• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"God fucking damn it MOTHERFUCKER--"

Everyone else was too far away. Starr only had a few seconds to act. And literally nothing mattered more than reaching that goddamn bastard before he could make it through--!

- Starr used Power Trip! [+12, STAB, UE, 69 stages]
- Starr used Power Trip! [+12, STAB, UE, 69 stages]
- Starr used Shining Renegade! (And then immediately dispelled it)
- Final Rush! Starr used Radiant Power Trip! [+12, STAB, SE, 69 stages]

Starr is overflowing with Radiance! She used Blinding Meltdown! [+12, STAB, SE]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, are you trying to chase me?" Giovanni asked with a wicked grin. "How cute that you stand a--"

And then, briefly, he looked alarmed. He had tried to perform a few cutting words to knock Starr down a few pegs, but for that brief, fleeting moment, his usual flaw returned to him--underestimating sheer power from the defiant spite of a child.

"What--?" Giovanni passed through the portal, but Starr had followed. "You fool, why did you--"

Giovanni had used Endure... which faded!

Starr's Power Trip dealt 3522 damage to Giovanni! Giovanni was knocked out, and Domination was dispelled!

Starr's Power Trip dealt 3596 damage to Giovanni!
Starr's Radiant Power Trip dealt 2221 damage to Giovanni!
Starr's Blinding Meltdown dealt 1211 damage to Giovanni!

They sailed through the wormhole...

Something shined up ahead.

Everything faded into a painful, hot swirl of colors.

<><><>
"And for my next trick..." Joule dug through a portal the size of his wing. "I will make an Incineroar... reappear!"

Like a hat, Joule pulled Starr out by her left leg. She was still glowing from leftover Radiance. Some time had passed--perhaps a few minutes. Most of the crowd had dispersed. By default, the winner declared was Team Spectrum, as Giovanni left the arena first. Once Joule recovered Starr, news rapidly spread about her survival; Puff was nearby to gather more info, but Maple had him pinned to the ground with her foot on his back until Starr had time to recover.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr blinked, and then immediately squinted as her eyes weren't ready to look at things just yet. Her head felt like it was in a vice. Everything felt blindingly bright. She could sense movement nearby. She twitched her tail just to see if she could.

"Fuuuuuuck... did i get him?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You certainly did," Joule said cheerily, his voice back to normal as he set her on the ground. They were still in the arena.

"Starr, that was... incredibly reckless," Maple chided, "But... at least we suspected something like that was coming. Didn't we?" She glanced behind her, where Dialga and Palkia nodded in unison. "We didn't expect him to be so fast about it..."

"You won't have to be worrying about Giovanni anymore," Palkia stated. "I made sure he went to where he should have gone a long time ago."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The final moments of the fight were a mixture of sharply-rising panic, anger, and grim assurance that if there was a damn thing to be done, Starr would do it. Brisa couldn't take off at a run as intended with the crowd so agitated, but she could jump from seat cushion to railing and downwards and on— And then Starr was through the portal.

YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE SHE'S GONE SHE'S GONE SHE'S LOST IT'S TOO LATE YOU LET IT HAPPEN

She made it to the arena by the time Joule was preparing for his little rescue, half-dazed, heart drumming a million beats per minute, eyes like plates, hackles like bristles. She clutched Astrid, and busied herself attending to her beloved friend as best she could, just to keep her head. Starr would reappear any minute. The Legends would help, or she'd beat the shit out of Giovanni until he brought them both back, or—

Joule was pulling Starr through. Thank you. Thank you. Oh gods.

"Yeah," she said, breathlessly, "you fuckin' got the bastard."

So... Where was he now?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr took a few seconds to process what Palkia had said--putting meaning to the words felt like trudging through mud.

"'Where he should have gone a long time ago'...?" she mumbled. "The hell is that?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Dialga chuckled. "Nothing to worry yourself over," he said. "The important thing is that he won't be a problem anymore."

Palkia whistled and wandered off, carving a portal in the air to leave before anyone else could question him.

"...Oh, that reminds me," Dialga hummed, "we still need to get things ready for you and Red, Silver." He nodded at him. "Be seeing you."

"Oh. Right." Silver looked off, nursing a wound. "Yeah. Immortal Legendary body is nice and all, but I wouldn't mind going back to normal, either."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa peeled away a little from the bear hug she'd been giving Starr to look quizzically at Starr's alt-timeline counterpart.

"Huh? You an' Red goin' worldhoppin' again t'gether or somethin'?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Silver shook his head. "Nah." He glanced at Dialga, then Palkia. "They worked something out. Thanks to this world being so disjoint from ours, we can safely... go home."

The arena was cleared out; it was a chaotic fight, one with strange outcomes, but in the end, the audience saw it as yet another battle. Perhaps, in the end, that was for the best.

<><><>​

Last edited:
Epilogue ~ The New Dark God

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's finally happened, the match so many have been speculating about for so long!" Incineroar announced, waving his arms about theatrically. "Team Spectrum versus their dark leader, the powerful and reformed Dark Matter of another world!"

Diyem huffed, arms crossed, as Incineroar hyped them up, but his eyes were more focused on the battlers in front of him. They were a powerful trio that often fought in the Colosseum; it wasn't too surprising that he would be fighting them of all people.

"Don't think I humored this only because of the crowd," Diyem told them while Incineroar finished his hype. "I wanted to experiment with a few things myself. Don't expect me to hold back." He raised his hand in the air and grasped at something invisible. Darkness sprouted from his palms and formed into his hammer in an instant, which he swung on the ground threateningly.

"Are you ready?"

Diyem held a bag forward, containing several berries and other items that he'd taken per Colosseum regulations. He smirked--which was a rare and unsettling sight from him--and tossed it forward. It burned in a black flame, leaving behind nothing but ash.

Diyem destroyed his items!

He raised his hammer and shot a beam into the sky. Instantly, the afternoon sky disappeared, replaced by dark clouds and nighttime that surrounded the whole Colosseum. White lightning crackled around the dome. The vitality sensors flickered, but then regained themselves.

"Then show me everything you have learned."

The Ritual has begun... Diyem's offenses and defenses went up by 1, and those stats cannot be debuffed!
A mysterious power ripples through Diyem's body... Diyem gained Resolve+2!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
So here they were. Finally facing the boss-man himself. Beating him was probably impossible. Probably. But Starr's colo partners were nothing if not stubborn.

"Yeah, if you said you were holding back, I'd think you were sick or something," Starr replied, cracking her knuckles as shadows swept across her fur. "Hope you don't mind if we have too much fun beating the shit outta ya. It's not like you're not gonna repay the favor!"

- Starr used Void Catharsis!
- Starr used Sunny Day!
- Starr is winding up.
Δ Stats: +4 Atk, +4 Spd
Δ Stamina: -90
Δ Blacklight: +40 Shd
Δ HP: -50%, +50% (no change)
Δ Misc: +1 Protect, +2 Action, +Sun
Δ Notes: If Brisa only uses one Paragon, adjust to +2 Atk/Spd and +25% HP

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa stared down Diyem, bared her teeth, and felt her hackles shiver. This was a more daunting challenge in some ways than they'd ever faced as a trio. She honestly didn't know if they could expect to win. But she'd fight anyway, 'cause that was what she did.

"You'll see us at our best, Chief," she growled, bringing up Radiance to push herself, Starr and Astrid further towards their best selves.

She was no fool, though. Without Shadows to balance out that light, Diyem would crush her effortlessly and immediately. That, taken together with the need to know just how tough he was...

"Think fast."

Brisa used Brilliant Paragon, twice!
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Electric Facade! [+6, Stab, Guts, Friendship, Charge, Super Effective, Crit]
Δ Stats: +4 Atk, +4 Spd
Δ Stamina: -278
Δ Blacklight: +65/+20
Δ HP: -50%, +50% (no change)
Δ Misc: +1 Protect, +1 Action
Δ Notes: -

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
The weight of the challenge before Astrid was not lost on her. Diyem himself, in the shadowy flesh—creator of the body she so casually walked into the arena with. The Gals were derivative of Diyem in that sense, and for that matter, he could use their techniques because they were the ones to wield them. It would be tough. Tough, tough, tough. Like fighting themselves, but all packed into one cunning, bulky, stubborn opponent.

He knew, better than perhaps anyone, how Astrid really got down.

“Fight like your life is on the line!” she replied with a playful glint in her eye. “You know we will.”

☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Spite was stored and will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Psych Up, copying Starr’s Speed!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia was stored and will activate next turn!
Δ Stats: +6 Spe
Δ Stamina: -203
Δ Corruption: +20 Shd, +40 Rad
Δ Misc: +1 action, +Recurve:Metanoia, +Recurve:Spite
Δ Notes:

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Electric Facade dealt a CRITICAL 2385 damage to Diyem!

Electricity snapped through the air upon impact and Diyem parried the rest of Brisa's followup with a grunt. "Hmph!" he shook off the crackle and folded his wings back. "That will be the best strike you land."

Conjuring a haze of darkness, he glided toward Brisa with his warhammer held high, slamming it down on Brisa with a few staggering strikes before dealing those two characteristic, devastating blows seconds after. It was incredible--and, in an instant, Brisa was taken down.

But the team knew Diyem well. Despite all that swinging, the ethereal clanging, and that terrifying presence in Diyem's eyes when he struck Brisa down... He couldn't use that attack very often. They had time.

But Diyem wasn't done. He pointed at Starr with dark flames in his eyes. "Fall." And unavoidably, something clutched at her heart, and her body felt heavy.

Diyem used Abyssal Onslaught on Brisa, destroying her barrier and then dealing 944 damage! Brisa is down, but then revived!

Diyem used Abyssal Curse on Starr, lowering her Speed by 3, and then her Actions by 1 for a turn!

Diyem used Abyssal Ritual! Diyem's offenses and defenses went up by 1! Diyem's attacks ignore evasion, and he became immune to defense piercing effects!

Astrid: 569
Brisa: 1
Starr: 860

Diyem: 4281

"It is strange, when I think about it," Diyem said as his large body weaved around his opponents, taking a slightly defensive stance. "Had I summoned those whose spirits did not shine like yours, perhaps we would be in a different situation. Ultimately, I am still an entity of darkness. I have the risk to fall to it again. With the proper influencers, I very well could have become a new scourge upon Cibus. And yet, those I summoned did not push me there."

He seemed to have laughed just then. Little shadows leaked from his mouth, but he was unbothered. "Perhaps I should be thanking you for that."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa grunted with defiant, stubborn resolve as the hammer came crashing down. Motherfucker was stronger than ever.

"Thank us after we kick yer ass, Chief," she snarled. "No matter how hard you hit me, I ain't goin' down afore I hit you harder'n that."

Blacklighting crackled around her body, aerosolised plasma flickered at her feet, and she grinned her wild grin. She could feel the connections to Starr and Astrid inside her as their energies reacted to each other's presence. Miniature stormclouds billowed around her fists . . . and became Radiant.

Brisa wound up...
Brisa used Endure...
Brisa used Electric Terrain...
Brisa unleashed her Tenacity...!
And Brisa used Titanic Bolt Strike! [+8, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Charge, Ultra Effective]
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: -138
Δ Blacklight: +30/+30
Δ HP: +46
Δ Misc: +Endure, +1 Action, -1 Charge, +Unleash,
Δ Notes: -

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
The tips of Astrid’s fur blazed midnight, and the rest of her coat followed suit at its own pace as it sparked with ice and fire and lightning.

"That will be the best strike you land."

Her hesitation was genuine.

“Are you sure about that one…?”

☄️ Recurve! Astrid’s Spite means that Diyem’s Abyssal Ritual will cost him two actions if used this turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Shining Inspiration will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Spite will activate next turn!
☄️ Astrid is Winding Up!
[Astrid Unleashed!]
Δ Stamina: -63
Δ Blacklight: +50 Shd, +50 Rad
Δ Misc: +Endure, +1 action, +Titan, +Recurve:Inspiration, +Recurve:Spite
Δ Notes:

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr held her breath as the dark hammer came down on Brisa... then exhaled as the golden light washed over her. Goddamn, he didn't even need to set up in order to kick their shit in. Still, they'd known going into this that playing defense was useless. Time to dish out some pain.

"'Best strike', huh," Starr echoed, letting her fur blaze with radiant flame. "I bet I can do one better."

Starr Unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Umbral Insolence! She lost 645 HP.
- Starr used Brilliant Flarestrike! [120bp, +10, UE, STAB, Blaze, Sun, Reckless]
- Starr used Eterna Z-burst! [+12, SE, STAB, 160bp]
- Starr is winding up.
Δ Stats: +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: 50%
Δ Blacklight: 0/0
Δ HP: 50% + 645
Δ Misc: +1 action

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 1971 damage to Diyem!
Starr's Brilliant Flarestrike dealt 2277 damage to Diyem!
Starr's Z-Burst dealt 865 damage to Diyem! Diyem's HP was reduced to 0!

"An amazing display of power!" Incineroar cried. "Diyem looks like he took a real hefty blow from that one, but it seems like his vitality is only down by a third despite that! Amazing!"

"Nrgh..." Diyem snarled, glaring at Astrid in particular, and then at all of them trying to endure against his attacks. They were timing themselves well. He couldn't conjure power to strike just yet, but... Yes. This would do. "I should expect no less."

A rare compliment, perhaps.

"Then I'll introduce your new obstacle."

He raised his warhammer up and twirled it like it was as light as a baton. Then, after performing another Ritual--a specter of Astrid slowing it down--he slammed the handle-end onto the ground, erecting a thick barrier of sinister darkness.

Diyem used Abyssal Ritual again! Stats increase again, and Diyem can nullify one attack per turn, and his attacks gain the Drain attribute!
Diyem used Abyssal Shell! Diyem gained +5 Abyss Protects, and 25% damage reduction on the turn they're dispelled!

Astrid: 1
Brisa: 47
Starr: 1,075

Diyem: 6,666, Abyssal Protect+5

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
☄️ Recurve! Astrid’s Spite means that Diyem’s Abyssal Shell will cost him two actions if used this turn!
☄️ Recurve! Astrid was Inspired by Starr!

☄️ Astrid used Voidbound, chaining into Null Flail!

[160 BP | +12, UE, Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit]
☄️ Astrid used Null Flail!
[160 BP | +12, UE, Blaze, Sun, HH, STAB, Crit]
☄️ Astrid Focused! She exited Unleashed!
☄️ Astrid Focused! She exited Metanoia!
☄️ Astrid used Shadow Recurve! Brilliant Metanoia will activate next turn!
Δ Stats: +6 Atk
Δ Stamina: -200, then -125
Δ Blacklight: +10 Shd
Δ Misc: +Recurve:Metanoia
Notes: give crit to Starr

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr sized up the massive wall of darkness encircling Diyem. "Hell of an obstacle," she conceded with a nod. But then her face split into a toothy grin. "Just means we'll have to pull out all the stops to tear it down."

- Starr used Umbral Insolence! She lost 860 HP.
- Starr used Brilliant Flarestrike! [150bp, +12, UE, STAB, Blaze, Sun, Friendship, Reckless]
- Starr used Endure!
Δ Stats: -
Δ Stamina: -155 (+55 SW)
Δ Blacklight: +70/50
Δ HP: Insolence to 215. Recoil to ?? Then, +860
Δ Misc: +1 Sure Crit, for next turn
Δ Turn Order: Brisa > Starr > Astrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom