support Burst: 50/100
Enemy Burst: 20/100

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper held Bahamut’s badge up. It seemed he was recording the battle.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
For some reason, being an "Emissary of Darkness" had a nice ring to it, but that was really not something Vix should have been thinking about now. While everyone was getting to work, she kept herself as out of the way as possible, secretly bolstering herself for just the right moment.

"Relax, deep breaths, you've done this before and you can do it again," Vix told herself.

"With a bigger team, yes," Puddle snickered. "Try not to fall behind this time?"

"As if I've ever fallen behind before," Vix huffed. If she didn't acknowledge all the times she melted in battle, then they didn't count. That was the rule.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
‘Emissaries of Darkness.’

Perhaps her Shadows were best left to the side on this one.

Or perhaps they would be the key.

Astrid would make that decision later. The fireworks had begun, and she wanted in on it. A quick blast of her Radiance met Rayquaza with ease (to her surprise, he’d left himself defenseless by doing the same attack as last time ), but it wasn’t quite enough yet. Close enough, though! Chunks of sparkling ice fell off of his body as he got in position to attack again; she’d need to line up another one later, when the timing was perfect…

After making eye contact with her friend and exchanging a nod—and a bit of Speed, thanks Brisa—she rolled away from the radius of Gengar’s disruption powers and bared her fangs at Rayquaza. “We’ve arrived!”

Shield was moving in her periphery. At first she ignored him—whatever he tried would be difficult to stop right now—but then it hit her. If I can get him to block ranged attacks instead of physical…

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa thundered into battle, her mane ablaze with electricity. The participants were different, and the stakes too, but her will to win was the same.

"He's usin' the same fuckin' pattern," she called to Luz. "We're gonna pull the same damn tricks we did last time, then!"

Luz sprinted alongside her, eyes assessing their opponent's every move. "Sure, darlin', but we're gonna need someone to give us some cover after we cage him! Let's call for help!"

Her pride was less than her need to keep pummelling the stuffing out of this fucking oversized sidewinder, so call she did.

"I'm about to put the hurt on Rayquaza, would someone guard me against any enterprisin' retaliation??" she cried, as she pulled at the legendary with her lightning tethers once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom