• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Overcharge Facade dealt 437 damage to Meringue! Meringue's Multiscale was broken!

"Ngah...!" Meringue winced. He felt his Protects coming back, but he wasn't able to call upon them just yet. His wings twitched like he wanted to cast them again, but the energy wasn't there. Instead, his eyes glowed again, and Brisa had a horrible premonition of something coming soon... All the while, he exchanged blows with Brisa, taking advantage of the Gale to send more Aeroblasts and earth-shaking waves of Ground energy

Meringue used Future Sight! Next turn's gonna hurt!
Meringue used Aeroblast on Brisa, dealing 90 damage!
Meringue used Bulldoze on Brisa, dealing 111 damage to Brisa and lowering her Speed again!

Brisa: 684
Meringue: 3,312

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa drew a sharp breath, thick with the scent of blood and petrichor.

"Y'ain't hittin' me hard enough yet, fella," she drawled, slipping back into her combat trance.

She could outlast him. She knew it. She just had to work hard enough to beat down a god.

Brisa used Rest!
Brisa focused deeply!
Brisa unleashed her Tenacity!
Brisa used Sleep Talk, then Bolt Strike! [+8, Stab, Guts, SE, Charge, Loner, +100 Para]
Δ Bars: -10/-10 BL, +2 Stm, 150% hp
Δ Status: Super Sleepy

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 1184 damage to Meringue!

Meringue's Future Sight crashed down on Brisa, dealing 128 damage!
Meringue used Bulldoze, twice, dealing a partial-grazing 138 damage and lowering her speed by 1!

"No, this... how are you withstanding it all?! Am I just not strong enough?!" Meringue shouted. "I can't keep up with that... I... Oh, Pop, it's like fighting Brulee all over again!"

Meringue is panicking! Meringue used Bulldoze again, dealing 94 damage and lowering her Speed even more!

Brisa: 667
Meringue: 2128

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Sorry, partner!" cried Brisa, amid grunts of effort as she rolled with Meringue's strikes. "I just won't hold back 'gainst an opponent like you!"

He was near his limit, she could tell, and she didn't much fancy giving him a shot at stabilising with barriers and throwing her off balance. Time to go all-out. Just like she always did.

The strikes were easy, almost casual. One-two, and he'd surely be down and out.

Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning!
Brisa used Sleep Talk, then Bolt Strike! [+8, Stab, Guts, SE, Charge, Loner, Link Boost, +100 Para]
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Blacklight Z-Burst! [+8, Stab, Guts, UE, Loner, Link Boost]
Δ Bars: Z-Busted, then +30 Rad, +64 Shd
Δ Status: Z-Busted

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 1358 damage to Meringue!
Brisa's Overcharge Z-Burst dealt a CRITICAL 3183 damage to Meringue!

Meringue cried out in pain as the beam crackled through the air, leaving blackened craters in the arena once again. He collapsed, and Incineroar stepped into the arena to raise an arm.

"It seems that Meringue is--" Incineroar pressed a claw to his ear. "...Still standing!"

Meringue was muttering something to himself. "I... I can't lose... I can't... so easily..." He puffed. "All my training... all of my hard work... all of..."

The gale winds swirled around him.

"I'm... supposed to be... the next guardian of the sea and the keeper of all storms... I'm... I'm... LUGIA!"

The audience yelped collectively as a shockwave of air sent Brisa flying to the edge of the arena. Roaring, Meringue followed up with a barrage of twisting air.

Meringue is going all out in a Blaze of Glory!
Meringue's Speed, Attack, Magic, and Accuracy is maxed out!
Meringue struck Brisa with a quadruple Aeroblast, dealing 400 damage total! Brisa is Staggered x4!

Meringue lost all of his energy... It's a KO!

The wind settled... the Lugia finally collapsed. Brisa was still standing, despite it all, but the arena truly looked like a thousand storms had passed in a day. In the stands, Lugia was beaming with a mixture of pride and relief.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa peeled herself away from the wall and staggered forward, gasping for breath. She had just barely endured that last burst of desperate attacking. Another close fight, although she'd had more left in her if it came to it. Damn, what a battle!

She trudged forward, one paw clutching a mystery pain in her abdomen, and gave a little wave to Lugia in the stands. As she did, she got a rare telepathic sending from Luz, seated nearby.

Blow her a kiss! Give the crowd somethin' to talk about~!

Brisa winced. She wasn't fucking doing that.

Aw.

She approached Meringue and placed a paw on the thumb of one of his wings, and gripped it in a fascimile of a pawshake.

"You should be proud of yerself," she told him, her voice thick with exertion. "I'm no ordinary mortal, Lugia. Y'did well."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Meringue panted, his scales softening back to feathers like some kind of magic trick. Light left him in undulating waves with every breath he took. "I guess so," he said gently. "I just... need to get stronger..."

Lugia leapt from the stands and landed with titanic grace. She stood next to Meringue and nodded. "...I think," she said, "for now... you have done more than enough to prove yourself, Meringue. Today, you can rest. Tomorrow, we will continue our training."

"I... did?" Meringue asked.

"Yes. And tomorrow, we can take things to the next level."

"N... next? Oh... joy..."

Without another word, Meringue collapsed, asleep.

<><><>​

R16 ~ Giratina, Reverse Creation

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
There was something off about the atmosphere in the Colosseum.

The stands were packed, a little more than usual. There was a segment of the audience that was marked off with railings, and the Pokemon inside had a strange aura about them. Like they radiated an ominous, black mist that was just barely visible. They ate strange food and the fully evolved ones were excitable and jabbering, while the unevolved ones--which were significantly more numerous--were lecturing these large Pokemon, who quickly quieted down. There was a Typhlosion pouring water over his fiery back, which caused steam to rise and an even greater inferno to form, and he breathed out in a satisfied way. Right next to him, a Treecko that was literally on fire--from the Typhlosion, probably--watched the arena dreamily, like nothing was wrong.

They also seemed to be eating poisoned food.

"I hope you don't mind if I brought some of my fan club here," Giratina said as Incineroar called to the opposite side. "I know how strong you are, so I'm not gonna hold back at all! This isn't gonna be easy! I'm the third of the Creation Dragons! And don't think I'm as weak as I was when the Blacklight had me. I was going easy on you!"

"Are we ready?" Incineroar called to the audience. "Because we have an incredible match for you today, between Team Spectrum and Giratina herself! Are we excited?!"

"NOOOO!" the Reverse crowd roared excitedly.

Incineroar held back a titter and kept to his usual, professional demeanor. "Then if that's the case... Begin!"

Giratina's Distortion activated!
Giratina can freely switch between Reversed and Normal properties!
Giratina gains a defense bonus when Normal! Giratina gains an evasive bonus when Reversed!
Giratina is currently Normal!

Giratina: 30,000

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr strode into the stadium with Brisa and Koa at her side, already feeling a lot more like her old self than she had before the fight with Team Colada. It was a little different than normal, though. Usually the big spectacle matches had her fighting alongside Brisa and Astrid. But this matchup in particular was apparently a pretty big deal to Koa, so he'd be the one taking point this time.

Starr elbowed him with a smirk. "So I know you've fought legends just like the rest of the team, but it sort of hits different when it's a personal match with a crowd watching, doesn't it?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Yeah, it is" Koa murmured, sweeping his gaze around the colosseum before staring at the imposing form of Giratina. He'd spoken to Giratina, gone to the distortion world, fought legendaries but this... this wasn't quite how he'd pictured things. "It's different."

Why was he here?

He stared up at her, his body tense. This wasn't his world's Giratina. Why did it matter? Why had he even wanted to fight her? Why had this felt so importnat.

Why?

He didn't know, but there was no turning back now. A grin grew on his face as sparks crackled across his fur. Even if he wasn't sure why he was here, he knew one thing forsure. He intended to win.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr nodded. "Different. Yeah." Then she clapped a hand to his shoulder. "I know you'll still kick ass, though."

Then she shifted into a ready stance and waited for her teammates to lead the offensive, keeping her shadows at the ready.

- Starr used Void Catharsis on Brisa!
Starr unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Brilliant Flarestrike! [150bp, +9, STAB, SE]
[Starr took 30 Shadow and Radiance from Koa through the Conduit]
- Starr used Blacklight Z-Burst! [232bp, +11, STAB, UE]

Net: 50% HP, 50% Stm, +2 Atk/Spd, +1 Protect, +1 Action
Turn Order: Koa > Brisa > Starr

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa rolled her head and cracked her neck, then her knuckles. "This oughta be fun," she drawled. "But don't you worry, Koa. I'm takin' this real serious. We got yer back." She gave him a light thump on the shoulder to punctuate her assurance. "Make me proud, kid."

She turned to their opponent and her mane lit up with plasma. Against shifting battlefield conditions and the mind-fuck that was Reverse World bullshit, it'd pay to get a goddamn move-on.

[Brisa heard Koa's Thundercall! Her attacks became more accurate...]
Brisa unleashed her Tenacity!
Brisa used Electric Terrain!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon! She pushed herself and Starr to be their best!
Brisa used Void Arcstrike! It reacted to Starr and became Fusion Arcflare! [150 bp, +6 Atk, +4 Acc, Stab, Guts, Terrain, SE, Charge, +300 Para]
[Brisa was soothed and healed by Starr's Catharsis...]
Δ Stats: +2 Atk, +2 Spd, +3 Acc
Δ Stamina: -240
Δ Blacklight: +35/+50
Δ HP: 150%
Δ Misc: +1 Charge, +1 Protect, +Paragon, +Unleashed, +1 Action

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa shifted into a battle stance, electricity mixing with blacklight as he charged up his powers.

"I've won't let you down, Brisa! Hit her where it counts!" he called, his voice reverberating with power.

- Koa used Brilliant Conduit!
- Koa used Shining Echochamber!
- Koa used Pressurized Void Thundercall on Giratina! [-1050 Spd]
- Koa's Pure Words reached Brisa! [+3 Acc]
[Koa gave Starr 30 Shadow and Radiance through the Conduit] Net: 50% HP, -212 Stm, +54 Rad, +26 Shd, Conduit: +25% HP, +1 Protect

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Void Arcstrike dealt 1254 damage to Giratina!
Starr's Brilliant Flarestrike dealt 731 damage to Giratina!
Starr's Z-Burst dealt 1788 damage to Giratina!

The distortion god crouched down, six legs buckling under the pressure of the initial volley. "Opening strong, are we?" she said. "That's fine. I have something just for you in return!"

Giratina opened with a weak volley of attacks. The haze around them seemed to be getting stronger, but it wasn't enough to Reverse things just yet...

Giratina used Breaking Swipe on Starr, Brisa, and the conduit, breaking the barrier and dealing 66 damage to the conduit!
Giratina used another Breaking Swipe on Starr, Brisa, and Koa!
Starr dodged it!
Brisa took a grazing 52 damage!
Koa blocked it!

Giratina used Thunder Wave on Starr, Paralyzing her!

The attacks didn't seem to hurt very much... But was she just trying to disrupt them? Owen was watching from the stands, leaning forward, looking perplexed. Giratina's fans were passing around some rocks, which they occasionally spoke to.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa glanced at Starr, straining under paralysis. Shit. Unexpected, a serious limitation, not insurmountable... They still had a chance. Starr was strong. They all were.

Let's see you at yer best, darlin'.

Brisa's Radiance bloomed, and the two cats shone a little brighter, together.

Paragon @Starr
[+8, guts, stab, terrain, charge, 300 para]
Fists
E Facade
Wind Up
[Call, conduit]
-25% hp then +64
-120 stm, then x2
+20/+10 BL (30 rad to Starr)

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
So Giratina was taking things slow, huh? Probably biding her time for something big. Well, it wasn't like Starr couldn't handle an endurance war. (And, it wasn't like she'd get a choice with that goddamn paralysis.) That explosion of Blacklight seemed to hardly take anything out of her like it used to. Instead, she felt better than ever. And Koa was looking a bit worn, so...

"Keep your energy up, we've only just started," Starr told him, letting her shadows restore his strength. "Can't have you falling before you get a chance to show her what you can really do," she added with a smirk.

- Starr used Void Catharsis on Koa!
- Starr focused. [Exit Unleashed]
- Starr wound up.
[Starr took 30 Radiance from Brisa through the Conduit]

Net: 100% HP, -51 Stm, +2 Atk/Spd, +0 Rad, +36 Shd, +1 Protect, +1 Action

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa shot Starr a grateful look. Already he could feel his strength returning. Time to dig in weaken Giratina. Baring his teeth, he let out a feral snarl charged with blacklight.

Tear her down.

"Hah! Some creation dragon. I've fought way scarier."

He bit his tongue before he could say more, something more hurtful. He could still feel that... Something simmering inside him, but he held back.

For a brief moment, his memories flashed back to the first time he'd used his technique, against Brisa, before pushing the memory aside. That was done and gone now. He wasn't that person. He was stronger now, literally.

He shot his mentor and friend a determined grin. "Let's do this, Brisa!"
- Koa used Shadow Browbeat! [-500 Spd]
- Koa's Pure Words reached Brisa!

Net: +50% HP, +6 Mag, - 64Stm, -15 Rad, +42 Shd

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Plasma Fists dealt 657 damage to Giratina!
Brisa's Electric Facade dealt 852 damage to Giratina!

Giratina braced, expecting to be disabled for this volley, and yet she was narrowly able to shake off the Paralysis that had nearly taken her. She was sure it was going to hit on the next exchange, though. It was coming soon. She puffed.

"I'll get a little more serious...! How about this?!"

Giratina inverted the playing field!
Giratina's moves changed, and she became more evasive! She can dodge one full attack per turn!
Giratina used Shadow Sneak, twice, on Starr! The first was blocked, and the second one was dodged!

Giratina used Hex on Starr, dealing 418 damage!

Giratina disappeared into the shadows, gaining +6 Evade next turn!

Brisa: 920
Koa: 731 (Conduit 391)
Starr: 383

Giratina: 24718

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yep, there it was. A twisted mass of ghostly energy tore through through her barrier and hit way harder than it had any right to. Damn reverse field. And now her Dark attacks would suck ass, too.

But then, if Dark wasn't going to work...

"...I'll just go with fire," Starr said with a smirk.

[+11, STAB, SE, Blaze][+5 Acc]
[Starr gives Brisa 9 Shadow using the Conduit.]
- Starr used Shadow Complacence! [+300 HP, +2 Eva]
- Starr used Umbral Insolence! [-483 HP]
- Starr used Fiery Assurance!
- Starr used Fiery Power Trip! [43 stages]

HP: 25% +724 [Insolence]
Stm: Tireless Gusto
Corruption: +33 Shd

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa bit her lip. It wasn't the perfect time to go wild, but it might be the best chance she'd get. She couldn't afford to throw it away. So, with Koa's voice ringing in her ears, she dashed forward and unloaded every scrap of power she had in her.

Without frenzying, anyway...

Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning!
[Receive Call, Howl, Conduit]
[+9 Atk, guts, stab, terrain, SE, charge, 300 para]
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge, then Electric Facade! [Crit]
Brisa used four more Electric Facades!
Δ Stats: +1 Atk
Δ Stamina: +/-0
Δ Blacklight: +30/+39
Δ HP: +64
Turn order:
Koa's Howl + Call
Brisa's turn
Koa's turn
Starr's turn

As the shade grew, her thoughts began to ripple with discontent, yearning, and dread.

Fightin' is still all you're good fer, in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom