• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid Called out to Puff!

“Sure,” she said, not short of breath at all. “Back home, I didn’t fight like this. My scope of everything was like, way, way smaller. Here, I’ve had nothing but opportunities, and I guess it unlocked something in me. I dunno. I get ahead of myself at times. But I can do stuff like this—”

Astrid used Shadow Recurve! It chained into Nasty Plot, which was stored!

“—and make it my own. Stuff other Pokémon can’t do. Like your, um, whatever you’ve got me under right now. It’s unique to you in a way. I really like that about Cibus. It’s different from my world. It lets me shape my battle style however I like it to be…”

Astrid used Protect +1!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats:
Δ Stamina: -44
Δ Shade: +14
Δ Radiance:
Δ Misc: +Nasty Plot, +1 Protect

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well! how about that..." Puff grinned, looking it over. "All right, then. I guess if that's how you want to play it... show me what you're capable of, Astrid. Just what can you do?"

Puff used Feint on Astrid thrice, dealing a total of 77 damage!
Puff did something tricky again!

Puff looked like he was about to do something else, but then smirked a little and shrugged. "Well, I guess we'll just have to see! All that effort... Why not show it to the crowd again, eh?!" He held out his arms, smiling in a friendly way. He seemed to be wide open, but Owen looked nervous, uncertain.

Astrid: 408

Puff: 3000

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
At that, Astrid broke rhythm, briefly frowning. “Not all opponents are the same, you know. When I’m with my friends I don’t have to worry about that as much. When I’m alone, I have to be more cautious, of course…”

I have to attack. Dunno when I’ll get another opening. But… maybe I don’t have to drop my defenses just yet.

“So, Puff!” she called, rain beating against her sides. “What’ve you got? Reporters aren’t supposed to hide things. Show me!”

Astrid’s Recurved Nasty Plot activated!
Astrid is Unleashed!

[+10, SE, STAB, Loner, Rain]
Astrid used Weather Ball!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats: +2 Magic
Δ Stamina: -40
Δ Shade: +30
Δ Radiance: +30
Δ Misc: +1 Action, Unleash

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff's tricks have been revealed! He used Agility twice, and then Protect+5!

Astrid's Weather Balls smashed through all of his Protects!

"Ngh--" Puff shook his head. "All right. So maybe you didn't fall for it. That's fine! Because I have a question for you in reply! Astrid!" Puff disappeared in a deft movement, reappearing next to her. "with all this power that you don't have back home, all the way to forge your own path, does that mean you feel trapped in your own? If there was one thing you could tell yourself back there... what would it be?"

Puff used Divine Interview!
Puff used Pyro Ball on Astrid, twice, dealing 278 damage! Astrid is Staggered!

Astrid: 130

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid Called out to Puff!

“Try and make a lot of friends,” she answered with finality. “Don’t be afraid to let them inspire you.”

Astrid didn’t miss a beat, bouncing off her heels to appear on Puff’s opposite side.

“And your final question?”

Astrid used Brilliant Metanoia!
Astrid Focused out of Unleashed!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats: +2 Accuracy
Δ Stamina: -69
Δ Shade: -20
Δ Radiance: +36
Δ Misc: +1 Action, +Endure, Metanoia

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff winced, glancing at Astrid. "...All right," he said. "I guess we'll just have to see how this goes... Here's my question... All of this fighting, all of this struggle. Even in your own world... Why are you fighting for it?"

Puff used Agility!
Puff Focused... taking a deep breath.
Puff used Protect+5

"Can you do it?"

Astrid: 1

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
The ground tugged at her paws to halt, contemplate the question, dwell on it for a bit—but she did not heed it right away.

Astrid used Basic Attack!
Astrid used Basic Attack!
Astrid Unleashed!
Astrid used Radiant Basic Attack!

With the third jab breaking halfway through his shield, she grabbed his paw with her own and forced him to the ground, where his chest was pinned by another. He would feel the Radiance sizzling through her grip as she towered over him with an innocent, pensive look.

“I fight because… I’m chasing something. Could be the meaning of love, or, uhm, I don’t know. Adventure. Revelations. Uncharted limits of the universe… I think being immersed in the unknown and making it known is what makes me the happiest. Kinda like a journalist, in a way?”

Heat welled up below her—Puff making a premature effort to stand, or perhaps breathe. A ball of absorbent energy quickly put out the flames and made it very much harder to breathe.

Astrid used Radiant Rainy Weather Ball! [SE, +10, STAB, Loner]
Astrid used Voidbound! It chained into a CRITICAL Radiant Rainy Weather Ball! [SE, +10, STAB, Loner, Crit]

“My mentor,” Astrid continued, “would describe it as the calling of the void. I guess, I would just describe it as being myself.”

Astrid is in Final Rush!
Astrid is in Lithe Stance!

Astrid used Blacklight Z-Burst! [228 BP; UE, +12, STAB, Loner, Crit]

Δ Stats: +2 Valor
Δ Stamina: -216; set to 223
Δ Shade: +86; set to 0
Δ Radiance: +52; set to 0
Δ Misc: -2 Actions, Lithe, Unleashed, Z-Busted, Voidbound

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Astrid's first four attacks were dodged or blocked!
Astrid's fifth attack, a CRITICAL Weather Ball, dealt a Cunning reduced 1301 damage!

"Tch." Puff knew what was coming next. "You don't really know what that means, do you?" he weaved out of the way of a few final attacks. "Call of the void... not sure where you're from, but here, that's the sense of doom you feel... when you get the urge to look over a cliff, or a thought to do something terrible to yourself. Not a call to adventure. Then again, with how you fight... maybe they're one and the same!"

Astrid's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt a CRITICAL 8962 damage!
Puff was KOed!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
From the stands, Brisa whooped and cheered. Goddamn, that was an impressive finish! And it wasn't even Astrid's limit, that was for sure!

"Hell yeah!" she cried, starry-eyed over Astrid's performance. "You sure showed him!"

R15 ~ Thundersnow vs Potluck

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa rolled her shoulders and strolled onto the field with a smile on her face. She'd wanted to team up with Astrid in the Colo like this for months, and it had been long enough since she fought a Squaddie. She had no idea whose ass was about to get kicked, but she was sure it'd be a good fight.

"You ready?" she asked Astrid, grinning stupidly, fighting the urge to use a pet name like an idiot. She could feel Luz smirking from the stands.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Incineroar was doing his usual announcements, but paused in the middle of it to say, "It seems... that the member of God Squad has yet to appear! Where in the world is he?!" He tried to make it sound like part of the show, but the way staff seemed to be shuffling and shouting suggested they didn't actually know.

Before Incineroar could perform a distraction to buy time, someone shouted from far, far away, with a booming, deceptively youthful voice. "Here I come!"

A great beast jumped in the air from all the way outside the Colosseum, a dot in the sky as he cleared the stands in one bound. He landed and created a giant cloud of dust, and when it settled, Silvally Potluck was standing on the opposite side, eyes glimmering. Maple, as a Smeargle, was watching with several others in God Squad, and she seemed to be holding a badge with Green on the other end as well. Joule flew in the back so he didn't take up space.

"I hope you're ready!" Potluck said with a giggle. "I know tons of moves, you know! But even better, I get to go all-out!" He curled into himself, trembling. "Oooh, I can't wait! I can't wait! Let's start already! Can we start? Can we?"

"Yes! Yes, you can! And with that, it seems that both sides are ready! Who shall win? God Squad's Potluck... or Team Spectrum's Brisa and Astrid?! Let the battle... BEGIN!"

Potluck's Excitement is active! Anyone who interacts with Potluck on their turn will gain 20 Radiance at the end of their turn.
Potluck's RKS is currently Normal!

Potluck: 15000

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa entered a battle stance without hesitation. C'mon then, showboater!

Brisa used Electric Terrain!
Brisa used Protect 3!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa Unleashed her Tenacity!
Δ Stats: +2 Atk, +4 Spd, +2 Def
Δ Stamina: -209
Δ Blacklight: +66/+10
Δ HP: -25%, then +53
Δ Misc: Electric Terrain, Unleashed, Paragon, +4 Protect

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“As ready as you are,” Astrid said, genuinely excited. She’d fought a few ones and a few threes here in the colosseum, but this was her first true duo fight. Appropriately, Brisa was her ally, and perhaps more appropriately, the bombastic Potluck was their counterpart. Vaguely, she recalled it had taken Brisa, Starr, and Cabot to take down Leg, the only other Squad member to fight Spectrum here—but time had passed since then, and they were much stronger! This would be within reach, she was certain. If her timing was good, if she could burn for long enough…

Next to her, Brisa had already morphed into her Unleashed form. Reflexively, Astrid got in position, snarled a battlecry, and prepared something tricky.

Astrid is Winding Up!

Astrid Called out to Brisa! [+2 Spe, +2 Def]
Astrid used Shadow Recurve! It chained into Spite, which was stored!

Δ Stats: +2 Atk, +2 Spe
Δ HP: -121
Δ Stamina: -26
Δ Shade: +14
Δ Radiance:
Δ Misc: +1 Action, +1 Protect

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Potluck giggled. "Okay! That's okay! If you want to set things up, then I will, too!" And then, he crouched down, and the lights that passively emanated from his body seemed to intensify. His irises swirled with colors and his giggles were nonstop.

Potluck used Blinding Ignite! Each turn, a new effect will stack onto him!
Potluck changed his type to Fire! Potluck used Flamethrower on Astrid, but it was blocked!
Potluck used Multi-Attack on Astrid, dealing a grazing 350 damage!

Potluck's Ignite granted him +1 Defense and Resistance!

Astrid: 14
Brisa: 477

Potluck: 15000

"Heehee, aw, c'mon! You can do better than that!" Potluck shouted gleefully.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid flinched back as a perfectly-aimed Flamethrower disintegrated the only shield she had. The only one she would get. Exposed, there was no way to dodge what came next, and when it hit she instantly felt her vision close in. She flailed out and slowed her tumble until she was a still heap lying in the dirt. Conscious, but fighting for it.

Astrid: 14 HP

“Ngh—! Ghhh-howeee that hurt…” But she would not lie still forever. She forced herself to stand and grin at Brisa, favoring her left side as she rose. “A-aren’t these near-knockouts your thing? Hah…”

Won’t matter soon.

Astrid is Unleashed! Her Blacklight Titan is revving up Brisa…

Astrid Called out to Brisa! [+4 Attack]

“Brisa, lead the way! Give ‘em some fireworks!” Astrid barked, newly rejuvenated, flanking a good ways off to the side to force Potluck to make a tough decision. Glimmering sparks soared off her mane with each bound; for now, her Radiance would keep her standing. Brisa would get some hits in, and Astrid would keep transferring her energy over as her time ran low. That was the plan…

So far, it was working.

Astrid used Shadow Recurve! It chained into Grudge, which was stored!
Astrid used Brilliant Metanoia!

Astrid’s Recurved Spite targeted Potluck!

Astrid is Winding Up!

Δ Stats: +2 Acc
Δ HP: set to 1
Δ Stamina: -114
Δ Shade: +44
Δ Radiance: +106
Δ Misc: +1 Action, Metanoia, +Endure

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Fireworks, huh? Brisa nodded, and set her jaw. Fireworks it would be.

She paced herself, running forward and dishing out a couple of powerful strikes without going all-out just set. Gotta keep her grip. Gotta go steady...

Left hook. Astrid's strange energies powered up the lightning in her fist. Right hook. Shadowy electricity burst from her knuckles. Stay focused...

[+10, Guts, Stab, Terrain, Charge]
Brisa used Titanic Bolt Strike! [SE, 100 Para]
Brisa used Void Arcstrike! [UE, 50 Para]
Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa got her Second Wind!
Δ Stats: +4 Atk
Δ Stamina: -107, then *2
Δ Blacklight: -10/+26
Δ HP: +53
Δ Misc: -2 Charge

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 671 damage to Potluck!
Brisa's Void Arcstrike dealt 887 damage to Potluck!

The dust settled, and then Potluck looked down at Brisa, grinning. "That was cool!" he said. He looked like he had a few scratches on his chitinous forelegs. "My turn!"

Potluck used Double Hit on Brisa, taking out two barriers!
Potluck used Flamethrower on Brisa, destroying the final barrier!
Potluck switched to the Rock type!
Potluck used Rock Slide on Brisa and Astrid, dealing a grazing Flinch on Astrid, but she resisted!
It dealt a grazing 25 damage to Brisa!

Potluck's Ignite continues! He gained +1 Defense and Resistance, +2 Attack and Magic, and the Guarded status!

Astrid: 1
Brisa: 505

Potluck: 13442

Astrid is about to Meltdown!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa huffed and clenched her fists. This guy was never gonna be a pushover, that was for sure, but she'd expected those hits to sting! He didn't even look concerned. It didn't merit a change in tactics just yet, though. A little more of what she was doing, and she'd have more options open up...

"Quite the fighter, ain'tcha?" she jibed, as she darted in to give him another pair of lightning strikes, this time coordinating more closely with her combat partner to get the best possible hits in...

[+10, Guts, Stab, Terrain, Friendship, Charge]
Brisa used Titanic Bolt Strike! [SE, 100 Para]
Brisa used Void Arcstrike! [UE, 50 Para]
Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa got her Second Wind!
Δ Stats: N/A
Δ Stamina: -107, then *2
Δ Blacklight: +10/+46
Δ HP: +53
Δ Misc: -1 Effective Charge

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
[+10, UE, STAB, HH, Terrain, Guts, Crit]
Astrid Focused!
Astrid used Shining Inspiration on Brisa’s Void Arcstrike!
Astrid used Voidbound! It chained into a CRITICAL Pressurized Blizzard! [165 BP]

Astrid’s Recurved Grudge targeted Potluck!

Astrid is Winding Up!

The push and pull of corruption through her body burned like dry ice, teetering at the edge again and again. Brisa had gotten going now, though, and her power surged through Astrid seamlessly. She was used to it by now; it was second nature.

So was what she did next.

“Brisa!”

This was simply an exhibition match. An important audience was in attendance, perhaps, but no lives were on the line. Brisa knew that Astrid knew that. She wasn’t going to risk hurting herself for something like this.

Because now, she no longer needed to.

“Trust me!”

‘I’ll be okay.’

And she believed it.

Astrid was upon Potluck. She lowered her head, summoned that power, and let it flow.

Astrid performed a CRITICAL Inspired Pressurized Blacklight Meltdown! [300 BP]

Astrid… was unharmed!

Δ Stats: +6 Attack
Δ HP:
Δ Stamina: -118
Δ Shade: set to 0
Δ Radiance: set to 0
Δ Misc: +1 Action

Special Note: Brisa will Arcstrike first, then Focus, then Astrid will go, and then the Voidbound-gifted critical hit will apply itself to Brisa’s Bolt Strike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom