• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.
R5 – Brisa, Astrid & Icetales

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I believe it, Ma'am," said Brisa. "Be seein' you."

She waved goodbye to Team Spice, idly imagining going toe to toe with them in her old body. Maybe it would be finally enough to let her evolve into luxray... but not today, and not in this body.

She could still go for another fight, though. Maybe someone else would challenge her after spectating her last...

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
While Astrid sprinted past everyone, Icetales instead strode calmly toward the battlefield. In his leftmost tail he held one of the bags of honey peanuts, which he scooped up with his tongue and crunched almost noiselessly. He glanced at the roaring audience, before looking at the lone Shinx standing in the middle of the arena.

He waved his paw and smiled. “Miss Brisa! Many congratulations for the splendid win!” he shouted, hoping that his voice could be heard.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hey Astrid! How d'you do, Icetales? Y'know it's just 'Brisa', right?"

Brisa approached her friends and allies with a warm smile. It was actually starting to feel normal to be pleased to see folks, and to believe that they were pleased to see her.

"Surf 'n' Turf are good kids, but they ain't got the discipline to take on Spectrum folks yet. Give 'em time. Say, you guys want a fight? I'm warnin' you, though, I don't intend to hold back with a crowd watchin'!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales blinked in surprise. It was very unusual for him to meet someone who preferred to be greeted without any title attached. “…Just ‘Brisa’? Huh… this is most unorthodox, but if that is thy preference, then all is swell.”

His pupils darted around the battlefield, and he couldn’t help but feel a bit of stage fright. It was one thing to duel in private, but in front of a crowd? Now that was another pair of gloves.

“Hmm, a duel… I am not sure yet. I shall have a quick think about this, and… well, I am aware I could use some training, but,” he glanced at Astrid, “I shall give the priority to Miss Astrid, if she so desires.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Aha…” Oh goodness. She hadn’t fought Brisa one-on-one yet; that itch would need to be scratched sooner rather than later, dammit.

But not now. Despite her victory alongside Cabot at the beach, she had not forgotten the oomph behind the headbutt her friend had landed on her. Her eyes trailed down to the Shinx’s legs—look at those muscles…

The doctor had been clear: no combat for a few days. Gobble orans and elixirs and stretch and don’t explode again. That was her responsibility, and fighting on television, win or lose, was a bad move. She… yes, she was going to be patient.

“I want to. And I will,” Astrid said, “in a few days when I’m cleared. I promise I’ll challenge you then.” Her mouth curled upward into a playful grin; the tip of her tongue peeked between her front teeth. “At leeeast, if you don’t challenge me first.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Astrid's Thirsty Brain said:
Her eyes trailed down to the Shinx’s legs—look at those muscles…
Brisa noticed where Astrid's gaze went, and couldn't help but shift awkwardly at the attention. It wasn't like it was unpleasant to see Astrid... admiring her, exactly. Just... unexpected. Different.
Icetales said:
“Hmm, a duel… I am not sure yet."
"That's fair. Whenever you're ready, fella."
Astrid said:
“I want to. And I will, in a few days when I’m cleared. I promise I’ll challenge you then. At leeeast, if you don’t challenge me first.”
Brisa grinned, her fur sparking off involuntarily. "I'm sure lookin' forward to that, then. Just as soon as you're up fer it."

Okay, so neither of her vulpix friends was a suitable combatant just now. She could still give them a little show.

"Get yourselves a place in the crowds. I'll make up fer you missin' my last fight."

Brisa arranged another impromptu fight via the manager, against a trio of young challengers from the front seats. They were explorers, and decent fighters, but they just didn't have the toughness of a half-human like Surf, or a Diyem-made body like her own. Brisa dealt out a series of flashy blows, finished the fight in a flurry of exertion, and then bowed to her opponents and to the audience, amid cheers. She could get used to this.

She kept an eye out for Astrid and Icetales in the stands, her whole body warming up with the knowledge that their eyes were on her. Gods, this was what it was to be a pokémon. To fight hard in an arena like this, to thrill at the exertion, to receive acclaim for your combats. She was meant for a world like this, or like Starr's, or—

She cut off the thought, and took her leave. Enjoy it while you can. Don't get attached. Don't get wistful.

She tried to meet her friends afterwards, outside, hoping they might say... something nice, she supposed.

How come you're always fighting, aren't you interested in anything else? You could've killed someone, swinging your power around like that! You’re fucking dangerous.

Something nice enough to get Jesse Stranger out of her head, if she could be so lucky. Either way, she'd spend a span talking with her friends, and then maybe go for a wander...

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
From a partially shaded and fresh side of the audience, Icetales watched every single movement of the Shinx in the arena with uncanny interest. He had placed the bag of peanuts between himself and Astrid, in case she wanted to help herself with a small snack.

“…She truly is a fine combatant. Most admirable prowess and skill… I bet she would give some trouble even to my brother Keo’Keo III, my most battle-savvy sibling,” commented Icetales, watching Brisa slamming into her opponent like an electrified bullet. “I reckon one of those attacks could leave anyone sparking for days, hm.”

And then, the match was over. The trio had put an excellent fight, but they all ended up biting the dust.

Icetales cocked an invisible eyebrow. “I wonder if she is this tough even in her homeworld…” He narrowed his eyes as his mind went toward his own homeworld.

Would she turn into a daemon in my world, I wonder…?

…No, probably not, but he had to admit that past accidents didn’t really give him much reassurance. Anyway, they weren’t in his homeworld, so that was a non-issue.

As soon as the combatants started walking away from the arena, Icetales looked at Astrid. “Shall we go compliment our comrade for her brilliant performance?” he asked, standing up and wagging his tails. “She deserves some appropriate appraisal, I daresay!”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid nodded. “I’ll be watching.”

And indeed, she got to watch quite a show. Again, the atmosphere was noticeably different. It was spicier. If sitting in the stands was such an experience, Astrid could only imagine what it was like to fight down there.

Fighting for sport… it’s actually really exciting! Maybe it couldn’t hurt to give it a try sometime…

She’d never battled for an audience of more than four or five, and those were usually her teammates and the occasional rescue client. There had to have been thousands of Pokémon in this stadium, and these were merely exhibition matches, most of them involving no more than three or four Pokémon. She couldn’t help but wonder, then: was the presence of Team Spectrum in Destiny Village the reason for this spike in interest? What sorts of tales were being told about them now that they’d handled several unforeseen threats across the world?

Perhaps they’d find out soon enough. In the meantime, she was going to soak it all in.

<><><><><>

R6 Bahamut versus Surf and Turf, the Sequel

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Why must I show up to this infernal place again?" Bahamut stomped through the entrance with his arms drooping on either side of him.

"You got a summons." Esper waved the piece of parchment in front of Bahamut's eyes. He grabbed it (and Esper) in his right hand. "Urk... c'mon, you don't want to disappoint the kiddies, right?"

Bahamut let go and muttered something under his breath.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Bahamut had been prompted with a little more organization this time around. He was shown where to go, where to stand, and finally when to go in. One of the facilitators seemed unsure on whether they really wanted someone like Bahamut fighting these opponents again, but... well, they were the ones that asked.

Standing on the opposite side of the arena were the same opponents Bahamut had seen before--Surf and Turf, children of the Heroes of the second Omen. Surf was busy punching the air, while her Totodile sister nervously waved at the audience.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Yo, what up, water-butts?” Esper said, waving at them while he lay on Bahamut’s head.

Right. The kids. Had to keep them entertained. “Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yes," Surf said. "Because this time, we're fighting with an actual strategy! And if you win, then... whatever! But we want a fair fight this time!"

"And we trained," Turf added. "So we're stronger than before!"

"A lot stronger. And smarter. We actually took training seriously for once!" Surf punched the air.

"It looks like Surf and Turf are ready for action! Fighters!" Incineroar called, gesturing to them both. "Are we ready?!"

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
They had trained, huh? Fascinating. Bahamut was different, too. Because of the stupid cat body. And Esper.

"Don't worry, Baha Blast, I got you." Esper stuck his hands up and tiny, sludgy pom-poms appeared in them. "Ra-ra-ree! Kick 'em in the knee! Ra-ra-rutt! Kick 'em in the butt!"

That wasn't remotely helpful. No, wait, that wasn't entirely true. Something felt different. Bahamut's metal was... lighter? But sturdier? He somehow felt more agile. Possibly enough to move twice. In which case, the course of action was clear.

One hand sent a Thunder Wave toward the older sibling. Then his core flickered silver and the sheen of Magic Coat took over his body. If their strategy was to use other means to stop him, he'd turn things back on them.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Ghh--!" Surf grunted and stumbled back, narrowing her eyes dangerously. "He--he got me!" she shouted. "But he didn't get you! Turf! Start the plan!"

"R-right!"

"And I'll start mine..." Surf planted her feet on the ground. "W-we know you'd try to t-target me first... so that's why... the real threat here... is her!"

Strange formations began to dance around Surf's form, like the wind itself was coalescing into blades of air that would assist in any strike she made. Swords Dance? Was Surf preparing for single, large blows?

Meanwhile, Turf took on a defensive stance, a cyan barrier forming around her body. She looked fatigued--putting that on her must have taken quite a lot out of her. It didn't look like she'd be able to land an attack on the next strike, but perhaps that was intentional...?

Per the rules, they had no items to work with--which meant Surf suspected she'd be dealing with Paralysis for the whole fight. They had to stop that from happening to Turf.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut looked the smaller one over. Barriers? Not quite like Owen's. Esper confirmed it. "Looks like she's got the shields up. Batten down the hatches and all that jazz." He pointed his head at Turf... and shot a glob of paint at her. Bahamut doubted that would even get rid of one of the shields, but it might at least prove distracting. Still, powering up for occasional strikes was problematic.

He decided to Siphon Surf's speed further with a few radiant tendrils. Then he used the most basic of basic attacks... by pouncing to Turf and swiping at the stack of barriers with an armored forepaw.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Ghhn... k-keep it up," Surf said.

"But he's just getting stronger!" Turf said, practically feeling the new vitality radiating off of the great lion. Something about being swatted at by someone so large... Turf had a flash of fear in her eyes, but it was replaced by a defiant growl.

"I won't let him... s-slow me down," Surf said, performing yet another Swords Dance. There was no way she'd be able to do more than that, but she already started walking toward Bahamut while the kitty was distracted by the glowing ball. "Turf! Speed up!"

"Right!" Turf hopped away from Bahamut even as the barrier flickered, fading down to three layers after Bahamut took out one, and another was lost to time. Her movements were getting faster...

Turf has 3 barriers remaining and has +2 Speed.
Surf's Attack is at +4!

Surf: 150
Turf: 90

Bahamut: 287 HP!

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, so the plan was for the little one to get faster. Made sense, he supposed. Wasn't really much he could do about it other than getting rid of the current barriers. Which he did with two more basic attacks. The other, he supposed, would just end up fading from neglect.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Turf yelped in surprise when the final barrier faded after Bahamut's onslaught. Those paws were massive. Was he as dangerous to attack as he was defending?

They had to be careful. But they also had to be fast. Turf wouldn't be able to cast another Protect just after the last one shattered. Which meant Bahamut was probably going to paralyze her and there was nothing they could do about it.

"Phase 2!" Surf shouted.

"What? but I'm not fast enough yet!"

"Too late! Phase 2! NOW! His magical barrier isn't up!"

Turf screamed, and at first it seemed to be out of panic--but it wasn't. Especially when Surf followed up with the same--it was an awful sound, one that was tinged with energy that rattled Bahamut down to his crystals.

Surf and Turf used Screech on Bahamut, sharply lowering his defense!

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut sighed. He was not a fan of these annoying show fights. And he chose defenses so his attacks were practically worthless. Whatever. They were clearly operating under the impression that all he'd do is stall for time. Which was all he seemed to be good for around here, anyway. And attacking them would just run the risk of powering up their water attacks.

The tiny one, then. A Thunder Wave, followed by Radiant Siphon on the little one to negate the Agility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom